Dems hate voter suppression but want to deprive entire states of their right to vote via the compact

The compact does absolutely nothing to suppress a states vote. What an asinine assertion.

Since when?
Because the state's voters directly, or through the state legislators they elect, determine how their state's EV's are allocated. So, assuming a state votes popularly for a candidate who doesn't win the national popular vote, the citizens of that state are free to change the way it's EVs are counted in future elections. Other states cannot have any power over how the voters of any state decide to count it's votes.

What is really interesting, Our Constitution forbids the giving away of votes to another state. They must abide by the voters wishes of the state in which they reside.

Where are these rules or restrictions on the states legislators power to choose their EC electors found in the Constitution?

More bizarro world shit from Democrats.
“Republicans are assholes for suppressing black voters...but we think it’s okay to suppress an entire state”
National Popular Vote Interstate Compact - Wikipedia
Imagine if Trump wins the popular vote. That would mean California would have to give all their electoral votes to him.

Wouldn't that be hilarious? :lol:

Bragging rights to the first EC Sweep in history.

The wailing would be heard on the moon if that were to happen.

What is really interesting, Our Constitution forbids the giving away of votes to another state. They must abide by the voters wishes of the state in which they reside.

Where are these rules or restrictions on the states legislators power to choose their EC electors found in the Constitution?
The funny thing is that if the right has its way and declares the compact cannot be activated then they actually are suppressing the states powers over how it votes.

Rather ironic if you ask me.

What the compact would achieve is to give the winner of the popular vote more electoral votes than he or she would ordinarily have achieved.

With a much larger electoral vote, the winner could then claim he or she had a "mandate".

What the compact would achieve is to give the winner of the popular vote more electoral votes than he or she would ordinarily have achieved.

With a much larger electoral vote, the winner could then claim he or she had a "mandate".
Won't happen. Getting rid of the winner take all system would make EC votes much closer.

“Republicans are assholes for suppressing black voters...but we think it’s okay to suppress an entire state”
The GOP want the States to vote, the Dems want the people to vote. Getting rid of the winner-take-all EC seems fine to me.
So your ok with stealing the wealth from each state because you can... and deprive us of equal voice..

You will make a good little Communist slave...

The compact does absolutely nothing to suppress a states vote. What an asinine assertion.

Since when?
Because the state's voters directly, or through the state legislators they elect, determine how their state's EV's are allocated. So, assuming a state votes popularly for a candidate who doesn't win the national popular vote, the citizens of that state are free to change the way it's EVs are counted in future elections. Other states cannot have any power over how the voters of any state decide to count it's votes.
I dont think SCOTUS will see it that way...

So if The Democrat Candidate wins your state but Trump wins The Popular Vote, you are ok with robbing your state of it's electoral votes and giving it to the loser of your state's presidential election?

Talk about Voter Disenfranchisement?

Geez!

Its only voter suppression when its DEMOCRATS and their agenda people dont vote for and they know best how they should vote by giving the votes to LA and NY...

Exactly...we know how they work...it’s just so odd that they can’t see their twisted bullshit.

Oh I think they can see it, they just dont want to admit how completely stupid and senseless they are.

Since when?
A politician would have to campaign very differently if the presidency was determined by popular vote. Presidential candidates would completely ignore the rural states.

So this compact violates the intention of the electoral college, and I therefore do not believe the Supreme Court would abide it.

This is an attempt to circumvent the EC without a constitutional amendment.

Since when?
A politician would have to campaign very differently if the presidency was determined by popular vote. Presidential candidates would completely ignore the rural states.

So this compact violates the intention of the electoral college, and I therefore do not believe the Supreme Court would abide it.

This is an attempt to circumvent the EC without a constitutional amendment.
In a way that is true but the constitution does not provide any guidance on how the EC is supposed to vote at all so I do not see how the SCOTUS would overturn the compact.

Running the local election is left entirely up to the states themselves and it would be constitutional for the state to not have a direct vote at all. I don't see how this would be unconstitutional.

The GOP want the States to vote, the Dems want the people to vote. Getting rid of the winner-take-all EC seems fine to me.
So your ok with stealing the wealth from each state because you can... and deprive us of equal voice..

You will make a good little Communist slave...
I would say Communists don't like democracy, they prefer to keep power within a small group of elites to people don't get to choose their government. It is you stealing the votes of your minority voters (party not race). I prefer a one-man one-vote system which gives everyone an equal voice.

Lack of Voter ID laws is Voter Suppression via Voting Fraud.
Only an idiot who actually bleevs Voter ID stops voter fraud would say something that stupid.
So I can just go to your bank and say, I am you and take out the 50 cents you have in your piggy bank?

Lack of Voter ID laws is Voter Suppression via Voting Fraud.
What voter fraud? Voter ID is a solution in search of a problem. Ask the task force that Trump put together after the election and then quietly dissolved when they found nothing.

It is not suppressing the entire state, some of the state will have voted for the winner of the popular vote.

I would say that our current system of winner take all for EC votes does just as much to suppress votes. Think about it, in your state your vote and that of 4.4 million other people did not count at all towards your states EV votes.
58994603_10155823303167581_2739722121579069440_n.png

Forum List

Back