Do gay people have an ax to grind with Christians?

How do you know you were born gay?

Only damned idiots believe somebody chooses to be Gay.

Of course they choose to be gay. They are born male and female. They simply are happy with their depraved lifestyle.

Horse Shit......that's the view promulgated by the Right and the bible.

As well as many in the medical field.

Horse Shit! You've been watching too much Fox News.

I will admit that it is far easier for you to blane your depravity on something or someone rather than take responsibility for your own depravity.

I couldn't help but notice that there is quite a bit of animosity directed at Christians and I was wondering if maybe it was because Christians as a whole oppose gay marriage.

So... Do gay people have an ax to grind with Christians?

If they don't I question their sanity. If somebody believed I deserved eternity in a burning hell because of the way I was born I'd want to nuke them.

Why is that? Why wouldn't they choose to be gay? Is there something wrong with being gay?
Have you ever known a straight person who chose to be gay?

I couldn't help but notice that there is quite a bit of animosity directed at Christians and I was wondering if maybe it was because Christians as a whole oppose gay marriage.

If they don't I question their sanity. If somebody believed I deserved eternity in a burning hell because of the way I was born I'd want to nuke them.

Why is that? Why wouldn't they choose to be gay? Is there something wrong with being gay?
I had a female co-worker who had a relationship with a woman and they had three children together. She ended up leaving her and marrying a man. So, if it could work that way, I don't see why it couldn't work the other way around. In fact, if we evaluate her situation, one could say that she was never really gay but chose to be gay until she chose not to be gay.

I had a female co-worker who had a relationship with a woman and they had three children together. She ended up leaving her and marrying a man. So, if it could work that way, I don't see why it couldn't work the other way around. In fact, if we evaluate her situation, one could say that she was never really gay but chose to be gay until she chose not to be gay.
lol! Man, you sure are lost. Don't you know about bi-sexuality?

On a slightly more serious note.

Do you realize the double standard here?

Christians persecuted homosexuals for centuries. Even today, many Christians churches condemn homosexuality.

The animosity started with the Christians towards the gays. Now that gays are not in the closet and not so easily persecuted, some Christians feel persecuted because some gay Americans act towards Christians as Christians have acted towards gays for decades.

It is rather ironic.

Christians are simply following the Bible's teachings. The Bible says homosexuality is an abomination unto the Lord.

Nope. The Bible says that sex between men is an abomination. Doesn't say a thing about homosexuality. Doesnt' say a thing about women having sex with women.

Wrong: It wouldn't make sense to male/male sex is wrong but not female/female sex.
Answer:
Some are under the assumption that, while the Bible condemns gay sex between men, it nowhere condemns being a lesbian/lesbianism. Leviticus 18:22 and 20:13 mention men having sex with other men, but say nothing of women having sex with other women. In the Sodom and Gomorrah account in Genesis 19, the men of the cities wanted to gang rape other men. First Corinthians 6:9 mentions effeminate men, very likely referring to homosexuals, but does not mention lesbians. So, does the Bible in fact condemn male homosexuality, but not lesbianism?

Romans 1:26-27 puts this invalid assumption to rest: “Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts.Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.” Clearly, this passage puts lesbianism on equal ground with male homosexuality. Lesbianism is described as women exchanging natural relations (with men) for unnatural relations (with women). According to the Bible, being a lesbian is just as sinful as being a homosexual male.

Ah I do love the amazing rationalizations the militant Christians use.

Note the very specific language in that sentence- the language you chose to interpret one way- even though it doesn't say what you want it to say

Note Paul refers to men lusting after other men- but never mentions women lusting after other women.
Notice how Paul refers to men committing indecent acts with other men- but never mentions women committing any indecent acts with anyone.

But you want that to say "Lesbian".

Not only that but nowhere in that paragraph does it say mention 'sin'. Or abomination.

Lets look to Corinthians:
1 Corinthians 6:9-11 ESV / 346 helpful votes
Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

Notice how Jesus refers to men who practice homosexuality- but only men? Everything else in that quote is gender neutral- only when it comes to homosexuality does Jesus specify that it is a sin for men- a sin like adultery- or greed- or drunkeness.

I find the amount of attention that the militant Christians spend on condemning homosexuality bizarre- considering that the Bible barely mentions it- really barely mentions it when you only take into account the New Testament.

Homosexuality is a sin like divorce and remarriage- yet where is the Christian outrage that divorced people can remarry? Where are the movements to ban divorced people from remarrying?

Anyway- the only way you can find a reference to a condemnation of 'lesbianism' is if you put words into the Bible- and ignore what Jesus says.

LOL

Frankly right now the evidence is mixed- and I think it is a stupid question.

Whether or not someone is born gay or not is as immaterial as whether or not someone is born right handed, or whether someone is born Christian.

We do not decide on how to treat people because of whether they were born one way- or became that way.

That being said- there is no evidence that people choose their sexual orientation.

Of course they choose to be gay. They are born male and female. They simply are happy with their depraved lifestyle.

Horse Shit......that's the view promulgated by the Right and the bible.

As well as many in the medical field.

Not really- frankly other than some right wing nuts no one believes anyone chooses who they are attracted to.

On a slightly more serious note.

Do you realize the double standard here?

Christians persecuted homosexuals for centuries. Even today, many Christians churches condemn homosexuality.

The animosity started with the Christians towards the gays. Now that gays are not in the closet and not so easily persecuted, some Christians feel persecuted because some gay Americans act towards Christians as Christians have acted towards gays for decades.

It is rather ironic.

Christians are simply following the Bible's teachings. The Bible says homosexuality is an abomination unto the Lord.

Nope. The Bible says that sex between men is an abomination. Doesn't say a thing about homosexuality. Doesnt' say a thing about women having sex with women.

Wrong: It wouldn't make sense to male/male sex is wrong but not female/female sex.
Answer:
Some are under the assumption that, while the Bible condemns gay sex between men, it nowhere condemns being a lesbian/lesbianism. Leviticus 18:22 and 20:13 mention men having sex with other men, but say nothing of women having sex with other women. In the Sodom and Gomorrah account in Genesis 19, the men of the cities wanted to gang rape other men. First Corinthians 6:9 mentions effeminate men, very likely referring to homosexuals, but does not mention lesbians. So, does the Bible in fact condemn male homosexuality, but not lesbianism?

Romans 1:26-27 puts this invalid assumption to rest: “Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts.Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.” Clearly, this passage puts lesbianism on equal ground with male homosexuality. Lesbianism is described as women exchanging natural relations (with men) for unnatural relations (with women). According to the Bible, being a lesbian is just as sinful as being a homosexual male.

Of course practicing lesbianism is a sine but good luck getting Seriously to see that truth. I've already tried but she refuses to accept the plain truth of the Bible as do most folks who wish to continue in their sinful lifestyle choices.

LOL- faux Christians like you can't even get my gender right- let alone manage to quote the Bible.

"lesbianism' is not a sin according to the Bible- which is why it isn't mentioned as such anywhere in the Bible- not by Jesus- not in the 10 Commandments- nowhere in the Old Testament- not even by Paul- the prude who didn't care much for women.

Now according to the Bible anyone who has sex outside of marriage- along with anyone who divorces and remarries(unless the wife- and only the wife- has cheated)- is a sinner because they are engaging in adultery/fornication.

But not because it is a woman with a woman.

Two women having sex is no more of a sin in the Bible than Donald Trump having sex with his third wife.

Oh...I said that "our nation was not founded on Christian values"? Where did I say that? I'm simply asking YOU what are those Christian values you claim our country was founded on. I'm sorry to hear they are so hard to simply list. Do you know why that might be?
I see. Was I wrong about your beliefs? Do you believe that our nation was founded on the Christian values of morality and virtue?
Ah....now we are getting somewhere....where is it indicated that morality ONLY comes from Christianity? Where is it indicated that virtue ONLY comes from Christianity? Sounds like these values can be found in any religion....and in the non-religious. What puts the "owned by Christianity" trademark on them?
It isn't, but were you aware of many Muslims, Hindus, Buddhist, Confucius, Taoist in this country back in the 1700's? You ever heard of or read the New England Primer? It was the second best-selling book in the American colonies. The Bible was number one. Five million copies existed in America. There there were only four million people in America in 1776. Check it out and then tell me which values this country was founded upon.

http://www3.nd.edu/~rbarger/www7/neprimer.html

The New England Primer, 1777 edition

The New England Primer - Wikipedia

America was founded on many values- amongst the most substantial were the values of Democracy from pagan Greece and Rome- and of course there were also contributions from the values of Judaism.
Really? This is a tiny excerpt of the New England Primer that was used in ALL schools for ALL American Children. Do I need to post the rest?

THE NEW ENGLAND PRIMER

1777 edition

A Divine Song of Praise to GOD, for a Child,

by the Rev. Dr. Watts.
HOW glorious is our heavenly King,
Who reigns above tha Sky!
How shall a Child presume to sing
His dreadful Majesty!
How great his Power is none can tell,
Nor think how large his grace:
Nor men below, nor Saints that dwell,
On high before his Face.
Nor Angels that stand round the Lord,
Can search his secret will;
But they perform his heav'nly Word,
And sing his Praises still.
Then let me join this holy Train;
And my first Off'rings bring;
The eternal GOD will not disdain
To hear an Infant sing.
My Heart resolves, my Tongue obeys,
And Angels shall rejoice,
To hear their mighty Maker's Praise,
Sound from a feeble Voice.
The young INFANT'S or CHILD'S morning Prayer.

From Dr. WATTS.
ALMIGHTY God the Maker of every thing in Heaven and Earth; the Darkness goes away, and the Day light comes at thy Command. Thou art good and doest good continually.

I thank thee that thou has taken such Care of me this Night, and that I am alive and well this Morning.

Save me, O God, from Evil, all this Day long, and let me love and serve thee forever, for the Sake of Jesus Christ thy Son. AMEN.

The INFANT'S or young CHILD'S Evening Prayer.

From Dr. WATTS.
O LORD God who knowest all Things, thou seest me by Night as well as by Day.

I pray thee for Christ's Sake, forgive me whatsoever I have done amiss this Day, and keep me all this Night, while I am asleep.

I desire to lie down under thy Care, and to abide forever under thy Blessing, for thou art a God of all Power and everlasting Mercy. AMEN.

a b c d e f g h i j k l m
n o p q r s t u v
w x y z &.
Vowels.
a e i o u y.
Consonants.
b c d f g h j k l m n p q r s t v w x z
Double Letters.
ct ff fi fl ffi ffl sh si ssi sl ss st
Italick Letters.
Aa Bb Cc Dd Ee Ff Gg Hh
Ii Jj Kk Ll Mm Nn Oo Pp Qq
Rr Ss Tt Uu Vv Ww Xx Yy Zz
Italick Double Letters.
ct ff fi ffi fl ffl sh si ss ssi sl st
Great Letters.

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O
P Q R S T U W X Y Z.

Ab eb ib ob ub
ac ec ic oc uc
ad ed id od ud
af ef if of uf
ag eg ig og ug
aj ej ij oj uj
ak ek ik ok uk
al el il ol ul
am em im om um
an en in on un
ap ep ip op up
ar er ir or ur
as es is os us
at et it ot ut
av ev iv ov uv
ax ex ix ox ux
az ez iz oz uz
Easy Syllables, etc.

Ba be bi bo bu ca ce ci co cu da de di do du fa fe fi fo fu ga ge gi go gu ha he hi ho hu ja je ji jo ju ka ke ki ko ku la le li lo lu ma me mi mo mu na ne ni no nu pa pe pi po pu ra re ri ro ru ta te ti to tu va ve vi vo vu wa we wi wo wy ya ye yi yo yu za ze zi zo zu
Words of one Syllable.

Age all ape are Babe beef best bold Cat cake crown cup Deaf
dead dry dull Eat ear eggs eyes Face feet fish foul Gate good grass great Hand hat head heart Ice ink isle jobb Kick kind kneel know Lamb lame land long Made mole moon mouth Name night noise noon Oak once one ounce Pain pair pence pound Quart queen quick quilt Rain raise rose run Saint sage salt said Take talk time throat Vain vice vile view Way wait waste would
Words of two Syllables.

Ab-sent ab-hor a-pron au-thor Ba-bel be-came be-guile bold-ly Ca-pon cel-lar con-stant cup-board Dai-ly de-pend di-vers du-ty Ea-gle ea-ger en-close e-ven Fa-ther fa-mous fe-male fu-ture Ga-ther gar-den gra-vy glo-ry
Hei-nous hate-ful hu-mane hus-band In-fant in-deed in-cence i-sland Ja-cob jeal-ous jus-tice ju-lep La-bour la-den la-dy la-zy Ma-ny ma-ry mo-tive mu-sick
Words of three Syllables.

A-bu-sing a-mend-ing ar-gu-ment Bar-ba-rous be-ne-fit beg-gar-ly Cal-cu-late can-dle-stick con-foun-ded Dam-ni-fy dif-fi-cult drow-si-ness Ea-ger-ly em-ploy-ing evi-dence Fa-cul-ty fa-mi-ly fu-ne-ral Gar-de-ner glo-ri-ous gra-ti-tude Hap-pi-ness har-mo-ny ho-li-ness
Words of four Syllables.

A-bi-li-ty ac-com-pa-ny af-fec-ti-on Be-ne-fi-ted be-a-ti-tude be-ne-vo-lent Ca-la-mi-ty ca-pa-ci-ty ce-re-mo-ny De-li-ca-cy di-li-gent-ly du-ti-ful-ly E-dy-fy-ing e-ver-last-ing e-vi-dent-ly Fe-bru-a-ry fi-de-li-ty for-mi-da-bly Ge-ne-ral-ly glo-ri-fy-ing gra-ci-ous-ly
Words of five Syllables.A-bo-mi-na-ble ad-mi-ra-ti-on Be-ne-dic-ti-on be-ne-fi-ci-al Ce-le-bra-ti-on con-so-la-ti-on De-cla-ra-ti-on de-di-ca-ti-on E-du-ca-ti-on ex-hor-ta-ti-on For-ni-ca-ti-on fer-men-ta-ti-on Ge-ne-ra-ti-on ge-ne-ro-si-ty
Words of six Syllables.

A-bo-mi-na-ti-on Gra-ti-fi-ca-ti-on Be-ne-fi-ci-al-ly Hu-mi-li-a-ti-on Con-ti-nu-a-ti-on I-ma-gi-na-ti-on De-ter-mi-na-ti-on Mor-ti-fi-ca-ti-on E-di-fi-ca-ti-on Pu-ri-fi-ca-ti-on Fa-mi-li-a-ri-ty Qua-li-fi-ca-ti-on
A Lesson for Children.

Pray to God. Call no ill names. Love God. Use no ill words. Fear God. Tell no lies. Serve God. Hate Lies. Take not God's Speak the Truth. Name in vain. Spend your Time well. Do not Swear. Love your School. Do not Steal. Mind your Book. Cheat not in your play. Strive to learn. Play not with bad boys. Be not a Dunce.
A In ADAM'S Fall
We sinned all.
B Heaven to find;
The Bible Mind.
C Christ crucify'd
For sinners dy'd.
D The Deluge drown'd
The Earth around.
E ELIJAH hid
By Ravens fed.
F The judgment made
FELIX afraid.

G As runs the Glass,
Our Life doth pass.
H My Book and Heart
Must never part.
J JOB feels the Rod,--
Yet blesses GOD.
K Proud Korah's troop
Was swallowed up
L LOT fled to Zoar,
Saw fiery Shower
On Sodom pour.
M MOSES was he
Who Israel's Host
Led thro' the Sea

N NOAH did view
The old world & new.
O Young OBADIAS,
DAVID, JOSIAS,
All were pious.
P PETER deny'd
His Lord and cry'd.
Q Queen ESTHER sues
And saves the Jews.
R Young pious RUTH,
Left all for Truth.
S Young SAM'L dear,
The Lord did fear.

T Young TIMOTHY
Learnt sin to fly.
V VASHTI for Pride
Was set aside.
W Whales in the Sea,
GOD's Voice obey.
X XERXES did die,
And so must I.
Y While youth do chear
Death may be near.
Z ZACCHEUS he
Did climb the Tree
Our Lord to see.

Who was the first man ? Adam.
Who was the first woman ? Eve.
Who was the first Murderer ? Cain.
Who was the first Martyr ? Abel.
Who was the first Translated ? Enoch.
Who was the oldest Man ? Methuselah.
Who built the Ark ? Noah.
Who was the Patientest Man ? Job.
Who was the Meekest Man ? Moses.
Who led Israel into Canaan ? Joshua.
Who was the strongest Man ? Sampson.
Who killed Goliah ? David.
Who was the wisest Man ? Soloman.
Who was in the Whale's Belly? Jonah.
Who saves lost Men ? Jesus Christ.
Who is Jesus Christ ? The Son of God.
Who was the Mother of Christ ? Mary.
Who betrayed his Master ? Judas.
Who denied his Master ? Peter.
Who was the first Christian Martyr? Stephen.
Who was chief Apostle of the Gentiles ? Saul.
The Infant's Grace before and after Meat.

BLESS me, O Lord, and let my food strengthen me to serve thee, for Jesus Christ's sake. AMEN.
I Desire to thank God who gives me food to eat every day of my life. AMEN.

What's right and good now shew me Lord, and lead me by they grace and word. Thus shall I be a child of God, and love and fear they hand and rod.

An Alphabet of Lessons for Youth.

A Wise son maketh a glad father, but a foolish son is the heaviness of his mother.
BEtter is a little with the fear of the Lord, than great treasure & trouble therewith.

COme unto Christ all ye that labor and are heavy laden and he will give you rest.

DO not the abominable thing which I hate saith the Lord.

EXcept a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

FOolishness is bound up in the heart of a child, but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him.

GODLINESS is profitable unto all things, having the promise of the life that now is, and that which is to come.

HOLINESS becomes GOD's house for ever.

IT is good for me to draw near unto GOD.

KEEP thy heart with all diligence, for out of it are the issues of life.
LIARS shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone.

MANY are the afflictions of the righteous, but the LORD delivereth them out of them all.

NOW is the accepted time, now is the day of salvation.

OUT of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.

PRAY to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which sees in secret shall reward thee openly.

QUIT you like men, be strong, stand fast in the faith.

REMEMBER thy Creator in the days of thy youth.

SEest thou a man wise in his own conceit, there is more hope of a fool than of him.

TRUST in God at all times, ye people, pour out your hearts before him.

UPON the wicked, God shall rain an horrible tempest.

WO to the wicked, it shall be ill with him, for the reward of his hands shall be given him.

EXHORT one another daily while it is called to day, lest any of you be hardened thro' the deceitfulness of sin.
YOUNG men ye have overcome the wicked one.

ZEal hath consumed me, because thy enemies have forgotten the word of God.

The LORD's Prayer.

OUR Father which art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth as it is heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation. But deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, the power and the glory, forever. AMEN.

The CREED.

I BELIEVE in God the Father Almighty Maker of heaven and earth, and in Jesus Christ his only Son our Lord, which was conceived by the Holy Ghost, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, dead and buried. He descended into hell. The third day he arose again from the dead, and ascended into heaven, and sitteth on the right hand of God, the Father,
Almighty. From thence he shall come to judge both the quick and the dead. I believe in the Holy Ghost, the Holy Catholic Church, the communion of Saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlafting. AMEN.

Dr. WATTS'S Cradle Hymn.

HUSH my dear, lie still and slumber,
holy angels guard thy bed,
Heavenly blessings without number,
gently falling on thy head.

Sleep my babe, thy food and raiment
house and home thy friends provide,

All without thy care or payment,
all thy wants are well supply'd.

How much better thou'rt attended,
than the Son of God could be,

When from heaven he descended,
and became a child like thee.

Soft and easy is thy cradle,
coarse and hard thy Saviour lay,

When his birth-place was a stable,
and his softest bed was hay.

Blessed Babe ! what glorious features
spotless fair, divinely bright! !

Must he dwell with brutal creatures,

how could angels bear the sight !
Was there nothing but a manger,
cursed sinners could afford,

To receive the heavenly stranger;
did they thus affront their Lord.

Soft my child I did not chide thee,
tho' my song may sound too hard;

'Tis thy mother sits beside thee,
and her arms shall be thy guard.

Yet to read the shameful story,
how the Jews abus'd their King,

How they serv'd the Lord of glory,
makes me angry while, I sing.

See the kinder shepherds round him,
telling wonders from the sky;

There they sought him, there they found him,
with his Virgin Mother by.

See the lovely Babe a dreaming;
lovely Infant how he smil'd !

When he wept, the Mother's blessing
sooth'd and hush'd the holy child.

Lo ! he slumbers in his manger,
where the horned oxen fed;

Peace my darling here's no danger
here's no Ox a near thy bed.

'Twas to save thee, child from dying,
save my dear from burning flame,

Bitter groans and endless crying,
that thy blest Redeemer came.
May'st thou live to know and fear him,
trust and love him all thy days !

Then go dwell for ever near him,
see his face and sing his praise.

I could give thee thousand kisses,
hoping what I most desire:

Not a mother's fondest wishes,
can to greater joys aspire.

VERSES for Children.

THOUGH I am young a little one,
If I can Speak and go alone,
Then I must learn to know the Lord,
And learn to read his holy word.
'Tis time to seek to God and pray
For what I want for every day:
I have a precious soul to save,
And I a mortal body have,
Tho' I am young yet I may die,
And hasten to eternity:
There is a dreadful fiery hell,
Where wicked ones must always dwell:
There is a heaven full of Joy,
Where godly ones must always stay:
To one of these my soul must fly,
As in a moment when I die:
When God that made me, calls me home,
I must not stay I must be gone.
He gave me life, and gives me breath,
And he can save my soul from death,
By JESUS CHRIST my only Lord,
According to his holy word.
He clothes my back and makes me warm:
He saves my flesh and bones from harm.
He gives me bread and milk and meat
And all I have that's good to eat.
When I am sick, he if he please,
Can make me well and give me ease:
He gives me sleep and quiet rest,
Whereby my body is refresh'd
The Lord is good and kind to me,
And very thankful I must be:
I must obey and love and fear him
, By faith in Christ I must draw near him.
I must not sin as others do,
Lest I lie down in sorrow too:
For God is angry every day,
With wicked ones who go astray,
All sinful words I must restrain:
I must not take God's name in vain.
I must not work, I must not play,
Upon God's holy sabbath day.
And if my parents speak the word,
I must obey them in the Lord.
Nor steal, nor lie, nor spend my days,
In idle tales and foolish plays,
I must obey my Lord's commands,
Do something with my little hands:
Remember my creator now,
In youth while time will it allow.
Young SAMUEL that little child,
He serv'd the Lord, liv'd undefil'd;
Him in his service God employ'd,
While ELI's wicked children dy'd:
When wicked children mocking said,
To a good man, Go up bald head,
God was displeas'd with them and sent
Two bears which them in pieces rent,
I must not like these children vile,
Displease my God, myself defile.
Like young ABIJAH, I must see,
That good things may be found in me,
Young King JOSIAH, that blessed youth,
He sought the Lord and lov'd the truth;
He like a King did act his part,
And follow'd God with all his heart.
The little children they did sing,
Hosannahs to their heavenly King.
That blessed child young TIMOTHY,
Did learn God's word most heedfully.
It seem'd to be his recreation,
Which made him wise unto salvation:
By faith in Christ which he had gain'd
With prayers and tears that faith unfeign'd
These good examples were for me;
Like these good children I must be.
Give me true faith in Christ my Lord,
Obedience to his holy word,
No word is in the world like thine,
There's none so pure, sweet and divine.
From thence let me thy will behold,
And love thy word above fine gold.
Make my heart in thy statutes sound,
And make my faith and love abound.
Lord circumcise my heart to love thee:
And nothing in this world above thee:
Let me behold thy pleased face,
And make my soul to grow in grace,
And in the knowledge of my Lord
And Saviour Christ, and of his word.
Another.

AWAKE, arise, behold thou hast,
Thy life a leaf, thy breath a blast;
At night lay down prepar'd to have
Thy sleep, thy death, thy bed, thy grave.
LORD if thou lengthen out my days,
Then let my heart so fixed be,
That I may lengthen out thy praise,
And never turn aside from thee.
So in my end I shall rejoice,
In thy salvation joyful be;
My soul shall say with loud glad voice,
JEHOVAH who is like to thee ?

Who taketh the lambs into thy arms,
And gently leadeth those with young,
Who saveth children from all harms,
Lord, I will praise thee with my song.

And when my days on earth shall end,
And I go hence and be here no more,
Give me eternity to spend,
My GOD to praise forever more.

Another.

Good children must,
Fear God all day, Love Christ alway,
Parents obey, In secret pray,
No false thing say, Mind little play,
By no sin stray, Make no delay,
In doing good.
Another.

In the burying place may see,
Graves shorter there than I,
From death's arrest no age is free,
Young children too must die.
My God may such an awful sight,
Awakening be to me !
Oh ! that by early grace I might
For death prepared be.
Another.

Now I lay me down to take my sleep,
I pray the Lord my soul to keep,
If I should die before I wake,
I pray the Lord my soul to take.
Another.

First in the morning when thou dost awake,
To God for his grace thy petition make,
Some heavenly petition use daily to say,
That the God of heaven may bless thee alway.
Duty to God and our neighbour.

LOVE God with all your soul & strength,
With all your heart and mind;
And love your neighbour as yourself,
Be faithful, just and kind.
Deal with another as you'd have
Another deal with you:
What you're unwilling to receive,
Be sure you never do.
Our Saviour's Golden Rule.

BE you to others kind and true,
As you'd have others be to you:
And neither do nor say to men,
Whate'er you would not take again.
The Sum of the ten Commandments.

WITH all thy soul love God above,
And as thyself thy neighbour love.
Advice to Youth. Eccle. xii.

Now in the heat of youthful blood,
Remember your Creator God;
Behold the months come hast'ning on,
When you sfhall say, My joys are gone.
Behold the aged sinner goes
Laden with guilt and heavy woes,
Down to the regions of the dead,
With endless curses on his head.
The dust returns to dust again,
The soul in agonies of pain,
Ascends to God not there to dwell,
But hears her doom and sinks to hell.
Eternal King I fear thy name,
Teach me to know how frail I am,
And when my soul must hence remove,
Give me a mansion in thy love.

Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

Notice how Jesus refers to men who practice homosexuality- but only men? Everything else in that quote is gender neutral- only when it comes to homosexuality does Jesus specify that it is a sin for men- a sin like adultery- or greed- or drunkeness.

I don't recall Jesus being quoted outside of the Gospels. Am I missing something? Are you confusing Paul with Jesus?

My God Ding broke USMB with his Primer post- LOL

Really? This is a tiny excerpt of the New England Primer that was used in ALL schools for ALL American Children. Do I need to post the rest?

THE NEW ENGLAND PRIMER

Why do you think it was used in ALL schools for All American children? (which of course it wasn't-

More to the point though- why do you think that this primer refutes my point that much of American thinking was based upon the pagan philosophies of Democracies of Rome and Greece?

Classical works in Greek and Latin were a large part of most libraries at the time. Students leaned Latin and Greek so that they could read the classic literature that was considered an essential part of any educated persons learning.

The Academy curriculum in the 18th century, University of Pennsylvania University Archives

I don't recall Jesus being quoted outside of the Gospels. Am I missing something? Are you confusing Paul with Jesus?

Yes I was as a matter of fact- I know Corinthians is Paul's letter's- so let me revise this for accuracy

Notice how Paul refers to men who practice homosexuality- but only men? Everything else in that quote is gender neutral- only when it comes to homosexuality does Paul specify that it is a sin for men- a sin like adultery- or greed- or drunkeness.

Okay- have fun with the conversation- remember Ding only wants your contributions to the conversation if you tell him whether you are gay or not......LOL...
Not true. God loves you even if you don't love yourself.

How does that make what I said not true?

remember Ding only wants your contributions to the conversation if you tell him whether you are gay or not......LOL.

Are you saying you are God?

Bi-Sexual. You know that many people are Bi-Sexual....Even you might be if you might the right person of the same gender.

Many heterosexuals are atheists too. That IS allowed, you know.
No..... Just kidding. Yeah, I know. It seems that the more liberal they are the more militant they are.

"It seems"? to whom?
I didn't come up with this on my own. It is nothing new. In fact, it is quite an old observation.

Michail Bakunins sozial-politischer Briefwechsel mit Alexander Ivanovitsch Herzen. Stuttgart, 1895.

G. Le Bon. Psychologie du socialisme. (Quotations refer to Russian translation, Psikhologiia sotsializma, St. Petersburg, 1908.)

S. Frank. "Etika nigilizma" ("The Ethics of Nihilism," in Russian). In: Vekhi (Landmarks), Moscow, 1909.

S. Bulgakov. Pervokhristianstvo i noveishii sotsializm (Early Christianity and Modern Socialism, in Russian). Moscow, 1911.

S. Bulgakov. Khristianstvo i sotsializm (Christianity and Socialism, in Russian). Moscow, 1917

W. Gurian. Der Bolschewismus. Freiburg, 1931 giia sotsializma, St. Petersburg, 1908.)

H. Marcuse. Eros and Civilization. A Philosophical Inquiry into Freud. Boston, 1955

I. Shafarevich. The Socialist Phenomeon, 1980 by Harper & Row
And...what does THAT prove?
That militant atheism leads to communism.

LOL

dingbat has an axe to grind with gays.
No. I have a problem with militant atheists like yourself. I am trying to figure out if there is a correlation between people like you and homosexuals.

Meanwhile we are trying to figure out if there is a correlation between militant Christians like you and the prejudice and abuse of homosexuals your kind have advocated for centuries.

Satan is in the heart and mind of homos.

Yes they hate Christians.

Satan is in the heart and minds of faux Christians.

They ignore what Jesus said- and instead like 007- preach hate- they hate homosexuals and then lie about gays.

Forum List

Back