Dems have a plan to punish the Repubs for blocking USSC nominee hearings

Dems Plan To Make Republicans Pay For Blockading The Supreme Court

The GOP is playing a very dangerous game of Judicial Chicken. Better have you seatbelt on Mister McConnell. Oh, and strap down your three chins....THIS IS WAR!

If you weren't so liberal, or blind, you would know that Senator Obama tried to filibuster Bush's Supreme Court nominee. Samuel Alito.

Karma's a bitch. If you don't like it when it's done to you, don't set the precedent.

White House: Obama 'regrets' decision to filibuster Supreme Court Justice Alito | Fox News

Voters will punish the GOP if they do not hold hearings on an Obama appointment. The GOP has tow HUGE problems. They either hold hearings on O's nomination or voters kill them in November and....well...

DONALD TRUMP

is the other problem. He is determined to win the GOP nod and when the Repub brass take that away from him, HE WILL run third party. The GOP loses and then, even to the disdain of many of us moderates, we get an Ultra-Liberal Justice in 2017...and the Senate.

NO LOOKING GOOD FOR MITCH AND THE GOP.​

The GOP is playing a very dangerous game of Judicial Chicken. Better have you seatbelt on Mister McConnell. Oh, and strap down your three chins....THIS IS WAR!

If you weren't so liberal, or blind, you would know that Senator Obama tried to filibuster Bush's Supreme Court nominee. Samuel Alito.

Karma's a bitch. If you don't like it when it's done to you, don't set the precedent.

White House: Obama 'regrets' decision to filibuster Supreme Court Justice Alito | Fox News

Whiners, where does Alito sit now?

Republicans have constructed and run at full capacity the new company Red Herrings Inc. "Need to lie to people but also need to make it look like you aren't? Come to Red Herrings Inc, we'll construct a lie so beautiful your mother would love its face."

Republicans have constructed and run at full capacity the new company Red Herrings Inc. "Need to lie to people but also need to make it look like you aren't? Come to Red Herrings Inc, we'll construct a lie so beautiful your mother would love its face."

No, we're just demonstrating how hypocritical Democrats are being.

If you don't like what Republicans are doing to Obama's potential appointment/nominee, then Obama shouldn't have set the precedent all those years ago.

Voters will punish the GOP if they do not hold hearings on an Obama appointment. The GOP has tow HUGE problems. They either hold hearings on O's nomination or voters kill them in November and....well...

DONALD TRUMP

is the other problem. He is determined to win the GOP nod and when the Repub brass take that away from him, HE WILL run third party. The GOP loses and then, even to the disdain of many of us moderates, we get an Ultra-Liberal Justice in 2017...and the Senate.

And what are you going to say if Nanny Bloomberg gets into the race as an Independent?

If you don't like what Republicans are doing to Obama's potential appointment/nominee, then Obama shouldn't have set the precedent all those years ago.

So from today going forward each party in the Senate should stop the government from functioning until they get what they want.

This is how 8 year olds act. That is who you are and that is what the Republican party has become. The Tea Party has turned you all into a bunch of children that only know how to throw tantrums and cry for you bottle.

DONALD TRUMP

And what are you going to say if Nanny Bloomberg gets into the race as an Independent?

He wont

So from today going forward each party in the Senate should stop the government from functioning until they get what they want.

This is how 8 year olds act. That is who you are and that is what the Republican party has become. The Tea Party has turned you all into a bunch of children that only know how to throw tantrums and cry for you bottle.

The government will operate just fine. It's not imperative that we have 9 justices instead of 8.

The Tea Party has turned you all into a bunch of children that only know how to throw tantrums and cry for you bottle.

I don't belong to the Tea Party, nor do I want anything to do with the Tea Party.

The only child I see here is you, throwing a tantrum because the Republicans won't do what you want them to.

Like I keep saying, the Democrats engaged in this behavior first. So why is it suddenly bad for Republicans to do it?

Now, sit down with that sippy cup of yours and wait on your Cheerios like the whiny-baby 8 year old that you are.

Last edited:
This is how 8 year olds act. That is who you are and that is what the Republican party has become.

Too bad the Democrats did it first.

You are a liar. A lying relativist. The Democrats vetted a few candidates, denied one or two, then voted and approved someone.

You losers want to change the Constitution so that your political party can not just delay or verbally berate a candidate. You want to burn the Constituiton and say 'we will never approve of someone we don't want.

8 year old children. Its been sad watching Republicans get more and more desperate as the society moves on without you, but you have gotten to the point where you have given up on this democracy.

Republicans are free to interview, very vigorously and with the hatred they espaouse, a few candidates just as the Democrats have done in the past. The moment they said 'we are not going to approve anyone this president nominates' is the moment they burned the Constitution and stated 'we do not recognize a president's power to appoint a Supreme Court justice, we reject the Constitution and will now do whatever we want'.

You aren't Americans anymore. You aren't. You've given up on this country because elections and the consequences of those elections are unacceptable to you so you will be ignoring elections and the Constitution and making your own rules.

And you think there won't be mountainous blowback for that?

Buckle up.

The government will operate just fine. It's not imperative that we have 9 justices instead of 8.

So you dont' have a problem if the Democrats never approve of a single candidate nominated by any future Republican president.

You do understand that this entails the end of this democracy don't you. Once a single political party decides they do not have to follow the Constitution, which for the Senate means vetting and APPROVING some new judge, then the democracy has been compromised.

This is in fact the very reason for the Constitution, to force all parties to carry out their function whether they like it or not.

We have arrived at a moment when conservatives now understand their worldview is at the tipping point of being relegated to minority status, and you don't like it. Understandable. But that's how it works. Your viewpoint is slowly being outweighed by numbers of voters who want something else. In a democracy that's how it goes.

Stop whining like children and live with reality.

You are a liar. A lying relativist. The Democrats vetted a few candidates, denied one or two, then voted and approved someone.

Because they knew they had no chance to stop it. They tried and failed.

You losers want to change the Constitution so that your political party can not just delay or verbally berate a candidate.

Actually, under the "advice and consent" clause, what the Senate is doing is well within their constitutional rights. They don't have to advise or consent. Nobody has or wants to change anything.

You want to burn the Constitution and say 'we will never approve of someone we don't want.

I hate repeating myself.

Don't set the precedent. If you don't want to be punched second, don't punch first.

You aren't Americans anymore. You aren't. You've given up on this country because elections and the consequences of those elections are unacceptable to you so you will be ignoring elections and the Constitution and making your own rules.

Don't you dare preach to me. Spare me your pharisaical attitude.

Never ever question the devotion I have to my country. I have never been so angered by someone questioning my patriotism. My dad put his life on the line for this country, even for ingrates like you, and that taught me a respect for America that you will NEVER understand. I will never give up on my country so long as I draw breath on this mortal plane. Do you understand me? Do you?

I am an American, and don't you forget it.

Last edited:
This is in fact the very reason for the Constitution, to force all parties to carry out their function whether they like it or not.

It is an assurance to the people that the government will treat them fairly (in the most idyllic circumstance) even down to the parliamentary procedures that govern our legislature and the nomination process. You have zero clue how the constitution functions.

8 year old children. Its been sad watching Republicans get more and more desperate as the society moves on without you, but you have gotten to the point where you have given up on this democracy.

It's sad when you stoop to attempting to define who and what isn't American according to your political beliefs. That isn't up to you. You're as desperate as to engage in this kind of behavior, hoping to demean me into feeling guilt for something I needn't feel guilty for.

The moment they said 'we are not going to approve anyone this president nominates' is the moment they burned the Constitution and stated 'we do not recognize a president's power to appoint a Supreme Court justice, we reject the Constitution and will now do whatever we want'.

That is willful lie.

Like I said before, the Senate has a right to do it whether you like it or not. The Constitution allows it.

You do understand that this entails the end of this democracy don't you.

No it doesn't. What gave you that notion?

Once a single political party decides they do not have to follow the Constitution, which for the Senate means vetting and APPROVING some new judge, then the democracy has been compromised.

It's amazing how conservative your arguments get when it's your nominee the line. Move along, Braveheart.

Braveheart-quotes-1.gif

We have arrived at a moment when conservatives now understand their worldview is at the tipping point of being relegated to minority status, and you don't like it.

No, such an ideology makes you quiver in fear. And so, you have to make self assuring statements like that to assuage it. You're scared and you know it.

But that's how it works. Your viewpoint is slowly being outweighed by numbers of voters who want something else. In a democracy that's how it goes.

The 2014 elections demonstrated what happens when a viewpoint is outweighed by the sheer force of votership. Democrats hardly showed up. They lost hope and stayed home. So, in reality, you brought this existing situation on yourselves.

Last edited:

So you dont' have a problem if the Democrats never approve of a single candidate nominated by any future Republican president.

You do understand that this entails the end of this democracy don't you. Once a single political party decides they do not have to follow the Constitution, which for the Senate means vetting and APPROVING some new judge, then the democracy has been compromised.

We have arrived at a moment when conservatives now understand their worldview is at the tipping point of being relegated to minority status, and you don't like it. Understandable. But that's how it works. Your viewpoint is slowly being outweighed by numbers of voters who want something else. In a democracy that's how it goes.

Stop whining like children and live with reality.

If you really believe that, then why not wait until the next President? If you have Bernie or Hillary, they can nominate who they desire. If we decide to elect either of these two for President, then the people have spoken.

Since DumBama won his second term, people have disapproved of him. He won on lies, and we reacted by strengthening the Republican Congress and giving Republican leadership to the Senate.

And I have to ask, were you so concerned about the Constitution when DumBama went around our process multiple times? You know "I have a pen and I have a cell phone?"

If Republicans cave in, review Obama's nominee, and then reject him or her, would you be happy then? I'm willing to bet my dime to your dollar that you will not. If it happens, come on back to USMB and see how pissed off Democrats will be. You'll be complaining about the same thing.

Forum List

Back