Did Sessions unthinkingly perjure: IOW, did he delibrately lie or not?

RW media has been all over this issue today, and with a very few exceptions (notably Rush), the comments have been (1) a denial was made, (2) the leakers were blamed, (3) then it was admitted, (4) it was defended as no big deal and as a slip, leading to (5) why deny in the first place?

This is very Nixonesque.

I hope it was a slip of a tongue or min d.

" Nixonesque." ROFLMAO If Sessions goes so what?

Let me know when you libtardos are done with your witch hunt which has no impact whatsoever on Trump's Presidency.

At least you have something to cry about for a while, flakey. I would call it a watershed moment. lol
Jake was convinced his gal Hillary was inevitable

I dont think a perjury charge would stick.

But time will tell.
Making something stick is not the point. In fact, it would just be icing on the cake.

The point is to do everything possible, be it moral, legal, ethical or not, to hamper Trump's ability to get things done and especially to prevent him from doing anything that might be construed as successful. Thus, the goal is to tie him up with endless hyperventilating faux outrage at anything that can be twisted to look scandalous and leave the country in misery to hamper his chances at re-election. Winning is all that matters, and Sessions is just the target of the day. Remove him and they'll look for someone else.

The difference now is, Trump is not afraid to get in the mud like previous Republicans. It will be interesting.
ding, ding, ding... nough said.

So why didn't Sessions just say "I met with the ambassador twice, but we just talked about generalities and how we could have better communications.?" It's that fact that Sessions lied

I can't believe with all the legal training and experience, years in the US senate on very important commitees, seeing hundreds of confirmations, that Sessions thought he could get away with lying to the judiciary committee.and there would be no consequences.

So why didn't Sessions just say "I met with the ambassador twice, but we just talked about generalities and how we could have better communications.?" It's that fact that Sessions lied

I can't believe with all the legal training and experience, years in the US senate on very important commitees, seeing hundreds of confirmations, that Sessions thought he could get away with lying to the judiciary committee.and there would be no consequences.
consequences like? And explain what it is you think he did?

because he was asked about meeting with Russian officials in the capacity as a Trump surrogate

no lie was told

It doesn't make a difference what question was asked, Sessions didn't answer Frankens question anyway. But then Sessions answered the question nobody asked, of "did he meet with the russians?"

because he was asked about meeting with Russian officials in the capacity as a Trump surrogate

no lie was told
He travelled as a campaign surrogate to the meeting.

no lie was told

It doesn't make a difference what question was asked, Sessions didn't answer Frankens question anyway. But then Sessions answered the question nobody asked, of "did he meet with the russians?"
just post that question up!

no lie was told
who did?

no lie was told

sure it matters. what court system do you think you have in the US?

consequences like? And explain what it is you think he did?

Sessions reminds me of the kid who broke the cookie jar. And when his mother asks "have you seen your brother?", he yells out "I didn't break the cookie jar."

didn't you hear the answers he gave the press right after he recused himself ?

I don't recall ...

a failing memory breeds trust for any Attorney General.

es

And you are a straight up liar. Period.
Sessions clearly stated what the meetings were, and to the best of his knowledge what it was about.
THIS SAME AMBASSADOR MET WITH OBAMA SEVERAL TIMES AND AT LEAST SEVEN OTHER DEMOCRATS DURING SAME PERIOD....what - no resignations and investigations?????????

I can't figure it out either, especially because there are literally dozens of legit reasons for him to meet the guy even as a campaign surrogate.

And I've joked about Sessions a lot, but I never really thought he was such a bad guy, or dishonest. He made some comments on race that cost him a judgeship, but a lot of people have made worse comments. I have a very hard time thinking he'd involve himself in any financial improprieties Trump may have with the Russians. And I thought his supporting Trump was because he sincerely thinks Trump is right on immigration and law enforcement. And that is not unreasonable, imo.

So, I'm just stumped. It doesn't add up.

no lie was told
who did?
Sessions did. He used campaign dollars.

sure it matters. what court system do you think you have in the US?

It's another Matlock / Perry Mason moment.

Matlock: A hypothetical, if you caught your wife cheating, what would you do?

Witness: I have no idea, but I strangled my first wife, when I caught her.

Should his testimony not be used against him?

Forum List

Back