DeSantis blames lack of media coverage for resurge of COVID cases

From what I've been reading most of the Covid cases, aren't Covid at all.
That’s interesting... what’s causing the hospitals and morgues to overcrowd in Florida and Texas?
We've got a bit of a scandal rearing it's ugly head down here in Florida about testing and testing results, Slade! A testing center reporting positive tests of 9.84% was counted in the State totals as 98.4%. Several other testing sites showed 100% positive tests...a statistically improbable result! Our local hospital is so empty that 3 floors remain closed. I know the main stream media WANTS the rest of the world to think that Florida is overwhelmed by Covid 19 but the truth is far from that! They have managed to scare the shit out of people again...something that will result in thousands more businesses probably not making it through this pandemic! But that's what you liberals have wanted since this started...isn't it, Slade?

Yup and they have only had 4,520 deaths here in Florida which is my home state.

I doubt the morgues are overflowing.
Freezer trucks are reported to be going to Texas and Arizona morgues... icu with no beds left in Miami and other hospitals getting close to capacity in Florida. 600 nurses being sent in.

:auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

Yet you don't post the evidence and link for it.

You talk a lot, but don't back it up when challenged.

You have a gun at your head, preventing you from posting the evidence?
I posted links to reports showing ICU bed shortages in Florida and Freezer trucks being sent to morgues in Texas and Arizona. Proof I wasn’t lying. You may apologize now

Kinda funny they would need freezer trucks for 3,582 dead in Texas. I'd say the press if full of shit.

https://www.google.com/search?q=how+many+dead+in+texas+from+covid&rlz=1C1GCEU_enUS820US820&oq=how+many+dead+in+Texas+from&aqs=chrome.0.0l3j69i57j0l2.6911j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

" The rate of deaths in Texas has been accelerating. On Friday, the state surpassed 3,000 deaths 24 days after 2,000 deaths were reported. It took 53 days to get from the first death to 1,000 deaths and 39 days to get from 1,000 to 2,000 deaths. "

Texas Tribune

===

The TOTAL after 2 months is just 3,625 deaths from China Virus, meanwhile they don't tell us about TOTAL deaths in the very big populous state from ALL causes in the same time frame.

Yet the morgue is that easily overflowing?

:laugh:
then there's this:

TX Leading Causes of Death, 2017DeathsRate***State Rank*U.S. Rate**
1. Heart Disease45,346169.218th165.0
2. Cancer40,668146.537th152.5
3. Stroke10,79041.313th37.6
4. Accidents10,76338.845th49.4
5. Chronic Lower Respiratory Disease10,65040.531st40.9
6. Alzheimer’s disease9,54538.512th31.0
7. Diabetes5,83221.226th21.5
8. Septicemia4,26815.87th10.6
9. Kidney Disease4,25616.014th13.0
10. Chronic Liver Disease/Cirrhosis4,10713.910th10.9

so we had what, 145k deaths in texas in 2017 and didn't need refrigerated trucks but 3k is killing us now which would be just 2% of that total in 2017.

Ask the fool which number is bigger

145K or 3,645 after 2 plus months....., and were the morgue overflowing that year?

:cool:
Well let’s take a look at that. The number one cause of death in Texas in 2017 was heart disease with 45k deaths. That comes out to about 3800 deaths a month. COVID at 3600 deaths in 2 months would come in 3rd in that chart. Those are additional deaths so I’d say that adds a pretty good chunk to the care capacity that they are used to and have budgeted resources around. Wouldn’t you?

of course there is also the obvious question. Who do you think is lying about the freezer trucks if the morgues are not really being threatened?
are these trucks actually being used or needed RIGHT NOW or is this another ANTICI....

PATION move?

That’s interesting... what’s causing the hospitals and morgues to overcrowd in Florida and Texas?
We've got a bit of a scandal rearing it's ugly head down here in Florida about testing and testing results, Slade! A testing center reporting positive tests of 9.84% was counted in the State totals as 98.4%. Several other testing sites showed 100% positive tests...a statistically improbable result! Our local hospital is so empty that 3 floors remain closed. I know the main stream media WANTS the rest of the world to think that Florida is overwhelmed by Covid 19 but the truth is far from that! They have managed to scare the shit out of people again...something that will result in thousands more businesses probably not making it through this pandemic! But that's what you liberals have wanted since this started...isn't it, Slade?

Freezer trucks are reported to be going to Texas and Arizona morgues... icu with no beds left in Miami and other hospitals getting close to capacity in Florida. 600 nurses being sent in.

I posted links to reports showing ICU bed shortages in Florida and Freezer trucks being sent to morgues in Texas and Arizona. Proof I wasn’t lying. You may apologize now

Kinda funny they would need freezer trucks for 3,582 dead in Texas. I'd say the press if full of shit.

https://www.google.com/search?q=how+many+dead+in+texas+from+covid&rlz=1C1GCEU_enUS820US820&oq=how+many+dead+in+Texas+from&aqs=chrome.0.0l3j69i57j0l2.6911j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

" The rate of deaths in Texas has been accelerating. On Friday, the state surpassed 3,000 deaths 24 days after 2,000 deaths were reported. It took 53 days to get from the first death to 1,000 deaths and 39 days to get from 1,000 to 2,000 deaths. "

Texas Tribune

===

The TOTAL after 2 months is just 3,625 deaths from China Virus, meanwhile they don't tell us about TOTAL deaths in the very big populous state from ALL causes in the same time frame.

then there's this:

so we had what, 145k deaths in texas in 2017 and didn't need refrigerated trucks but 3k is killing us now which would be just 2% of that total in 2017.

145K or 3,645 after 2 plus months....., and were the morgue overflowing that year?

Well let’s take a look at that. The number one cause of death in Texas in 2017 was heart disease with 45k deaths. That comes out to about 3800 deaths a month. COVID at 3600 deaths in 2 months would come in 3rd in that chart. Those are additional deaths so I’d say that adds a pretty good chunk to the care capacity that they are used to and have budgeted resources around. Wouldn’t you?

of course there is also the obvious question. Who do you think is lying about the freezer trucks if the morgues are not really being threatened?
Where did you go Tommy? You’re still on the clock

Texas Tribune

===

then there's this:

Where did you go Tommy? You’re still on the clock
heh - coming from a guy who never once answered my questions - this is one of the funniest call outs of the year.

DeSanits is teabagger dolt. He has mishandled the virus response from the start and it has only gotten worse. But of course it all stems from the fact that DeSantis along with the only teabagger governors all listened to the Orange virus rather than the experts.

As of today, 7/16/2020

Tell us how Florida, a state with far more elderly citizens than the other states with higher fatalities per million, is faring.

2020-07-16%20States-X2.jpg

A third time:

"That’s interesting... what’s causing the hospitals and morgues to overcrowd in Florida and Texas?"

As you have seen, we have 50 hospitals in Florida near or at capacity. You should also know that we have 325 hospitals in Florida.

"Florida reported 301,810 positive cases statewide Wednesday with 19,334 people hospitalized. More than 50 hospitals have reached intensive care unit capacity and show zero beds available, according to according to data released by the Agency for Health Care Administration. Eight of those hospitals are in Miami-Dade County."

###

So where's your proof? Just fake bullshit again from a fake.

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/local/2020/07/15/high-coronavirus-positive-case-rate-reveals-flaws-in-florida-department-of-health-report/

Nothing fake about it. Do your own research dirtbag.

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/local/2020/07/15/high-coronavirus-positive-case-rate-reveals-flaws-in-florida-department-of-health-report/

LOL I just knew you were going to post that I didn't have to open it's all over FB and yesterday in a news conference DeSantis said that they only thought they had to post the positives and not the negatives and he got that all straightened out. Positives are positives no matter how you twist it just not the negative being reported. If you want to watch a his press conferences they are on everyday during the week, weekends are sporadic and they are on FB either on his page or any national news channel or local stations.

Nice to know that a dirtbag like you is so smart. Not. Many cases aren't Covid at all and read the other posts. Florida hasn't had many deaths at all.

Of course your so smart you wouldn't recognize that.

Not many deaths but those there are a hell of lot of Covid you old bag.

They have had 4,520 deaths in my home state so I doubt the morgues are overflowing.
https://www.sun-sentinel.com/coronavirus/fl-ne-coronavirus-icu-bed-reporting-rules-change-20200623-dmf4p5nf3few5mvjvh53vixewm-story.html
A good take on all those in the hospitals and ICU

I tend to believe the "press" is overstating much of whats going on in Florida and probably Texas as well.

Then I guess our very much republican DOH is in on the conspiracy. Go farther than the front page you might learn something.

That's got nothing to do with the hospitals being overcrowded.

Try again.

Un

LOL I just knew you were going to post that I didn't have to open it's all over FB and yesterday in a news conference DeSantis said that they only thought they had to post the positives and not the negatives and he got that all straightened out. Positives are positives no matter how you twist it just not the negative being reported. If you want to watch a his press conferences they are on everyday during the week, weekends are sporadic and they are on FB either on his page or any national news channel or local stations.

Nice to know that a dirtbag like you is so smart. Not. Many cases aren't Covid at all and read the other posts. Florida hasn't had many deaths at all.

Unfortunately the deaths will follow.

A third time:

"That’s interesting... what’s causing the hospitals and morgues to overcrowd in Florida and Texas?"

As you have seen, we have 50 hospitals in Florida near or at capacity. You should also know that we have 325 hospitals in Florida.

"Florida reported 301,810 positive cases statewide Wednesday with 19,334 people hospitalized. More than 50 hospitals have reached intensive care unit capacity and show zero beds available, according to according to data released by the Agency for Health Care Administration. Eight of those hospitals are in Miami-Dade County."

###

Here's a list of present time ICU beds available in Florida.

Un

Unfortunately the deaths will follow.

Yep, deaths can be weeks.

Notice how all the DeSantis defenders have gone dark? They do their ignorant responses but then when pressed they come up with nothing and bail. Pathetic

I heard this report and almost fell out of my chair. DeSantis who went all in on Trumps ignore, avoid and reopen strategy is now blaming the media for not covering the virus... I thought it was a joke... Nope, he is really trying to use that narrative. What’s wrong with these people and how are they being elected?

Worst governor hands down.

I heard this report and almost fell out of my chair. DeSantis who went all in on Trumps ignore, avoid and reopen strategy is now blaming the media for not covering the virus... I thought it was a joke... Nope, he is really trying to use that narrative. What’s wrong with these people and how are they being elected?

Like Trump, DeSantis is an incompetent coward who tries to blame others for his own failures.

You guys are stuck on Cuomo. He had the bad luck to become ground zero very early in the epidemic before we knew much about the virus. Time has moved on, we have more knowledge in both treatment and prevention. What is DeSantis’ excuse other than pathological Trumpism?

There was no "LUCK" involved in the decisions made by Gov. Cuomo and Mayor de Blasio.

Mayor Resisted Drastic Steps on Virus. Then Came a Backlash From His Aides.
Mayor Bill de Blasio acknowledged that he had to be persuaded to close schools and restaurants.
Published March 16, 2020Updated June 17, 2020

For most of last week, as Mayor Bill de Blasio continued to urge New Yorkers to mostly go about their daily lives — sending their children to school, frequenting the city’s businesses — some of his top aides were furiously trying to change the mayor’s approach to the coronavirus outbreak.

There had been arguments and shouting matches between the mayor and some of his advisers; some top health officials had even threatened to resign if he refused to accept the need to close schools and businesses, according to several people familiar with the internal discussions.

Teachers were threatening not to show up to school on Monday. A growing number of public health experts and politicians were calling for much of the city to be shut down to curb the spread of the virus.

Mayor Resisted Drastic Steps on Virus. Then Came a Backlash From His Aides.

###

Gov. Cuomo can’t dodge accountability for nursing home deaths forever
By Steve Scalise
June 24, 2020 | 2:30pm | Updated
[...]
The novel-coronavirus death toll in New York’s nursing homes is tragic. More than 6,000 American seniors died of COVID-19 in nursing homes and long-term-care facilities across the Empire State, yet grieving families have no answers for how this happened or who is responsible.
[...]

###

That’s not what I want at all... what a horrible thing to say. I’m not in Florida so I can only go off what I read and see. The current reaction of DeSantis is telling me something contrary of what you’re saying. If there wasn’t a problem happening right now then he would be holding to the same blubber he has been spouting in the past. But he isn’t. He is saying there is a problem and a resurgence and it’s because people have become complacent. Why would he be saying that now? Can you explain?
There has been a resurgence! It's something you could see coming a mile off if you gave this some thought! We told healthy young people that they needed to self quarantine to stop the spread of the virus and then shut down virtually all of their favorite places to socialize! After months went by we then told them it was now OK to come out of that self quarantine! So what did they do? They congregated!!! It's what young, healthy people do! So we then saw a spike in positive cases. Deaths continue to decline because the people getting infected now are primarily young and healthy but the main stream media is calling for more shut downs because of the higher number of cases!
As I've said all along...this pandemic SHOULD have been handled as Sweden did...not like New York State did!

That’s not what I want at all... what a horrible thing to say. I’m not in Florida so I can only go off what I read and see. The current reaction of DeSantis is telling me something contrary of what you’re saying. If there wasn’t a problem happening right now then he would be holding to the same blubber he has been spouting in the past. But he isn’t. He is saying there is a problem and a resurgence and it’s because people have become complacent. Why would he be saying that now? Can you explain?

I'm curious, Slade...which Governor do you think has handled this pandemic better...DeSantis of Florida or Cuomo of New York?

Florida has a larger population of older people than almost anywhere else on the planet! You would have thought that the State would have been devastated by Covid 19 deaths...yet when you look at the numbers...it's not even CLOSE to what New York has had! Can you explain that?

Notice how all the DeSantis defenders have gone dark? They do their ignorant responses but then when pressed they come up with nothing and bail. Pathetic
notice how you are strict left vs right?

pathetic.

Forum List

Back