Do liberals know or care the reason merrick garland not being judge was biden?

Republicans cited a 1992 speech by then-senator Joe Biden, arguing that if a Supreme Court seat became vacant during the summer, President Bush should wait until after the election to appoint a replacement, or else appoint a moderate acceptable to the then-Democratic Senate.

We know the left don't care. We get that. They are ignorant hypocritical loud mouths. Nothing but losers.

Just listen to the speech. That for conservarives when those fuckers try to equate merrick garland and this disgraceful display.

Do you swallow other things besides lies.

There was no precedent.

Please tell us which year a twice-elected president nominated a judge with 12 mos left on his term and the majority party in the senate unilaterally refused to even hold hearings.

I'm waiting with baited breath...

Nah Ill do better. Give me the longest time Democrats EVER held up a nomination Theo?List of nominations to the Supreme Court of the United States - Wikipedia

I’m pretty sure that if the Dems win control of the Senate in November, they will revert to the 60 vote standard for SC judges.

That’s because the Dems think big picture.

Nuclear option is now the norm
Republicans will have to live with it

I’m pretty sure that if the Dems win control of the Senate in November, they will revert to the 60 vote standard for SC judges.

In all honesty I hope not. Judges who are selected for there extreme partisan views don't make for the most evenhanded court system.

The McConnell Rule says the Senate is under no obligation to fill a vacant Supreme Court seat
So much so, that they were fine with it being vacant for over a year. I didn't hear the nutters complaining then.
We will suffer from the McConnell Rule from now on as vacancies are left vacant waiting for the right President
Just so you suffer, I'll be happy.
You'll be the one to suffer, you're just too stupid to realize it though.

In all honesty I hope not. Judges who are selected for there extreme partisan views don't make for the most evenhanded court system.
It will be a long time before we see another moderate judge

The McConnell Rule says the Senate is under no obligation to fill a vacant Supreme Court seat
So much so, that they were fine with it being vacant for over a year. I didn't hear the nutters complaining then.
We will suffer from the McConnell Rule from now on as vacancies are left vacant waiting for the right President
Just so you suffer, I'll be happy.
You'll be the one to suffer, you're just too stupid to realize it though.

Then it wouldn't be suffering.

Who is the stupid one ?

Can anyone show me in the Senate rule book where the "Biden Rule" exists?

Better yet would be where that imaginary rule was ever observed other than preventing Merrick from being voted on.

That's a good thing. Rule of law, not rule by dim liars.

I think your right. I just highly doubt it's a good development. You can't really put the genie back in the bottle. I'm also of the opinion that putting Kavanaugh on the bench is shortsighted from the GOP's side. Not only are they seemingly preparing to put someone on the bench that will keep on being controversial long after this confirmation process is done. Not only are they risking to lose moderate woman for a generation. They are letting the Supreme Court open for all kinds of request for recusals whenever he has to judge ANYTHING that involves politics. It seems a modest gain and a high price. Since the GOP has other candidates and will likely hold on to the senate.

I think your right. I just highly doubt it's a good development. You can't really put the genie back in the bottle. I'm also of the opinion that putting Kavanaugh on the bench is shortsighted from the GOP's side. Not only are they seemingly preparing to put someone on the bench that will keep on being controversial long after this confirmation process is done. Not only are they risking to lose moderate woman for a generation. They are letting the Supreme Court open for all kinds of request for recusals whenever he has to judge ANYTHING that involves politics. It seems a modest gain and a high price. Since the GOP has other candidates and will likely hold on to the senate.
Rule of law, not rule by fiat.

What does that even mean?? And how does that have anything to do with what I said?

Republicans will have to live by the new rules they set

Don’t think they will be too happy

What does that even mean?? And how does that have anything to do with what I said?
I'm not surprised that you don't know. So let's just leave it at that.

Republicans will have to live by the new rules they set

Don’t think they will be too happy
What new rules liar?

Republicans panicked when it seemed the court would turn liberal

They have established a new norm that they will not be happy with

Ah the problem with you posting nonsense is that I don't speak idiot?.... Well OK.

Republicans panicked when it seemed the court would turn liberal

They have established a new norm that they will not be happy with
Well, at the moment they are coming out ahead. The good news is that with the current demographics it's highly likely that pretty soon no amount of gerrymandering will save the GOP and after that chances are they won't regain so much as a position of dogcatcher in the zero sum politics game everybody is hell bent on playing.

Ah the problem with you posting nonsense is that I don't speak idiot?.... Well OK.
If You don't know what rule of law is as compared to rule by fiat then you may want to reconsider.

If You don't know what rule of law is as compared to rule by fiat then you may want to reconsider.
Well if you are talking about the Supreme Court, a legal Body consisting of 7 judges and you start to throw terms like rule by fiat around. Basically the form of decision making that dictators do, you are speaking nonsense. The Supreme Court does not rule, nor make law. They interpret it. It also isn't even remotely relevant to what I said. I think the term you were searching for was strict constructionist.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back