🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Do gays choose to be gay? How can we refuse equal rights?

I have already offered the probability that given how homo sapiens use sexuality, homosexual behavior is a human construct and therefore arguably "natural". I have pretty extensive experience observing both domestic and wild animal behavior and consider your articles biased based on the intent of their author's desire to "prove" some normal animal behavior "homosexual" in nature. I will also consider that animals held in captivity may exhibit abnormal behavior that humans would label homosexual. Mammals in natural habitat and normal circumstances do not engage in "homosexual" sexual activity. Most, given the opportunity, will engage with and penetrate animals of the same species sexually.
Humans choose who they are attracted to based on certain preferred physical attributes, blond or brunette..fat or thin...blue eyes or brown...male or female.:

You don't choose the attractions. Could you choose to be sexually and emotionally attracted to a member of the same sex?

People can certainly CHOOSE to experiment. A person may have a feeling to do something, but there is always the human ability to think and choose to or not to perform an act.

Why should gays, who do not choose who they are attracted to, have to "choose" not to act on their natural (or god-given) inclinations as long as they are acting upon them with other consenting adults? It's not an "experiment" for most of us.

Anyone see Stephen Colbert last night? They went to Vicco, Kentucky. Smallest town in KY. They have a gay mayor, and just passed a "fairness ordinance" regarding gays. The townsfolk were what you'd expect. Rural, country, deep drawl accents. But surprisingly- or not- they were mostly all in favor of it, and supportive of their mayor. One guy....who was a bit slow speaking and country, nothing wrong with that- put it so clearly and simple: "If God made 'em that way, how can the Bible say its wrong? Why'd he make 'em that way?" It was the best argument I've heard.

So, let me ask, did God make them that way? If so, how can He, or we, judge them?

Now, lets say you are gonna argue God did NOT make them that way. That they CHOSE. That would mean the rest of use CHOSE to be attracted to women, right? Wouldn't that suggest that gays and straights- like all you right wingers who oppose gay rights- have a 50/50 attraction to men/women, and you too just chose the opposite sex?

And as for God...does he make us or not? If our rights cannot be granted by the government, but instead, are "God given"....................like the 2nd Amendment right to bear arms..........and God makes us, then why is it that God made some humans to be born in a country where His rights are granted, but condemns other humans he makes to be born in places like N Korea that deny the rights that are God given by Him?

Unless you want to argue God created the world, but, then stepped away and let nature and humanity run it's course, and therefore, doesn't interfere with genetic deformities, mental illness, birth defects, OR things like a human being born with a sexual attraction to the same sex.

They HAD equal rights. It wasn't enough for them. They wanted SPECIAL rights. And that is the differnece.

I've asked this question a dozen times and nobody can give a REAL answer. All they do is either run from it or give a snarky answers. Lets see if you'll be the first to have a mature debate on this subject:

God made polygamists too - should we recognize marriage between 1 man 12 women?

God made bestality too - should we recognize the marriage between 1 man and 1 goat?

Marriage is between 1 man and 1 woman. That's what it is. It really is that simple. But like everything simple, it confuses Dumbocrats...

The way gay people act, they see being gay as an act of rebellion. People choose to be rebellious all the time, so in my reasoning, yes, they choose to be gay.

This is unsurprisingly idiotic.

Homosexuals seek only to live their lives in privacy, quietly going about their daily tasks untroubled by unwarranted interference by the state, religious entities, and arrogant social conservatives.

Homosexuals are only forced to speak out in the public venue when their civil liberties are threatened or denied.

This notion of the ‘activist gay’ is a tedious myth contrived by the right.

Anyone see Stephen Colbert last night? They went to Vicco, Kentucky. Smallest town in KY. They have a gay mayor, and just passed a "fairness ordinance" regarding gays. The townsfolk were what you'd expect. Rural, country, deep drawl accents. But surprisingly- or not- they were mostly all in favor of it, and supportive of their mayor. One guy....who was a bit slow speaking and country, nothing wrong with that- put it so clearly and simple: "If God made 'em that way, how can the Bible say its wrong? Why'd he make 'em that way?" It was the best argument I've heard.

So, let me ask, did God make them that way? If so, how can He, or we, judge them?

Now, lets say you are gonna argue God did NOT make them that way. That they CHOSE. That would mean the rest of use CHOSE to be attracted to women, right? Wouldn't that suggest that gays and straights- like all you right wingers who oppose gay rights- have a 50/50 attraction to men/women, and you too just chose the opposite sex?

And as for God...does he make us or not? If our rights cannot be granted by the government, but instead, are "God given"....................like the 2nd Amendment right to bear arms..........and God makes us, then why is it that God made some humans to be born in a country where His rights are granted, but condemns other humans he makes to be born in places like N Korea that deny the rights that are God given by Him?

Unless you want to argue God created the world, but, then stepped away and let nature and humanity run it's course, and therefore, doesn't interfere with genetic deformities, mental illness, birth defects, OR things like a human being born with a sexual attraction to the same sex.

They HAD equal rights. It wasn't enough for them. They wanted SPECIAL rights. And that is the differnece.

I've asked this question a dozen times and nobody can give a REAL answer. All they do is either run from it or give a snarky answers. Lets see if you'll be the first to have a mature debate on this subject:

God made bestality too - should we recognize the marriage between 1 man and 1 goat?

Marriage is between 1 man and 1 woman. That's what it is. It really is that simple. But like everything simple, it confuses Dumbocrats...

Legal and biblical marriage have nothing to do with each other and marriage isn't the subject of the thread.

Polygamy was widely practiced in the Bible. It does not, however, fit the legal parameters of civil marriage.

13 states have correctly applied the 14th Amendment and allow gays to civilly marry. Marriage is NOT "1 man and 1 woman", legally or biblically.

Name the "special right".

Last edited:

Legal and biblical marriage have nothing to do with each other and marriage isn't the subject of the thread.

Polygamy was widely practiced in the Bible. It does not, however, fit the legal parameters of civil marriage.

13 states have correctly applied the 14th Amendment and allow gays to civilly marry. Marriage is NOT "1 man and 1 woman", legally or biblically.

11 states seceded from the Union, apparently they were wrong. The Bible ALLOWED MEN to have more than one wife. HOWEVER, the Bible never endorsed this habit. Biologically, two men cannot consummate marriage vows. Two men may do what they wish, and behave as they desire in their play/pretend world. However, in the real world their actions are only vial filth --- promoting abasement, distortion, and corruption ---- Oral, anal, and urinal.

11 states seceded from the Union, apparently they were wrong. The Bible ALLOWED MEN to have more than one wife. HOWEVER, the Bible never endorsed this habit. Biologically, two men cannot consummate marriage vows. Two men may do what they wish, and behave as they desire in their play/pretend world. However, in the real world their actions are only vial filth --- promoting abasement, distortion, and corruption ---- Oral, anal, and urinal.

Not to mention "vial".

Legal marriage is like secession now? Boy, you guys pull more than a few groin muscles with your stretches.

So gays can't have sex? What?

Trust me, we aren't pretending.

You don't choose the attractions. Could you choose to be sexually and emotionally attracted to a member of the same sex?

People can certainly CHOOSE to experiment. A person may have a feeling to do something, but there is always the human ability to think and choose to or not to perform an act.

Why should gays, who do not choose who they are attracted to, have to "choose" not to act on their natural (or god-given) inclinations as long as they are acting upon them with other consenting adults? It's not an "experiment" for most of us.

Satan, not GOD made them as they are. And if it is OK for a man to have sex with a man because of such an attraction, I see no logic in preventing the very same man to train young boys in the ways of such sexual perversion... Call it sex education! Or do manmade morals now kick in?

A friend of mine who is a lesbian was living with another lesbian for several years, when her lesbian partner came home and told her she was leaving her for a man. A year later the ex-lesbian married a male doctor.....so now I'm just confused. :confused:

If you’re so easily confused then perhaps you should simply not concern yourself with it, and allow Americans to conduct their private lives as they see fit, free from interference by the state.
If they both were born to be lesbians, why did one jump the fence?
This has nothing to do with the state.

Legal marriage is like secession now? Boy, you guys pull more than a few groin muscles with your stretches.

Gays do have sex. It is just morally repugnant for righteous people to be expected to call such deviant behavior "Marriage." And the majority of Americans, I believe are still idealistic. To use the word "gay" is an insult to the English language and a corruption of the word. The Flintstones had a gay old time, and they didn't have to be sexual to have one. The rainbow flag meant the early PROTESTANT REFORMATION. And they didn't have to be sexual to fly the rainbow colors.

Well neither does a man marrying a man or a woman marrying a woman. However, with the DOMA ruling which you celebrated, the precedence has now been set that we must recognize one man and twelve women or a man and his goat.

Furthermore, after being pretty animated about "equal rights", who are you to discriminate between either of those scenarios?

A friend of mine who is a lesbian was living with another lesbian for several years, when her lesbian partner came home and told her she was leaving her for a man. A year later the ex-lesbian married a male doctor.....so now I'm just confused. :confused:

If you’re so easily confused then perhaps you should simply not concern yourself with it, and allow Americans to conduct their private lives as they see fit, free from interference by the state.

it also has nothing to do with you not allowing Americans to conduct their private lives as they see fit......Jones should learn how to read.....but then he is somewhat of a dipshit....

God made man in His image. If that really was true, why are some men gay? Is God gay, or bisexual?

Gay Marriage. You had the equal right to marry a man any time you wanted (just as my wife did). That's not what you wanted. God Bless you. But then you demanded special treatment - the right to marry another woman.

Let murderers, drug addicts, child pronagraphers, exhibitionists, and animal molesters do their thing. They have nothing to do with the state.

Gays do have sex. It is just morally repugnant for righteous people to be expected to call such deviant behavior "Marriage." And the majority of Americans, I believe are still idealistic. To use the word "gay" is an insult to the English language and a corruption of the word. The Flintstones had a gay old time, and they didn't have to be sexual to have one. The rainbow flag meant the early PROTESTANT REFORMATION. And they didn't have to be sexual to fly the rainbow colors.
there was always talk about Barney.....

Forum List

Back