Democrats Have Always Destroyed the Economy

The biggest propaganda lie ever concocted and foisted upon the American people is the lie that Bush caused our economic crisis. He did not.

Before the Democrats took Congress in 2007 unemployment was 4.1%, gas was $1.70 a gallon, and the economy was expanding.

Then the Democrats took Congress in 2007 and promptly destroyed the economy. When Obama became president in 2009 he made it twice as bad.

Let’s do a little math here:

Bush was president for 8 years, from 2001 to 2009.

As I said, in 2007 unemployment was 4.1% and the economy was expanding. That is SIX years into the Bush presidency mind you - SIX OUT OF EIGHT. (And BTW: 4.1% is almost perfect since there is no such thing as a 0% rate.)

Now, can anyone explain to me why the first six years of the eight-year Bush presidency was just fine, and then magically, when the Democrats took over Congress, the economy tanked? Simple: The Democrats took power. When they took power they pushed their social engineering policy of trying to let minorities who wants to own a house own a house whether they could afford it or not. All the bad loans the banks made, they were browbeat into that by the Left. And THAT was the first domino in line to fall.

As I said: The biggest propaganda lie ever concocted and foisted upon the American people is the lie that Bush caused our economic crisis. In fact, Democrats did, with policies that can find their genesis in the Clinton years

Stay tuned for Part Two.........

Good Bush economy attacked, bad Obama economy ignored by media
Obama didn't end the Great Recession that Bush didn't cause - AEI
That's rich.

Also a lie.

Every republican president in modern history has started a recession.
/—-/ Presidents don’t start recessions, not Bush, not Clinton, not Obama, none of them.
Try and educate yourself. What Causes a Recession?
Why don't you go look at who presided over the start of ever single recession for the last 50 years or so and say that again.

The biggest propaganda lie ever concocted and foisted upon the American people is the lie that Bush caused our economic crisis. He did not.

Before the Democrats took Congress in 2007 unemployment was 4.1%, gas was $1.70 a gallon, and the economy was expanding.

Then the Democrats took Congress in 2007 and promptly destroyed the economy. When Obama became president in 2009 he made it twice as bad.

As I said, in 2007 unemployment was 4.1% and the economy was expanding. That is SIX years into the Bush presidency mind you - SIX OUT OF EIGHT. (And BTW: 4.1% is almost perfect since there is no such thing as a 0% rate.)

Now, can anyone explain to me why the first six years of the eight-year Bush presidency was just fine, and then magically, when the Democrats took over Congress, the economy tanked? Simple: The Democrats took power. When they took power they pushed their social engineering policy of trying to let minorities who wants to own a house own a house whether they could afford it or not. All the bad loans the banks made, they were browbeat into that by the Left. And THAT was the first domino in line to fall.

As I said: The biggest propaganda lie ever concocted and foisted upon the American people is the lie that Bush caused our economic crisis. In fact, Democrats did, with policies that can find their genesis in the Clinton years

That's rich.

Also a lie.

/—-/ Presidents don’t start recessions, not Bush, not Clinton, not Obama, none of them.
Why don't you go look at who presided over the start of ever single recession for the last 50 years or so and say that again.
/----/ Every time we went onto recession, you ate food. It's all your fault. Can a president influence a recession or how long it lasts, yes, but they don't cause it.

UPDATE
U.S. Unemployment Rate Falls to 50-Year Low

And now we see proof that the OP is correct, after almost a full term of Trump, unemployment is at a 50 year low and the economy is booming
LOLOL

A two month old article to show the unemployment rate dropped 1 percentage point under Trump?

Dayum, you are one desperate bitch. :lmao:
/---/ The only desperation is your twists and distortions.
From the link: The Trump Administration’s pro-growth agenda provides job creators with the framework they need to expand their businesses and offer more opportunities for workers. Since the President’s election, the economy has added over 6.4 million jobs—more than the population of Maryland. Steady job growth in combination with sustained year-over-year wage increases are not only positive signs for the economy: They also improve workers’ quality of life and incentivize previously left-behind Americans to join the labor force.
Thanks for not refuting what I said.
thumbsup.gif
/----/ If you're going to reject a factual article you need a better lame excuse other than it's 2 months old. Did the UE rate suddenly jump by 25%?
I didn't reject it. I noted it points out the unemployment rate has dropped one percentage point under Trump.

That's rich.

Also a lie.

/----/ Every time we went onto recession, you ate food. It's all your fault. Can a president influence a recession or how long it lasts, yes, but they don't cause it.
If k was the only person eating food you might actually have a point.

You don't though.

Every single recession is a republican's fault.

Every.

Single.

One.

That's rich.

Also a lie.

If k was the only person eating food you might actually have a point.

You don't though.

Every single recession is a republican's fault.

Every.

Single.

One.
/-----/ From my link you most likely never read because you knew it would contradict your rant. No mention of republican presidents being at fault.
Many overall factors contribute to an economy's fall into a recession, as we found out during the U.S. financial crisis, but one of the major causes is inflation. Inflation refers to a general rise in the prices of goods and services over a period of time. The higher the rate of inflation, the smaller the percentage of goods and services that can be purchased with the same amount of money as before. Inflation can happen for reasons as varied as increased production costs, higher energy costs and national debt.

Recessions are cyclical and inevitable no matter who is President. I think Presidents should be measured by the policies they pursue that correlate to long term economic expansion and growth or, short-term recovery out of a recession.

Do Nothing Democrats
Nice bumper sticker.

Now see how many names you can list of...

Republican presidents who left office with the unemployment rate lower than when they started?

Democrat presidents who left office with the unemployment rate higher than when they started?

Now, can anyone explain to me why the first six years of the eight-year Bush presidency was just fine, and then magically, when the Democrats took over Congress, the economy tanked?
It takes three to five years for a predatory ARM to reset, that's why. Dumbass.

Notice how none of the Wing-nuts can answer my question!
Then the Democrats took Congress in 2007 and promptly destroyed the economy.
So what law exactly did the Dems pass in 2007 over Bush's veto that "promptly destroyed the economy?"
W. Bush warned of the housing situation in 2002. The congress and senate were close in political numbers and the frauds within each party did not pay attention to the issue. It dragged on until the collapse in 2007. In 2010 Dodd/Frank was enacted. To late...after the fact and made things worse as the loans that did not collapse were tightened even further. Our buddies. They would have done nothing in 2002 and did nothing before the collapse. Tens of millions of people with mortgages suffered with many losing much of their life savings. A pox on you.
Bush did not warn of the "housing situation" in 2002. That's completely false horseshit.

President Bush Calls for Expanding Opportunities to Home Ownership

"And so here are some of the ways to address the issue. First, the single greatest barrier to first time homeownership is a high downpayment. It is really hard for many, many, low income families to make the high down payment."

"And so that's why I propose and urge Congress to fully fund the American Dream Downpayment Fund."

"This will use money, taxpayers' money to help a qualified, low income buyer make a down payment. And that's important."

"Secondly, there is a lack of affordable housing in certain neighborhoods. Too many neighborhoods, especially in inner city America, lack affordable housing units. How can you promote homeownership if people can't afford a home?"

"And so what I've done is propose what we call a Single Family Affordable Housing Tax Credit, to encourage the development of affordable housing in neighborhoods where housing is scarce." (Applause.)

"A third major barrier is the complexity and difficulty of the home buying process. There's a lot of fine print on these forms. And it bothers people, it makes them nervous. And so therefore, what Mel has agreed to do, and Alphonso Jackson has agreed to do is to streamline the process, make the rules simpler, so everybody understands what they are -- makes the closing much less complicated."

"We certainly don't want there to be a fine print preventing people from owning their home. We can change the print, and we've got to."

"That's why I've challenged the industry leaders all across the country to get after it for this goal, to stay focused, to make sure that we achieve a more secure America, by achieving the goal of 5.5 million new minority home owners. I call it America's home ownership challenge."

"First of all, government sponsored corporations that help create our mortgage system -- I introduced two of the leaders here today -- they call those people Fannie May and Freddie Mac, as well as the federal home loan banks, will increase their commitment to minority markets by more than $440 billion. (Applause.)"
- George Bush, June 17, 2002

If you want to fuck up the US all you have to do is elect filthy ass Democrats.

We see it in all the time in Democrat controlled big city shitholes and we see it on the state level like in California that has the most poverty, worst schools and most debt.

We saw in 2006 after six years of good Bush economy (despite a trillion dollar hit because of 911) when the idiot Moon Bats elected a Democrat House and Senate. Then the country got fucked up real bad.

Liberal in general and Democrats specifically don't know any more about Economics than they know about History, Climate Science, Biology the Constitution or Ethics.

Democrats are the scum of this country.

Here's one of the worst deregulations:
Final Rule Alternative Net Capital Requirements for Broker-Dealers That Are Part of Consolidated Supervised Entities Rel. No. 34-49830 June 8 2004

The Commission is amending Rule 15c3-12 (the “net capital rule”) under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 (the “Exchange Act”) to establish a voluntary, alternative method of computing net capital for certain broker-dealers.

Bush's SEC voted unanimously in 2004 to waive the net capital rule for the 5 biggest broker-dealers. That waiver led directly to the demise of those broker-dealers.

All five of the broker-dealers who were given that extra special treatment by the SEC no longer exist as independent companies or converted into bank holding companies so they could be bailed out.

Bear Stearns was the first to go under. Then Lehman Brothers went under. Then Merrill Lynch went under.

Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley converted to bank holding companies so they could receive bailout money. Goldman was also bailed out by former Goldman Sachs CEO, Hank Paulson, who was Bush's Secretary of Treasury. Goldman Sachs received 100 cents on the dollar for their CDS's from AIG.

Part Two: Prequel

Jimmy Carter, Democrat, president from 1977 to 1980. That man destroyed our economy. What happened in 2008 was nothing compared to the late 1970's. We had gas lines for miles, gas rationing, unemployment off the charts.

Ronald Reagan, Republican, was then elected in 1980 and gave us the greatest post WWII economic boom: Lowering taxes, freeing business from regulations... ....just like Trump is doing. It worked then and it works now.
But Reagan was a racist...

Didn't find this out till Barbara Walters brought it up during his funeral

Then the Democrats took Congress in 2007 and promptly destroyed the economy.
So what law exactly did the Dems pass in 2007 over Bush's veto that "promptly destroyed the economy?"
The executive branch under Bush missed every sign of Wall Street run amuck. Thank God Obama steered us consistently upward.

Bush’s biggest mistake is that he did not fight the Democrats hard enough on Fannie Mae and Mortgage Government-backed securities. Democrats and their cronies in Fannie Mae thought it would be wise to egregiously relax financial criteria so more poor people could get more house that they could not afford.
Didn't fight enough??? Bush and the GOP BLOCKED every reform bill in GOP controlled House committees except one and that was kept from a vote on the floor by the GOP controlled Senate, but you knew that already!!!

Bullshit. Barney Frank and his cronies at Fannie Mae insisted there was no risk. The Democrats wanted poor people to be able to purchase half million dollar homes. Said that financial qualifying criteria was racist. Then, when the mortgages started going into default, Democrats and Black leaders blamed the banks for “predatory lending”.
See post 252.

So blame the Republican Congress then...and Trump since he signed the bills they wrote
/—-/ Yes, both democRATs and Republicans in Congress are responsible for the debt.

Democrats much more so
The deficit was declining when the GOP Congress took over in 2016.

The Republican Congress and Donald Trump DOUBLED the deficit.

It's amazing how you have been 100 percent wrong in every one of your posts in your own topic.

You are just a parroting rube without a single original thought in your pointy head.

Dumbass republicans post Obama had a crap economy in one post and then post how great the Republican Congress did with the same economy in the next. Idiots. Republican Presidents tank the economy every time. Trump is working hard to kill the longest expansion ever which historians are already calling the “Obama expansion”.

LOL, seriously?

Forum List

Back