did david gregory break the law on meet the press holding up that magazine

I called it.

yes.gif

^ I saw this posted last night...

My guess, after reading all the quotes and (mis)interpretations is that permission was granted with the stipulation that the mag be empty for the show, but then someone pounced on that idea and said no, the law states that it would still be illegal even if it was empty...without realizing that permission had been granted, the general question was answered correctly for the press, but with the assumption that no other special permission had been granted...
The ATF has no jurisdiction and cannot give anyone "permission", either directly or indirectly, to anyone to break the law in the District or anywhere else.

If that really happened, then NBC is full of retards for not getting something in writing to cover their ass for breaking the District's gun control laws.

That's an opinion quote scoffing at the fauxrage over this specific incident in retrospect, which is not to say what you are concluding it means...

I read somewhere last night that NBC had asked permission and then two conflicting reports saying permission was denied and another saying it was indeed granted... Every time I try to hash out those quotes in different articles, I am reminded how news reporters aren't the best writers, but I digress. lol Now I suspect the DC police are covering their asses on who or if anyone has authority to give access or deny access, etc, but if Gregory was in fact denied permission, yet he chose to "pull this stunt" anyway, I bet he is laughing as he watches the rabid demands for a severe crack down on him... :lol:

Yeah.. because equality in treatment under the law is something you have no interest on.. he is in the media, and liberal, and since he had 'no intention to commit a crime', it is ok.. but another law abiding citizen should just abide by the law or face the consequences, eh??

Ignorance of the situation nor ignorance of the law does not excuse criminal activity... DC has this law, and if I lived in DC (thank God I do not live in Mordor on the Potomac) I would be expected to obey and I would have to also face the music and pay the piper for my mistake if I break the law... I only want equal treatment... I am not arguing whether there should be a ban on those mags or not in that locality

:lol: Is there an equal situation with a news agency who asked permission...?

ASKING permission does not mean a damn thing.. if there was no permission granted, it is against the law... and there was no permission granted.. ignorance of the law is not an excuse to break it... EQUAL TREATMENT UNDER LAW... you don't just get a pass because you're a liberal or a member of the media

Yeah.. because equality in treatment under the law is something you have no interest on.. he is in the media, and liberal, and since he had 'no intention to commit a crime', it is ok.. but another law abiding citizen should just abide by the law or face the consequences, eh??

Ignorance of the situation nor ignorance of the law does not excuse criminal activity... DC has this law, and if I lived in DC (thank God I do not live in Mordor on the Potomac) I would be expected to obey and I would have to also face the music and pay the piper for my mistake if I break the law... I only want equal treatment... I am not arguing whether there should be a ban on those mags or not in that locality

:lol: Is there an equal situation with a news agency who asked permission...?

ASKING permission does not mean a damn thing.. if there was no permission granted, it is against the law... and there was no permission granted.. ignorance of the law is not an excuse to break it... EQUAL TREATMENT UNDER LAW... you don't just get a pass because you're a liberal or a member of the media
They can't grant permission to break the law anyway.

That's an opinion quote scoffing at the fauxrage over this specific incident in retrospect, which is not to say what you are concluding it means...

I read somewhere last night that NBC had asked permission and then two conflicting reports saying permission was denied and another saying it was indeed granted... Every time I try to hash out those quotes in different articles, I am reminded how news reporters aren't the best writers, but I digress. lol Now I suspect the DC police are covering their asses on who or if anyone has authority to give access or deny access, etc, but if Gregory was in fact denied permission, yet he chose to "pull this stunt" anyway, I bet he is laughing as he watches the rabid demands for a severe crack down on him... :lol:

What's he laughing about? He could end up being arrested, and at the very least he has totally discredited the movement to have so-called "assault weapons" and high capacity clips outlawed. He just made it clear that the gun grabbers are all colossal hypocrites when it comes to gun laws. Furthermore, he brought to light the fact that he and the other anti-gun hypocrites send their kids to a school that has extensive armed security - the very security they want to deny to the children of middle class families.

Where do you see David Gregory laughing? I don't think he's been heard from at all.

Oh wait, I know -- is it in the Constitution? :eusa_clap:

Where did I claim I saw Gregory laughing, eh fuckstick? Valerie is the one who made the claim. take it up with her. I think Gregory is making a mess in his pants over this. Don't ask me where I saw Gregory making a mess in his pants. Learn the meaning of phrases like "I think" and "I bet."

What's he laughing about? He could end up being arrested, and at the very least he has totally discredited the movement to have so-called "assault weapons" and high capacity clips outlawed. He just made it clear that the gun grabbers are all colossal hypocrites when it comes to gun laws. Furthermore, he brought to light the fact that he and the other anti-gun hypocrites send their kids to a school that has extensive armed security - the very security they want to deny to the children of middle class families.

Where do you see David Gregory laughing? I don't think he's been heard from at all.

Where did I claim I saw Gregory laughing, eh fuckstick? Valerie is the one who made the claim. take it up with her. I think Gregory is making a mess in his pants over this. Don't ask me where I saw Gregory making a mess in his pants. Learn the meaning of phrases like "I think" and "I bet."

I am speculating since there is a question of whether or not permission was granted, but apparently no doubt that it was asked for, I am guessing IF that is true, then he must have known the choice he was making in defying their denial of permission... Like after they said no, he said to himself oh I'd like to see the gun nuts heads pop off, so I'm gonna do it anyway, haha... Though I doubt that actually happened.

As far as "equal treatment" there is a whole range of penalties under judicial discretion for a reason, and IF he indeed broke a law, he or NBC will most likely just get fined.

I am speculating since there is a question of whether or not permission was granted, but apparently no doubt that it was asked for, I am guessing IF that is true, then he must have known the choice he was making in defying their denial of permission... Like after they said no, he said to himself oh I'd like to see the gun nuts heads pop off, so I'm gonna do it anyway, haha... Though I doubt that actually happened.

As far as "equal treatment" there is a whole range of penalties under judicial discretion for a reason, and IF he indeed broke a law, he or NBC will most likely just get fined.
Asking any LEO for permission to break a law is beyond retarded.

See above. On my planet Valerie is not a "he" name. Duh.

Then all ANYONE should get is fined... you see how that works?? But somehow I think that if an NRA member had one and it was in their weapon while defending their family or property, I don't think many on the left would be screaming for 'just a fine'

It was not NBC who did the action.. NBC is not a person... this Gregory guy did the action, and is responsible for his own actions (something leftists do not like to hear)

Asking any LEO for permission to break a law is beyond retarded.

Maybe, but we can only speculate that that's what they did. I'd guess what they sought was an opinion -- not permission. Neither police nor the ATF can give permission on a law.

I mean that's what I would seek if I were the producer -- an opinion for guidance.

Then all ANYONE should get is fined... you see how that works?? But somehow I think that if an NRA member had one and it was in their weapon while defending their family or property, I don't think many on the left would be screaming for 'just a fine'

It was not NBC who did the action.. NBC is not a person... this Gregory guy did the action, and is responsible for his own actions (something leftists do not like to hear)

David Gregory (or any talking head) doesn't do their show in a vacuum all by himself. The Producer calls the shots, sets up the talent and the content, and clears any hurdles like this. The talent (Gregory in this case) just deals with the interview itself and depends on the Producer for having all this set up in advance. Including the legal issues.

We're not watching a human named David Gregory on the screen. We're watching a team effort. He's just the head you see.

See above. On my planet Valerie is not a "he" name. Duh.

Why do you assume I was referring to Gregory rather than what Valerie said about him?

You really are one deliberately stupid jackass.

It's pointless even to respond to you because your whole stick seems to be to deliberately confuse everyone who is following your threads.

In England they have come up with more creative ways to kill since guns are banned there. Glassing. Stabbing people in the eyes with shards of glass. The mentally ill will always find a way to kill.

Bundy used firewood logs, but strangling was his favorite way to kill. So his own hands were his best weapon.

30 victims.

The green river killer used the victims own clothing to strangle them.
Or what ever he found at the crime scene, rocks.

48 victims.

It's not the guns. It's the sick mind that kills.

David Gregory (or any talking head) doesn't do their show in a vacuum all by himself. The Producer calls the shots, sets up the talent and the content, and clears any hurdles like this. The talent (Gregory in this case) just deals with the interview itself and depends on the Producer for having all this set up in advance. Including the legal issues.

We're not watching a human named David Gregory on the screen. We're watching a team effort. He's just the head you see.

It doesn't matter. If the magazine was real, then someone broke the law and that person or persons should be arrested. We have video evidence that Gregory violated the law. Perhaps others need to be arrested as well.

Last edited:

It doesn't matter. If the magazine was real, then someone broke the law and that person or persons should be arrested for this. We have video evidence that Gregory violated the law. Perhaps others need to be arrested as well.

Is reading like, illegal on your island?

That post was directly in response to this--

It was quoted right in the same post.

Say, does your big brother know you're using his picture for an avatar? :razz:

In England they have come up with more creative ways to kill since guns are banned there. Glassing. Stabbing people in the eyes with shards of glass. The mentally ill will always find a way to kill.

Bundy used firewood logs, but strangling was his favorite way to kill. So his own hands were his best weapon.

30 victims.

The green river killer used the victims own clothing to strangle them.
Or what ever he found at the crime scene, rocks.

48 victims.

It's not the guns. It's the sick mind that kills.

Thanks for that imagery -- reminds me of Michael O'Donohue on Saturday Night Live :badgrin:

On your point, may I refer you to this post. It's too long to post here, and off the topic.:eusa_angel:

Cheers.

And I work in a team environment at my job... now, if I am ORDERED to do something illegal, I could POSSIBLY get off the hook, but not entirely likely as I am also responsible for my own actions....

And I work in a team environment at my job... now, if I am ORDERED to do something illegal, I could POSSIBLY get off the hook, but not entirely likely as I am also responsible for my own actions....

Your key phrase is "ordered to do something illegal". That means you have to know you'd be doing something illegal. What I'm saying is that in this case that question would have been investigated and resolved by Gregory's producer -- not by David Gregory. That's just the figurehead we see on the screen.

Then all ANYONE should get is fined...
you see how that works?? But somehow I think that if an NRA member had one and it was in their weapon while defending their family or property, I don't think many on the left would be screaming for 'just a fine'

:lol: I see exactly how that works. You are not the Judge, see how THAT works?

It doesn't matter. If the magazine was real, then someone broke the law and that person or persons should be arrested for this. We have video evidence that Gregory violated the law. Perhaps others need to be arrested as well.

Is reading like, illegal on your island?

That post was directly in response to this--

It was quoted right in the same post.

Say, does your big brother know you're using his picture for an avatar? :razz:

Another nonsensical response from POGO the moron. My post was a response to your claim that Gregory wasn't individually responsible. That's what you were trying to claim.

Please try to follow the discussion, especially your own special idiotic posts.

Your key phrase is "ordered to do something illegal". That means you have to know you'd be doing something illegal. What I'm saying is that in this case that question would have been investigated and resolved by Gregory's producer -- not by David Gregory. That's just the figurehead we see on the screen.

Sorry, but that doesn't absolve Gregory. If you don't know possession of Marijuana is against the law, and you get caught with it because someone told you it was legal, does that mean you aren't going to jail?

Nope.

Forum List

Back