Zone1 Diversity is our strength - happy pride (?)

Mortimer

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2010

A widely visible sign of solidarity in the Pride month of June - the rainbow balcony of the Hofburg. 🏳️‍🌈
These colors of joy of life, the colors of a large, strong movement for equal rights and against hatred, remind us that the appreciation of diversity and its respect and acceptance are essential elements of our liberal democracy.
Every person has the right to live free from discrimination, violence and hatred, regardless of who they love. Discrimination and violence against LGBTIQ people must not be tolerated. Right now, especially today: Let’s not give hate any place in our society!
Diversity is our strength.
Happy Pride!

MORTIMER:

As a religious Christian, I also like the rainbow, the rainbow is a symbol of diversity and a promise that God gives to people after the flood. After the flood, the nations and peoples come into being through the sons of Noah and their families. First, we all descend from Adam and Eve and then from Shem, Ham and Japheth, the sons of Noah and their families. For me that's Reggenboggen, but there are also rules in the Torah and the Bible that humanity should adhere to. Like not blaspheming God. Just an example. Diversity of sexual practices is not thought of when I like the rainbow.

There are many types of diversity, the first thing that comes to mind is skin color for example. That there are people with different skin colors, or different languages, religions and origins. When I think of diversity, I don't necessarily immediately think of the diversity of sexual lifestyles. There is a lot of focus and reduction on sexuality, so diversity is the diversity of having sex with whomever and whenever and wherever or having one's gender changed. For me it doesn't really have anything to do with human rights or "identity". You could now also set rules about "kosher sexuality" such as men and women when they are married, for me that would be a rule that you can set and then say you should live by, for me that wouldn't be a violation of human rights. Rather, it is a violation that such rules are eliminated and banned and even freedom of conscience is censored, that someone can no longer use their common sense, that a man cannot be a woman, for example. And this also means diversity of opinions are lost. There is one opinion, one flag, one symbol, an ideology. The rainbow flagg. Just my thoughts.

A widely visible sign of solidarity in the Pride month of June - the rainbow balcony of the Hofburg. 🏳️‍🌈
These colors of joy of life, the colors of a large, strong movement for equal rights and against hatred, remind us that the appreciation of diversity and its respect and acceptance are essential elements of our liberal democracy.
Every person has the right to live free from discrimination, violence and hatred, regardless of who they love. Discrimination and violence against LGBTIQ people must not be tolerated. Right now, especially today: Let’s not give hate any place in our society!
Diversity is our strength.
Happy Pride!

MORTIMER:

As a religious Christian, I also like the rainbow, the rainbow is a symbol of diversity and a promise that God gives to people after the flood. After the flood, the nations and peoples come into being through the sons of Noah and their families. First, we all descend from Adam and Eve and then from Shem, Ham and Japheth, the sons of Noah and their families. For me that's Reggenboggen, but there are also rules in the Torah and the Bible that humanity should adhere to. Like not blaspheming God. Just an example. Diversity of sexual practices is not thought of when I like the rainbow.

There are many types of diversity, the first thing that comes to mind is skin color for example. That there are people with different skin colors, or different languages, religions and origins. When I think of diversity, I don't necessarily immediately think of the diversity of sexual lifestyles. There is a lot of focus and reduction on sexuality, so diversity is the diversity of having sex with whomever and whenever and wherever or having one's gender changed. For me it doesn't really have anything to do with human rights or "identity". You could now also set rules about "kosher sexuality" such as men and women when they are married, for me that would be a rule that you can set and then say you should live by, for me that wouldn't be a violation of human rights. Rather, it is a violation that such rules are eliminated and banned and even freedom of conscience is censored, that someone can no longer use their common sense, that a man cannot be a woman, for example. And this also means diversity of opinions are lost. There is one opinion, one flag, one symbol, an ideology. The rainbow flagg. Just my thoughts.

Maybe in Europe is diversity a strength, but here in the United States(notice the first word United), as long as we are one we are strong. When you start dividing groups of people, then they are easily duped into very bad eating habits...

Maybe in Europe is diversity a strength, but here in the United States(notice the first word United), as long as we are one we are strong. When you start dividing groups of people, then they are easily duped into very bad eating habits...
I agree to some degree, but i think you missed the whole point or what i really say, and specifically about lgbtqia+.

True. The 'rainbow' only represents the sexual diversity (perversion, confusion) of these groups.

"There once was a queer from Khartoum,
Who took a lesbian up to his room,
But they argued all night, over who had the right,
To do what, and with which, and to whom."

Forum List

Back