🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Developing: Jordanian ‘Student’ Intentionally Slams Plane Into Downtown Conn. City

Wonder if he was aiming for Pratt & Whitney which I read was 200 yds away?

They are thinking it might have been suicide (oh wait, he's Muslim, can't be mental illness :dunno:).

Sources: Student Pilot Was Distraught, Fought With Instructor; Road Reopened

Another source said the student pilot started flying the plane erratically and the instructor fought to gain control before the crash. The source said the student was distraught and feeling stressed over his poor performance at the flight academy.

A federal official told The Courant that the crash appears to have been a case of suicide, and that nothing had been found by Wednesday evening to suggest terrorism. The official said authorities expected to clear the crash scene Wednesday night, but that FBI agents in Chicago, where the father of the student pilot, Feras M. Freitekh, lived briefly in the city's suburbs, were expected to continue to look into his background.

"Unfortunately, this looks, at this point, like an individual who wanted to end his life and used this event to do it," the official said.​

Suicide with someone else in the airplane, and tried to crash into others on the ground. That isn't suicide, it's attempted homicide.

And it was HORRIBLE planning and execution if that was the intent. I won't go into how to maximize casualties with a light plane -- but I looked at the crash scene and it didn't look anywhere near a planned deal.

Reports of him FIGHTING with his Instructor on board? C'mon. Hijacking a student training flight?
This guy was irritated about stuff. MAYBE irritated with American flight instructors who won't teach them how to fly into buildings.

Flight Instructor is still alive right? you'll know soon enough if your attention span allows.

Don't know if you've noticed, but most ALL Aerospace companies are co-located at airports. Ask WestWall, he'll confirm. So that didn't have to be intentional.

Doesn't even appear at this time to have had anything to do with his religion....he was not doing well in flight school and being a pilot was a big dream of his. But hey, he's Muslim...gotta be religion :dunno:
Where did you hear he wanted to be a pilot? Everything I have heard is, his parents wanted him to be a pilot. He had been fighting it since day one.

Freitekh's Facebook page is littered with photos showing his love of flying, including his profile picture that shows Freitekh kissing the nose of a plane. He also posted several pictures of the insides of cockpits and images with inspirational quotes related to flying, including "Born To Be A Pilot" and "Your wings already exist all you have to do is fly."

Student Pilot Had Passion For Flying
I never met a pilot who kissed his airplane.

I did after I soloed. Never thought he and I would make it back to ground intact. We still chat on FaceBook.
Yep! And after you arrived at your destination you had 30 minutes to call them and confirm arrival or they would call out the guard. I remember forgetting that step once. Serious frowns ensued.

Usually, your instructor is waiting on the taxiway to see if you survived. And rip your shirt up and hang in the Flight Lounge. Mine was hanging at Gainesville airport for at least 10 years. I'm sure the guys in the tower are yucking it up too when a new person solos..

All the articles I've seen so far are pointing towards suicide, no evidence of religiosity or ties to any terror groups found at this point. Apparently being a pilot was very important to him and he wasn't doing well in the course.

Student Pilot Acted Out Of Character For Days Before Crash, Investigators Told

This is not uncommon, suicidal people who actually do want the one way ticket and can operate an aeroplane, fast and easy way to finish it.

Although you can appreciate why people think that he as a Muslim could have had terrorist reasons for committing this taking the aeroplane into the building, whether as part of a terror group or as a lone thing by himself.

Where did you hear he wanted to be a pilot? Everything I have heard is, his parents wanted him to be a pilot. He had been fighting it since day one.

Freitekh's Facebook page is littered with photos showing his love of flying, including his profile picture that shows Freitekh kissing the nose of a plane. He also posted several pictures of the insides of cockpits and images with inspirational quotes related to flying, including "Born To Be A Pilot" and "Your wings already exist all you have to do is fly."

I did after I soloed. Never thought he and I would make it back to ground intact. We still chat on FaceBook.
Yep! And after you arrived at your destination you had 30 minutes to call them and confirm arrival or they would call out the guard. I remember forgetting that step once. Serious frowns ensued.

Usually, your instructor is waiting on the taxiway to see if you survived. And rip your shirt up and hang in the Flight Lounge. Mine was hanging at Gainesville airport for at least 10 years. I'm sure the guys in the tower are yucking it up too when a new person solos..

We were out practicing touch and go's and on the last one he told me to taxi to the hanger then all of a sudden he told me to stop taxiing and he got out of the plane. I looked at him in shock at told him to get his ass back in the plane I wasn't ready yet He said yes you are take her around a couple of times. My cross country was from PFN to Monroeville Alabama to Lake Eufala and home. I had to land in Monroeville and Lake Eufala and bring him the gas tickets. I still have my shirt and my gas tickets.

All the articles I've seen so far are pointing towards suicide, no evidence of religiosity or ties to any terror groups found at this point. Apparently being a pilot was very important to him and he wasn't doing well in the course.

This is not uncommon, suicidal people who actually do want the one way ticket and can operate an aeroplane, fast and easy way to finish it.

Although you can appreciate why people think that he as a Muslim could have had terrorist reasons for committing this taking the aeroplane into the building, whether as part of a terror group or as a lone thing by himself.

This is playing out an awful lot like that horrible crash of the Germanwings flight last year :( And yes, I can understand the terrorism concerns.

Had no idea Willow and Flacaltenn were both pilots....who'da thunk? Pretty neat :)

We were out practicing touch and go's and on the last one he told me to taxi to the hanger then all of a sudden he told me to stop taxiing and he got out of the plane. I looked at him in shock at told him to get his ass back in the plane I wasn't ready yet He said yes you are take her around a couple of times. My cross country was from PFN to Monroeville Alabama to Lake Eufala and home. I had to land in Monroeville and Lake Eufala and bring him the gas tickets. I still have my shirt and my gas tickets.

Maybe we should have a Flying forum. Although I quit when I got to Cali. Complicated story.. .

This is playing out an awful lot like that horrible crash of the Germanwings flight last year :( And yes, I can understand the terrorism concerns.

Well if it is a suicide at least he didn't take 300 people with him, they have a right to kill themselves, they don't have a right to take others with them including babies and children.

The way the situation now is, every time there's an usual happening people do think is it a terrorist situation. That train a few weeks ago that crashed at speed, I forget where in America, but it was at the train station, people thought initially that was a terrorist attack or could be a terrorist attack. It wasn't, but this now is the world everyone lives in.

The pilot, Feras M. Freitekh, came to the U.S. on a temporary student visa in 2012 for flight school. The legality of his immigration status is unclear.

Freitekh’s potential motivations are unclear at this time. Local media report he was killed in the crash.

Motivations unclear???

Yeah right.:rolleyes:

Developing: Jordanian ‘Student’ Intentionally Slams Plane Into Downtown Conn. City

So do they have the motivation for this yet?

Motivations:

Couldn't get the sort of Kebab he liked?

Pokémon GO didn't work properly?

Was a gay Muslim and was dumped by secret Hell's Angel's boyfriend?
Could be anything but an act of terrorism cannot be ruled out yet as it is in the realm of possibility.

"Suicide attacks have occurred throughout history, often as part of a military campaign such as the Japanese Kamikaze pilots of World War II, and more recently as part of terrorist campaigns, such as the September 11 attacks."
Suicide attack - Wikipedia

Several thing has been conformed:

1. it was intentional;

2. it is believed to be suicide.

The one further issue to be decided is whether the "suicide" was part of a plan designed to be a terrorist attack especially and Pratt and Whitney could have been a possible target.

Had no idea Willow and Flacaltenn were both pilots....who'da thunk? Pretty neat :)
I don't fly anymore but it was a real fun time. I loved it.

I think that is so fascinating - never flew myself. My boss, when I worked for NASA ages ago was a pilot - still weren't a lot of female pilots then. She said she stopped when she got too pregnant to fit. She flew bush planes in Alaska. I can only imagine the challenge that would be.

Maybe we should have a Flying forum. Although I quit when I got to Cali. Complicated story.. .

Did it involve complex and potentially illegal mid air maneuvers?

I don't fly anymore but it was a real fun time. I loved it.

I think that is so fascinating - never flew myself. My boss, when I worked for NASA ages ago was a pilot - still weren't a lot of female pilots then. She said she stopped when she got too pregnant to fit. She flew bush planes in Alaska. I can only imagine the challenge that would be.

Have you seen some of the shows on the bush in Alaska? It's a challenge alright, not to mention very dangerous.

They are thinking it might have been suicide (oh wait, he's Muslim, can't be mental illness :dunno:).

Another source said the student pilot started flying the plane erratically and the instructor fought to gain control before the crash. The source said the student was distraught and feeling stressed over his poor performance at the flight academy.

A federal official told The Courant that the crash appears to have been a case of suicide, and that nothing had been found by Wednesday evening to suggest terrorism. The official said authorities expected to clear the crash scene Wednesday night, but that FBI agents in Chicago, where the father of the student pilot, Feras M. Freitekh, lived briefly in the city's suburbs, were expected to continue to look into his background.

"Unfortunately, this looks, at this point, like an individual who wanted to end his life and used this event to do it," the official said.​

Suicide with someone else in the airplane, and tried to crash into others on the ground. That isn't suicide, it's attempted homicide.
Exactly. If he wanted to kill himself he could have gone off and shot himself in the head or hanged himself - ALONE.

Last edited:

Exactly. If he wanted to kill himself he could have gone off and shot himself in the head or handed himself - ALONE.
That is the puzzling aspect .....he was in the plane over a populated area. The earmarks of a terrorist attack

I keep thinking they've left out one word-mission.Suicide mission.

We will have to wait and see, I guess.

Exactly. If he wanted to kill himself he could have gone off and shot himself in the head or hanged himself - ALONE.

The pilot, Feras M. Freitekh, came to the U.S. on a temporary student visa in 2012 for flight school. The legality of his immigration status is unclear.

Freitekh’s potential motivations are unclear at this time. Local media report he was killed in the crash.

Motivations unclear???

Yeah right.:rolleyes:

So do they have the motivation for this yet?

Motivations:

Couldn't get the sort of Kebab he liked?

Pokémon GO didn't work properly?

Was a gay Muslim and was dumped by secret Hell's Angel's boyfriend?
Could be anything but an act of terrorism cannot be ruled out yet as it is in the realm of possibility.

"Suicide attacks have occurred throughout history, often as part of a military campaign such as the Japanese Kamikaze pilots of World War II, and more recently as part of terrorist campaigns, such as the September 11 attacks."
Suicide attack - Wikipedia

Several thing has been conformed:

1. it was intentional;

2. it is believed to be suicide.

The one further issue to be decided is whether the "suicide" was part of a plan designed to be a terrorist attack especially and Pratt and Whitney could have been a possible target.

Guilty til proven innocent. Welcome to America.

Exactly. If he wanted to kill himself he could have gone off and shot himself in the head or handed himself - ALONE.
That is the puzzling aspect .....he was in the plane over a populated area. The earmarks of a terrorist attack

May be the moslem tried to crash the plane into the Pratt and Whitney factory. Pratt and Whitney makes fighter plane engines....who knows.

Meanwhile, “nothing’s off the table,” East Hartford police Lt. Josh Litwin told reporters on Wednesday, including terrorism, as the crash has been deemed an “intentional” one.

We shall see.

May be the moslem tried to crash the plane into the Pratt and Whitney factory. Pratt and Whitney makes fighter plane engines....who knows.

Meanwhile, “nothing’s off the table,” East Hartford police Lt. Josh Litwin told reporters on Wednesday, including terrorism, as the crash has been deemed an “intentional” one.

We shall see.

Who needs to see?

Fuck it, he's a terrorist. It has been settled. **Gavel Drop**

Forum List

Back