🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

DeVos Confirmed

As a teacher I am extremely disappointed.
Only bad teachers and bad schools have to fear school choice.

Why do you want to deny students and their parents choices?
How will you measure bad teachers?

You know they have teacher proficiency tests right? Make ALL teachers pass them.
Yes they do....and teachers have to pass them in order to get their credentials.....at least in Public schools they do.

Thank you Mike Pence and good to see they Republicans who need to be defeated, without losing a confirmation!

Another stinging loss for the democrats.

Tillerson.....confirmed
Devoss..confirmed

Maybe one day democrats will get their heads out of their asses, but keep protesting and blocking everything........er Trying to block everything. Lolololololololol

This isn't a loss for Democrats. It's a loss for every student in America. This woman is not only unqualified, she's uneducated, and can't form a proper sentence. Much like her boss.

If you think this appointment is a good choice, you're more interested in sticking it to Democrats than with fixing education problems.
If liberals are against it, than it's good for our country!
What wonderful RW logic. Private RW school?

I agree that public school system needs some changes. But hiring someone who doesn't have clue teaching or education isn't the solution.

DeVos doesn't even want to make public schools better. She wants to get rid of them altogether. She's a staunch advocate of charter schools but many of them are worse than public schools.

Oh really?

A new study of charter schools shows that they are making a meaningful difference for underserved kids in many of our nation’s cities, but it also highlights new challenges for the movement.

Researchers at Stanford University’s Center for Research on Education Outcomes, or CREDO, released the new report yesterday, which looks at the impact of charter schools in 41 urban areas. The researchers used a rigorous research design that compares learning gains for students enrolled in charter schools to those of similar students in traditional public schools in their districts.

On net, the findings are good news for charter schools: Across the 41 cities studied, students in charter schools learned significantly more than their peers attending traditional public schools – 40 more days worth of learning in math, and 28 more in reading.

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/knowl...charter-schools-making-a-difference-in-cities

Somebody is scared and protecting their job.

I agree that charter schools help underprivileged children who excel but cannot afford private school. However, it doesn't solve the core issue with the average public school student.

The issue is that Americans as a whole have to start viewing education more seriously and learning needs to be put back on the student. In places in Japan and India, students are held accountable for their grades. There's no blaming of teachers and their parents do not accept anything below a A. I can't tell you how many times I've had students who didn't do homework, absent at least once a week got an F and then their parents come to me whining about their child failing.

Shunning public schools and stuffing kids in charter schools isn't the answer.
Team/Reward System Will Motivate, Not the Present Reward 5 to 20 Years Later

It's not designed for the way children naturally behave. Divide the classes into teams with parity of IQs. Quiz frequently. The team that gets the highest score will get Friday off; the team with the lowest will have to come in on Saturday. Individually high-scoring students from four grades higher will be paid to teach the Saturday classes.

You know they have teacher proficiency tests right? Make ALL teachers pass them.
Yes they do....and teachers have to pass them in order to get their credentials.....at least in Public schools they do.

They have to be certified in private schools as well.

Thank you Mike Pence and good to see they Republicans who need to be defeated, without losing a confirmation!

Tillerson.....confirmed
Devoss..confirmed

Maybe one day democrats will get their heads out of their asses, but keep protesting and blocking everything........er Trying to block everything. Lolololololololol

This isn't a loss for Democrats. It's a loss for every student in America. This woman is not only unqualified, she's uneducated, and can't form a proper sentence. Much like her boss.

If you think this appointment is a good choice, you're more interested in sticking it to Democrats than with fixing education problems.

Who said that?

So...how do you fix public schools that: a) have some motivated parents but lots and lots of unmotivated parents if parents in the picture at all, and b) how do you start consequences for actions of students when they are not held back, they are not held accountable for their behaviors at all

Who said anything about fixing them? They function great for mediocre grads. We are trying to give those that can and want to learn an opportunity to grow.
"Who said anything about fixing them?" Well then, there you go.......

Not all require.

Tillerson.....confirmed
Devoss..confirmed

Yes teach them arithmetic, english, history, science, and a trade.
Not the social issues like being gay is okay. That if your a boy that wants to be a girl, use The girls locker room. Then maybe college students wouldn't riot if they don't get their way, or need a safe place. Educate our children, don't indoctrinate.

Not all require.

That's news to me, but I'll take your word for it. My kids went to an Episcopal school and I guarantee you all the teachers were board certified.

Any dumbass hypocrite Libtards who shut down school vouchers, school choice, call Republicans elitist and bloated up union teacher's salaries should be required to send their kids to the shitty schools they created.

Makes you wonder about the tests huh?

Tillerson.....confirmed
Devoss..confirmed

Maybe you will one day awaken and smell the stink of fascism.

Tillerson.....confirmed
Devoss..confirmed

Maybe you will one day awaken and smell the stink of fascism.

We just rejected it. You lost and you just keep on losing.

Crooked Donald will now get more poorly educated folks to love after the privatization of public schools:

Tillerson.....confirmed
Devoss..confirmed

I'm all for charter schools and vouchers ... to non-religious schools (they're called "independent" btw). But DeVos has absolutely no experience actually administering public education. Her success or lack of success will fall to whom she hires for the chain of command, and like Trump, how well she can tell the sane from the insane and accept advice from the sane.

Forum List

Back