DeSantis Supports Florida's New School Curriculum That Calls Slavery a 'Benefit' for Black Americans

Over the past couple of years, Florida, led by Republican Governor Ron DeSantis, has passed several controversial pieces of legislation.

The most recent was approved on May 29, 2024, which states that Florida's public schools will now teach a curriculum that claims Black Americans actually benefited from slavery.

You can't make this ish up folks.

Please tell me some of the benefits black rec'd from slavery.
You are totally misrepresenting the facts.

Slavery, tell me how the slaves benefitted from it.
I did not suggest that the slaves benefitted from it---but be of
good cheer-----just today, a high ranking islamo-nazi asserted
that the "HOSTAGES" benefitted from their time as hostages.
Think HAPPY WORLD OF COMEDY. In the beginning, god said
LET THERE BE COMEDY

ONLY ONLINE?
You can shriek all day long, for all I care.
IMG_9692.jpeg

An old trope but a true one.
"Today's blacks are the beneficiaries of slavery in that without it they would still live in Africa."
However, many would say that it might have been better for them if their ancestors hadn't come here as slaves. Of course, to determine that one must compare the lives of those African ancestors over the same time period, up to the present.
Africa was doing the same, if not better sanitation wise, than Europe at that time. So that old trope is nothing but old white racism. There is a reason why Europeans went into Africa and its because the continent had what they didn't have in Europe.

Another aspect is how different might Africa look today had not so many of it prime age population not been taken and sold as slaves.
That was too long ago to even have an effect today, not when intertribal, intergang and religious wars have killed so many. Try the Hutu Tutsi war. One million people were killed in 100 days. Considering the consistency of murder in Africa, the ones brought here lived.

It was a benefit. The only reason the negros in this country are doing as well as they are is because their ancestors were brought over as slaves. Otherwise you'd all be living in tent huts in the middle of bum fuck Africa.
Africa had cities then. There was no benefit.

Another aspect is how different might Africa look today had not so many of it prime age population not been taken and sold as slaves.
A lot of things woud have been different of coloniation had not happeed and the resources taken from Africa to make whites rich.

I did not suggest that the slaves benefitted from it---but be of
good cheer-----just today, a high ranking islamo-nazi asserted
that the "HOSTAGES" benefitted from their time as hostages.
Think HAPPY WORLD OF COMEDY. In the beginning, god said
LET THERE BE COMEDY
WTF are you talking about?

Exactly. I've heard this argument before about how the slaves would otherwise have lived in the wilds of Africa, struggling to survive.

I put it this way to a co-worker who said pretty much the same thing: I would much rather live free and subsist on hunting and gathering than live in relative safety in bondage.

It's a stupid argument.
The struggle to survive in Africa is a very weak argument. It is an unfortunate circumstance but with eventual benefits. You wouldn't simply subsist on hunting and gathering like a simple flower child gathering marijuana buds. Even today, wars rage all over Africa. Since 2000 62,000 Nigerians have been killed by other Nigerians. The wars are between gangs, tribes and religions.

Have you seen an American black standing next to an African black? The American could snap that man like a toothpick. The descendants of slaves are HUGE. They are the crowning sports figures. Africans run fast. American black men are still reaping the benefits of the careful breeding programs of the old slavers.

Forum List

Back