Democrats have encouraged Mexican cartels to buy ‘grow houses’ in Mexifornia by legalizing weed.

The title of the uop is misleading.

1. Drug cartels have been growing pot in California and other states well before it became legal in California. When pot became legal there the cartels just continued to ship weed from several north western states and northern California. The red states supply most of the illicit tax free revenue.

2. By legalizing pot, California has established some control in ensuring the growing process of the legal plants is safer for users and the environment. Contrary to what the op implies, it is the refusal of the red states to legalize marihuana that drives the negative environmental and health issues caused by illegal growers using powerful deadly toxicants to kill animals that eat their crops.

3. Cartel Grower houses would likely produce a safer product without pesticides as opposed to the illicit plants cartels grow in our national parks and forests where pesticides reek havoc on the wildlife and ecosystems; Not to mention the deleterious effects passed on to users when they smoke MJ or bake cookies with the pesticide laced produce.
The cartels are real heroes.
The 8 Most Brutally Sadistic Execution Methods Mexican Cartels Use To Kill People
I'm focusing on the impact pesticides used in illicit weed cultivation has on the ecosystem.
Why are you attempting to derail that crucial point?
The op has proven to be disingenuous in promoting an inference tha by endind pot prohibition California is encouraging drug cartels to proliferate there and use grow houses there as cultivation, processing and distribution points for dissemination to states that haven't legalized. marihuana.. Personally, i would rather the cartels used grow houses than u would their use our national parks and forests;
at least the use of pesticides would be far less of an environmental factor in that scenario.

Although I'm not sure the far smaller profit margins a low end black market intrinsically has would warrant the attention of criminal cartels.

It doesn't. The cartels maximize their tax free profits by transporting the California grown hemp to states that refuse to legalize it.

Although I'm not sure the far smaller profit margins a low end black market intrinsically has would warrant the attention of criminal cartels.

It doesn't. The cartels maximize their tax free profits by transporting the California grown hemp to states that refuse to legalize it.

Still not sure it is worth their risk compared to cocaine and heroin smuggling, which would remain illegal in all States, and would have a much higher return.

Good point...those “red states” you speak of have lots of blacks and white trash stoners dragging good people down. Again, good point. BUT remember, Mexifornia has 12% of the nations population and 33% of the nations welfare recipients. Thank God for SillyCon Valley, Hollyweird and all those elites you hate for being able to keep spoon feeding the filth huh?
The red welfare states need to start reimbursing Cali and NY since they can't support themselves.
Cali and New York are broke. Red states do fine and support themselves.
No the red states suck up most of the welare
doled out by he feds.
It's Official: White Folks in Red States are the Biggest Food Stamp 'Moochers' in the Country!

They're growing the weed that AmericanTs wont !. Now your masters are bringing in pickers from South Africa ( It's like Calumet City but with giraffes and stuff)

What? Are they growing that Mexican Dirt Weed they sell for 50 an OZ?
NOOP. Cryp for $500, mostly White Russian because even a dumbass Mezkin can get a crop out of that.

Still not sure it is worth their risk compared to cocaine and heroin smuggling, which would remain illegal in all States, and would have a much higher return.
I would venture to say that marihuana. cultivation makes more money because it serves a larger market. Recreational use of MJ is an affordable way to get high and is the drug of choice for
most people inclined to use.

I would venture to say that marihuana. cultivation makes more money because it serves a larger market. Recreational use of MJ is an affordable way to get high and is the drug of choice for

The issue is the work required to grow it vs. the profit potential for selling it. In States where it is legalized, you have competition from the government, and now law enforcement can spend more time going after the more obvious illegal growers and sellers.

Whoopsie....did their brilliant plan backfire?
Any filthy Liberal will tell you......“The legalization of marijuana in the states will put the cartels out of business.”
Hmmm.....or will it encourage the cartels to simply make the U.S. their home base?
Mexican drug cartels may use legal marijuana to increase their presence in Northern California
Cartels are growing marijuana illegally in California — and there's a war brewing
Here in Michigan we grow ourselves.

If their stuff is better and cheaper and legal I’ll buy it

How do you feel about a cartel buying that house next to yours and making it a grow house?

You know when they legalise it, it becomes farming... Why put a grow house in a residential neighbourhood... Cannabis is best grown in greenhouses...

Also lets look at your two headlines... "Mexican drug cartels may use legal marijuana" the word They also may power rocket ships to the moon on fairy dust...

As for Cartel growing illegally in California... Thats what Cartels do... Illegal shit...

The issue is the work required to grow it vs. the profit potential for selling it. In States where it is legalized, you have competition from the government, and now law enforcement can spend more time going after the more obvious illegal growers and sellers.
That may be one of a complex of issues. But after reading the entire op linked article, i came away sensing the real issue was hidden behind a facade of bullshit. The real issue is getting authorities to neutralize the incentive for cartels to use toxic pesticides in illicit cultivation of MJ. If indeed that is occurring,
the top priority would be to eliminate the health and environmental impact.

The op article also referenced case histories
on how itinerant MJ farms located in national parks or forests are tended. US agents in the field describe camps with provisions for no no more than 2 or 3 people as typical of the number of caretakers required to set up and maintain operations. These young undocumented growers are said to receive about 150 dollars per day over a 2 or 3 month period.

Last edited:

That may be one of a complex of issues. But after reading the entire op linked article, i came away sensing the real issue was hidden behind a facade of bullshit. The real issue is getting authorities to neutralize the incentive for cartels to use toxic pesticides in illicit cultivation of MJ. If indeed that is occurring,

on how itinerant MJ farms located in national parks or forests are tended. US agents in the field describe camps with provisions for no no more than 2 or 3 people as typical of the number of caretakers required to set up and maintain operations. These young undocumented growers are said to receive about 150 dollars per day over a 2 or 3 month period.

What's to stop cartels from using the pesticides now?

Why put a grow house in a residential neighbourhood... Cannabis is best grown in greenhouses...

Greenhouses might draw unwanted attention.
The "grower houses" allow for culivation in housesthat blend into the neighborhood.
But the ultraviolet lamps needed to facilitate photosynthesis can be detected by flying cops in helicopters equipped with heat sensing devices that can look trough walls and roofs. After some properties were confiscated via detections by that method cartels either used lead shielding to preclude external observation or they returned to the national parks and firests where they used pesticides to kill rabbits and other rodents that munched on the young marijuana shoots.
But then the entire food chain
was compromised as predators died when they ate the rodents. Even flies died within seconds of landing on contaminated bodies of dead mamals according to the op.

Last edited:

As i said earlier... Universal legalization among the states and feds would be the ideal
but if that fails, raising public awareness of the pesticide danger might be a worthwhile alternative. I can't fathom that anyone would ingest ir smoke a product that has been sprayed with powerful toxicants.

As i said earlier... Universal legalization among the states and feds would be the ideal
but if that fails, raising public awareness of the pesticide danger might be a worthwhile alternative. I can't fathom that anyone would ingest ir smoke a product that has been sprayed with powerful toxicants.

I don't see the Feds having the ability to give a blanket "yes or no" to the question of Pot. Treating it like alcohol constitutionally to me is the best fit.

If Mississipi doesn't want to ban it and wants to take on the extra law enforcement costs to stop it's sale and use, let them spend the $$ on it.

Whoopsie....did their brilliant plan backfire?
Any filthy Liberal will tell you......“The legalization of marijuana in the states will put the cartels out of business.”
Hmmm.....or will it encourage the cartels to simply make the U.S. their home base?
Mexican drug cartels may use legal marijuana to increase their presence in Northern California
Cartels are growing marijuana illegally in California — and there's a war brewing
Here in Michigan we grow ourselves.

If their stuff is better and cheaper and legal I’ll buy it

How do you feel about a cartel buying that house next to yours and making it a grow house?

You know when they legalise it, it becomes farming... Why put a grow house in a residential neighbourhood... Cannabis is best grown in greenhouses...

Also lets look at your two headlines... "Mexican drug cartels may use legal marijuana" the word They also may power rocket ships to the moon on fairy dust...

As for Cartel growing illegally in California... Thats what Cartels do... Illegal shit...
Exactly. My buddy has 3 beautiful homes he's leasing and inside they are spotless. The grow rooms are amazingly high tech. He has 10 girls come in and cut the buds and they are in and out in about a couple hours. He's not fooling around. He's worried they are going to make it completely legal next year and then he might be out of business. Caregivers will be put out of business by Marlboro.

One worry I have is if a mafia or cartel went to my friend and said "I want $5000 a month from your operation. If you go to the cops or if you quit I'll kill you and your family". What's to stop them from doing that to legal growers?

Exactly. My buddy has 3 beautiful homes he's leasing and inside they are spotless. The grow rooms are amazingly high tech. He has 10 girls come in and cut the buds and they are in and out in about a couple hours. He's not fooling around. He's worried they are going to make it completely legal next year and then he might be out of business. Caregivers will be put out of business by Marlboro.

One worry I have is if a mafia or cartel went to my friend and said "I want $5000 a month from your operation. If you go to the cops or if you quit I'll kill you and your family". What's to stop them from doing that to legal growers?

There's some SERIOUS irony here....for those who can find it

There's some SERIOUS irony here....for those who can find it
I can't find it.

I don't see the Feds having the ability to give a blanket "yes or no" to the question of Pot. Treating it like alcohol constitutionally to me is the best fit.

If Mississipi doesn't want to ban it and wants to take on the extra law enforcement costs to stop it's sale and use, let them spend the $$ on it.

The Feds gave a blanket yes or no on alcohol. Prohibition was a federal mandate. The same is true today concerning the prohibition of Marihuana. The feds haven't given up the perogative to go after people who sell and/or use marihuana in states that have legalized it.
IMHO the feds are usurping states rights if they intend to enforce that.
I agree that states wanting to maintain a ban on sales and use of pot could point to the precedent set by "dry counties" where the sale of alcohol is illegal. But I haven't heard that the USE or possession of alcohol by citizens in those counties is illegal.Still, It would seem to me the best interests of communities would be served by putting the issue up for vote at county level so local folks can decide if they want legal sales and use of recreational pot or not.

Forum List

Back