🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

DeVos Confirmed

Yay! I applaud the opportunity to give another person who doesnt know shit about the job to run the department.

Please explain to us all how your system is working. Total failure in soooo many school districts. What changes do you think would help? Don't go to MORE MONEY, that's the reason given by Democrats for ALL THEIR FAILED SYSTEMS. Our worst-performing schools are among the highest cost per student.
Easy first step to fixing public schools.....let them pick and choose their students they accept and keep like private and charter schools do.

Nice, you are suggesting charters are bad and then fix public schools by making them like private and charter schools. :lol:

All that does is make being mediocre a form of equality. Teach down to the lowest level. We are trying to provide a better education for those who have the abilities and motivation.

Trump wins again! :eusa_clap: Trump ran over the Dem's and their campaign donation cash cow the teachers unions. Are the Dem's growing tired of losing?

As a teacher I am extremely disappointed. The fact that she is a republican or basically brought her position doesn't bother me. What bothers me is that she has 0% experience in education and never taught a day in her life.

In the end our children will suffer.

That is a worthy and legitimate argument against her, but teachers tend to think only for what is best for teachers and not the students.

They always argument for pensions, free healthcare, protect tenure, but not what is best for children.

School choice, charter school, no tenure, individual retirement plans etc are what is best for children and these are things she has fought for and knows a lot about.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

"but teachers tend to think only for what is best for teachers and not the students."

The students should always come first, what's best for the school children should be all teachers paramount concern and anything about feathering their own nest should be down their list of priorities.

What a shame, someone who hates public schools is going to be the ed secretary. She has ruined Mi public schools, we now have lots of for profit schools. Going to expand the Kingdom of God in the US. She is a wacked out crazy person.

I thought Trump was going to help inner city schools , not destroy them. They may as well just confirm the rest, and go out and do rallies and give speeches, and let the Pubs do their thing for 2 years. Make better use of their time.

The American Public School system needs to be trashed and burned. Period.

I have read a lot about the American Public School system since joining this forum and everything I've read illustrates that it's more of a damage to children than anything else.
What a wonderful RW solution.

As a teacher I am extremely disappointed. The fact that she is a republican or basically brought her position doesn't bother me. What bothers me is that she has 0% experience in education and never taught a day in her life.

That is a worthy and legitimate argument against her, but teachers tend to think only for what is best for teachers and not the students.

They always argument for pensions, free healthcare, protect tenure, but not what is best for children.

School choice, charter school, no tenure, individual retirement plans etc are what is best for children and these are things she has fought for and knows a lot about.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Even the teachers unions agree with you!

National Education Association General Counsel Bob Chanin stated in July 2009.

Chanin: "It is not because we care about children. And it is not because we have a vision of a great public school for every child. NEA and its affiliates are effective advocates because we have power. And we have power because there are more than 3.2 million people who are willing to pay us hundreds of millions of dollars in dues...."

Says it all, does it not?

What a shame, someone who hates public schools is going to be the ed secretary. She has ruined Mi public schools, we now have lots of for profit schools. Going to expand the Kingdom of God in the US. She is a wacked out crazy person.

I thought Trump was going to help inner city schools , not destroy them. They may as well just confirm the rest, and go out and do rallies and give speeches, and let the Pubs do their thing for 2 years. Make better use of their time.

I have read a lot about the American Public School system since joining this forum and everything I've read illustrates that it's more of a damage to children than anything else.
What a wonderful RW solution.
And those are the only kind you LOSERS are going to get.

Which is why we need a Ed Secretary who cares about Public Ed, why have a Fed Ed Secretary if not working for the public school system? Why bother having one at all. Besty Devos is a wacko. Guns in school incase of a grisly bear.
WRONG WRONG WRONG! She should be working for the children, NOT the system. That's exactly what's wrong with it now.

Wow, I thought this was the one confirmation that wouldn't go through for Trump.
If the Dems couldn't stop Devos, they won't be able to do much at all.

Hopefully common core will be stopped immediately. I hope she pretty much dismantles the Department of Education, no need for government to be in the business of education, it should strictly be private.

Yay! I applaud the opportunity to give another person who doesnt know shit about the job to run the department.

Please explain to us all how your system is working. Total failure in soooo many school districts. What changes do you think would help? Don't go to MORE MONEY, that's the reason given by Democrats for ALL THEIR FAILED SYSTEMS. Our worst-performing schools are among the highest cost per student.
Easy first step to fixing public schools.....let them pick and choose their students they accept and keep like private and charter schools do.

When somethi

So that's a reason to deny parents the choice of a different school, a charter school or a voucher to go to a private school of their choice? WHY?

So...how do you fix public schools that: a) have some motivated parents but lots and lots of unmotivated parents if parents in the picture at all, and b) how do you start consequences for actions of students when they are not held back, they are not held accountable for their behaviors at all

Parents were chased out of the public schools back in the early 80's.....told they didn't understand how education had changed and were no longer welcome. A whole new vocabulary was established that nobody outside the loop could fathom so the parents who wanted to stay involved had no idea what the hell they were talking about. You are very aware of how the schools were turned into leftist petri dishes, with hideous outcomes. All the teachers' unions are concerned with is keeping the pipeline full of mush-heads to vote democrat.

We saw what a mess "Insiders" in "Education" have done to "Education" The most expensive Education System in the world turning out Idiots by The Millions.

No thanks. Time for a different perspective.
And that includes successful students under this failed system. They are incapable of understanding how weird or spoiled they were and that the system needs to adapt to normal and unprivileged students who are completely unlike them. Only a perceptive outsider can understand how alienating the system is.

Thank you Mike Pence and good to see they Republicans who need to be defeated, without losing a confirmation!

Another stinging loss for the democrats.

Tillerson.....confirmed
Devoss..confirmed

Maybe one day democrats will get their heads out of their asses, but keep protesting and blocking everything........er Trying to block everything. Lolololololololol
All Right!

You know what this means? It means Republicans whose kids are among the most ignorant in the nation will be even worse. The GOP has created a permanent underclass of white minimum wage (or less) workers. They don't cost much because if they don't have real jobs, they don't pay into Social Security which means they won't qualify. They won't have healthcare so if they get sick, so what? They are disposable. There are plenty more where those came from.

You just have to look on the bright side. And who knows, even their food stamps might be cut.

All Right!

You know what this means? It means Republicans whose kids are among the most ignorant in the nation will be even worse. The GOP has created a permanent underclass of white minimum wage (or less) workers. They don't cost much because if they don't have real jobs, they don't pay into Social Security which means they won't qualify. They won't have healthcare so if they get sick, so what? They are disposable. There are plenty more where those came from.

You just have to look on the bright side. And who knows, even their food stamps might be cut.

Why do you continue making a fool of yourself here?

Why what a wonderful RW solution. Makes a lot of RW sense.

Well, now that Trump is allowing insane people to own guns, maybe those 5 and 6 years old kids at Sandy Hook could have defended themselves.......
As the NRA tells us, "the best way to fight off an insane guy with a gun, is to have a five year old with a gun....."

Libtards hate DeVos because the hate the idea of choice in education.

You know, judging YOUR level of education, DeVos may have a point.

Says a dumbass that voted for a President who increased poverty, decreased family income, destroyed healthcare and astronomically increased debt. Then you supported a stupid hateful corrupt incompetent asshole who was under investigation by the FBI.

Which school did you go to?

Forum List

Back