Devout Christians should not be prevented from engaging in NCAA sports.

I have read Romans. I think Paul has a LOT of issues, and he never once spoke with Jesus. I'm not a fan.

You're a fascist.

You view government and the rulers of government as your god.

One thing about the Nazi left, you'll have no gods above your Reich.

You're so full of shit your breath stinks.

PS-Paul never met Jesus, and Paul was an asshole.

Jesus met Paul three times post resurrection as written in Acts, first time on the road to Damascus

I don't think you have a clue what you're talking about.

Why do you sound exactly like uncensored 2008? Did you forget which sock you were using?

Why do you sound exactly like Adolf Hitler?

What you and your filthy Reich are is plain to all.

You are Nazis, you seek to crush all civil rights and establish totalitarianism. You are well on your way to doing it.

Never Again.

That's just classic. Occupied can't believe two posters didn't both recognize him as being a Nazi, LOL. Yeah, must be the same person. What a stupid ass

As I said earlier in the thread: Just because you hate what someone is saying it does not mean someone is being hateful. Sometimes the hate is in you.
And like I've said, that is great advice for the left to apply to themselves.

Religious colleges are the ones expelling students for things like sex, so they are the ones being hateful.
Christians don't believe homosexuality, and sex before marriage are biblical, so they don't allow those things on their campuses. You guys seem to be confused about something. Just because Christians do not like homosexuality doesn't mean they hate the person doing it. Kind of the "hate the sin, not the sinner" cliche.

Just like the bakery incident where you guys said that the baker was being hateful. The baker stated that he would have sold them any cake already in the store but would not participate in the wedding by baking a cake specifically for the ceremony.

Also, you would call the college hateful for not allowing gay people into their college, but wouldn't call it hateful if the government forced them to accept gay people against their religious beliefs.

You're really talking more about the more conservative Christians, which Oral Roberts is one. I agree with your point there, I'm just saying you generalized Christians too widely. Gay isn't an issue for most Christians today, and frankly neither is premarital sex.

My wife is a conservative Christian, I'm a very liberal Christian (Church of the Brethren, Quaker) so we've split our time between them and I really see both sides. Even at her conservative churches we've gone to, there are a few intolerant blowhards who probably do hate gays (and everyone else), but you're totally right that even there, most people don't hate gays and don't have any problem with them at all. They consider it up to God, not themselves to work it out with them.

I certainly don't see any issue with consenting adults who are hurting no one
Well, no. The tennents of a religion don't change, its the acceptance of the members that vary. So, for any religion based on the Bible, homosexuality is wrong, but the people will generally have varying degrees of acceptance.

Even the faculty at oral Robert's probably have varying personal beliefs on the matter, but if it is a rule of the school, and the school is trying to adhere to biblical teachings, then, they have the right to make those rules.

I'm not sure what you started with "no" about since you didn't disagree with anything I said

Committing adultery is in the 10 commandments. Adultery being sex outside of marriage, which homosexuality would be. Also, the Bible defined marriage between a man and a woman when it talks about a man leaving his parents and cleaving to his wife, and in genesis when God made Eve to be a help mate for Adam.

Also, homosexuality was mentioned in Genesis, in the story of Sodom and Gomorrah.

Sodom and Gomorrah had nothing to do with homosexuality.
Sodom and Gomorrah was about a few different things, serxual immorality being one of them, so far as I understand.

However, if that passage doesn't work, the we could look to leviticus

As I said earlier in the thread: Just because you hate what someone is saying it does not mean someone is being hateful. Sometimes the hate is in you.

Religious colleges are the ones expelling students for things like sex, so they are the ones being hateful.
Christians don't believe homosexuality, and sex before marriage are biblical, so they don't allow those things on their campuses. You guys seem to be confused about something. Just because Christians do not like homosexuality doesn't mean they hate the person doing it. Kind of the "hate the sin, not the sinner" cliche.

Just like the bakery incident where you guys said that the baker was being hateful. The baker stated that he would have sold them any cake already in the store but would not participate in the wedding by baking a cake specifically for the ceremony.

Also, you would call the college hateful for not allowing gay people into their college, but wouldn't call it hateful if the government forced them to accept gay people against their religious beliefs.

You're really talking more about the more conservative Christians, which Oral Roberts is one. I agree with your point there, I'm just saying you generalized Christians too widely. Gay isn't an issue for most Christians today, and frankly neither is premarital sex.

My wife is a conservative Christian, I'm a very liberal Christian (Church of the Brethren, Quaker) so we've split our time between them and I really see both sides. Even at her conservative churches we've gone to, there are a few intolerant blowhards who probably do hate gays (and everyone else), but you're totally right that even there, most people don't hate gays and don't have any problem with them at all. They consider it up to God, not themselves to work it out with them.

I certainly don't see any issue with consenting adults who are hurting no one
Well, no. The tennents of a religion don't change, its the acceptance of the members that vary. So, for any religion based on the Bible, homosexuality is wrong, but the people will generally have varying degrees of acceptance.

Even the faculty at oral Robert's probably have varying personal beliefs on the matter, but if it is a rule of the school, and the school is trying to adhere to biblical teachings, then, they have the right to make those rules.

I'm not sure what you started with "no" about since you didn't disagree with anything I said
You said that homosexuality and pre marital see wasn't an issue for most Christians today, I was just responding that, while that may be true for some of the people, it doesn't change the core beliefs of the religion itself.

Why do you sound exactly like uncensored 2008? Did you forget which sock you were using?

Why do you sound exactly like Adolf Hitler?

What you and your filthy Reich are is plain to all.

You are Nazis, you seek to crush all civil rights and establish totalitarianism. You are well on your way to doing it.

Never Again.

That's just classic. Occupied can't believe two posters didn't both recognize him as being a Nazi, LOL. Yeah, must be the same person. What a stupid ass
Why don't you try to troll me with your other persona, maybe that will convince me otherwise.

No, the criticism i have is that you will condemn someone for not accepting your beliefs, while not accepting someone else's beliefs, and the left is ACTUALLY guilty of trying to force their beliefs on others against their will, churches haven't done that.
I don’t honestly care what you believe when it comes to your behavior. You can believe it’s very wrong to be gay or have premarital sex. If that’s how you feel, please do not do those things. I don’t tolerate people who feel like those beliefs have anything to do with someone else. A university who refuses people who don’t share their particular beliefs does not respect other people’s choices and is indeed forcing their will onto others.

No, the criticism i have is that you will condemn someone for not accepting your beliefs, while not accepting someone else's beliefs, and the left is ACTUALLY guilty of trying to force their beliefs on others against their will, churches haven't done that.
I don’t honestly care what you believe when it comes to your behavior. You can believe it’s very wrong to be gay or have premarital sex. If that’s how you feel, please do not do those things. I don’t tolerate people who feel like those beliefs have anything to do with someone else. A university who refuses people who don’t share their particular beliefs does not respect other people’s choices and is indeed forcing their will onto others.
Hey, again, I'm all for churches not forcing their beliefs on people, as long as the liberals don't force their beliefs on people either. Its what I've been saying this whole thread.

Your disbelief of God's word is not my problem. An unbeliever does not get to define the terms of a debate about God's word. Sorry son.

If I was your son, I'd hang myself.

Yet again, because we both know you are incapable of doing so without admitting you're full of shit: Using the Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John, cite EXACTLY where Jesus condemned homosexuality.

Sodom and Gomorrah was about a few different things, serxual immorality being one of them, so far as I understand.

However, if that passage doesn't work, the we could look to leviticus

No, it was the worst possible crime in the desert: inhospitality.

Using the Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John, cite EXACTLY where Jesus condemned homosexuality.

The problem is some of these supposed Christian schools seem to have forgotten that they are not supposed to be following the Old Testament, but the New Testament, which does not condemn adultery, homosexuality, or anything really. Some things may be sins, but Christians are not supposed to judge or force anyone else to act any particular way.
Only the evil Old Testament does that, so then it is not Christian.
Read Romans Chapter 1. It definitely condemns homosexuality!

It's not just us though, half the forum agrees that he's a fascist.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
The problem is some of these supposed Christian schools seem to have forgotten that they are not supposed to be following the Old Testament, but the New Testament, which does not condemn adultery, homosexuality, or anything really. Some things may be sins, but Christians are not supposed to judge or force anyone else to act any particular way.

The New Testament condemns homosexuality, read Romans

Epic fail

Condemning something means saying it is wrong for yourself, not attempting to punish others for doing it.
Christians are not supposed to punish homosexuals.
Punishing others to try to make them act the way you want, is a sin.
Only God is supposed to do that.
The only thing we are supposed to do is defend ourselves from abuse, not abuse others.
I don't know of any Christians that want to punish homosexuals. The Christians I know (and I include myself) are trying to show these homosexuals that homosexuality is a choice, a bad choice. God loves them. He wants them to confess their sin and give it up. My own daughter is a lesbian. Her mother and I were very disappointed when she "came out of the closet". I pray every day for her to give it up. In any case, I will always love her.

Quit preaching hatred and division - problem solved.

I couldn't think of better advice to give to you.

A fascist against "hatred and division." That's classic. Didn't see that one coming. If only you meant it

They are not being hateful. They are just enforcing reasonable standards. Why would these students even want to go to a religious college?

The New Testament condemns homosexuality, read Romans

Epic fail
Paul condemns it. Jesus never did.
Minutia!

The Gay Mafia is the most intolerant special interest group in the country.

"Sexual intercourse is a gift from God that is reserved to married couples." Period. While the level of disapproval visited upon those who violate this principle varies all of the lot, every major religious affiliation in the U.S. concurs with the quoted statement.

Deal with it.

Forum List

Back