Devout Christians should not be prevented from engaging in NCAA sports.

Why do you sound exactly like every other leftist on the board? Did you forget which sock you were using? That's a lot of socks
LOL at the troll. Why the two accounts? One for the laptop and one on the phone?

Why are you a brainless twat who needs Democrats to do your thinking for you?
It's not that I actually care if you have two accounts but you could at least try to make them distinct from one another in some way. Otherwise what's the point?

This is a running schtick to you, huh Gomer? Picking two posters and saying they are the same person.

It's pretty funny when you are identical to every other fascist leftist on the board. None of you have your own brain

Why do you sound exactly like every other leftist on the board? Did you forget which sock you were using? That's a lot of socks
LOL at the troll. Why the two accounts? One for the laptop and one on the phone?

Why are you a brainless twat who needs Democrats to do your thinking for you?
It's not that I actually care if you have two accounts but you could at least try to make them distinct from one another in some way. Otherwise what's the point?

This is a running schtick to you, huh Gomer? Picking two posters and saying they are the same person.

It's pretty funny when you are identical to every other fascist leftist on the board. None of you have your own brain
Call me a nazi again maybe that will help.

The problem is some of these supposed Christian schools seem to have forgotten that they are not supposed to be following the Old Testament, but the New Testament, which does not condemn adultery, homosexuality, or anything really. Some things may be sins, but Christians are not supposed to judge or force anyone else to act any particular way.
Only the evil Old Testament does that, so then it is not Christian.

The problem is some of these supposed Christian schools seem to have forgotten that they are not supposed to be following the Old Testament, but the New Testament, which does not condemn adultery, homosexuality, or anything really. Some things may be sins, but Christians are not supposed to judge or force anyone else to act any particular way.

The New Testament condemns homosexuality, read Romans

Epic fail

You are a Nazi. It's what the Democrat party is now, the fascist party of America

You are a Nazi. It's what the Democrat party is now, the fascist party of America
Nope, you still seem like the same person.

Just because you hate what some people are saying it does not mean they are necessarily being hateful. It's like when someone reminds you of what Jesus said and you want to beat them up. Sometimes the hate is in you.

Just because you ban people from sports because you don't like their religion; just because you expel people for having ideas contrary to the Reich; just because you prohibit speech contrary to party goals, just because congress tries to shut down press that reports critically on them doesn't mean that you're Nazis.

Oh, wait a minute - that's exactly what it means - that you are as a matter of irrefutable fact, Nazis.

Fuck all Nazis.

No one has banned anyone from sports. Playing sports on Sunday doesn't ban anyone from playing sports at all. If you choose not to play sports on Sunday because it violates your religious beliefs, that's the essence of "freedom of religion". You're free to choose your own beliefs and adhere to your own principles.

But you can't claim victimhood for your own choices and beliefs. You made your choice. You don't get to force the rest of us to make the same choice. Especially when doing so, would limit the available playing time and actually reduce both the numbers of teams which could play, and would probably completely eliminate a 15th ranked team from playing at all.

What Oral Roberts University seems to be saying is they want to play with the cool kids, but they want everyone else to play by their rules. That's not how it works. If you want to join a league, you play by the league rules. If those rules are not acceptable to you, find a league with rules that you can live with, or make your own league with your own rules.

Freedom of religion means the rest of us are free from YOUR religion, and you are free to do as you believe - within the limits of the law. When I have vegetarian friends over, I have a vegetarian option, but it doesn't mean I have to go meatless.

A Jewish friend once said to me he figured that Easter wasn't a very important Christian holiday and I was shocked by this. My response was that not only was Easter an important Christian holiday, it was THE most important holiday in Christianity. It's the belief in the Crucifiction and the
This is the liberals wanting to cancel the university. It has nothing to do with sports. That's just the punishment du jour.

Nothing liberal about it. You can't be a liberal then say and do illiberal things.

Liberal, progressive, left, global. All the same. And they are destroying our country...

If liberals are "destroying your country", why is every economic crash in the past 100 years under the helm of a Republican President, operating under a Republican tax code?

If liberals are "destroying your country", why has the middle class declined since 1980, and cratered in 2020? Every time conservatives crash the economy, America turns to Democrats to patch it up and get it back on the rails.

Nothing fails like Republican economic policies.
If this is fact and not emotion...then why do republicans win every other cycle (give or take)?

Republicans have lost the popular vote in every Presidential election save one since 2000, and yet they've held the White House for 12 of the past 20 years.

In 2020 the Republican Party had no platform, no plans, no agenda, nothing but Trump, and his record of incompetence and chaos. In response to losing the election, their first instinct isn't to get rid of Trump and develop new ideas and a platform to appeal to a wider swath of voters, it's to stop minorities and the poor from voting in large numbers before the next election.

When Obama was in office, 70% of the talking heads on the MSM and FOX News were Republicans slamming the Obama economic recovery as the "worst recovery in American history", when in fact it was the best. The longest, most successful, most sustained recovery in American history, and one that Trump took credit for the moment he took office.

Then you have a large billionaire owned right wing media with a vested interest in keep tax cutting Republicans in office. Look at the fact check record for FOX, or Breitbart, or the Sinclair network. All of those privately owned media corporations are pushing Republican policies because their owners are billionaires - the only class of people who do actively benefit from Republican governance.

It's a combination of all of those things, but the American people are waking up to the basic dishonesty of Republicans and their obsession with white power at this point in history. And what's it's costing the country in both the short and long term.
You're free to choose your own beliefs and adhere to your own principles.

You don't get to force the rest of us to make the same choice

Freedom of religion means the rest of us are free from YOUR religion, and you are free to do as you believe

Yes yes yes!! Your post is full of truths and great ideas! So, this means you'll apply all of those ideas to your forcing your beliefs on other people, correct?

No one is forcing their beliefs on Christian Universities, but under their current belief structures, they don't qualify for membership in the NCAA. Just like gay couples don't qualify to attend Oral Roberts University because they can't meet the "community standards" pledge the University requires. Oral Roberts University doesn't meet "community standards" that the NCAA requires.

What is absolutely hilarious is that you fail to see the irony in this.
What i mean is, Christians can't force their beliefs on you, so you shouldn't force your beliefs on them, right?

When have Christians failed to force Christian beliefs on the rest of the nation? Christian religious holidays - Christmas, Good Friday, Easter, are public holidays. What other religion closes down the nation to celebrate their holidays? There used to be laws requiring businesses to be closed on Sundays, so Christians could go to Church, too.

Conservatives have used the Bible to argue in favour of slavery, against bi-racial marriage and gay marriage. It's also been used to refuse rights to women and minorities. Until recently the Mormon Church would not allow either blacks or Native Americans to hold office in their Church.

Americans have pushed back and based their laws on secular concerns regarding rights for non-white, women and gays, but recently the independent and wealthy "mega-churches" have aligned themselves behind the Republican Party in return for which the Republicans have adopted policies which are in opposition to rights for women, gays, or minorities.

These independent conservative congregations are preaching a brand of "prosperity Christianity" which has no basis in scripture or Biblical references. Jesus preached AGAINST excessive wealth, and urged followers to sell their possessions and give to the poor. Crystals Cathedrals aren't doing much charity work. The Mormon Church is sitting on billions of dollars in "investments".

These independent churches have been seeking political power for generations, and this is the antithesis of the separation of Church and State. But when they oppose one President as "demonic", but then call Trump "God's chosen one", saying that while not perfect, he wouldn't have been elected if God didn't want him in office. Huh?

Well if someone isn't elected unless God wants them to be elected, then doesn't that mean that God wanted Obama to be elected? Shouldn't they now be supporting President Biden, since Trump would not have lost office unless God wanted him to lose?

These evangelical fringe crazies are on a quest to establish a theocracy in the USA. That's behind their quest to control the courts, and overturn socially liberal laws regarding gay marriage and women's rights. They're brainwashing from the pulpit, demonizing Democrats and leftists are being anti-Christian, which is an utter falsehood. It's time to stop these wealthy so-called "men of God" from seeking political power using the pulpit to sell the idea that Democrats can't be voted for because they're policies are "sinful".

Just read any of Tree's posts. That shit comes straight from the pulpit, and that needs to be stopped. That's exactly WHY the Founders sought to separate Church and State.
When have Christians failed to force Christian beliefs on the rest of the nation? Christian religious holidays - Christmas, Good Friday, Easter, are public holidays. What other religion closes down the nation to celebrate their holidays?

Nobody is forcing you to observe those days. You can take your paid day off and do whatever you desire with it. Its just that most people actually do observe Christmas, or some just observe winter solstice, some just like to spend time with family. The fact remains, you don't have to recognize it. Unless you are suggesting that since some people don't believe in it, it shouldn't be celebrated in public view?

There used to be laws requiring businesses to be closed on Sundays, so Christians could go to Church, too.

But this is no longer the case, right? You should call that a win for your side.

Conservatives have used the Bible to argue in favour of slavery, against bi-racial marriage and gay marriage.

Conservatives, or Christians? Not all conservatives are christian.

What Christians are using the Bible to argue in favor of slavery? I've not heard this, I'd be curious to see a christian today that would suggest slavery should still exist based on biblical principles.

Yeah, Christians are going to argue against gay marriage, so what. Its their right to hold that belief. Do we have legal gay marriage today? Yes, we do. Guess those Christians are not doing to good at forcing their religion on you. Having a belief on something is not the same as forcing it on you.

Until recently the Mormon Church would not allow either blacks or Native Americans to hold office in their Church.

I don't know much about the mormon faith. Is this something in their religious tennents? If you disagreed with this practice, why would a black or native American attend?

but recently the independent and wealthy "mega-churches" have aligned themselves behind the Republican Party in return for which the Republicans have adopted policies which are in opposition to rights for women, gays, or minorities.

What policies have been adopted and implemented in opposition to women, gays, and minorities?

As to the rest of your post, non of that really has anything to do with Christians forcing their region on you. Yes, Christians are going to evangelize and preaching, and they are going to try and influence things to their way, but, as of yet, I don't see them forcing their beliefs on anyone. In fact, I see them losing the battle, since the world is leaning more and more liberal.

We now have, pretty much, nation wide legal gay marriage, protections for gay and transgender people, and those protecting are growing more and more every day, so, what are you worried about? Where is this enforcement of Christian values? Looks like your agenda is the one winning out, it looks like your agenda is the one forcing other people to conform.

It's time to stop these wealthy so-called "men of God" from seeking political power using the pulpit to sell the idea that Democrats can't be voted for because they're policies are "sinful".

What elected officials are saying we shouldn't vote for democrats because they are sinful?

Quit preaching hatred and division - problem solved.

I couldn't think of better advice to give to you.

A fascist against "hatred and division." That's classic. Didn't see that one coming. If only you meant it
As I said earlier in the thread: Just because you hate what someone is saying it does not mean someone is being hateful. Sometimes the hate is in you.
And like I've said, that is great advice for the left to apply to themselves.

Nope, you still seem like the same person.

You already said that. And I said you sound like the same person as every other leftist. You're all fascists

Epic fail

Condemning something means saying it is wrong for yourself, not attempting to punish others for doing it.
Christians are not supposed to punish homosexuals.
Punishing others to try to make them act the way you want, is a sin.
Only God is supposed to do that.
The only thing we are supposed to do is defend ourselves from abuse, not abuse others.

A fascist against "hatred and division." That's classic. Didn't see that one coming. If only you meant it
As I said earlier in the thread: Just because you hate what someone is saying it does not mean someone is being hateful. Sometimes the hate is in you.

Religious colleges are the ones expelling students for things like sex, so they are the ones being hateful.

Epic fail

Condemning something means saying it is wrong for yourself, not attempting to punish others for doing it.
The only thing we are supposed to do is defend ourselves from abuse, not abuse others.

I responded to your idiotic post homosexuality isn't condemned in the New Testament.

Epic fail

Using your definition, we punished people to try to make them bake cakes for homosexuals. There is the sin. No homosexuals were harmed, only Christians...

Religious colleges are the ones expelling students for things like sex, so they are the ones being hateful.
Christians don't believe homosexuality, and sex before marriage are biblical, so they don't allow those things on their campuses. You guys seem to be confused about something. Just because Christians do not like homosexuality doesn't mean they hate the person doing it. Kind of the "hate the sin, not the sinner" cliche.

Just like the bakery incident where you guys said that the baker was being hateful. The baker stated that he would have sold them any cake already in the store but would not participate in the wedding by baking a cake specifically for the ceremony.

Also, you would call the college hateful for not allowing gay people into their college, but wouldn't call it hateful if the government forced them to accept gay people against their religious beliefs.

So don't go to that college, dork. It's a private college.

No colleges in this country are more hateful than the government ones. My daughters are constantly oppressed and silenced by teachers in government universities who freely push socialism and punish anyone who speaks up in dissent.

And you're worried about Oral Roberts? You have no grasp of proportion.

American schools at all levels are dominated by fascist leftists, and you're all hot and worried about ... Oral Roberts. Who tell you what they are before you go there. I mean shit, guy

Well you would worry if your kids were mixing with weirdos like this. University is mainly about drinking,sleeping in and getting laid. Religious fanatics should not interfere with that.

If that’s what you think college is intended for, you’re a buffoon of the highest order.

I didn’t partake in any of those things during the two years I was in college. I still don’t drink 25+ years later. Like in college my lack of sleep is due to being up late and getting up early to get things done. Getting laid has never been a priority in my life.

Christians don't believe homosexuality, and sex before marriage are biblical, so they don't allow those things on their campuses. You guys seem to be confused about something. Just because Christians do not like homosexuality doesn't mean they hate the person doing it. Kind of the "hate the sin, not the sinner" cliche.

Just like the bakery incident where you guys said that the baker was being hateful. The baker stated that he would have sold them any cake already in the store but would not participate in the wedding by baking a cake specifically for the ceremony.

Also, you would call the college hateful for not allowing gay people into their college, but wouldn't call it hateful if the government forced them to accept gay people against their religious beliefs.

You're really talking more about the more conservative Christians, which Oral Roberts is one. I agree with your point there, I'm just saying you generalized Christians too widely. Gay isn't an issue for most Christians today, and frankly neither is premarital sex.

My wife is a conservative Christian, I'm a very liberal Christian (Church of the Brethren, Quaker) so we've split our time between them and I really see both sides. Even at her conservative churches we've gone to, there are a few intolerant blowhards who probably do hate gays (and everyone else), but you're totally right that even there, most people don't hate gays and don't have any problem with them at all. They consider it up to God, not themselves to work it out with them.

I certainly don't see any issue with consenting adults who are hurting no one

Well you would worry if your kids were mixing with weirdos like this. University is mainly about drinking,sleeping in and getting laid. Religious fanatics should not interfere with that.

If that’s what you think college is intended for, you’re a buffoon of the highest order.

I didn’t partake in any of those things during the two years I was in college. I still don’t drink 25+ years later. Like in college my lack of sleep is due to being up late and getting up early to get things done. Getting laid has never been a priority in my life.
No kidding.

No kidding.

.I have no desire to have children. I could not parent under the ridiculous regulations places on parents in this day and age.

Since the proper purpose of a carnal relationship is procreation; and with the number of additional potentially unpleasant consequences of such an interaction, it’s an activity I generally avoid. Even on the uncommon instances when it has been offered.

Forum List

Back