Did you Support War in Iraq??

Did you support the War in Iraq?

• Yes

Votes: 27 32.5%
  • No

Votes: 56 67.5%

• Total voters
I am seriously wondering why so many Saddam apologists forget that the war started when Saddam invaded Kuwait. Of course NO ME nation felt safe after that. They weren't.

That W went in in 2003 was a consequence of the FAILED strategy of "wishing" that the Iraqis would depose the tyrant. The mistake there is obvious, but if it needs spelling out then leaving the apparatus of a terror state in place ended in HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of dead Iraqis. Methinks Clinton dropped the ball when he COULD have stopped it but he didn't. By the time W came along Saddam had eliminated virtually all opposition that could have taken the next step. Iraq was a hard lesson but it has still some time to play out. With Biden now Pres I expect it to flare up again.

Greg
Iraq has always been a troubled Nation since it's founding in 1958. The British along with the French, carved it out of the Middle Eastern provinces and allowed it to become independent. Unfortunately, there would have been better off divided into three countries. A Kurdish nation in the North, Sunnis in the West, and Shias in the South. They are all basically warring tribes that don't get along. The only reason it's stayed together so long as one country is because they had a powerful autocrat in charge. Saddam was in charge for 24 years. No one seemed to care that he was worthless and barbaric to his own people, enforcemented like all autocrats he eventually went psychotic and invaded another country seeking even more power and influence in the area. Then his notoriety finally was noticed and dealt with. George HW Bush did the right thing by not going into the country, but he should have insisted on a regime change to his liking. Then the worst of what was to come could have been avoided. Given the mix, that would be very optimistic at best. I don't believe there is a workable solution for Iraq in its present state.

Forum List

Back