Devout Christians should not be prevented from engaging in NCAA sports.

The Bible is God's word, Jesus lived by it.

Everything after the book of John is Paul's words.

Sorry, no.

"1 In the beginning was the Word (Jesus), and the Word (Jesus)was with God, and the Word (Jesus) was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

Sorry son, Jesus is the entirety of the Word.

The problem is some of these supposed Christian schools seem to have forgotten that they are not supposed to be following the Old Testament, but the New Testament, which does not condemn adultery, homosexuality, or anything really. Some things may be sins, but Christians are not supposed to judge or force anyone else to act any particular way.
Only the evil Old Testament does that, so then it is not Christian.

The New Testament condemns homosexuality, read Romans

Epic fail

I have read Romans. I think Paul has a LOT of issues, and he never once spoke with Jesus. I'm not a fan.

If homosexuality is such a grave sin in the eyes of God, why is there no mention of it in the 10 Commandments? Why do radical right wing evangelicals place such an emphasis on banning homosexuality, and yet barely mention Adultery, upon which there is a prohibition in the 10 Commandments?

God says nothing in the Big 10 about homosexuality, and everything about lying, adultery, stealing and murder, and yet evangelicals don't seem to have a problem with any of these things. Only something which God didn't consider important enough to mention when he set down his laws.

Bakers aren't refusing to bake wedding cakes for Adulterers, liars, thieves, or blasphemers. Yet God considered these sins to be the WORST sins imaginable. Other than adultery, there were no prohibitions on other "lustful" or "shameful" behaviour.
The problem is some of these supposed Christian schools seem to have forgotten that they are not supposed to be following the Old Testament, but the New Testament, which does not condemn adultery, homosexuality, or anything really. Some things may be sins, but Christians are not supposed to judge or force anyone else to act any particular way.

Epic fail
Paul condemns it. Jesus never did.

No it is NOT. It is written by MEN, inspired by God, but their personal prejudices abound.

In addition to which, the English language versions of these Biblical texts weren't even translated from the original texts. They were translations of translations, that had passed through numerous translators' hands, each of whom added their own personal interpretations to their translations of the originals.

Especially when speaking of sexual matters, the language is seldom direct, except in the 10 Commandments - Thou shall not Commit adultery.

So I ask again, if evangelicals are SO consumed with unforgiveable sins, why are they so obsesses with homosexuality, and not the behaviours which are outright banned in the 10 Commandments?

I've been a Presbyterian Church Elder for more than 20 years, and was a Sunday School teacher for 10 of those years. Let's talk about the Biblical references to sexual behaviour, the beginning of life, and other religious matters shall we?

Sorry, no.

"1 In the beginning was the Word (Jesus), and the Word (Jesus)was with God, and the Word (Jesus) was God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

That's written by someone who knows nothing about Jesus or religion. You've just quoted random verses:

King James Version
And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

Darby Bible Translation
And the light appears in darkness, and the darkness apprehended it not.

World English Bible
The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness hasn't overcome it.

Young's Literal Translation
and the light in the darkness did shine, and the darkness did not perceive it.

Which is the correct version?

Sorry, no.

That's written by someone who knows nothing about Jesus or religion. You've just quoted random verses:

King James Version

Darby Bible Translation

World English Bible

LOL, It's what my degree is in honey. You approach in unbelief, I approach it in belief. John says Jesus is the Word the He's the Word. You view it from out of the Darkness, I am speaking from the light, Sorry.

I have read Romans. I think Paul has a LOT of issues, and he never once spoke with Jesus. I'm not a fan.

You're a fascist.

You view government and the rulers of government as your god.

One thing about the Nazi left, you'll have no gods above your Reich.

If homosexuality is such a grave sin in the eyes of God, why is there no mention of it in the 10 Commandments? Why do radical right wing evangelicals place such an emphasis on banning homosexuality, and yet barely mention Adultery, upon which there is a prohibition in the 10 Commandments?

God says nothing in the Big 10 about homosexuality, and everything about lying, adultery, stealing and murder, and yet evangelicals don't seem to have a problem with any of these things. Only something which God didn't consider important enough to mention when he set down his laws.

Bakers aren't refusing to bake wedding cakes for Adulterers, liars, thieves, or blasphemers. Yet God considered these sins to be the WORST sins imaginable. Other than adultery, there were no prohibitions on other "lustful" or "shameful" behaviour.

In fact old testament admonitions against homosexuality are plentiful.

No it is NOT. It is written by MEN, inspired by God, but their personal prejudices abound.

In addition to which, the English language versions of these Biblical texts weren't even translated from the original texts. They were translations of translations, that had passed through numerous translators' hands, each of whom added their own personal interpretations to their translations of the originals.

Especially when speaking of sexual matters, the language is seldom direct, except in the 10 Commandments - Thou shall not Commit adultery.

So I ask again, if evangelicals are SO consumed with unforgiveable sins, why are they so obsesses with homosexuality, and not the behaviours which are outright banned in the 10 Commandments?

I've been a Presbyterian Church Elder for more than 20 years, and was a Sunday School teacher for 10 of those years. Let's talk about the Biblical references to sexual behaviour, the beginning of life, and other religious matters shall we?

I understand that you're a bigot and you serve the Reich, and the Reich alone, but which "evangelicals" (you're showing your age, that was the bigotry of the 90's ) claim that homosexuality is an "unforgivable sin?" I'm an agnostic, but have no need to lie about Christians. You're a bigot and what you claim is false.

King James Version

Darby Bible Translation

World English Bible

They all say the same thing?

Perhaps this will help you?

Sorry, no.

King James Version

Darby Bible Translation

World English Bible

As an aside you don't have to convince me of your unbelief it's on display for all to see. You don't worship Jesus, you believe in a different jesus. With the venom and hatred you spew for any type of morality but your own there is nothing Christian about you.

As I said earlier in the thread: Just because you hate what someone is saying it does not mean someone is being hateful. Sometimes the hate is in you.
And like I've said, that is great advice for the left to apply to themselves.

Religious colleges are the ones expelling students for things like sex, so they are the ones being hateful.
Christians don't believe homosexuality, and sex before marriage are biblical, so they don't allow those things on their campuses. You guys seem to be confused about something. Just because Christians do not like homosexuality doesn't mean they hate the person doing it. Kind of the "hate the sin, not the sinner" cliche.

Just like the bakery incident where you guys said that the baker was being hateful. The baker stated that he would have sold them any cake already in the store but would not participate in the wedding by baking a cake specifically for the ceremony.

Also, you would call the college hateful for not allowing gay people into their college, but wouldn't call it hateful if the government forced them to accept gay people against their religious beliefs.

You're really talking more about the more conservative Christians, which Oral Roberts is one. I agree with your point there, I'm just saying you generalized Christians too widely. Gay isn't an issue for most Christians today, and frankly neither is premarital sex.

My wife is a conservative Christian, I'm a very liberal Christian (Church of the Brethren, Quaker) so we've split our time between them and I really see both sides. Even at her conservative churches we've gone to, there are a few intolerant blowhards who probably do hate gays (and everyone else), but you're totally right that even there, most people don't hate gays and don't have any problem with them at all. They consider it up to God, not themselves to work it out with them.

I certainly don't see any issue with consenting adults who are hurting no one
Well, no. The tennents of a religion don't change, its the acceptance of the members that vary. So, for any religion based on the Bible, homosexuality is wrong, but the people will generally have varying degrees of acceptance.

Even the faculty at oral Robert's probably have varying personal beliefs on the matter, but if it is a rule of the school, and the school is trying to adhere to biblical teachings, then, they have the right to make those rules.

Epic fail

Epic fail

That made me snicker...then roll my eyes

Epic fail

Epic fail

Committing adultery is in the 10 commandments. Adultery being sex outside of marriage, which homosexuality would be. Also, the Bible defined marriage between a man and a woman when it talks about a man leaving his parents and cleaving to his wife, and in genesis when God made Eve to be a help mate for Adam.

Also, homosexuality was mentioned in Genesis, in the story of Sodom and Gomorrah.

Sorry, no.

King James Version

Darby Bible Translation

World English Bible

LOL, It's what my degree is in honey. You approach in unbelief, I approach it in belief. John says Jesus is the Word the He's the Word. You view it from out of the Darkness, I am speaking from the light, Sorry.

Translation: you begin with your conclusion and then adjust your findings to fit.

Committing adultery is in the 10 commandments. Adultery being sex outside of marriage, which homosexuality would be. Also, the Bible defined marriage between a man and a woman when it talks about a man leaving his parents and cleaving to his wife, and in genesis when God made Eve to be a help mate for Adam.

Also, homosexuality was mentioned in Genesis, in the story of Sodom and Gomorrah.

Sodom and Gomorrah had nothing to do with homosexuality.

Ignorance for all to see.

Using the Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John, cite EXACTLY where He did.

LOL, Jesus IS the Word in it's entirety son. Sorry. You can't pull it apart and select what you believe and don't believe.

I know, funny how that works both ways.
It’s the paradox of tolerance. The only criticism you have is that we don’t tolerate intolerance.
No, the criticism i have is that you will condemn someone for not accepting your beliefs, while not accepting someone else's beliefs, and the left is ACTUALLY guilty of trying to force their beliefs on others against their will, churches haven't done that.

Sorry, no.

King James Version

Darby Bible Translation

World English Bible

Translation: you begin with your conclusion and then adjust your findings to fit.

You don't believe in God therefore He doesn't exist. I approach the Word as written.

Forum List

Back