Did Trump really disrespect dead soldiers?

I also want to add that maybe he DID say that. It would be surprising but not entirely shocking. It just seems questionable y'all. Surely not every criticism of Trump is entirely accurate, right?

No not at all. So you have to evaluate the plausibility

Such as, the Russian Pee Hookers thing is improbable, because Trump is a massive germaphobe.

This one, on the other hand, is very probable, given

Disrespectful things he's said about military members in the past.
His tendency to say nasty stuff about people who threaten his self-esteem.
The fact that he belittled service in Vietnam by comparing it to his own avoidance of VD in the 80's.
His general lack of empathy for the suffering of others.
His lack of impulse control.

So, yeah, it's very likely that when presented with the possibility of having to be troubled with a visit to a cemetery that would have required a long drive or a dodgy helicopter trip, he might have blurted out something like that.

We already know he's lied about one aspect of this incident, that he claims he felt terrible about not being able to go and called home to Melania about it...

When Melania was actually with him on the trip.

I also want to add that maybe he DID say that. It would be surprising but not entirely shocking. It just seems questionable y'all. Surely not every criticism of Trump is entirely accurate, right?

No not at all. So you have to evaluate the plausibility

Such as, the Russian Pee Hookers thing is improbable, because Trump is a massive germaphobe.

This one, on the other hand, is very probable, given

Disrespectful things he's said about military members in the past.
His tendency to say nasty stuff about people who threaten his self-esteem.
The fact that he belittled service in Vietnam by comparing it to his own avoidance of VD in the 80's.
His general lack of empathy for the suffering of others.
His lack of impulse control.

So, yeah, it's very likely that when presented with the possibility of having to be troubled with a visit to a cemetery that would have required a long drive or a dodgy helicopter trip, he might have blurted out something like that.

We already know he's lied about one aspect of this incident, that he claims he felt terrible about not being able to go and called home to Melania about it...

When Melania was actually with him on the trip.

It could have happened, but I think your bias is preventing you from seeing how suspect this allegation really is.

It could have happened, but I think your bias is preventing you from seeing how suspect this allegation really is.

The problem is, it isn't suspect at all. It isn't like someone said, "Trump strangled a puppy and then roasted it on a fire and ate it." Yes, that would be a suspect allegation.

That he disrespected members of the military, when he has a whole history of disrespecting people, when he sees the whole world divided between "winners" and "Losers", (and himself as the ultimate "winner, of course) combined with the fact that he DID NOT SHOW UP AT THIS FAIRLY IMPORTANT CEREMONY. Then, no, it's not really suspect at all.

It's not on camera and he claims he didn't do it. He said some disrespectful stuff about McCain in the past, but they also had a personal beef due to McCain dissing Trump publicly. I have to admit it seems like a rather strange thing to say out loud even for Trump, and it's a little suspicious that it surfaced right before the election. I'm not saying he definitely did or didn't say it, but my bullshit alarm is definitely whirring on this one.

It's not just McCain. (by the way, the McCain stuff WOULD be bad enough on it's own)

It's what he's said about various flag officers, even ones who have been on his own cabinet.
It's what he's said about his brother Fred who joined the Air National Guard.
It was his callousness when talking to the widow of Sgt. LaDavid Johnson ("He knew what he signed up for". Johnson's wife was in tears.)

The fact was, he DIDN'T go to the ceremony at Belleau Wood.

Trump's long history has been one of disrespecting people who intimidate him, who he feels threatened by. The guy is by any definition just an awful person.

He's a guy who reacts to 180,000 Covid deaths with "It is what it is!" He simply lacks the basic human empathy most decent people have.

It's not enough that you just think it seems like something Trump would say. It's an allegation, and a suspicious one right before an election. If Trump really said that it would be a whole new level of disrespect. It seems strange. It's hard to imagine he'd say that out loud even if he does believe it.
It's true.... And yes President Trump would say something like that....it's part of his Narcissistic Disorder....

He dodged the draft with a fake doctor's excuse of bone spurs, while his fellow classmates, served, and even died.

In his demented head, he has to make the other guys who courageously served, as "lesser than him, fools".....

His niece said it is true. And we've seen his readiness to disparage dedicated military men, if it serves his purpose.... LIKE him disparaging Gen Mattis, Gen Kelly, Col Vindman, and the Gold star parents....the Kahns.....

Then there is Marla Maples and Tiffany...their daughter's child support reads she would get like $100k a month, until something like 25 years old, unless she got married or JOINED the military, and Donny junior wanted to join the Military and Trump told him that he would be disinherited, if he did such, according to his niece...

And also, it is the way Trump talks and thinks.... it's always in terms of winners and LOSERS....or suckers.

It's all about, the Love of Money with him too.... what's in it for these enlisted men, to join, when they get paid shit for it?

Then you have two or three additional news stations going out and finding their own trusted, people in the know sources, to confirm The Atlantic story, including a respected FOX News journalist who said her two unnamed sources, were unimpeachable.

It's suspect because there's not actually any proof and the timing is too outrageous. Right before the election? Really?

Uh, guy, we've had four years of stories about Trump's bad behavior. Most presidents have one scandal that defines their presidencies. Trump it's more like, "What did he do this week".

By the time the election rolls around, I estimate that we will have five more scandals with his outrageous behavior being documented. The last gasp of a dying political movement.

Then, no, it's not really suspect at all.

It's suspect because there's not actually any proof and the timing is too outrageous. Right before the election? Really?

It's because of the fucking election. This fucking democratic trash will say or do anything. It was on the news when
he was in France. He didn't go to the final cemeery becaue of the weather. He did go to one when he first
arrived there.

John McCain deserves all the disrespect anybody can throw at him. There are other POW's that say McCain was a
collaborator. You look at photos of those POW's who returned home after 6 or more years of captivity and then look
at McCain. There is a big difference in appearance.

It's not on camera and he claims he didn't do it. He said some disrespectful stuff about McCain in the past, but they also had a personal beef due to McCain dissing Trump publicly. I have to admit it seems like a rather strange thing to say out loud even for Trump, and it's a little suspicious that it surfaced right before the election. I'm not saying he definitely did or didn't say it, but my bullshit alarm is definitely whirring on this one.

He made a JOKE regarding Mc Cain.

Which is no problem. If someone says something bad about Trump, Trump responds. We don't have a door mat in the office thank God.

no we have a draft dodging bone spur craven in office...why hasnt he stood up to putin about anything...bounties on american soldiers etc trump has said nothing...he is a door mat for putin

Don’t you just love it? Everyone throws mud during an election and you have people who are gullible enough to believe everything about the other parties candidate.
I remember all the crazies on this board calling Trump out for bone spurs. Calling him things like commander bone spurs. Claiming it was terrible that he got a deferment. When it was pointed out that Biden got one too it was ok because everyone that had money got one. Suddenly it was considered no big deal to have gotten a deferment.

If the report was a lie, and Trump never said any of the things in it, then why did Trump assume and blame John Kelly for being the anonymous source? If it is totally untrue, then there would be no "real" source, especially not John Kelly. So by Trump blaming Kelly, that means Trump is basically admitting he did indeed make the statements and that John Kelly was a person that was present when he made them all.

You must believe the women.....err, reporter!

If it is totally untrue, then there would be no "real" source

You don't think a former Trump official would make a false report?

You totally missed the point. Go back and read what I said again. If it is totally untrue, and Trump never said anything that was in it, then how would he know who to blame? He wouldn't know who was around every time he never supposedly made the statements...

how would he know who to blame?

Maybe he suspects that person of spreading a lot of bullshit. The connection you're trying to make doesn't make sense.

It makes perfect sense. The report says there was a very limited number of people present to witness it firsthand... which would make it easy to narrow down who could be the anonymous source, BUT if the report is untrue and Trump never said it, then there is no way to know who to blame, BECAUSE IT WOULD HAVE NEVER HAPPENED.

By Trump blaming Kelly, he is admitting he knows who was one of the few people that was present when he made each of the statements. It is basic logic.

• Thanks
Reactions: JLW
how would he know who to blame?

Maybe he suspects that person of spreading a lot of bullshit. The connection you're trying to make doesn't make sense.

It makes perfect sense. The report says there was a very limited number of people present to witness it firsthand... which would make it easy to narrow down who could be the anonymous source, BUT if the report is untrue and Trump never said it, then there is no way to know who to blame, BECAUSE IT WOULD HAVE NEVER HAPPENED.

By Trump blaming Kelly, he is admitting he knows who was one of the few people that was present when he made each of the statements. It is basic logic.
There is nothing out of character with Trump calling our dead servicemen losers. That is who Trump is. Trump has a disdain for any selfless act. Those that keep denying Trump’s maliciousness are just making fools of themselves. Trump has made enough cruel statements to reveal his character. It is no secret what kind of human trash Trump is.

No, he didn't say it. He has never denigrated a group of people in his whole life. There are thousands of hours of him on tape and not once has he ever attacked a group, or class of people.

He attacks INDIVIDUALS, and he does so without mercy, but he has never attacked a group of people.

Forum List

Back