Do liberals know or care the reason merrick garland not being judge was biden?

Nuclear option is now the norm
Republicans will have to live with it
In all honesty I hope not. Judges who are selected for there extreme partisan views don't make for the most evenhanded court system.
It will be a long time before we see another moderate judge
I think your right. I just highly doubt it's a good development. You can't really put the genie back in the bottle. I'm also of the opinion that putting Kavanaugh on the bench is shortsighted from the GOP's side. Not only are they seemingly preparing to put someone on the bench that will keep on being controversial long after this confirmation process is done. Not only are they risking to lose moderate woman for a generation. They are letting the Supreme Court open for all kinds of request for recusals whenever he has to judge ANYTHING that involves politics. It seems a modest gain and a high price. Since the GOP has other candidates and will likely hold on to the senate.
Republicans panicked when it seemed the court would turn liberal

They have established a new norm that they will not be happy with

Covered already
Not the same

Why do Conservatives struggle so much with equivalencies ???

Guess what?
Kavanaugh is going to be on the Supreme Court, Garland is not… Live with It bed wetter...
I figured he would

You guys won and are stacking the court system with young conservatives whether they are qualified or not
Elections have consequences

And there would be no trump if there was no Obama… Karma is a bitch
There would be no Trump if not for gullible conservatives

Actually you have it half assed backwards.

The fact that conservatives were no longer gullible and would not nominate a low energy candidate like Jeb! in 2016 was why Trump got the nomination
Yep, we’ve had well over 100 years of career politicians as president… It’s been 100+ years of failure. What did Einstein say… Doing something over and over again and expecting different results… Insanity
We have seen the disaster of electing a reality show, snake oil salesman

Hopefully, we have learned from our mistakes

I figured he would

You guys won and are stacking the court system with young conservatives whether they are qualified or not

The fact that conservatives were no longer gullible and would not nominate a low energy candidate like Jeb! in 2016 was why Trump got the nomination
Yep, we’ve had well over 100 years of career politicians as president… It’s been 100+ years of failure. What did Einstein say… Doing something over and over again and expecting different results… Insanity

Karma is a bitch… You silly fuckers forced Obama on this country.

elections have consequences

Can we learn from the mistakes of Trump at all?

The media seems to be keeping the tragedy of 3.7% unemployment and records in the stock market under wraps and a secret.

Unless people talk about the results of the Trump Presidency , how can we learn from it?

Karma is a bitch… You silly fuckers forced Obama on this country.

elections have consequences

The Democrats are "suffering " big time by getting rich and having new economic opportunities under Trump.

Hardly bad karma for them at all. The Ultraliberal Bezos is now the richest man in history.

Biden huh .......

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) on Wednesday said he would be willing to hold a Supreme Court seat open until after the election if there is a vacancy during the last year of President Trump’s term.

The remarks came after an audience booed and jeered at him as he defended Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh.

“This may make you feel better, but I really don’t care,” Graham said. “If an opening comes in the last year of President Trump’s term, and the primary process has started, we’ll wait until the next election.”

The remarks referenced the blockade by GOP senators in 2016 of Merrick Garland, former President Obama's nominee to the Supreme Court to replace the late Justice Antonin Scalia.

Garland was nominated on March 16, 2016, but never received a hearing or vote from Republicans then controlling the Senate.

hypocritical pos RW's applying their trade ....
And lets see what other things Graham is on record saying.

Not for nothing, I wouldn't take any stock of what Graham claims he'd do and reality. It's been proven beyond doubt that Graham will simply do what is politically expedient. Morality or doing the right thing has nothing to do with it.

The media seems to be keeping the tragedy of 3.7% unemployment and records in the stock market under wraps and a secret.

Unless people talk about the results of the Trump Presidency , how can we learn from it?
You know what. The stock market had been going up for six years before Trump took office. Unemployment numbers to. I love this narrative that the stock market needed Trump to do anything and history started when Trump took office. What I do know is that every day gone, is a day closer to the markets crashing. When that happens what will the line be? The Democrats caused it? Stock markets always do that eventually? The MSM is reporting the wrong thing? I very much suspect that the line won't be it's because the interest rates are to low and Trump ballooned the deficit even further.

Biden huh .......

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) on Wednesday said he would be willing to hold a Supreme Court seat open until after the election if there is a vacancy during the last year of President Trump’s term.

The remarks came after an audience booed and jeered at him as he defended Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh.

“This may make you feel better, but I really don’t care,” Graham said. “If an opening comes in the last year of President Trump’s term, and the primary process has started, we’ll wait until the next election.”

The remarks referenced the blockade by GOP senators in 2016 of Merrick Garland, former President Obama's nominee to the Supreme Court to replace the late Justice Antonin Scalia.

Garland was nominated on March 16, 2016, but never received a hearing or vote from Republicans then controlling the Senate.

Not for nothing, I wouldn't take any stock of what Graham claims he'd do and reality. It's been proven beyond doubt that Graham will simply do what is politically expedient. Morality or doing the right thing has nothing to do with it.

no, its just been proven that Sen. Graham is flexible enough to realize when he made a mistake and he is willing to see things another way.

Sure, Graham wasn't very excited about President Trump in 2016, but the results of the Trump Presidency have been superb, and the man from South Carolina isn't afraid to admit it.

You know what. The stock market has been going up for six years before Trump took office. Unemployment numbers to. I love this narrative that the stock market needed Trump to do anything and history started when Trump took office. What I do know is that every day gone, is a day closer to the markets crashing. When that happens what will the line be? The Democrats caused it? Stock markets always do that eventually? The MSM is reporting the wrong thing? I very much suspect that the line won't be it's because the interest rates are to low and Trump ballooned the deficit even further.
Bv9jR8vCEAAnrN2.jpg

You know what. The stock market had been going up for six years before Trump took office. Unemployment numbers to. I love this narrative that the stock market needed Trump to do anything and history started when Trump took office. What I do know is that every day gone, is a day closer to the markets crashing. When that happens what will the line be? The Democrats caused it? Stock markets always do that eventually? The MSM is reporting the wrong thing? I very much suspect that the line won't be it's because the interest rates are to low and Trump ballooned the deficit even further.

On Election Night, Ultraliberal economist Krugman predicted a PERMANENT RECESSION because of Trump's astounding victory.
The fact that Trump was able to prove that to be a lie is pretty significant, no?

Biden huh .......

no, its just been proven that Sen. Graham is flexible enough to realize when he made a mistake and he is willing to see things another way.

Sure, Graham wasn't very excited about President Trump in 2016, but the results of the Trump Presidency have been superb, and the man from South Carolina isn't afraid to admit it.

Ah, holding Clinton to a standard of morality he's now very much NOT holding Trump to is Graham realizing the error of his ways? You know, it's not so much the willful ignorance I mind in people like you. It's the fact that you expect ME to believe you are that gullible.

Last edited:

On Election Night, Ultraliberal economist Krugman predicted a PERMANENT RECESSION because of Trump's astounding victory.
The fact that Trump was able to prove that to be a lie is pretty significant, no?
What significance do you think it holds? Krugman was wrong, so what? Do you think this market will hold forever? Eventually the bottom will fall out. That is a historical fact. When it does, what will you guys claim then? That was my question.

You know what. The stock market has been going up for six years before Trump took office. Unemployment numbers to. I love this narrative that the stock market needed Trump to do anything and history started when Trump took office. What I do know is that every day gone, is a day closer to the markets crashing. When that happens what will the line be? The Democrats caused it? Stock markets always do that eventually? The MSM is reporting the wrong thing? I very much suspect that the line won't be it's because the interest rates are to low and Trump ballooned the deficit even further.
Bv9jR8vCEAAnrN2.jpg
Wow a meme as a rebuttal. Guess you win.

In life, Trump was born on third base and brags about hitting a triple

Same goes for his Presidency

In life, Trump was born on third base and brags about hitting a triple

Same goes for his Presidency

Actually, the Trumpster is the son of an immigrant- which makes the pretense that the man is "anti-immigrant" such bullshit.

Further, the lie that his dad was a Klansman was silly as well- after all Fred Trump married an immigrant gal, against the precepts of the anti-immigrant Triple K.

The McConnell Rule says the Senate is under no obligation to fill a vacant Supreme Court seat

No....that would be the Constitution of the United States rule.....

There is no requirement for the Senate to vote on such matters- none whatsoever, and liberals agree. That's why they refused Judge Pickering an up or down vote when Dubya nominated the man.

The libs also denied a vote to UN Ambassador John Bolton as well. As was, BTW , their right.

Forum List

Back