Democrats want to give school kids 3 meals a day YEAR ROUND!!!

Lifetime appointments are just silly. Do we expect justices to continue executing their office in the throes of senility?

When the FF wrote the constitution it never occurred to them that the SCOTUS would give itself the power to both repeal laws and write new ones. In fact the constitution says they CAN'T do those things but they do both all the time!!! As long as we let them be legislators. we have to elect our federal judges. Nothing wrong with the idea - many states and cities elect judges.

Guess you didn't understand my posts. Yes, if you chose to go to college and incur a ton of student loans, try and prepare yourself for something you'll be able to support yourself and your family over the course of your career. When I was in college it wasn't any different. Most of my peers were taking fluff classes because they were "easier" and they gave no thought to potential earning power by making those choices. Then they graduated with a Liberal Arts degree and found themselves waiting tables, forever. We do end up living with the choices we made, after all, but not everyone is willing to accept their consequences. That's why we've reached a point of denying our plight had anything to do with the decisions we ultimately made, so consequently we point a finger at the government or whatever else we can lamely accuse. Back in the day, those that racked up huge student loans didn't bother to pay them. Today's students are required to do so. Is that unfair? Not for those of us who did pay, as has my son after me. To those of us who took our obligations seriously, this should have always been the case, to make good on student loans. The other thing is young people today have no concept that the generation before them worked up to the lifestyle we have today, not that it was acquired overnight. They believe in the fantasy world of TV and the assets of their parents, and make the mis-assumption this lifestyle happens as soon as you graduate. Then they start popping out babies, without any thought of the pending obligation, despite that there's every option readily available for birth control. The decision whether or not to procreate shouldn't be an automatic. The reason is not because the it's the government's fault, so much as it is our own personal fault. It's a bitter pill to swallow, but one every person should "man" up to in their life.

Got it, you'll deny GOV'T POLICY MATTERS AND BLAME THE LAZY!

If the shoe fits, wear it, Bucko! What's the matter, hit a nerve?

If fantasies are ALL the right wing has, you Klowns are going to HATE Madam Prez

Lifetime appointments are just silly. Do we expect justices to continue executing their office in the throes of senility?

When the FF wrote the constitution it never occurred to them that the SCOTUS would give itself the power to both repeal laws and write new ones. In fact the constitution says they CAN'T do those things but they do both all the time!!! As long as we let them be legislators. we have to elect our federal judges. Nothing wrong with the idea - many states and cities elect judges.

LOL, Yes, politicize the judges *shaking head*

051031_juris_dahliaCartoon.gif

Instead of studying successful people, Progs would rather eliminate them. Somehow, this helps Progs cope with their lifelong sense of hopelessness and failure

Yes, "successful" people like the Koch Brothers/Walton family, 6 of the to 10 richest in the US, all inherited their money AND have captured Gov't with it. Wonderful

and because of walmart you can buy 100 bucks worth of the same goods that you would have to pay 130 somewhere else- this is bad how? Not to mention they employ hundreds of thousands.

Schools should not provide ANY food for kids. The kids should get breakfast at home and the parents should give them a sack lunch to take to school. White parents are fine with that but minority parents don't want the hassle and expense of feeding their own kids.

Federal Government Looking to Feed Public School Students 3 Meals Per Day Year Round

sep 4 2015Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack said on Tuesday that his agency is looking for “creative ways” to give public school students access to more meals, including a way to provide them breakfast, lunch and dinner year round.

“We have focused on efforts to try to figure out ways in which we can expand in those time periods when youngsters may not have access to school meals,” Vilsack said in remarks at the liberal Center for American Progress in Washington, D.C. That includes giving students access to meals “across the school day, across the school year and across the calendar year,” he said

Like George Carlin said about Conservatives: "If you're preborn, you're fine; if you're preschool, you're fucked".

so on top of food stamps, you want the taxpayers to pay for someone elses kids meals? really?

Schools should not provide ANY food for kids. The kids should get breakfast at home and the parents should give them a sack lunch to take to school. White parents are fine with that but minority parents don't want the hassle and expense of feeding their own kids.

Federal Government Looking to Feed Public School Students 3 Meals Per Day Year Round

sep 4 2015Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack said on Tuesday that his agency is looking for “creative ways” to give public school students access to more meals, including a way to provide them breakfast, lunch and dinner year round.

“We have focused on efforts to try to figure out ways in which we can expand in those time periods when youngsters may not have access to school meals,” Vilsack said in remarks at the liberal Center for American Progress in Washington, D.C. That includes giving students access to meals “across the school day, across the school year and across the calendar year,” he said
God forbid some of our tax dollars go to feeding the children in this country..... Probably a typical pro-life Christian.

ever heard of welfare, food stamps?

God forbid some of our tax dollars go to feeding the children in this country..... Probably a typical pro-life Christian.
God has nothing to do with assholes like you stealing my kids food money to pay for your kids meals. I've got an idea HOW ABOUT YOU LAZY ASS PIECES OF SHIT GET A JOB AND BUY YOUR KIDS SOMETHING TO EAT VS STEALING FROM MY KIDS?

Like I say, the true republican heart-mindset. Just hearing about poor children being fed arouses your hatred for mankind in general.

Progressive love to pretend they care about people, as long as someone else pays for their compassion. When the money's gone, the start rounding them up and shooting them
Actually, everyone should pay for compassion

That is what makes a great nation
Cons hate compassion. Its like a dirty word or something.

haha too funny lib- cons care about all children, starting with the unborn....

Poor white families use the school breakfast and lunch programs just as much as poor black families do. You are completely wrong in saying that 'white parents' are fine with not having the breakfast and lunch programs. You are completely wrong.

As well, I volunteered for my neighborhood food bank when I lived in Seattle. By far, most of the people who made use of that service were white. To assume only black people are poor or are the ones taking advantage of government or private programs to help them out: that's just ignorant, and racist.

Seattle? newsflash it almost ALL WHITE.

Instead of studying successful people, Progs would rather eliminate them. Somehow, this helps Progs cope with their lifelong sense of hopelessness and failure

Yes, "successful" people like the Koch Brothers/Walton family, 6 of the to 10 richest in the US, all inherited their money AND have captured Gov't with it. Wonderful

and because of walmart you can buy 100 bucks worth of the same goods that you would have to pay 130 somewhere else- this is bad how? Not to mention they employ hundreds of thousands.

Hundreds of thousands? You mean the ones making soooo little they rely on Gov't subsidies? wONDERFUL

Sure, it's ONLY Walmart you get deals, NOT Costco

The High Cost of Low Wages

CONservatives race to the bottom, as they crush the middle class and reward the "job creators"

God has nothing to do with assholes like you stealing my kids food money to pay for your kids meals. I've got an idea HOW ABOUT YOU LAZY ASS PIECES OF SHIT GET A JOB AND BUY YOUR KIDS SOMETHING TO EAT VS STEALING FROM MY KIDS?

Like I say, the true republican heart-mindset. Just hearing about poor children being fed arouses your hatred for mankind in general.

Progressive love to pretend they care about people, as long as someone else pays for their compassion. When the money's gone, the start rounding them up and shooting them
Actually, everyone should pay for compassion

That is what makes a great nation
Cons hate compassion. Its like a dirty word or something.

haha too funny lib- cons care about all children, starting with the unborn....
The problem is, you don't care about children who are living, breathing human beings: you only care about fetuses. Once the child is born, you couldn't give a flying fuck about it.

ever heard of welfare, food stamps?

Yes, those things the right fought, hate and are trying to do away with? Gutting SNAP beneficiaries payments (9%?) AS the GOP Congress gave billions more top Corp welfare?

The GOP "budget" proposal kicks what, 11+ million off SNAP? lol

HALF OF US AVG LESS THAN $15,000 PER YEAR PER FAMILY, A DROP OF NEARLY $5,000 SINCE REAGANOMICS! IN 1980

Poor white families use the school breakfast and lunch programs just as much as poor black families do. You are completely wrong in saying that 'white parents' are fine with not having the breakfast and lunch programs. You are completely wrong.

As well, I volunteered for my neighborhood food bank when I lived in Seattle. By far, most of the people who made use of that service were white. To assume only black people are poor or are the ones taking advantage of government or private programs to help them out: that's just ignorant, and racist.

This is very untrue. Have you actually ever been there?

Good you agree, CONservative/GOP policy hurts even poor in the white neighborhoods, not just mainly minority like we all thought!

:banana:

"Seattle also has the largest African American population of any city in the Pacific Northwest." wiki

"Seattle also has the largest African American population of any city in the Pacific Northwest." wiki
You mean more than Portland, Spokane and Eugene. Mind boggling stuff! It seems you have forgotten out little chat about dingbat posts

The OP distorts (like that "Christian" source) what the AG Scty said. Shocking

Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack said on Tuesday that his agency is looking for “creative ways” to give public school students access to more meals, including a way to provide them breakfast, lunch and dinner year round.

“We have focused on efforts to try to figure out ways in which we can expand in those time periods when youngsters may not have access to school meals,” Vilsack said in remarks at the liberal Center for American Progress in Washington, D.C. That includes giving students access to meals “across the school day, across the school year and across the calendar year,” he said.

“We’ve looked for creative ways to potentially here in the D.C. area and the state of Virginia an opportunity to take a look at what would happen if all three meals were available for young people,” Vilsack said.

Vilsack spoke ahead of the Sept. 30 expiration date for federally funding the Healthy, Hungry-Free Kids Act of 2010, which pays for USDA’s school meal and child nutrition programs —including the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (WIC), the National School Lunch Program, the School Breakfast Program, and the Child and Adult Care Food Program.

r92213shame.jpg

aynrandversusjesus.jpg

Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack said on Tuesday that his agency is looking for “creative ways” to give public school students access to more meals, including a way to provide them breakfast, lunch and dinner year round.

I've got a "creative way", it's a novel idea completely foreign to liberals and Dimocrats.
It's called the "Have Meals at Home Plan". It's called "P-A-R-E-N-T-I-N-G" !!

Interesting concept, isn't it ?

The OP distorts (like that "Christian" source) what the AG Scty said. Shocking

“We have focused on efforts to try to figure out ways in which we can expand in those time periods when youngsters may not have access to school meals,” Vilsack said in remarks at the liberal Center for American Progress in Washington, D.C. That includes giving students access to meals “across the school day, across the school year and across the calendar year,” he said.

“We’ve looked for creative ways to potentially here in the D.C. area and the state of Virginia an opportunity to take a look at what would happen if all three meals were available for young people,” Vilsack said.

Vilsack spoke ahead of the Sept. 30 expiration date for federally funding the Healthy, Hungry-Free Kids Act of 2010, which pays for USDA’s school meal and child nutrition programs —including the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (WIC), the National School Lunch Program, the School Breakfast Program, and the Child and Adult Care Food Program.

r92213shame.jpg

aynrandversusjesus.jpg

I've got a "creative way", it's a novel idea completely foreign to liberals and Dimocrats.
It's called the "Have Meals at Home Plan". It's called "P-A-R-E-N-T-I-N-G" !!

Interesting concept, isn't it ?

1 out of 7 kids live in poverty, about 20 million are "food insecure". Yeah, lets stick to "parenting" as the right wing has gutted jobs in the US, gutted incomes for the bottom 90% (gutted by almost $5,000 PER family the share the bottom 50% had in 1980) and gut SNAP for the most vulnerable *shaking head*

a2a422874b514537c424bb00b19a3eb8.jpg

Forum List

Back