DeNiro stripped of leadership award for anti-Trump speech

forkintheroad7

Platinum Member
Apr 22, 2024

Well, good for this organization for punishing this kind of bad behavior.

And notice in the article how the obviously erudite and articulate DeNiro :rolleyes: doesn't even mention (not here and not anywhere else that I know of) WHICH policies of president Trump are so awful (as to "cause" such a rant)... just goes on in this irrational-sounding way against Trump, knowing his prestige as an actor will influence at least some un-informed folks out there..

Well, good for this organization for punishing this kind of bad behavior.

And notice in the article how the obviously erudite and articulate DeNiro :rolleyes: doesn't even mention (not here and not anywhere else that I know of) WHICH policies of president Trump are so awful (as to "cause" such a rant)... just goes on in this irrational-sounding way against Trump, knowing his prestige as an actor will influence at least some un-informed folks out there..
DeNiro called Trump a CLOWN, which he is. A deranged one.

DeNiro will now be remembered as a rabid political hack and not as the great actor he was. What an idiot.
yeh, again, he didn't even bother to mention.. ANYWHERE that I know of

WHY Trump was a "clown" or whatever other sophomorish word he used.. It seems actors never grow up

that's bc they are liberals

It's like "I say he's a clown, so hey, everyone, I know you will agree with me!"

dumb

DeNiro will now be remembered as a rabid political hack and not as the great actor he was. What an idiot.

I guess I never understood why celebrities go political. I would figure the movie studios would be against it. Sure, you have freedom of speech…but as a movie studio, you want everyone’s money. By alienating half of your movie goer base…aren’t you cutting into the profits of the studio?

I’m sure there are those who don’t care, I certainly don’t, but there are probably many who do.

It could affect a movies bottom line, no?

I guess I never understood why celebrities go political. I would figure the movie studios would be against it. Sure, you have freedom of speech…but as a movie studio, you want everyone’s money. By alienating half of your movie goer base…aren’t you cutting into the profits of the studio?

I’m sure there are those who don’t care, I certainly don’t, but there are probably many who do.

Not in this climate it won't.

Unless it's a republican.

yeh, again, he didn't even bother to mention.. ANYWHERE that I know of

WHY Trump was a "clown" or whatever other sophomorish word he used.. It seems actors never grow up

that's bc they are liberals

It's like "I say he's a clown, so hey, everyone, I know you will agree with me!"

dumb

You will notice it is washed up actors like DeNiro and Sarandon who go full retard against Trump. They won't affect a movie's bottom line because no studio wants them. I think they are starved for the attention they used to get.

1717277817895.png

I guess radical ideology causes a person to be so crazed he doesn't think about ... of all things: money!

Most actors are hacks, they think because they can pretend to be someone, that gives their opinions validity. I like DeNiro as an actor, I like a lot of performers as performers while despising their political or social views. I can separate the two.

The studios don't run things anymore. When they did, they controlled the talent with iron fists. All films now are made by private production companies, many of which only exist to make one film. There are exceptions like Bad Rabbit and the really big ones.

Most actors are hacks, they think because they can pretend to be someone, that gives their opinions validity. I like DeNiro as an actor, I like a lot of performers as performers while despising their political or social views. I can separate the two.

Hey Biden has been pretending to be a president for three and a half years now.

You will notice it is washed up actors like DeNiro and Sarandon who go full retard against Trump. They won't affect a movie's bottom line because no studio wants them. I think they are starved for the attention they used to get.
True. You’ll see many people come out against Trump, but it’s the older ones that seem to come out like De Niro did.

Forum List

Back