🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Did The Great Flood Really Happen?

Did the Great Flood really happen? - Living Faith - Home & Family - News - Catholic Online

Many Christians today argue the flood story is only a myth. It is a cautionary tale, not intended for literal interpretation. What's important, they say, is that we accept the lessons in the story rather than the story itself. There is merit to this approach. The story has no value if we ignore the lessons it teaches.
I don't have any position on the theology of the Flood but, unless it was a supernatural event unlike any before or since, historically there was no global flood. There is no geological evidence for it and no natural forces that could cause such a global flood.

The burckle crater on the bottom of the indian ocean under 11,000 feet of water dated to the approximate time of gilgamesh is 25 times larger than meteor crater in arizona. The impact would have instantly vaporized billions of metric tons of water into the atmosphere causing a worldwide deluge that lasted for weeks, sweeping away every village,town or city built near rivers and streams and washes, worldwide, not to mention the immediate mega tsunamis that would have swept away all coastal civilizations.

According to scripture the next time the earth, including the atmosphere, will be destroyed is by fire, which would be the result of a similar impact on land or a larger one on the ocean again.

Got a serious link to that crater, or did you make this up with dingbat?

I never believed that the entire planet was flooded. But in the world of the people of Israel everything was wiped out. And considering the fact that they didn't have airplanes or modes of travel that could go around the globe....to them the entire world was flooded.
Precisely. It is fact that in Hebrew, the words used for planet and earth are different. In Hebrew the earth (that is the ground) was covered, not the planet. Perhaps a better question about the flood is, Why didn't Noah say a word until after the flood? And, what were those words?

Why didn't Noah say a word until after the flood? And, what were those words?
Noah was a prophet. He preached a warning message.

We all know how satan's children treat God's prophets

We see it here. The vast majority reject the WORD OF GOD

Last edited:
No, the evidence totally supports what I believe. The Bible clearly teaches that the human race is depraved. It is you who disregards the obvious.

So God created us in his image and made us depraved??? LOLOL.. You sure you don't want to rethink that?
Christians have so distorted Israel's scriptures, no wonder they're so confused.

No, the evidence totally supports what I believe. The Bible clearly teaches that the human race is depraved. It is you who disregards the obvious.

So God created us in his image and made us depraved??? LOLOL.. You sure you don't want to rethink that?
Christians have so distorted Israel's scriptures, no wonder they're so confused.
Hogwash. The Old Testament is what it is.
The focus of most Christians is the New Testament.
The distortion comes from atheists and Muslim sympathizers.

He preached a warning message.
Are there any Biblical quotes from Noah from the time God asked him to construct the Ark until the time he spoke to one of his sons? What were they?
The bible alone doesnt list every conversation and every deed. There are other sources that allude to the Works of Noah. But Gen 6:3 alludes that the condemned had 120 years to repent. Something God knew they werent going to do anymore than this generation will repent.

Even here, no minds will change. That's why all some of us can do is provide information and let it go. People will do what they're gonna do.

Rejecting the clear Word of God tells me most will not change.

2000 BC was the time of Moses......Noah was roughly 1500 years before that.

Ussher used the Biblical geneologies to calculate the date of the flood at 2348 BCE. The Exodus happens around 1440 BCE.

As I stated before, several other world civilizations were around in 2348 BCE, and they didn't notice being submerged.

The distortion comes from saying that man is both depraved and made in God's image. It comes from saying that God literally made man from a clump of dirt. It comes from saying the impossible can happen, like a worldwide flood and a giant city nearly the size of the moon descending on Palestine.

The distortion comes from Christians injecting their 21st-century Western worldviews into ancient Near East culture.

Jesus Christ gave the biblical account His stamp of approval when He said, "AS IT WAS IN THE DAYS OF NOAH, SO SHALL IT BE WHEN THE SON OF MAN COMES."

The children of satan will always find a way to dismiss these clear scriptures

2000 BC was the time of Moses......Noah was roughly 1500 years before that.

Ussher used the Biblical geneologies to calculate the date of the flood at 2348 BCE. The Exodus happens around 1440 BCE.

As I stated before, several other world civilizations were around in 2348 BCE, and they didn't notice being submerged.
Yes....and you can find their official testimony at the Daily Kos.
Weird how you say the flood happened in 2348 BC but yet there's no evidence of it happening then. How strange.

I think taking what one person says about the flood and ignoring all others is normally what libs like to do.
It's why they've proved to be so gullible.
They only believe what fits into their ideology.

The distortion comes from saying that man is both depraved and made in God's image. It comes from saying that God literally made man from a clump of dirt. It comes from saying the impossible can happen, like a worldwide flood and a giant city nearly the size of the moon descending on Palestine.

The distortion comes from Christians injecting their 21st-century Western worldviews into ancient Near East culture.
Hahahahahah. LOL@!!!!!

Christians aren't the first folks to translate the words of the Bible. Christianity didn't form until thousands of years after it was written.....so stop trying to blame all of the world's evils on them.

After the flood.. less than 200 years later.. the whole earth had been repopulated and you have the Tower of Babel. What did atheists and Muslims have to do with those facts as written in the Bible?

Did the Great Flood really happen? - Living Faith - Home & Family - News - Catholic Online

Many Christians today argue the flood story is only a myth. It is a cautionary tale, not intended for literal interpretation. What's important, they say, is that we accept the lessons in the story rather than the story itself. There is merit to this approach. The story has no value if we ignore the lessons it teaches.
Of course the time of civilization was between the Euphrate's and Tigris river. There was a great flood that almost wiped out all of that area, so yeah, it was written....
They were not the only ones. Other civilizations, seemingly most, that could document this have a great flood in their history. And who knows how many were never found and are underwater somewhere. Ocean levels are much higher today.

Jesus Christ gave the biblical account His stamp of approval when He said, "AS IT WAS IN THE DAYS OF NOAH, SO SHALL IT BE WHEN THE SON OF MAN COMES."

The children of satan will always find a way to dismiss these clear scriptures

Why wouldn't Jesus reference a story that everyone knew? That's what a teaching narrative does. If I say to you, "He's like the boy who cried wolf", you know what I am talking about.

Of course the time of civilization was between the Euphrate's and Tigris river. There was a great flood that almost wiped out all of that area, so yeah, it was written....
They were not the only ones. Other civilizations, seemingly most, that could document this have a great flood in their history. And who knows how many were never found and are underwater somewhere. Ocean levels are much higher today.

LOLOL.. hundreds of years apart.

Jesus said it did.

I'm a Christian. I believe Him over today's "christian" teachers whom Christ said would be judged HARSHLY for teaching false doctrine
Then most Christians are fucked, as they created the "allegory" nonsense, to keep up with reality.
Sort of like most atheists are fucked because they read allegorical texts literally?
I would assume all atheists are fucked. Do some atheists get a "get out of hell" free card? Is it like the immigration lottery?
Or is that something else you just made up like the "allegories?" :lol:

Allegories explain things humans don't know or understand. Perhaps the tale of Adam and Eve is about the time period when humans stopped trusting o God's providence and began to cultivate crops and tend livestock.

Of course that took place 14,000 years earlier, but the story is still an explanation.
Allegories is something the religious cling to when science provers their hand-me-down, cherry picked fables written by desert savages, are proven wrong.
Ancient man knew 6,000 years before science that the universe was created from nothing, was the result of stages and that man arose from that creation.

If you weren't such an intellectually dishonest militant atheist you'd have seen it too.

Jesus said it did.

I'm a Christian. I believe Him over today's "christian" teachers whom Christ said would be judged HARSHLY for teaching false doctrine
Then most Christians are fucked, as they created the "allegory" nonsense, to keep up with reality.
Sort of like most atheists are fucked because they read allegorical texts literally?
I would assume all atheists are fucked. Do some atheists get a "get out of hell" free card? Is it like the immigration lottery?

Allegories explain things humans don't know or understand. Perhaps the tale of Adam and Eve is about the time period when humans stopped trusting o God's providence and began to cultivate crops and tend livestock.

Of course that took place 14,000 years earlier, but the story is still an explanation.
Allegories is something the religious cling to when science provers their hand-me-down, cherry picked fables written by desert savages, are proven wrong.
Ancient man knew 6,000 years before science that the universe was created, what we see was the result of stages and that man arose from that creation.

Of you weren't such a militant atheist who was intellectually dishonest, you'd have seen it too.

Why wasnt creation an allegory? :lol:

Jesus said it did.

Ancient man knew 6,000 years before science that the universe was created, what we see was the result of stages and that man arose from that creation.

Of you weren't such a militant atheist who was intellectually dishonest, you'd have seen it too.

Why wasnt creation an allegory? :lol:
The creation account was allegory, dummy.

Forum List

Back