Do Libertarians have historical perspectives?

Regulations always come after some tragedy. Airline crashes are a classic example.
Which is entirely appropriate.

It's entirely useless. Industry would have changes their policies anyway. All regulations do is ossify one person's solution into concrete.

The complaint was that private industry "allows needless suffering." Government doesn't do any better.
You ideology is not only wrong, it's fucking useless. Learn capitalism my little infant.

Capitalism is my ideology, you dumb asshole.

If you believe a product which is harmful will eventually be discovered by the customer and be pulled from the market you are a callous conservative.

If you are the one introducing that harmful product (i.e. Obamacare), or forcing it on them, you are a callous liberal.

Regulations always come after some tragedy. Airline crashes are a classic example.

It's entirely useless. Industry would have changes their policies anyway. All regulations do is ossify one person's solution into concrete.

The complaint was that private industry "allows needless suffering." Government doesn't do any better.
You ideology is not only wrong, it's fucking useless. Learn capitalism my little infant.

No, it isn't, and you have absolutely no idea what it is.

As it stands, pages later, the self described libertarian leaning Crazy Right Wing, people like you, take offense and responded with personal attacks.

Isn't that what you were doing? Isaac Newton is on the phone, reminding you that for every action there is an equal or opposite reaction. Grow a spine.

Last edited:

No, it isn't, and you have absolutely no idea what it is.

ROFL! See why I call you a dumb asshole?

They have a history of flawed perspective:

"It cannot be denied that Fascism and similar movements aiming at the establishment of dictatorships are full of the best intentions and that their intervention has, for the moment, saved European civilization. The merit that Fascism has thereby won for itself will live on eternally in history."
-- Ludwig von Mises; from The Foundations of Liberal Policy

-

"Fifty years ago, the vigilance of FDA medical officer Dr. Frances Kelsey prevented a public health tragedy of enormous proportion by ensuring that the sedative thalidomide was never approved in the United States"

. - See more at: 50 Years after Thalidomide Why Regulation Matters FDA Voice

Or is it only the Crazy Right Wing so stuck in an ideology they reject the FDA (and many other Federal agencies) as unconstitutional?

My take of libertarianism is that regardless of what they think of the FDA, they'd consider it unconstitutional.

And there is where the rubber meets the road. Pragmatic government demands safeguards, ideologues will allow needless suffering.

Government allows "needless suffering." Regulations always come after some tragedy. Airline crashes are a classic example.

You inability to think and consider any ideas which challenges you to do so is sad. I do pity you.

Last edited:
Pragmatic government demands safeguards, ideologues will allow needless suffering.

The last thing we need is a 'pragmatic government.' Those safeguards can be abused, and you willfully shelter yourself from that reality.

prag·mat·ic
praɡˈmadik/
adjective
  1. dealing with things sensibly and realistically in a way that is based on practical rather than theoretical considerations.
Thus, I infer you want a government to function within a box constricted by ideology.

As it stands, pages later, the self described libertarian leaning Crazy Right Wing, people like you, take offense and responded with personal attacks.

Isn't that what you were doing? Isaac Newton is on the phone, reminding you that for every action there is an equal or opposite reaction. Grow a spine.

I posed a question, one based on the ideas expressed by those who consider themselves libertarians.

Newton's laws are ones of physics; human nature cannot be defined by laws, and even theories are still hotly debated.

I have a spine, I do wonder about your brain. I have no problem getting into a pissing contest with the morons and jerks on this board, don't get self righteous when a look in any mirror will tell show you what you dare to criticize.

"Fifty years ago, the vigilance of FDA medical officer Dr. Frances Kelsey prevented a public health tragedy of enormous proportion by ensuring that the sedative thalidomide was never approved in the United States"

Or is it only the Crazy Right Wing so stuck in an ideology they reject the FDA (and many other Federal agencies) as unconstitutional?

My take of libertarianism is that regardless of what they think of the FDA, they'd consider it unconstitutional.

And there is where the rubber meets the road. Pragmatic government demands safeguards, ideologues will allow needless suffering.

Government allows "needless suffering." Regulations always come after some tragedy. Airline crashes are a classic example.

You inability to think and consider any ideas which challenges you to do so is sad. I do pity you.

I've considered them and discarded.

I've considered them and discarded.

No doubt. It's why I pity you and consider you to be a fool.

Forum List

Back