DeSantis Supports Florida's New School Curriculum That Calls Slavery a 'Benefit' for Black Americans

There is no excuse or justification for slavery under any scenario.

Lol, any excuse will do.
Just a personal pet peeve. When you chop up a post like that it makes it destroys context and very often the point of the argument. I'm not picking on you. I don't engage with anybody who posts like that.

Just a personal pet peeve. When you chop up a post like that it makes it destroys context and very often the point of the argument. I'm not picking on you. I don't engage with anybody who posts like that.
Dueces, sounds weak too me.

Over the past couple of years, Florida, led by Republican Governor Ron DeSantis, has passed several controversial pieces of legislation.

The most recent was approved on May 29, 2024, which states that Florida's public schools will now teach a curriculum that claims Black Americans actually benefited from slavery.

You can't make this ish up folks.

Please tell me some of the benefits black rec'd from slavery.
Actually you can make it up if you are skilled at twisting facts. MSN does it all the time.

The truth doesn’t care about your feelings.

To you, maybe. To me, it came across as an emo, unhinged rant.

I never suggested otherwise. However, history teaches us that more technologically evolved societies often dominate lesser ones. Do you deny history?
Of course not----I do not measure the value of a human being based
on the past history of his ethnic group's attainment of technology.
To me even the descendants of lowly barbaric Vikings are = to me

Of course not----I do not measure the value of a human being based
on the past history of his ethnic group's attainment of technology.
Neither do I.
However, I have the ability to exercise deductive reasoning to determine why some cultures dominated others throughout history. Do you?

Neither do I.
However, I have the ability to exercise deductive reasoning to determine why some cultures dominated others throughout history. Do you?
why some cultures DOMINATED historically is a valid subject of
discussion. The elaboration of custom and law to reward the
Dominators is DISGUSTING.

Over the past couple of years, Florida, led by Republican Governor Ron DeSantis, has passed several controversial pieces of legislation.

The most recent was approved on May 29, 2024, which states that Florida's public schools will now teach a curriculum that claims Black Americans actually benefited from slavery.

You can't make this ish up folks.

Please tell me some of the benefits black rec'd from slavery.
Here's what the bill (HB 7) actually says (see below). The 2024 update you are giving is referring to politicians continuing to try to undo HB 7 and continually being shot down. It's typical for liberal news to twist these things. If I'm wrong, please share the exact bill number and a quote from it to show me, because I did extensive research and could only find the following thus far:

"(h) The history of African Americans, including the history of African peoples before the political conflicts that led to the development of slavery, the passage to America, the enslavement experience, abolition, and the history and contributions of African Americans of the African diaspora to society. Students shall develop an understanding of the ramifications of prejudice, racism, and stereotyping on individual freedoms, and examine what it means to be a responsible and respectful person, for the purpose of encouraging tolerance of diversity in a pluralistic society and for nurturing and protecting democratic values and institutions. Instruction shall include the roles and contributions of individuals from all walks of life and their endeavors to learn and thrive throughout history as artists, scientists, educators, businesspeople, influential thinkers, members of the faith community, and political and governmental leaders and the
courageous steps they took to fulfill the promise of democracy and unite the nation. Instructional materials shall include the vital contributions of African Americans to build and strengthen American society and celebrate the inspirational stories of African Americans who prospered, even in the most difficult circumstances. Instructional personnel may facilitate discussions and use curricula to address, in an age-appropriate manner, how the individual freedoms of persons have been infringed by slavery, racial oppression, racial segregation, and racial discrimination, as well as topics relating to the enactment and enforcement of laws resulting in racial oppression, racial segregation, and racial discrimination and how recognition of these freedoms has overturned these unjust laws. However, classroom instruction and curriculum may not be used to indoctrinate or persuade students to a particular point of view inconsistent with the principles enumerated in subsection (3)"

And subsection 3 reads as follows:

"(3) The Legislature acknowledges the fundamental truth that all persons are equal before the law and have inalienable rights. Accordingly, instruction and supporting materials on the topics enumerated in this section must be consistent with the following principles of individual freedom:
(a) No person is inherently racist, sexist, or oppressive,whether consciously or unconsciously, solely by virtue of his or her race or sex.

(b) No race is inherently superior to another race.
(c) No person should be discriminated against or receive adverse treatment solely or partly on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, disability, or sex.
(d) Meritocracy or traits such as a hard work ethic are not racist but fundamental to the right to pursue happiness and be rewarded for industry.

(e) A person, by virtue of his or her race or sex, does not bear responsibility for actions committed in the past by other members of the same race or sex.
(f) A person should not be instructed that he or she must feel guilt, anguish, or other forms of psychological distress for actions, in which he or she played no part, committed in the past by other members of the same race or sex."

Again, to me the article you shared (and others like it online) seems like the Democrats completely misrepresenting DeSantis' actions again for political purposes to play identity politics and gain the minority vote. The bill seems perfectly reasonable to me.

Last edited:
Your orange god is an expert at it and fools like you suck it up.

Well, now that you have brought up sucking up idiocy.....

Who "qualifies" as a "black" person ?
Does their skin have to be a certain shade? Do they have to have ancestors from Africa? (Elon Musk is African American)
what ratio of black vs white DNA must a person have not to be a racist white POS in your view?

To be so certain that your world would have been so much better off without white men, you don't even know what a black person is.

That said, I agree that there were too many POS racist whites. Worse than the shit that grows in sewer pipes under NYC.
But racism isn't a patent belonging to whites. And speaking of hatred, blacks in Africa (AND the USA) have killed more of their own to be factual.
Blacks never needed whites to show them how to be racist. Thinking that is the case exposes ignorance.

To have two children with masters degrees they seem to have fallen very far from the tree. Maybe they take after their mother. Do they know you?
People who are truly intelligent rise above the self inflicted handicaps of self imposed inferiority and victim-hood in modern society.
Blacks in America are doing well. The CEO of Lowes is a black man. More successful blacks in America than all other countries COMBINED.
More black millionaires in America than ALL other countries combined.
Ignoring that further exposes entrenched ignorance.
America is not all bad after all. Just think, somewhere along the line some whites must have made all those opportunities possible.

Your own hatred and ignorance will be the most crippling factor in your existence. Not whites.

As a final note....MOST black people I talk to say that the worst person they have ever encountered in their work careers who did or attempted to do the most damage to their jobs and careers was not a white person. (MOST, not all). Somehow, my opinion is that you could be such a black person.

Last edited:
I don't post in ALL CAPS--JUST DURING A HOT FLASH
So a hot flash forces you to hit the all caps button on your keyboard? That seems odd. More likely, IMHO, you’re using menopause as an excuse to be a drama queen online.

Forum List

Back