🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Deputy accidentally shoots mom during wedding

I like a double action revolver for a carry gun. Rugers have a transfer bar safety that prevents the gun from firing unless the trigger is pulled, and the double action trigger requires a very deliberate act.

Can't imagine any department lets you carry single-actions any more. :) All duty revolvers therefore are going to be either DA or DAO.

I wasn't specifically talking about duty guns. I doubt the man in the OP was on duty.

Article specifically states it was his personal weapon.

Do you think getting into a car accident is "indefensible"? No, accidents happen as long as human have existed.

Luddy just hates guns outside of oppressive government use.

Apparently, ladies like the Sig-Sauer because they're small and fit in their hands better. A Secret Service lady told me that.

I prefer the Glock because it's easy to use and big and dumb. Like me!

I point of FACT, its the RW who want Big Government and the more oppressive the better. Believe it or not, the rabid right even wants to control you marry and whether or not you have a baby. It doesn't get more oppressive and invasive than that.

That whole 'gun grabber' lien is getting tiresome. I have even posted photos of my own guns. I just happen to be in favor of safety, especially for children and other innocents.

I have never dropped my Glock. I have never accidentally fired any of my guns.

I like a double action revolver for a carry gun. Rugers have a transfer bar safety that prevents the gun from firing unless the trigger is pulled, and the double action trigger requires a very deliberate act.

Can't imagine any department lets you carry single-actions any more. :) All duty revolvers therefore are going to be either DA or DAO.

I wasn't specifically talking about duty guns. I doubt the man in the OP was on duty.

My mistake, misread 'carry gun' as 'duty gun.' :)

Is the thing about police officers technically being on-duty around the clock but presumedly no he wasn't.

Also worth asking if the church had a posted no weapons policy. Concealed carry even for an off-duty officer isn't necessarily absolute and prohibited in posted no-carry zones frequently seen in churches and such.

Do you think getting into a car accident is "indefensible"? No, accidents happen as long as human have existed.

Apparently, ladies like the Sig-Sauer because they're small and fit in their hands better. A Secret Service lady told me that.

I point of FACT, its the RW who want Big Government and the more oppressive the better. Believe it or not, the rabid right even wants to control you marry and whether or not you have a baby. It doesn't get more oppressive and invasive than that.

That whole 'gun grabber' lien is getting tiresome. I have even posted photos of my own guns. I just happen to be in favor of safety, especially for children and other innocents.

I think the whole 'accidentally discharged' line in media is an anti-gun slam used to make guns seem like random things that magically go off by themselves.

I ran across this the other day. They are not the party of small government anymore:
Wisconsin GOP Advances Bills Controlling How People On Welfare Eat And Pee

I think the whole 'accidentally discharged' line in media is an anti-gun slam used to make guns seem like random things that magically go off by themselves.

It's typically the gun owners negligence that makes it go off.

Yes the pull of a revolver is nothing like that of a semi-auto with a bullet in the chamber. I bet you use a holster too. You have an LCR? Was thinking of getting the .22 as a fun gun I can afford to shoot.

I have an old Ruger Security Six. And yes, if I carry I use a holster with a thumb-break strap.

If you are looking for a fun .22 to shoot, I would recommend a Ruger Single Six. A single action requires that you cock the hammer before each shot. It is safe, accurate, bomb-proof dependable, and reasonably priced.

In addition to requiring that the hammer be cocked for each shot, there is a transfer bar safety that means the gun will not fire unless the trigger is pulled.

I ran across this the other day. They are not the party of small government anymore:
Wisconsin GOP Advances Bills Controlling How People On Welfare Eat And Pee

The nutters here were in favor of the law the Rs passed that lets employers in DC fire you if they don't like your birth control. For those who missed it, I probably posted it in the Congress forum.

Obviously, Obama will veto it but what if one of the Big Government Clowns get elected?

Its just incredible that the right wants in everyone's pants and the damn rabid RWs think that's just nifty. Next, they'll want video cameras in our bedrooms.

Have a nice day y'all. I'm traveling for much of the day.

It's typically the gun owners negligence that makes it go off.

Negligence when they drop them, leave them in bathrooms as well.

WTH is it with these dunderheads?

What the hell kind of holsters are these idiots using?? One of the basic rules of gun ownership is to make sure your weapon is secure. It can just fall out?? WTH? Most people have better holsters for their cell phones.

I fear many aren't using holsters. Recently a guy in FL reached in his pocket for something and fired his gun. Shot him self and debris from the floor wounded 4 others including 2 small children. I'm guessing he had the gun in his pock with one in the chamber and no holster. Accidently pulled on his trigger and quickly injured 5 people including himself. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think there are any laws regarding needing a holster or other things that would be safe.

No, there is no law requiring a holster. For example one popular product is a concealed carry purse for women. Dumbest idea I've ever seen. You know how many times a woman reaches into her purse on a daily basis.

At minimum there should be a holster so you can't accidentally pull the trigger. I personally think a manual safety should also be mandatory.

I personally believe handguns should be designed so that it impossible to keep a round in the chamber. Since so many gun carrying idiots think that is necessary. No round in the chamber , you can squeeze the trigger all you want , and it's not going to fire.

I'm not sure if that can be designed, but I would say it should be illegal to have one round in the chamber. You are pretty paranoid and scared if you not only need to carry a gun, but you also need a round in the chamber.
You never heard of a revolver have you?

I fear many aren't using holsters. Recently a guy in FL reached in his pocket for something and fired his gun. Shot him self and debris from the floor wounded 4 others including 2 small children. I'm guessing he had the gun in his pock with one in the chamber and no holster. Accidently pulled on his trigger and quickly injured 5 people including himself. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think there are any laws regarding needing a holster or other things that would be safe.

No, there is no law requiring a holster. For example one popular product is a concealed carry purse for women. Dumbest idea I've ever seen. You know how many times a woman reaches into her purse on a daily basis.

At minimum there should be a holster so you can't accidentally pull the trigger. I personally think a manual safety should also be mandatory.

I personally believe handguns should be designed so that it impossible to keep a round in the chamber. Since so many gun carrying idiots think that is necessary. No round in the chamber , you can squeeze the trigger all you want , and it's not going to fire.

I'm not sure if that can be designed, but I would say it should be illegal to have one round in the chamber. You are pretty paranoid and scared if you not only need to carry a gun, but you also need a round in the chamber.

No , no. I'm talking about a semi automatic that it is entirely impossible to keep a round in the chamber. May not be feasible, I'm not a gun designer.

Wrong. Luddly believes only criminals should have guns.

Wrong. Luddly believes only criminals should have guns.

Yes, well, based on many of her stupid posts, I would have to agree with that.

Meh...when idiots shoot each other...I truly appreciate it. Too bad no one died...something tells me it would have been one less teaper in the world.

Yes I own several. If it is loaded there is essentially always a round in the chamber.

That reminds me. I need to pack my gun tomorrow for church services. Some Muslim might try to set fire to the cross. Besides, Zimmerman could show up, and I don't want to miss out on the fun.

Forum List

Back