Despite improved Dem showing, Texas GOP sets midterm record

Universal Healthcare is a bandage.

everything is a bandage. Our system is destined to fail because we try to treat healthcare as both a commodity and a service. Until we as a country choose one of the other we will continue to see the cost go up and up and up.
sad but true. It's why we should end insurance companies and let us pay for our doctors directly.

before we do that the government needs to remove the law forcing doctors and hospitals to treat people who cannot pay

no, the argument was that the ACA saved their lives. it didn't.

Nothing can save anyone's life as we all end up dead.
then don't hold up the ACA as some miraculous intervention. that's all. And it was the argument. Doctors save, medicine saves, insurance rakes people over the coals and takes their money. I don't need government to tell me to get a doctor and get medicine.

I hate the ACA and have said so 1000 times on this forum.

That does not change how illogical your argument was.
Since Feb. 2017? That is a lot, show us one.

Obama care penalty... GONE!!!!!!
yep, the death of the ACA right there.

everything is a bandage. Our system is destined to fail because we try to treat healthcare as both a commodity and a service. Until we as a country choose one of the other we will continue to see the cost go up and up and up.
sad but true. It's why we should end insurance companies and let us pay for our doctors directly.

before we do that the government needs to remove the law forcing doctors and hospitals to treat people who cannot pay
I have no issue with that. just take the insurance out of it.

I get a shot, it’s a service and a commodity.

Maybe you do not understand what a service is.

In this instance a service is something like police protection, fire protection, the military. These are all things that people get without paying for directly and regardless of how much you pay via taxes.

If you paid for that shot either out of pocket or via insurance then it was not a service.

Before that can be done, the government has to remove the law forcing doctors and hospitals to treat people who cannot pay. It cannot work the other way around.

In this instance a service is something like police protection, fire protection, the military. These are all things that people get without paying for directly and regardless of how much you pay via taxes.

If you paid for that shot either out of pocket or via insurance then it was not a service.
Co-pay?

Co-pay?

Then you paid directly unlike you do for police protection.

Before that can be done, the government has to remove the law forcing doctors and hospitals to treat people who cannot pay. It cannot work the other way around.
why not? there would be tons of doctors and nurses and many ways to treat the poor. Christian Charities for one. the organization the left loves to hate.

Co-pay?

It’s like a hybrid; sort of like an auto insurance repair deductible.

Co-pay?
see, that is my issue. if I have insurance, then I should never have any out of pocket expenses. that is a service. we don't get that. we pay deductables, we pay percentages. we should pay nothing. what a scam

why not? there would be tons of doctors and nurses and many ways to treat the poor. Christian Charities for one. the organization the left hate.

Because if you think it is wrong for the government to make you pay for something you do not want, it is just as wrong to make someone provide a product/service that cannot be paid for.

If Christian Charities want to put an office in the hospital and agree to pay for something before it is done,then I am good with that.

Dems need to take over Congress in November... because when Bob Mueller indicts Trump it’s highly unlikely the repukes will do the right thing and hold him accountable.
how are you gonna get him out of office? do you know what that takes?

I know exactly what that means. If and when Trump is indicted the republicans are obligated to start impeachment hearings.
If they don’t, it will be their Waterloo.
If they do, he’ll be waving bye bye as he boards Air Force One like Nixon.

Opinion: Mueller's net is tightening around Trump's inner circle - and maybe Trump himself
dude, I'm asking if you know what it takes to get him out of office. you're just talking impeachment. I'm talking getting him out of office.
Nixon resigned to spare himself the embarassment of being impeached.
Trump’s fragile ego couldn’t handle it. I wouldn’t be surprised if he pulled a Robin Williams.

Clinton, on the other hand, is incapable of feeling embarassement.

Co-pay?
see, that is my issue. if I have insurance, then I should never have any out of pocket expenses. that is a service. we don't get that. we pay deductables, we pay percentages. we should pay nothing. what a scam
Yep!
I paid my premium and I still have to pay $20.00?
What’s up with that?

Co-pay?

It’s like a hybrid; sort of like an auto insurance repair deductible.

Yes, it is a hybrid and that is why it is failing. it works for cars because nobody is forcing a mechanic to fix a car that a person cannot pay for. Just imagine how much your cost would go up if every mechanic had to fix cars of those who could not pay for it. They would pass that cost on to those who can pay.

Co-pay?
Yep!
What’s up with that?

There are policies with no co-pay or deductible. You can choose to have one of those if you like.

Co-pay?

Do you whine about this same thing with your auto insurance?

Co-pay?
Yep!
What’s up with that?

There are policies with no co-pay or deductible. You can choose to have one of those if you like.
I have great insurance; the co-pays make me laugh.
Absurd!

why not? there would be tons of doctors and nurses and many ways to treat the poor. Christian Charities for one. the organization the left hate.

Because if you think it is wrong for the government to make you pay for something you do not want, it is just as wrong to make someone provide a product/service that cannot be paid for.

If Christian Charities want to put an office in the hospital and agree to pay for something before it is done,then I am good with that.
the Christian Charities had services come to their facilities and people would come then.

Forum List

Back