🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

DeVos Confirmed

As a teacher I am extremely disappointed. The fact that she is a republican or basically brought her position doesn't bother me. What bothers me is that she has 0% experience in education and never taught a day in her life.

In the end our children will suffer.

The children are suffering now, public education is a nightmare

I agree that public school system needs some changes. But hiring someone who doesn't have clue teaching or education isn't the solution.

DeVos doesn't even want to make public schools better. She wants to get rid of them altogether. She's a staunch advocate of charter schools but many of them are worse than public schools.
She's not an insider who will preserve the status quo of bad public schools that fail to teach children. THAT'S why you oppose her.

Shame on you!!!

Yay! I applaud the opportunity to give another person who doesnt know shit about the job to run the department.

Please explain to us all how your system is working. Total failure in soooo many school districts. What changes do you think would help? Don't go to MORE MONEY, that's the reason given by Democrats for ALL THEIR FAILED SYSTEMS. Our worst-performing schools are among the highest cost per student.
Easy first step to fixing public schools.....let them pick and choose their students they accept and keep like private and charter schools do.

When somethi
Yay! I applaud the opportunity to give another person who doesnt know shit about the job to run the department.

Please explain to us all how your system is working. Total failure in soooo many school districts. What changes do you think would help? Don't go to MORE MONEY, that's the reason given by Democrats for ALL THEIR FAILED SYSTEMS. Our worst-performing schools are among the highest cost per student.
Easy first step to fixing public schools.....let them pick and choose their students they accept and keep like private and charter schools do.

So that's a reason to deny parents the choice of a different school, a charter school or a voucher to go to a private school of their choice? WHY?
Sure...let parents have a choice....let public schools have a choice too. But why should the government pay for a private citizen's school choice? I thought the RW was against mooching off the government teat.
There is something elitist about giving a parent who is already footing private school tuition his/her taxes back so they can keep more money. But without the gummit tit letting a poor person have some share of what the state pays per pupil, they would not have the means to pay a charter school.

As a teacher I am extremely disappointed. The fact that she is a republican or basically brought her position doesn't bother me. What bothers me is that she has 0% experience in education and never taught a day in her life.

I agree that public school system needs some changes. But hiring someone who doesn't have clue teaching or education isn't the solution.

DeVos doesn't even want to make public schools better. She wants to get rid of them altogether. She's a staunch advocate of charter schools but many of them are worse than public schools.
She's not an insider who will preserve the status quo of bad public schools that fail to teach children. THAT'S why you oppose her.

Shame on you!!!

nonsense.... she's a GOP insider, dum dum... gave millions to your little nutty candidates.

normal people oppose her because she doesn't know anything about education.

but then again, why would you want people educated, they reject rightwingnuts when they're educated

Thank you Mike Pence and good to see they Republicans who need to be defeated, without losing a confirmation!

Another stinging loss for the democrats.

Tillerson.....confirmed
Devoss..confirmed

Maybe one day democrats will get their heads out of their asses, but keep protesting and blocking everything........er Trying to block everything. Lolololololololol
Thank you Mike Pence and good to see they Republicans who need to be defeated, without losing a confirmation!

Tillerson.....confirmed
Devoss..confirmed

Maybe one day democrats will get their heads out of their asses, but keep protesting and blocking everything........er Trying to block everything. Lolololololololol

I voted for Trump, and I would have blocked her. She has no experience in education, and like he couldn't find someone with a background in education? It's nothing but payback and Trump's starting to disappoint early on.

The woman was treated unfairly by the Democrats. It was another sore loser hissy-fit. Democrats better be careful, they're getting close to crossing a line. There's legitimate opposition, then there's sore loser hate. And most Americans don't like the sore loser hate stuff.

When somethi

So that's a reason to deny parents the choice of a different school, a charter school or a voucher to go to a private school of their choice? WHY?
Sure...let parents have a choice....let public schools have a choice too. But why should the government pay for a private citizen's school choice? I thought the RW was against mooching off the government teat.
There is something elitist about giving a parent who is already footing private school tuition his/her taxes back so they can keep more money. But without the gummit tit letting a poor person have some share of what the state pays per pupil, they would not have the means to pay a charter school.
Nope....people pay thru property taxes INCLUDING those without school age children.....giving their money back too?

The woman was treated unfairly by the Democrats. It was another sore loser hissy-fit. Democrats better be careful, they're getting close to crossing a line. There's legitimate opposition, then there's sore loser hate. And most Americans don't like the sore loser hate stuff.

Yeah, those Dems expected her to know about education and thats not fair

Like holding up a SCOTUS nominee from even getting a review for one year?

The Republicans didnt want to waste their political capital on Kids because....fuck those guys

Tillerson.....confirmed
Devoss..confirmed

Tillerson.....confirmed
Devoss..confirmed

I voted for Trump, and I would have blocked her. She has no experience in education, and like he couldn't find someone with a background in education? It's nothing but payback and Trump's starting to disappoint early on.
I voted for him in the primary but not in the general just because of shit like this. I'm all for charters and vouchers. But there are state superintendants administering programs like that right now. But he gives the job to a donor, whom even some evangelical groups weren't excited about.

She didn't deserve that treatment. I hope it comes back to bite the Democrats.

So...how do you fix public schools that: a) have some motivated parents but lots and lots of unmotivated parents if parents in the picture at all, and
A great way to motivate parents is to involve them in the decision-making. Let students and parents choose their school and you'll get more interested parents.

b) how do you start consequences for actions of students when they are not held back, they are not held accountable for their behaviors at all
Students (and school administrators) should be more accountable.

As a teacher I am extremely disappointed.
Only bad teachers and bad schools have to fear school choice.

Why do you want to deny students and their parents choices?

There's nothing wrong with choice. But our public schools should be equally good so parents don't have to worry about which school to send their kids. Vouchers are just putting a band aid on a wound.

The goal should be to improve public schools. Places like England and Finland have excellent public schools because there is a lot of effort and care for their public school system.

And charter and private schools tend to have less regulation which could actually make them worse than some public schools.

Yeah because people who arent qualified should be treated like Scholars or you'll cry. Who cares if its about educating our kids...Whats more important is to be nice to people! While they destroy your childs future. Have some manners

Oh really?

A new study of charter schools shows that they are making a meaningful difference for underserved kids in many of our nation’s cities, but it also highlights new challenges for the movement.

Researchers at Stanford University’s Center for Research on Education Outcomes, or CREDO, released the new report yesterday, which looks at the impact of charter schools in 41 urban areas. The researchers used a rigorous research design that compares learning gains for students enrolled in charter schools to those of similar students in traditional public schools in their districts.

On net, the findings are good news for charter schools: Across the 41 cities studied, students in charter schools learned significantly more than their peers attending traditional public schools – 40 more days worth of learning in math, and 28 more in reading.

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/knowl...charter-schools-making-a-difference-in-cities

Somebody is scared and protecting their job.

I do not teach in a public school. I haven't taught in one for about 4 years now. So I'm not afraid of losing my job.

I admit public schools need changes, but getting rid of them completely doesn't solve the problem. Charter schools can be more selective on what kind of students they have. Public schools cannot. So some charter schools may perform better than the average public school. Once you start allowing more kids into charter schools, you will wind up with the same problem as public schools.

I agree that charter schools help underprivileged children who excel but cannot afford private school. However, it doesn't solve the core issue with the average public school student.

The issue is that Americans as a whole have to start viewing education more seriously and learning needs to be put back on the student. In places in Japan and India, students are held accountable for their grades. There's no blaming of teachers and their parents do not accept anything below a A. I can't tell you how many times I've had students who didn't do homework, absent at least once a week got an F and then their parents come to me whining about their child failing.

Secondly, teachers should have more qualifications and it should be treated like the medical field . In Finland teaches need to have a masters degree to teach. This ensures that the teacher is highly qualified and is able to give his or her students a quality education.

Shunning public schools and stuffing kids in charter schools isn't the answer.
So, who said they want to get rid of public schools?

Handing out vouchers to charter and private schools is trying to phase public schools out. Her goal should be to revamp the public education system. Most other 1st world nations have top notch public school systems.

Tillerson.....confirmed
Devoss..confirmed

This isn't a loss for Democrats. It's a loss for every student in America. This woman is not only unqualified, she's uneducated, and can't form a proper sentence. Much like her boss.

If you think this appointment is a good choice, you're more interested in sticking it to Democrats than with fixing education problems.
If liberals are against it, than it's good for our country!
What wonderful RW logic. Private RW school?
Yes teach them arithmetic, english, history, science, and a trade.
Not the social issues like being gay is okay. That if your a boy that wants to be a girl, use The girls locker room. Then maybe college students wouldn't riot if they don't get their way, or need a safe place. Educate our children, don't indoctrinate.

These things are already taught in schools. You think teachers spend the whole day teaching social studies or something ?

Any dumbass hypocrite Libtards who shut down school vouchers, school choice, call Republicans elitist and bloated up union teacher's salaries should be required to send their kids to the shitty schools they created.

Teacher's salaries are bloated? Starting salary for teachers is around $32,000. That's a bloated salary ? Not every public school is bad. The higher the tax bracket is, the better the public schools tend to be. Perhaps the goal should be to make all public schools equally good. Handing out vouchers to a charter or private school that may or may not be better is risky.

Shame on you!!!

I oppose her because charter and private schools doesn't solve the core issue.

Last edited:
For Maine there is no hope.

In Alaska, Senatoress Lease-a-Murkowski has just signed up for a bitter, extremely expensive primary.

One she could avoid by simply coming clean and changing parties.

The Left hates anyone who threatens their monopolistic hold on our education system

It will, she did not deserve the job, she bought it.

Oh really?

A new study of charter schools shows that they are making a meaningful difference for underserved kids in many of our nation’s cities, but it also highlights new challenges for the movement.

Researchers at Stanford University’s Center for Research on Education Outcomes, or CREDO, released the new report yesterday, which looks at the impact of charter schools in 41 urban areas. The researchers used a rigorous research design that compares learning gains for students enrolled in charter schools to those of similar students in traditional public schools in their districts.

On net, the findings are good news for charter schools: Across the 41 cities studied, students in charter schools learned significantly more than their peers attending traditional public schools – 40 more days worth of learning in math, and 28 more in reading.

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/knowl...charter-schools-making-a-difference-in-cities

Somebody is scared and protecting their job.

I do not teach in a public school. I haven't taught in one for about 4 years now. So I'm not afraid of losing my job.

I admit public schools need changes, but getting rid of them completely doesn't solve the problem. Charter schools can be more selective on what kind of students they have. Public schools cannot. So some charter schools may perform better than the average public school. Once you start allowing more kids into charter schools, you will wind up with the same problem as public schools.

I agree that charter schools help underprivileged children who excel but cannot afford private school. However, it doesn't solve the core issue with the average public school student.

The issue is that Americans as a whole have to start viewing education more seriously and learning needs to be put back on the student. In places in Japan and India, students are held accountable for their grades. There's no blaming of teachers and their parents do not accept anything below a A. I can't tell you how many times I've had students who didn't do homework, absent at least once a week got an F and then their parents come to me whining about their child failing.

Secondly, teachers should have more qualifications and it should be treated like the medical field . In Finland teaches need to have a masters degree to teach. This ensures that the teacher is highly qualified and is able to give his or her students a quality education.

Shunning public schools and stuffing kids in charter schools isn't the answer.
So, who said they want to get rid of public schools?

Tillerson.....confirmed
Devoss..confirmed

This isn't a loss for Democrats. It's a loss for every student in America. This woman is not only unqualified, she's uneducated, and can't form a proper sentence. Much like her boss.

If you think this appointment is a good choice, you're more interested in sticking it to Democrats than with fixing education problems.
If liberals are against it, than it's good for our country!
What wonderful RW logic. Private RW school?
Yes teach them arithmetic, english, history, science, and a trade.
Not the social issues like being gay is okay. That if your a boy that wants to be a girl, use The girls locker room. Then maybe college students wouldn't riot if they don't get their way, or need a safe place. Educate our children, don't indoctrinate.

These things are already taught in schools. You think teachers spend the whole day teaching social studies or something ?

Any dumbass hypocrite Libtards who shut down school vouchers, school choice, call Republicans elitist and bloated up union teacher's salaries should be required to send their kids to the shitty schools they created.

Teacher's salaries are bloated? Starting salary for teachers is around $32,000. That's a bloated salary ? Not every public school is bad. The higher the tax bracket is, the better the public schools tend to be. Perhaps the goal should be to make all public schools equally good. Handing out vouchers to a charter or private school that may or may not be better is risky.

Shame on you!!!

I oppose her because charter and private schools doesn't solve the core issue.
There are graduating kids that cannot read. No, the public education is a failure.

Forum List

Back