Did Sessions unthinkingly perjure: IOW, did he delibrately lie or not?

sure it matters. what court system do you think you have in the US?

It's another Matlock / Perry Mason moment.

Matlock: A hypothetical, if you caught your wife cheating, what would you do?

Witness: I have no idea, but I strangled my first wife, when I caught her.

Should his testimony not be used against him?
silly stuff for sure. that makes absolutely no sense to the discussion but nice skating on the ice there Nancy!!!

silly stuff for sure. that makes absolutely no sense to the discussion but nice skating on the ice there Nancy!!!

I know it makes no sense. Neither does Sessions telling the committee that he never talked to the russians.

I know it makes no sense. Neither does Sessions telling the committee that he never talked to the russians.
well again, that isn't what he stated, that's what you think you heard I guess. but that wasn't his answer. you should try harder, cause you're failing bigly

how's he a liar exactly?
Sessions: "... I didn't have — did not have communications with the Russians, and I'm unable to comment on it."
dude, too funny. nice made up quote from him. now when you really want to discuss what he said, you can post his quote not yours.

That was his quote, CNN cleaned it up, so I switched to the transcript.
no it wasn't. again, post his quote not your quote on what you think he said.

here the whole question and the whole answer.

"FRANKEN: OK. CNN has just published a story and I'm telling you this about a news story that's just been published. I'm not expecting you to know whether or not it's true or not. But CNN just published a story alleging that the intelligence community provided documents to the president-elect last week that included information that quote, "Russian operatives claimed to have compromising personal and financial information about Mr Trump."

These documents also allegedly say quote, "There was a continuing exchange of information during the campaign between Trump's surrogates and intermediaries for the Russian government."

Now, again, I'm telling you this as it's coming out, so you know. But if it's true, it's obviously extremely serious and if there is any evidence that anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign communicated with the Russian government in the course of this campaign, what will you do?
SESSIONS: Senator Franken, I'm not aware of any of those activities. I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I didn't have - did not have communications with the Russians, and I'm unable to comment on it."
And the "comment on it" is the story Franken asked about. now, how the fk did he lie? Jeopardy music please.

Last edited:
post the question and answer and let's debate what it all says.

DATE: January 10

Franken: "CNN just published a story alleging that the intelligence community provided documents to the president-elect last week that included information that quote, ‘Russian operatives claimed to have compromising personal and financial information about Mr. Trump.’ These documents also allegedly say quote, ‘There was a continuing exchange of information during the campaign between Trump's surrogates and intermediaries for the Russian government.’

"Now, again, I'm telling you this as it's coming out, so you know. But if it's true, it's obviously extremely serious and if there is any evidence that anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign communicated with the Russian government in the course of this campaign, what will you do?"

Sessions: "Senator Franken, I'm not aware of any of those activities. I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I didn't have — did not have communications with the Russians, and I'm unable to comment on it."

post the question and answer and let's debate what it all says.

DATE: January 10

Franken: "CNN just published a story alleging that the intelligence community provided documents to the president-elect last week that included information that quote, ‘Russian operatives claimed to have compromising personal and financial information about Mr. Trump.’ These documents also allegedly say quote, ‘There was a continuing exchange of information during the campaign between Trump's surrogates and intermediaries for the Russian government.’

"Now, again, I'm telling you this as it's coming out, so you know. But if it's true, it's obviously extremely serious and if there is any evidence that anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign communicated with the Russian government in the course of this campaign, what will you do?"

Sessions: "Senator Franken, I'm not aware of any of those activities. I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I didn't have — did not have communications with the Russians, and I'm unable to comment on it."
finally, thanks, I just posted it as well. Now, exactly what is the question that is actually being asked and did sessions answer that question. He asked about a story and what he'd do. he answered it and stated he couldn't comment on it. 'It' being the alleged story. so please highlight where he asked sessions if he spoke to the russians in that? Jeopardy music again.

finally, thanks, I just posted it as well. Now, exactly what is the question that is actually being asked and did sessions answer that question.

Q: if there is any evidence that anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign communicated with the Russian government in the course of this campaign, what will you do?"

A: Senator Franken, I'm not aware of any of those activities.
I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign
and I didn't have — did not have communications with the Russians,
and I'm unable to comment on it.

finally, thanks, I just posted it as well. Now, exactly what is the question that is actually being asked and did sessions answer that question.

Q: if there is any evidence that anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign communicated with the Russian government in the course of this campaign, what will you do?"

A: Senator Franken, I'm not aware of any of those activities.
I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign
and I didn't have — did not have communications with the Russians,
and I'm unable to comment on it.
"I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign
and I didn't have — did not have communications with the Russians,"

Why would he make that statement? He meant the campaign. Look at the word, it says 'campaign' are you blind?

Why would he make that statement? He meant the campaign. Look at the word, it says 'campaign' are you blind?

Lets agree on the question. Franken asked what he would do if he found evidence that anyone affiliated (advisers, surrogates, campaign officials, trump himself) with the Trump campaign communited with the Russian government.
And since he didn't mean to go back decades, Franken limited the timespan to "in the course of the campaign" or starting June 16, 2015,
Do you agree?

Lets agree on the question. Franken asked what he would do if he found evidence that anyone affiliated (advisers, surrogates, campaign officials, trump himself) with the Trump campaign communited with the Russian government.
And since he didn't mean to go back decades, Franken limited the timespan to "in the course of the campaign" or during 2016.

Do you agree?
yep it was the question, I quoted it for you. funny how is it I wouldn't agree with that?

yep it was the question, I quoted it for you. funny how is it I wouldn't agree with that?

So you agree Sessions was affiliated with the Trump campaign?

And do you agree that Sessions meet with the russians between June 16th 2015 and November 8th 2016

how's he a liar exactly?
Sessions: "... I didn't have — did not have communications with the Russians, and I'm unable to comment on it."
dude, too funny. nice made up quote from him. now when you really want to discuss what he said, you can post his quote not yours.

That was his quote, CNN cleaned it up, so I switched to the transcript.
no it wasn't. again, post his quote not your quote on what you think he said.

here the whole question and the whole answer.

"FRANKEN: OK. CNN has just published a story and I'm telling you this about a news story that's just been published. I'm not expecting you to know whether or not it's true or not. But CNN just published a story alleging that the intelligence community provided documents to the president-elect last week that included information that quote, "Russian operatives claimed to have compromising personal and financial information about Mr Trump."

These documents also allegedly say quote, "There was a continuing exchange of information during the campaign between Trump's surrogates and intermediaries for the Russian government."

Now, again, I'm telling you this as it's coming out, so you know. But if it's true, it's obviously extremely serious and if there is any evidence that anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign communicated with the Russian government in the course of this campaign, what will you do?
SESSIONS: Senator Franken, I'm not aware of any of those activities. I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I didn't have - did not have communications with the Russians, and I'm unable to comment on it."
And the "comment on it" is the story Franken asked about. now, how the fk did he lie? Jeopardy music please.
They're pretending not to see either the question or the answer in context.

They're pretending Franken asked something like "did you meet with Russians at any time at all, either in or out of campaign surrogate context?"

They sense political advantage, so they're ignoring the obvious context.

We'll see how the investigations pan out. There's just not enough evidence yet.

They're pretending Franken asked something like "did you meet with Russians at any time at all, either in or out of campaign surrogate context?"

Lets agree on the question.
Franken asked what he would do if he found evidence that anyone affiliated (advisers, surrogates, campaign officials, trump himself) with the Trump campaign communicated with the Russian government.
And since he didn't mean to go back decades, Franken limited the timespan to "in the course of the campaign" or between June 16, 2015 and Nov 8, 2016.

Forum List

Back