Do Black Lives Matter Activists Care About the Facts?

Do Black Lives Matter Activists Care About the Facts?

• Yes

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • No

Votes: 35 92.1%
  • Unsure

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.3%

• Total voters
Only if you are an insecure weak white guy who thinks Mayberry really existed.

The chaos in the black community, created by lies means nothing to you?

Created by lies? You mean the lies that convinced white people to believe that God didn't want black people to be equal to them....that they weren't human? The ones that compelled white people impose segregation policies upon black people.....both before and after it became illegal to do so? The lies that allow losers to justify bullshit like "stop and frisk" and condone a system of court fees and fines that is no more than debtors prison?

You are one of the people of limited intellect who believes that liberals have conspired to keep black people down in search of votes...right? Talk about the human mind being able to convince itself of anything. Idiot.

No, I mean lies like, "hands up! Don't shoot!"

How can it be a lie when guys on the scene as it happened said his hands were up? Who disproved this video?

He wasn't surrendering. Everyone who claimed he was has been proven to be lying.

I asked who proved that these guys on the scene at the time it happened were lying? You say others have been proven to be lying...what about these guys who saw it in real time? They were lying too? Why would they?

And how could they have the same lie that others saw too at the time of the shooting?

Created by lies? You mean the lies that convinced white people to believe that God didn't want black people to be equal to them....that they weren't human? The ones that compelled white people impose segregation policies upon black people.....both before and after it became illegal to do so? The lies that allow losers to justify bullshit like "stop and frisk" and condone a system of court fees and fines that is no more than debtors prison?

You are one of the people of limited intellect who believes that liberals have conspired to keep black people down in search of votes...right? Talk about the human mind being able to convince itself of anything. Idiot.

How can it be a lie when guys on the scene as it happened said his hands were up? Who disproved this video?

He wasn't surrendering. Everyone who claimed he was has been proven to be lying.

I asked who proved that these guys on the scene at the time it happened were lying? You say others have been proven to be lying...what about these guys who saw it in real time? They were lying too? Why would they?

And how could they have the same lie that others saw too at the time of the shooting?

Brown never raised his hands in surrender and never said, "don't shoot". Even the DOJ has stated that fact.

It's a lie...live with it.

Only if you are an insecure weak white guy who thinks Mayberry really existed.

To me that "proven to be lying" statement is questionable in light of the above video. The "hands up don't shoot scenario" as shown by the White construction workers moments after the shooting occurred is pretty damning.

Brown never raised his hands in surrender and never said, "don't shoot". Even the DOJ has stated that fact.

The DOJ can say whatever they like but what they say doesnt make the video wrong. They saw it. How did they see something that didnt happen? Which also happens to match many other witnesses there?

Was it a mass hallucination?

The DOJ wasn't there. ANd from what I see in that video, there may have been a conspiracy to make the truth appear to be a lie.

The DOJ wasn't there. ANd from what I see in that video, there may have been a conspiracy to make the truth appear to be a lie.

Dorian Johnson's and the other witnesses admitted that they all lies.

The DOJ can say whatever they like but what they say doesnt make the video wrong. They saw it. How did they see something that didnt happen? Which also happens to match many other witnesses there?

It was admitted by the witnesses to be a lie.

To me that "proven to be lying" statement is questionable in light of the above video. The "hands up don't shoot scenario" as shown by the White construction workers moments after the shooting occurred is pretty damning.

The video doesn't prove anything.

No it wasnt. I would ask you for a link but since its not true you wouldnt be able to supply one.

The video proves they saw it happen at the time of the shooting. Why would you believe a report from the DOJ who wasnt there months later and ignore actual footage at the time?

The video proves they saw it happen at the time of the shooting. Why would you believe a report from the DOJ who wasnt there months later and ignore actual footage at the time?

The other witnesses admitted they lies about Brown surrendering. Why would you cling to an admitted lie? Or, need I ask?

The other witnesses admitted they lies about Brown surrendering. Why would you cling to an admitted lie? Or, need I ask?

You can say that all you want but you cannot prove it because its a lie.

No it wasnt. I would ask you for a link but since its not true you wouldnt be able to supply one.

Yes it was. I would say I'm surprised that you know this, but, I'm not...lol

Ferguson witnesses admit they lied to the grand jury

I can prove it...

I can prove it...

This is a list of general lies such as (From the Article) “Some witnesses admitted they didn’t actually see the shooting, or only saw part of the shooting, or only repeating what they heard on the street.”

Where is the part where they admitted he didnt have his hands up? I'll wait for you to look over the evidence you presented

I can prove it...

This is a list of general lies such as (From the Article) “Some witnesses admitted they didn’t actually see the shooting, or only saw part of the shooting, or only repeating what they heard on the street.”

Where is the part where they admitted he didnt have his hands up? I'll wait for you to look over the evidence you presented

The part where, "Dorian Johnson admitted he lies".

Johnson was the star witness. He was only feet away. If he lied about seeing the events, everyone else's story about seeing those exact same events is bullshit.

The abandonment, by black leadership, of policies which preached empowerment and the switch to policies which emphasize victimization and entitlement seem bizarre and self-defeating to me. I don't find it surprising, though. We started at a post-slavery unemployment rate hovering at about 100%, and now it's about 25%. Still too high, but it shows that improvement is always possible. It's gotten harder, though. The 25% are the hard-core poor. The ones who didn't have the resources available to the Thurgood Marshall's of the old South, who were raised in segregation and fought their way out. Now these inner city neighborhoods are filled with the people who couldn't get out. Put enough of them in any public school and that public school will fail. The permanent underclass.

They are our problem. They are very expensive. We can't ship them to Liberia and we can't kill them. They've got to be trained from birth to become good citizens of a service based economy if we want to break the cycle of poverty, and their poverty is something we all pay for one way or another.

Yeah, but how to you pay for single motherhood? Ask them politely to stop?

Out of Wedlock Birth Rates by Race in 2014 (2015 data not yet complete)
http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr62/nvsr62_03.pdf
Births to Unmarried Women

Whites: 2.9 out of 10 White children were born to a single mother in 2014.
Blacks: 7 out of 10 Black children were born to a single mother in 2014.
Hispanic: 5.29 out of 10 Hispanic children were born to a single mother in 2014.

2015 Welfare Demographics

Welfare Statistics – Statistic Brain
Whites made up 38.8 % of those on welfare in 2015 despite making up 63.7% of the U.S. population
Blacks made up 39.8 % of those on welfare in 2015 despite making up 12.2% of the U.S. population
Hispanics made up 15.7 % of those on welfare in 2015 despite making up 16.3% of the U.S. population
Asians made up 2.4% of those on welfare in 2015 despite making up 4.7% of the U.S. population
Yeah, but how to you pay for single motherhood? Ask them politely to stop?
You do it the same way you do it with anyone else. You educate them. You call hip-hop what it is, a culture of failure. The culture of the permanent underclass. You provide a culture in which they are respected. A culture in which they are supervised. Easier said than done, obviously, but that's the job. It starts with a recognition of just how bad an upbringing people get in the inner cities. Parenting matters. A lot. People love to go on about how much their folks did for them, and rightly so, but then they turn around and dismiss those who had no such support and failed in life as a result. People who are great-grandparents in their forties. Working three jobs to support everyone in her extended family. What can someone like that provide by way of long-term guidance? We've redefined the family in a lot of places, but in the inner cities it's been shredded. It's not easy to fix, but we all lose by ignoring it.

The trouble is that such an initiative cannot come from white people, but a cultural revolution within the black community. How in the world can you expect a people who developed themselves first and foremost as a counterculture in the 60's & 70's to suddenly adopt successful behavior patterns that they rejected long ago?
If you keep sucking all the talent from the community then you can't expect much good to come of the efforts of the talentless ones left behind. The notion that the "counterculture" attitudes of the 60's & 70's were formative of black culture is interesting, but unconvincing to me. Slavery created the strange, broken culture we suffer with today. The poor ones are hip hop culture, the poor black, Hispanic and even Indian kids in an inner city neighborhood adopt hip-hop as protective coloration. What about black middle class life? That's most black people, just as is the case with the white middle class. We know nothing about them.

Why should we expect poor people to be able to suddenly help themselves? To break the cycle of poverty they find themselves trapped in? Why should we expect help for the inner city poor to come from the middle class? That's not how it works. The government and charitable organizations have to try to do something, even if they're completely ineffective.

I dunno, the "legacy of slavery and Jim Crow" theory simply doesn't hold water, whereas during Jim Crow the black employment rate was much higher (higher than whites at some times) and the out of wedlock birth rate was much much much lower. Poor Asian refugees from Vietnam whose parents never seen the inside of the classroom saw a complete transition from rags to riches in only one generation. Southern California is full of wealthy Vietnamese businessmen today. The culture of Hip Hop you speak of is a counter cultural object. The Africanization of names is a countercultural initiative. Adopting different styles of dress that were never a part of the slave/Jim Crow culture or black history is a countercultural initiative.

The idea is to become different for no other reason than to be different whether it leads to bad outcomes or not. Generally there are two types of cultures in the world. Liberal cultures, who often drop their ills in order to adopt newly learned patterns of behavior from other cultures, and Conservative cultures, who often stringently hold on to their culture (warts and all). Black culture in the United States is largely a conservative culture. That's in part why politically they're one large Democrat voting block whereas more liberal whites tend to have various and different political voting blocks.

The Scottish, when taken over by the British, adopted British technology, culture, and education, shortly before becoming a bastion of philosophy and enlightenment. Certainly they hated the Brits, but they weren't too proud to see that the Brits had a more successful system/culture and adopted it quickly. The Japanese, in the days of Commodore Perry, chose to adopt the successful parts of American culture as opposed to resisting imperialism as so many other countries who got taken over did. They became one of the most powerful countries in the world and won a war against China, Russia, and Korea, and rivaled the US in the Pacific. These were liberal cultures. Blacks in the United States currently lack the capacity to drop their bad habits and adopt good ones for fear of selling out their "blackness." Older generation blacks don't do this of course, but they did when they were younger and they lack the ability to stop subsequent generations from following in their footsteps.

With the mountain of evidence of people both in the United States and abroad who were subjugated and oppressed only to turn around within one generation and realize success, the "Legacy of Jim Crow and Slavery" excuse is a bad one indeed. There are many cultures that are able to break the cycle of poverty and surpass the dominant culture in one generation given the environment enjoyed in the United States. There is no reason that blacks cannot do the same.

The idea that the government needs to "try to do something" even though they're failing is odd to me. part of the reason for the massive out of wedlock birth rate among blacks is that they've become comfortable in their poverty. There are no repercussions financially for someone born poor, never aspired to get out of poverty, and doesn't mind living off of the public dole. Before the rise of the welfare state both whites and blacks experienced a much lower rate of single motherhood. So when do we realize that we're feeding the beast and subsidizing bad behavior? And how do we stop subsidizing bad behavior without starving people to death?

The history of black culture in America covers several centuries The 60's and 70's, though extraordinarily consequential, represents a mere slice. The Great Migration era was in many ways as consequential a period as the civil rights period. You seem to be equating flamboyance with character. People became more flamboyant because the times were flamboyant, and because the freedoms brought about by the early sixties civil rights movement emboldened people. It was the end of the era of the "polite negro", at the same time that the Gandhi influenced King was demonstrating how to leverage the moral high ground into political victory. That path requires intelligence and emotional self-control. The Black Panther path requires anger alone. Styles of dress and naming conventions became ways of expressing defiance and anger. That's all just superficial, though. That defiance and anger have been signature, defining characteristics of Black American culture from the first day a slave was dragged off a ship onto our shores. How could it be otherwise?

The cultural integration of blacks into the mainstream of American society has never fully happened. Segregation remains the rule. Black communities have developed for all economic strata. Most of them are above the poverty line. They're not in the hood, because no one who can afford to get out of the hood doesn't do so. No one who leaves the hood ever looks back.

I don't know these people. They're never reflected in our greater American culture, these 75% of the current black communities in this country. It's only Hip Hop culture I know, both because it is the sole segment of Black culture which receives any attention, and because I worked in inner city neighborhoods for ten years. I don't hesitate to call Hip Hop a culture of failure, the product of dysfunctional people. The same dysfunctional people who are manning the battlements for the Black Lives Matter movement.

As far as the "turnaround" time for cultural degradation goes, I see things a little differently. Islamic culture underwent virtually identical downturns to European culture, barbarian invasion and plague, but European culture recovered and Islamic culture still hasn't recovered. After a thousand years. Cultural continuity is a two edged sword. Without it you have Hip Hop culture, a crazy quilt developed by a displaced people. With it you can perpetuate ignorance and a "loser" mentality. Look at Southern whites. The South went from the richest part of the country to the poorest in four years. And there they remain, 150 years later. There's been some recovery, but it's far from complete. That's cultural degradation too.

Japan is an interesting example. I don't see how you can possibly characterize their pre-Perry culture as "liberal", but it was certainly well developed and technological. It was a rigidly stratified culture and essentially an autocracy. They managed to survive the forced end of their isolation, but it wasn't a smooth transition, nor was their transition to member nation of our world culture a smooth one. They made some bad friends, as I recall. Some bad choices.

So what are you saying, that the 25% of black people in America who represent the absurd, dysfunctional culture of America's permanent underclass are deliberately resisting integration into mainstream culture? That like The Outlaw Josie Wales they simply refuse to surrender to us?

They are simply ignorant, not inherently defiant, and there is no cure for ignorance other than education. Educate and assimilate them and their anger will vanish. Dysfunctional cultures cannot prepare human beings for education. By the time we get them at five years old it's far too late. Ignorant people aren't like those who enjoy the cultural continuity prospective parents receive in successful cultures. It takes a village to raise a child, not a cultural wasteland. A culture which throws baby showers, not a lonely fifteen year old who's not sure who the father is. If parenthood is a disaster, the people produced by that process are ruined before they start. Intervention needs to begin the moment these intellectually deprived people are born.

I can prove it...

The part where, "Dorian Johnson admitted he lies".

Johnson was the star witness. He was only feet away. If he lied about seeing the events, everyone else's story about seeing those exact same events is bullshit.

Now you're struggling. I said show me the part that shows anyone lied about his hands not being up. Can you?

Since you cant find that information dont you think you should stop saying something you cannot prove?

Forum List

Back