Democrats, is the economy Ok?

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012

Joe Biden is instructing the media to tell Americans that the economy is Ok. And there have been a slew of true believers in the DNC telling us just how fabulous the economy really is. However, then comes Kamala telling us she will set price controls into place. Why, if the economy is doing so well?

And why does Joe Biden not put price controls into place now? Is he saving this for Kamala to try and get elected? And what does price controls look like? Will it effect Big Oil, Big Grocery, Big Mortgage, Big insurance? Essentially, what does price control really look like?

Again, no one knows because a Kamala sighting as is rare as a Sasquatch sighting these days. All she does is talk in generalities and demonize others as to why her administration is looking so bad these days.

Who will stop the government from tax gauging? Who will stop Big Government?

Anyone?

Joe Biden is instructing the media to tell Americans that the economy is Ok. And there have been a slew of true believers in the DNC telling us just how fabulous the economy really is.

OK…
I have been retired for six years

Expenses for food, entertainment, dining out, energy have risen significantly. My mortgage and car has remained the same and taxes are up slightly.

During the last three years, my COLA adjustment on my pension and SS has been increased by 17.8 percent. I have more money to spend.

Because my mortgage and car expenses have not increased, that 17.8 percent more than covers the increase costs for food and eating out. The stock market has done very well so I have more money in my retirement fund. The value of my home has gone up by over $100,000

So, I am better off

The economy is doing great! The Fed will reduce their key interest rate in September. The unemployment rate has held at a record low. And inflation has dropped below 3% for the first time since 2021, when the aftermath of the Pandemic pushed prices higher.

Too Bad....So Sad....for MAGA

Who will stop Big Government?
There is no reason to stop big government for stopping big governments sake.

The truth is for the past two years the management of the complexity of the economy has been better than the last two years of the Trump economy. The Trump economy. included massive layoffs and joblessness, dead bodies piling up in refrigerated tractor trailers because Trump failed to prepare the nation for the pandemic and the economic hardship that transpired.

OK…

Expenses for food, entertainment, dining out, energy have risen significantly. My mortgage and car has remained the same and taxes are up slightly.

During the last three years, my COLA adjustment on my pension and SS has been increased by 17.8 percent. I have more money to spend.

Because my mortgage and car expenses have not increased, that 17.8 percent more than covers the increase costs for food and eating out. The stock market has done very well so I have more money in my retirement fund. The value of my home has gone up by over $100,000

So, I am better off
So long as you are getting reimbursed by the government, you don't care about the plight of others who don't have your benefits. Moreover, you are Ok with the government providing you with more and more money to survive, with record breaking deficits and spending that presumably can go on indefinitely.

Understood.

The economy is doing great! The Fed will reduce their key interest rate in September. The unemployment rate has held at a record low. And inflation has dropped below 3% for the first time since 2021, when the aftermath of the Pandemic pushed prices higher.

biden thinks he's God. He just speaks things into existence

So long as you are getting reimbursed by the government, you don't care about the plight of others who don't have your benefits. Moreover, you are Ok with the government providing you with more and more money to survive, with record breaking deficits and spending that presumably can go on indefinitely.

Understood.
I am just talking about my situation

But my children are in their late 30s so I can talk about the economies impact on them.

Both my sons had been stuck in jobs that did not pay well and they did not like. There were no other job opportunities.
After COVID, suddenly there were multiple job opportunities and employers offered more pay and benefits.
Both my children changed jobs and got more money after being stagnant for ten years.

They are both better off financially
Even though groceries cost more

The economy is okay. It’s getting better. It’s not amazing. It’s not terrible. It’s okay.

The economy has been okay for about 20 years now. The last time it was better than okay, we had the subprime mortgage crisis and it crashed hard.

Im okay with okay.

I am not a Democrat. I speak for the millions of people that can't get by with high prices. Our economy is bad under Biden. I believe that we are in another recession.

And some people believe the earth is flat, they are no more correct than you are about the recession.

Joe Biden is instructing the media to tell Americans that the economy is Ok. And there have been a slew of true believers in the DNC telling us just how fabulous the economy really is. However, then comes Kamala telling us she will set price controls into place. Why, if the economy is doing so well?

And why does Joe Biden not put price controls into place now? Is he saving this for Kamala to try and get elected? And what does price controls look like? Will it effect Big Oil, Big Grocery, Big Mortgage, Big insurance? Essentially, what does price control really look like?

Again, no one knows because a Kamala sighting as is rare as a Sasquatch sighting these days. All she does is talk in generalities and demonize others as to why her administration is looking so bad these days.

Who will stop the government from tax gauging? Who will stop Big Government?

Anyone?
Think better. Stop being stupid!!!!!
IMG_4793.jpeg

Last edited:

Then why is Kamaltoe proposing this, fuckface.

You people are such incredible, lying scum. You're worse than the Nazis ever were.

Kamala Harris: I've Got a Great Solution to the Runaway Inflation My Profligate Printing of Fake Dollars Caused -- Soviet-Style Price Controls on Grain!​

—Disinformation Expert Ace

Not just grain, but all foods. But "price controls on grain" sounds particularly Soviet.

Kamala Harris to propose "Soviet" style price controls despite Fed discrediting the policy

Vice President Kamala Harris is set to outline a limited economic plan on Friday, which has already drawn sharp criticism for its reliance on government-imposed price controls. Critics argue that Harris's approach mirrors failed Soviet-style policies that "will result in scarcity and higher costs," with the Federal Reserve having previously published reports discrediting such measures during her administration.

Harris's plan includes pushing for a federal ban on price gouging by food corporations, with enforcement by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and state attorneys general.
The St. Louis Fed, under the Biden-Harris administration, in a 2022 report warned against price controls for "[distorting] market signals" and leading to "costly shortages and inefficiencies," highlighting the risks of Harris's proposed measures.

Critics have slammed the proposal, comparing it to Soviet-era price controls that led to shortages and higher costs. "Kamala Harris is literally proposing price controls on food," said RealClearPolitics senior writer Mark Hemingway.

Mark Hemingway
@Heminator

Kamala Harris is literally proposing price controls on food. This is literally what the Soviets did and the results will be scarcity and higher costs.

Tomorrow, Kamala will be blessing us all with a speech on economics, which she is already lowering expectations for by warning us the speech will be "light on details."

Wow, this Airhead Town Pump will be short on details in a speech on policy? I don't know about you, but my world is spinning.*

Democrats don't believe in a God, so at that point whoever has the most power becomes God.

In 2023 78% of Democrat members of Congress Were Christians just like you?

That makes you a liar and a believer in God who breaks the 10 Commandments and Jesus commandment to love thy neighbor as thy self. You can’t even love Christian neighbors you’re so so pathetic and unpatriotic and unAmerican.

OK…

So, I am better off
You're doing well, so fuck everyone else?

In 2023 78% of Democrat members of Congress Were Christians just like you?

That makes you a liar and a believer in God who breaks the 10 Commandments and Jesus commandment to love thy neighbor as thy self. You can’t even love Christian neighbors you’re so so pathetic and unpatriotic and unAmerican.
Luckily for democrats, they are able to completely divorce themselves from the morality of God on the job and are only Christians at other times that are more convenient for them to be Christians apparently. After all, they would not want to give up their go to heaven for free card by renouncing their faith altogether.

Their god is the DNC. That is because they only fear the DNC and not God.

Forum List

Back