Did The Great Flood Really Happen?

"For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be" -- Jesus
After the rains came and drowned the wicked, the righteous were left to inherit the earth. It's a new beginning, in other words. Noah means new beginning.

Jesus connected this to the final new beginning, or new creation, when he would come to judge apostate Judea.

He applied the flood story to his own people. Like everyone in his day, no one ever mentioned anything on the other side of the planet. Everything had local and regional implications.

I think the flood story is really just another covenant creation story.
Why would Noah spend 120 years building an ark if the flood wasn't worldwide and killed every last human being? Besides, Jesus said it was real. Believe your own excuses or believe the eye witness

The Bible stories exaggerate everything.. That's the nature of story telling.

The Bible tells the truth and demonstrates lies to be lies. There is no doubt in my mind that the FLOOD had a great impact on this planet, in ways we are still discovering but miss the association with that event.

There is no world wide flood footprint. Morality tales aren't lies. Do you think Aesop's Fables are lies?
To tell a tale to demonstrate values is not a lie. To say that a story actually happened when it didn't is a lie. No one suggests that Aesop's Fables are anything but illustrations. However, there is enough evidence to demonstrate that the FLOOD was a worldwide event. And Jesus HIMSELF accepted it as factual.

There is zero evidence for a worldwide flood. .. and God knows there are abundant core samples taken all over the ME.

This is just silly.. 30 million years ago Arabia was an inland sea. Have you ever heard of tectonic plates?

Western Interior Seaway - Wikipedia

The Western Interior Seaway (also called the Cretaceous Seaway, the Niobraran Sea, the North American Inland Sea, and the Western Interior Sea) was a large inland sea that existed during the mid- to late Cretaceous period as well as the very early Paleogene, splitting the continent of North America into two landmasses, Laramidia to the west and Appalachia to the east. The ancient sea stretched f
Yes, I've heard of Tectonic plates. Have you ever considered GOD and that the FLOOD triggered all this?

"For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be" -- Jesus
After the rains came and drowned the wicked, the righteous were left to inherit the earth. It's a new beginning, in other words. Noah means new beginning.

Jesus connected this to the final new beginning, or new creation, when he would come to judge apostate Judea.

He applied the flood story to his own people. Like everyone in his day, no one ever mentioned anything on the other side of the planet. Everything had local and regional implications.

Why would Noah spend 120 years building an ark if the flood wasn't worldwide and killed every last human being? Besides, Jesus said it was real. Believe your own excuses or believe the eye witness

The Bible tells the truth and demonstrates lies to be lies. There is no doubt in my mind that the FLOOD had a great impact on this planet, in ways we are still discovering but miss the association with that event.

There is no world wide flood footprint. Morality tales aren't lies. Do you think Aesop's Fables are lies?
To tell a tale to demonstrate values is not a lie. To say that a story actually happened when it didn't is a lie. No one suggests that Aesop's Fables are anything but illustrations. However, there is enough evidence to demonstrate that the FLOOD was a worldwide event. And Jesus HIMSELF accepted it as factual.

There is zero evidence for a worldwide flood. .. and God knows there are abundant core samples taken all over the ME.

This is just silly.. 30 million years ago Arabia was an inland sea. Have you ever heard of tectonic plates?

The Western Interior Seaway (also called the Cretaceous Seaway, the Niobraran Sea, the North American Inland Sea, and the Western Interior Sea) was a large inland sea that existed during the mid- to late Cretaceous period as well as the very early Paleogene, splitting the continent of North America into two landmasses, Laramidia to the west and Appalachia to the east. The ancient sea stretched f
Yes, I've heard of Tectonic plates. Have you ever considered GOD and that the FLOOD triggered all this?

Nope. About 12 years go the Red Sea got 26 feet wider quite suddenly because of rift activity at the Arabian Plate.

The flood of legend was in the Euphrates River Basin about 2900 BC.. When Spring snowmelt from the mountains combined with heavy spring rains. It happened from time to time.. That's what built the delta below Basra.

Did the Great Flood really happen? - Living Faith - Home & Family - News - Catholic Online

Many Christians today argue the flood story is only a myth. It is a cautionary tale, not intended for literal interpretation. What's important, they say, is that we accept the lessons in the story rather than the story itself. There is merit to this approach. The story has no value if we ignore the lessons it teaches.
Well....we always found sea shells in Montana when I was a kid....so there may be something to it.

Of course 30 million years ago there was an inland sea. Nothing todo with Noah.
REally.....were you here then?

Hahahaha.. Forget science or geology.
Here is science, geology, and the Bible:

Did the Great Flood really happen? - Living Faith - Home & Family - News - Catholic Online

Many Christians today argue the flood story is only a myth. It is a cautionary tale, not intended for literal interpretation. What's important, they say, is that we accept the lessons in the story rather than the story itself. There is merit to this approach. The story has no value if we ignore the lessons it teaches.
Jesus said it did.

I'm a Christian. I believe Him over today's "christian" teachers whom Christ said would be judged HARSHLY for teaching false doctrine
Then most Christians are fucked, as they created the "allegory" nonsense, to keep up with reality.
Sort of like most atheists are fucked because they read allegorical texts literally?
I would assume all atheists are fucked. Do some atheists get a "get out of hell" free card? Is it like the immigration lottery?
Or is that something else you just made up like the "allegories?" :lol:

Well....we always found sea shells in Montana when I was a kid....so there may be something to it.

Did you actually read your link?

Pangea happened 100 million years ago.

Peleg lived 100 years after the flood. How was the earth, to include China, repopulated in less than 200 years?

Bible Archaeology requires you to bend yourself into a pretzel.

Jesus said it did.

I'm a Christian. I believe Him over today's "christian" teachers whom Christ said would be judged HARSHLY for teaching false doctrine
Then most Christians are fucked, as they created the "allegory" nonsense, to keep up with reality.
Sort of like most atheists are fucked because they read allegorical texts literally?
I would assume all atheists are fucked. Do some atheists get a "get out of hell" free card? Is it like the immigration lottery?

Allegories explain things humans don't know or understand. Perhaps the tale of Adam and Eve is about the time period when humans stopped trusting o God's providence and began to cultivate crops and tend livestock.

Of course that took place 14,000 years earlier, but the story is still an explanation.

Jesus said it did.

Allegories explain things humans don't know or understand. Perhaps the tale of Adam and Eve is about the time period when humans stopped trusting o God's providence and began to cultivate crops and tend livestock.

Of course that took place 14,000 years earlier, but the story is still an explanation.
Allegories is something the religious cling to when science provers their hand-me-down, cherry picked fables written by desert savages, are proven wrong.

providence and began to cultivate crops and tend livestock.

Of course that took place 14,000 years earlier, but the story is still an explanation
Dont forget, Man wandered out of Africa and not Mesopotamia even though the Africans never developed out of the Wood Age, fabricating tools from sticks like apes today do :auiqs.jpg:

Jesus said it did.

Allegories is something the religious cling to when science provers their hand-me-down, cherry picked fables written by desert savages, are proven wrong.

I wouldn't go that far. Allegories are pretty universal.

We know that somebody was building stone granaries in Jordan 14,000 years ago and storing chickpeas. At some point the hunter-gatherers advanced to agriculture .. A story, like Adam and Eve, puts that in a context that relates to God or the gods and tries to answer the question "where did we come from".

providence and began to cultivate crops and tend livestock.

Of course that took place 14,000 years earlier, but the story is still an explanation
Dont forget, Man wandered out of Africa and not Mesopotamia even though the Africans never developed out of the Wood Age, fabricating tools from sticks like apes today do :auiqs.jpg:

Well, in KSA they found the same stone tools that have been found in East Africa .. They date to 130,000 years ago.

Jesus said it did.

We know that somebody was building stone granaries in Jordan 14,000 years ago and storing chickpeas. At some point the hunter-gatherers advanced to agriculture .. A story, like Adam and Eve, puts that in a context that relates to God or the gods and tries to answer the question "where did we come from".
I would. The cop out is convenient. Ill give them that.

Jesus said it did.

Cop out?

Jesus said it did.

Cop out?
yeah.. idk if that was the best terminology lol

Nope. About 12 years go the Red Sea got 26 feet wider quite suddenly because of rift activity at the Arabian Plate.

The flood of legend was in the Euphrates River Basin about 2900 BC.. When Spring snowmelt from the mountains combined with heavy spring rains. It happened from time to time.. That's what built the delta below Basra.
Nope. The FLOOD of Noah's time was far greater!

Consider that most timelines suggest that "The Flood" may have been within the past 13-15,000 years
The Flood occurred about 2,000 BC
2000 BC was the time of Moses......Noah was roughly 1500 years before that.

There sure were lots of babies in baskets o the Nile.
Only one of note tho...

Sargon and Sinuhe were also caste adrift on the Nile and found by Pharaoh's daughter.
Wow.....and did they free some Hebrew slaves as well?

There is no world wide flood footprint.
Don't waste your time with Nipples. He is going to repeat the same lies over and over, no matter how many times you debunk them or how much effort you put into debunking them.

Remember when you tried to say people didn't take these myths literally? Well...meet Nipples. And recant what you said.

How sad for him.. A story that illustrates a profound truth is not a lie ..
There it is. That's how information was passed down in ancient times. Through story telling. They made the accounts memorable so that they would be remembered. I have no doubt at all that there is some element of truth in the account of a great flood. Whatever it was was extraordinary such that it was noteworthy enough of a historical event that it was deemed worthy of being passed down. Anyone who reads the account literally or dismisses it all together is not thinking critically.

Strictly speaking fiction isn't true so they have taken me to task on that, but IMO great storytelling does convey truth.
Yes....saying there was no proof of election fraud and that the unarmed Jan 6th rioters were insurrectionists. That's fiction.

Peleg lived 100 years after the flood. How was the earth, to include China, repopulated in less than 200 years?

I never believed that the entire planet was flooded. But in the world of the people of Israel everything was wiped out. And considering the fact that they didn't have airplanes or modes of travel that could go around the globe....to them the entire world was flooded.

If each generation only doubled the population (4 children per woman), it would take roughly 32 generations, or about 1,000 years, to go from 2 people to about 4 billion.

It's called moving the goalposts. Scientifically, the flood never happened, so now you move the goalposts and it's now an allegorical story, useful for the lesson it teaches, which is, if the bible makes no sense, just change the meaning at will.

Forum List

Back