Do gays choose to be gay? How can we refuse equal rights?

Before this whole "gay" lifestyle thing became a fad, Most doctors, phychiatrists, and educators were very much of the opinion that homosexuality was an abnormality --- an outward manifestation of a dysfunctional individual.

Scientific Racism

horse shit, since science has been shown to have a political agenda leave your bullshit science links at the door. global warming? bull shit.

Wow, you really do eschew science. Enjoy your continued ignorance.

Oh, Dear God... another 'Gay' thread...
75_75.gif

There oughtta be a rule...

Gays represent 3.8% of the population... ( LGBT demographics of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia )

Therefore... Gays get 3.8% of the threads and bandwidth dedicated to their issues...
tongue_smile.gif

That sounds entirely fair to me...
wink_smile.gif
Gays are the new black ( racism) in the media right now !!

There's a way to stop that...treat us equally under the law.

the law already treats you equally.

Equality does mean that the govt should force the rest of us to condone your aberant lifestyle as normal.

You are no more normal than a downs syndrome child------we sympathize with both of you because of your affliction, but both are abnormalities. Abnormal is not a negative word, it is an accurate description. It is not an insult.

get off your high horse and face reality and deal with your reality.

Equality does mean that the govt should force the rest of us to condone your aberant lifestyle as normal.

You are no more normal than a downs syndrome child------we sympathize with both of you because of your affliction, but both are abnormalities. Abnormal is not a negative word, it is an accurate description. It is not an insult.

Why use Downs, Fishy, and not red hair or being left handed? (It a rhetorical question, BTW. I already know the answer)

Giving gays and lesbians equal access to civil marriage "forces" nothing on you and denying equal access is discriminatory. If I am prevented from marrying the consenting adult of my choice, that isn't equality, Fishy.

Oh and Fishy, it's a life, not a "lifestyle".

Spelling errors courtesy of auto-correct

Why use Downs, Fishy, and not red hair or being left handed? (It a rhetorical question, BTW. I already know the answer)

Giving gays and lesbians equal access to civil marriage "forces" nothing on you and denying equal access is discriminatory. If I am prevented from marrying the consenting adult of my choice, that isn't equality, Fishy.

You have exactly the same ability to marry as any other woman, white or black.

horse shit, since science has been shown to have a political agenda leave your bullshit science links at the door. global warming? bull shit.

Are you saying science doesn't have a political agenda? If you do I'll call you a god damn liar.

Science itself isn't political, it's science. Its facts, provable theories and studies. You can choose to ignore it because it won't fit your personal or political ideology, but the fact remain.

of course you want the question to be rhetorical, you compared identified GENETIC traits (red hair, left handed) , you're afraid to enter into the "made that way vs choice" debate because you'll lose.

SCOTUS affirmed gay marriage is a State matter.

My state has gay marriage against its Constitution.

The SCOTUS ruled that marriage equality laws were acceptable and must be recognized by the federal government. They have yet to rule on the anti gay ones...hence Scalia's "dire" predictions.

“By formally declaring anyone opposed to same-sex marriage an enemy of human decency, the majority arms well every challenger to a state law restricting marriage to its traditional definition. As I have said, the real rationale of today’s opinion, whatever disappearing trail of its legalistic argle-bargle one chooses to follow, is that DOMA is motivated by ‘ “bare . . . desire to harm” ’couples in same-sex marriages. … How easy it is, indeed how inevitable, to reach the same conclusion with regard to state laws denying same-sex couples marital status.”

No they made a ruling based on the affirmation that marriage falls under the purview of the State under the 10th Amendment.

If a state chooses to recognize gay marriage, the Feds must.

I small % of people are left handed. They have to deal with a right handed world. They do not demand special treatment because of their left handedness. They have equal rights, so do people with red hair. Redheads do not demand that shade be created everywhere because they are sensitive to the sun.

You, however, want to force the world to change to accept your abnormality as normal----its not.

I don't know if you were born lesbian or made that choice because you were not able to make it as a heterosexual woman--------doesn't matter.

as an american citizen you have the same rights as every other citizen.

BTW, I am still waiting for you to post the language from the constitution that guarantees gay marriage. I am sure the polygamists are also anxious to see that language.

of course you want the question to be rhetorical, you compared identified GENETIC traits (red hair, left handed) , you're afraid to enter into the "made that way vs choice" debate because you'll lose.

Did Fishy not also identify an "identified" genetic trait when equating being gay to having Downs?

No, I'm actually not "afraid" at all. I'm quite confident in the knowledge that sexual orientation is an innate trait. Wanna know how I know? I'm gay. Who better would know if they chose their sexual orientation than someone who actually is gay?

Do you believe you chose yours?

Did Fishy not also identify an "identified" genetic trait when equating being gay to having Downs?

No, I'm actually not "afraid" at all. I'm quite confident in the knowledge that sexual orientation is an innate trait. Wanna know how I know? I'm gay. Who better would know if they chose their sexual orientation than someone who actually is gay?

yes I did, the point being that downs syndrome people have equal rights, as do you.

you want special rights, admit your true agenda here and we can have a real discussion, until then this is going nowhere but in circles.

Now that's scientific, "I'm gay, I believe I was made this way, so it's got to be genetic"?

Here's some science for you, I've got a couple of questions I'd like you to answer, I'm collecting data for my research. Did you're parents divorce? Was there any infidelity in your parents relationship? Was there any abuse in your parents relationship? Did you experience abuse?

Are you saying science doesn't have a political agenda? If you do I'll call you a god damn liar.

Science itself isn't political, it's science. Its facts, provable theories and studies. You can choose to ignore it because it won't fit your personal or political ideology, but the fact remain.

Science has a new political agenda called global warming. It's been proven dumb ass.
OH and do not change any fucking thing in my post cock sucker.

I small % of people are left handed. They have to deal with a right handed world. They do not demand special treatment because of their left handedness. They have equal rights, so do people with red hair. Redheads do not demand that shade be created everywhere because they are sensitive to the sun.

You, however, want to force the world to change to accept your abnormality as normal----its not.

I don't know if you were born lesbian or made that choice because you were not able to make it as a heterosexual woman--------doesn't matter.

as an american citizen you have the same rights as every other citizen.

BTW, I am still waiting for you to post the language from the constitution that guarantees gay marriage. I am sure the polygamists are also anxious to see that language.

Gays aren't demanding special treatment either Fish, just equal. Are we denying left handed people equal access to marriage laws? Why no, we're not so you can't say they aren't asking for "special" treatment when the parallels are not near to exact.

Explain how you are being "forced" to "accept" anything with my being legally married? What,exactly, is "forced" on you by my being in possession of a legal marriage license and having that legal marriage license treated exactly as yours is treated under the law?

The SCOTUS has interpreted the Constitution, specifically the 14th Amendment, to guarantee marriage as a fundamental right. You can, thanks to the wonders of the Internet, view those cases in their entirety. Loving v Virginia is one, Turner v Safley is another and Zablocki v Redhail is a third. Happy reading.

The right exists whether it is gays or polygamists vying for access to that fundamental right. In order to deny equal access to this fundamental right, you must be able to ascribe a societal harm in allowing it. Go!

it's a lifestyle

Forum List

Back