🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

DeVos Confirmed

Betsy DeVos has been confirmed as education secretary with VP Mike Pence casting the tie breaking vote. She was the one the Democrats really wanted to defeat the most now that they failed I wonder if this will stop the dragging their feet on cabinet nominees?

The Dems have no power and they know it.

They should think more about being considered by their constituents for the 2018 elections than obstructing everything Trump does.

America is watching them in action.

Stopping Trump is a national security issue.
Oh!

How so?

It's either because of Putin or the Amish or whatever :smoke:
What!

Not Boooooosh!

What a shame, someone who hates public schools is going to be the ed secretary. She has ruined Mi public schools, we now have lots of for profit schools. Going to expand the Kingdom of God in the US. She is a wacked out crazy person.

I thought Trump was going to help inner city schools , not destroy them. They may as well just confirm the rest, and go out and do rallies and give speeches, and let the Pubs do their thing for 2 years. Make better use of their time.

The American Public School system needs to be trashed and burned. Period.

I have read a lot about the American Public School system since joining this forum and everything I've read illustrates that it's more of a damage to children than anything else.

Which is why we need a Ed Secretary who cares about Public Ed, why have a Fed Ed Secretary if not working for the public school system? Why bother having one at all. Besty Devos is a wacko. Guns in school incase of a grisly bear.

DeVos confirmation courtesy of Harry Reid and the nuclear option be sure to send him a thank you card.

What is the nuclear option that you mention?
simple majority of 51 votes rather than 60 for confirmation.

Well that seems a more sensible situation, if you have a majority of Senator's anyhow and your party is in control of The Senate, it's strange you'd need 60 Senate votes anyhow to confirm these Presidential Choices for his Cabinet.

What a shame, someone who hates public schools is going to be the ed secretary. She has ruined Mi public schools, we now have lots of for profit schools. Going to expand the Kingdom of God in the US. She is a wacked out crazy person.

I thought Trump was going to help inner city schools , not destroy them. They may as well just confirm the rest, and go out and do rallies and give speeches, and let the Pubs do their thing for 2 years. Make better use of their time.

I have read a lot about the American Public School system since joining this forum and everything I've read illustrates that it's more of a damage to children than anything else.

Which is why we need a Ed Secretary who cares about Public Ed, why have a Fed Ed Secretary if not working for the public school system? Why bother having one at all. Besty Devos is a wacko. Guns in school incase of a grisly bear.
Operative phrase... Working for the school "system."

As opposed to the students?

Thank you Mike Pence and good to see they Republicans who need to be defeated, without losing a confirmation!

Another stinging loss for the democrats.

Tillerson.....confirmed
Devoss..confirmed

Maybe one day democrats will get their heads out of their asses, but keep protesting and blocking everything........er Trying to block everything. Lolololololololol

This isn't a loss for Democrats. It's a loss for every student in America. This woman is not only unqualified, she's uneducated, and can't form a proper sentence. Much like her boss.

If you think this appointment is a good choice, you're more interested in sticking it to Democrats than with fixing education problems.
If liberals are against it, than it's good for our country!

On to Gorsuch!!!! :banana:

Yes, I imagine the vote to confirm Senator Sessions will be delayed until they take the vote on Gorsuch. The theory is they delayed that vote as they needed his vote for DeVos and they may also need it for Gorsuch.

That's correct but we also need an AG for the travel ban fight and I don't believe Gorsuch will need his vote.

Why not just demolish the Department of Education and allow individual States to determine their own Educational needs.

There's no need for a Federal Education Secretary from my reading of the whole situation, Government shouldn't be in control of issues like Education and I support States Rights.

Yay! I applaud the opportunity to give another person who doesnt know shit about the job to run the department.

Please explain to us all how your system is working. Total failure in soooo many school districts. What changes do you think would help? Don't go to MORE MONEY, that's the reason given by Democrats for ALL THEIR FAILED SYSTEMS. Our worst-performing schools are among the highest cost per student.

The issue is that Americans as a whole have to start viewing education more seriously and learning needs to be put back on the student. In places in Japan and India, students are held accountable for their grades. There's no blaming of teachers and their parents do not accept anything below a A. I can't tell you how many times I've had students who didn't do homework, absent at least once a week got an F and then their parents come to me whining about their child failing.

Secondly, teachers should have more qualifications and it should be treated like the medical field . In Finland teaches need to have a masters degree to teach. This ensures that the teacher is highly qualified and is able to give his or her students a quality education.

Japan weeds out under performers in stages. Use public schools to educate the less academically inclined. Charters for those who can go on to college or specialized trade schools.

There are poor teachers just as there are poor students, they should be weeded out as well. In the private school I am most knowledgeable about, half the teacher did not have teaching degrees. A high achieving school though.

We don't hold adults accountable for much, start with the kids and have consequences for actions/inactions. Most successful schools have motivated parents.

So, this leads us back to, why are you supporting the status quo that will not and cannot yield the results you want?
So...how do you fix public schools that: a) have some motivated parents but lots and lots of unmotivated parents if parents in the picture at all, and b) how do you start consequences for actions of students when they are not held back, they are not held accountable for their behaviors at all

Thank you Mike Pence and good to see they Republicans who need to be defeated, without losing a confirmation!

Tillerson.....confirmed
Devoss..confirmed

Maybe one day democrats will get their heads out of their asses, but keep protesting and blocking everything........er Trying to block everything. Lolololololololol

Big problem in the works.

Dimbocraps have threatened to do this with all the remaining nominees.

So, what about Senator Sessions? If he gets confirmed, that reduces the GOP to 51 and, if the same 2 defect, that means the VP's vote can only provide a tie!

Can a replacement be found quickly? Check out
If U.S. Senate confirms Jeff Sessions as attorney general, replacement likely to be named quickly @ If U.S. Senate confirms Jeff Sessions as attorney general, replacement likely to be named quickly

Yay! I applaud the opportunity to give another person who doesnt know shit about the job to run the department.

Please explain to us all how your system is working. Total failure in soooo many school districts. What changes do you think would help? Don't go to MORE MONEY, that's the reason given by Democrats for ALL THEIR FAILED SYSTEMS. Our worst-performing schools are among the highest cost per student.
Easy first step to fixing public schools.....let them pick and choose their students they accept and keep like private and charter schools do.

Maybe the elite left demands an educational monopoly because their ideas are stupid and wither away with any competition.

Betsy DeVos has been confirmed as education secretary with VP Mike Pence casting the tie breaking vote. She was the one the Democrats really wanted to defeat the most now that they failed I wonder if this will stop the dragging their feet on cabinet nominees?

They need to hurry up and confirm Jeff Sessions, he's more important at the moment IMHO.

A racist, yes go ahead. Two years is coming. What do you care, you don't live here.

No BLM are the racists.

No but I have very, very many American friends and they're American Patriots and I want the best for them, I don't want Leftist Maniac's destroying America and as such Jeff Sessions is the man, he's hardcore.

This IS now hardcore.

The best thing is for Trump to defund the Department of Education and to return the money wasted to the taxpayers.

If he is not going to do that then the next best thing is to hire somebody like DeVos who can get the filthy teacher's unions under control and to stop funding failure.

So...how do you fix public schools that: a) have some motivated parents but lots and lots of unmotivated parents if parents in the picture at all, and b) how do you start consequences for actions of students when they are not held back, they are not held accountable for their behaviors at all

Who said anything about fixing them? They function great for mediocre grads. We are trying to give those that can and want to learn an opportunity to grow.

Great news for all the children who will benefit from school choice.
So....she's going to give public schools the power of choice? the same power private/charter schools have?
Yes, somthey will have to compete and use their resources wisely and not waste them. Teach math not how to.fuck.
Teach science, not how to.be a.good roomate.

Stuff like that.
Can you point out what state/district teaches those things? Maybe link their on-line curriculum to back up your assertion?

Tillerson.....confirmed
Devoss..confirmed

Do we now ALL arm our kids in public schools to fight off grizzly bears????........LOL

(yeah, you morons "won".................)

Yep arm all the kids......those school shooters wouldn't be able to kill 20 people then.
Why what a wonderful RW solution. Makes a lot of RW sense.

Forum List

Back