🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

DeVos Confirmed

As a teacher I am extremely disappointed. The fact that she is a republican or basically brought her position doesn't bother me. What bothers me is that she has 0% experience in education and never taught a day in her life.

In the end our children will suffer.

What bothers me is that she has 0% experience in education and never taught a day in her life.

Yes, it's a shame that she'll ruin the great system the experts have built.
Think she'll be able to find 100 conservative teachers ???? They don't exist ...too fn stupid

Of course they do.

The DeVos Family rained $1 million in "donations" to Republican senators prior to her confirmation. Marco Rubio got the biggest chunk - nearly $100,000

The US Senate sold your childrens' future down the river for a mere $1 million. Wonder how much Exxon paid for Tillerson's confirmation. It should be chump change compared to the money that can be made off Putin's oil.
Says the moron who votes for a party bought and owned by a foreign ex-Nazi collaborator George the Walking Corpse Soros.

Thank you Mike Pence and good to see they Republicans who need to be defeated, without losing a confirmation!

Another stinging loss for the democrats.

Tillerson.....confirmed
Devoss..confirmed

Maybe one day democrats will get their heads out of their asses, but keep protesting and blocking everything........er Trying to block everything. Lolololololololol
image.jpeg

Any dumbass hypocrite Libtards who shut down school vouchers, school choice, call Republicans elitist and bloated up union teacher's salaries should be required to send their kids to the shitty schools they created.
"bloated up union teacher's salaries"? How much are public school teachers paid in your area....beginning salary.....after 20 years....? And what educational level are they required to have?

I know exactly how much teachers are paid because my wife was teacher for 30 years.

The filthy ass unions are the one that bloated up the salaries in the Democrat controlled non right to work shitholes of America.

By the way, my wife joined the Teacher's union when she first started teaching back in 1969. However, when the filthy ass union used some of her union dues to suport that asshole Jimmy Carter she told them to shove it. Thank goodness Florida was a right to work state so that the filthy ass unions could not steal her money without permission and give it Libtard Moon Bats like Carter.

Only bad teachers and bad schools have to fear school choice.

Why do you want to deny students and their parents choices?
How will you measure bad teachers?

You know they have teacher proficiency tests right? Make ALL teachers pass them.
Yes they do....and teachers have to pass them in order to get their credentials.....at least in Public schools they do.

They have to be certified in private schools as well.
Not all require.

Since they are so superior to government schools, why is that relevant?

Any dumbass hypocrite Libtards who shut down school vouchers, school choice, call Republicans elitist and bloated up union teacher's salaries should be required to send their kids to the shitty schools they created.
"bloated up union teacher's salaries"? How much are public school teachers paid in your area....beginning salary.....after 20 years....? And what educational level are they required to have?

I know exactly how much teachers are paid because my wife was teacher for 30 years.

The filthy ass unions are the one that bloated up the salaries in the Democrat controlled non right to work shitholes of America.

By the way, my wife joined the Teacher's union when she first started teaching back in 1969. However, when the filthy ass union used some of her union dues to suport that asshole Jimmy Carter she told them to shove it. Thank goodness Florida was a right to work state so that the filthy ass unions could not steal her money without permission and give it Libtard Moon Bats like Carter.
too bad you aren't half the man jimmy is

:lmao:

Yay! I applaud the opportunity to give another person who doesnt know shit about the job to run the department.

Please explain to us all how your system is working. Total failure in soooo many school districts. What changes do you think would help? Don't go to MORE MONEY, that's the reason given by Democrats for ALL THEIR FAILED SYSTEMS. Our worst-performing schools are among the highest cost per student.
Easy first step to fixing public schools.....let them pick and choose their students they accept and keep like private and charter schools do.

Nice, you are suggesting charters are bad and then fix public schools by making them like private and charter schools. :lol:

All that does is make being mediocre a form of equality. Teach down to the lowest level. We are trying to provide a better education for those who have the abilities and motivation.
I have never suggested that charters are bad....stop lying about what I have said or not said. I believe that public schools should have the same CHOICE as charter and private schools as to who they accept and keep.

How does an inanimate thing, a government school, choose anything? Do they get to choose paint color too?

As a teacher I am extremely disappointed. The fact that she is a republican or basically brought her position doesn't bother me. What bothers me is that she has 0% experience in education and never taught a day in her life.

No offense, but today, being a teacher is no indication by itself that one is suited for anything. ESPECIALLY teaching.

I'm sure you're not like that, but for the most part, teachers are mush headed idiots. I don't necessarily want a teacher at the head of the department of education, thanks.

It appears half the "teachers" commenting regarding the dept of education are illiterate imbeciles, but hey its about the kids .....

No offense, but today, being a teacher is no indication by itself that one is suited for anything. ESPECIALLY teaching.

....for the most part, teachers are mush headed idiots. ....

Can you support that claim?

What bothers me is that she has 0% experience in education and never taught a day in her life.

Yes, it's a shame that she'll ruin the great system the experts have built.

Does it bother you that Obama's first Secretary of Education, the one who served for six years, had no education degree and never taught a day in his life? That seven of the eleven Secretaries of State who have served since the cabinet position was created had/have no education degree and never taught a day in their lives.

But as for Betsy Devos experience:

DeVos, headed up the nonprofit American Federation for Children that specializes in promoting better education through school choice, vouchers, and other means to give all children a chance at a better education.

She was the architect of the Detroit charter school program that, while still below national standards during her involvement, showed significantly more improvement than Detroit's public school system despite the best efforts of the leftist MSM who have focused on diminishing that success.

She serves on the board of Kids Hope USA that assigns mentors to at risk kids to help them feel loved, cared for, and teach them to succeed.

She served on the board of the former Republican presidential contender Jeb Bush’s Foundation for Excellence in Education.

In other words, like all ten of her predecessors as Secretary of Education, she has had a special interest in promoting better education and, unlike some of the others, she has devoted most of her adult life to improving education.

Since in the time we have had a Secretary of Education, the USA has slid from being at the top or near the top in education among all developed countries to a position that is positively embarrassing despite us spending much more on education than most countries do.

Betsy cannot possibly do any worse than what we have had, and her un-status quo approach should be given a fair chance. If she doesn't get the job done, she is working for a boss who will fire her.

[

Read about Detroit, largest charter schools system, well the whole state is due to her. She destroys public schools. We have many For Profit schools. For profit.

I sent my two sons to a private school. It was the Lutheran system. I served on the Fiance Board of the school for several years.

At the time the country school district was spending over three times as much per child as this private school. When the yearly ratings came out each year this school was always in the top three. All the private school were at the top of the list and all the government run schools were at the bottom.

The government does a terrible job of education just like it does for everything else.

The government should have to compete for the education dollar. A monopoly on education produces piss poor performance as we see with the terrible public education system in this country.

It is oppressive for the government to force me to pay for education and not give me a chance to opt out and get better value for my money elsewhere.

Liberals are always afraid of choice because when people have a choice they won't chose a government program.

Last edited:

whats-your-point_zpsxbxlkku2.jpg

[

Too bad that his cousin, who is a life long friend of mine, didn't vote for him for President. He liked his cousin as family but thought he was a terrible President.

Thank you Mike Pence and good to see they Republicans who need to be defeated, without losing a confirmation!

Tillerson.....confirmed
Devoss..confirmed

Maybe one day democrats will get their heads out of their asses, but keep protesting and blocking everything........er Trying to block everything. Lolololololololol

Tillerson.....confirmed
Devoss..confirmed

I voted for Trump, and I would have blocked her. She has no experience in education, and like he couldn't find someone with a background in education? It's nothing but payback and Trump's starting to disappoint early on.
I voted for him in the primary but not in the general just because of shit like this. I'm all for charters and vouchers. But there are state superintendants administering programs like that right now. But he gives the job to a donor, whom even some evangelical groups weren't excited about.

I'm curious, what makes an "evangelical group" more or less qualifed to decide the merit of a nominee?

The US postal system was forced to improve it services when it had to compete with UPS and FedEx and others.

Why shouldn't the government be forced to compete with private schools? Why should they automatically be entitled to our education dollars?

Another question. Why is the filthy ass Federal government even in the business of education? Why is that not that left to the local level?

Forum List

Back