Do Natural Rights Exist Without Government ?

Just an FYI, I was mocking you in the form of a question, not asking you a question.

So you were afraid to tackle the question and decided to mock me for it? Why are you even debating then? Thanks for admitting you have no answer.

No, I was mocking you for thinking that an atheist can't get past the belief that rights are endowed by God. Can you explain how that works? Is God controlling his mind? Perhaps it is aliens that are using mind control rays.

Full of assumptions aren't you? Who told you I was an atheist?

People also established the concept of rights. It was actually a revolutionary event when it occurred.

The concept of natural rights actually predates history, how did it revolutionize anything? Maybe you should stop pretending you actually know what you are talking about.

You love diversions! What does the concept of zero have to do with anything? People have defined existing things and non existing things. Dont you know this?

Pointing out the flaws in your logic is not a diversion, it is a tactic. For example, you are the one that keeps insisting that the fact that rights is a concept described by man means that they are not natural, now you are trying to argue that the fact that man actually describes things that are real proves me wrong.

I'll bite----how does the concept of natural rights predate history ?

Let me guess, you bought into the lie that it is an outgrowth of the Enlightenment despite the fact that the concept was a fundamental part of the Zoroastrian philosophy.

You think entirely too much of yourself.

Dont be threatened by my confidence. Its ugly that you have no confidence in yourself but would be afraid that I do. I'm actually a humble guy and opened to changing my position if you could only articulate your argument intelligently enough to show me where my natural rights reside separate from someone just saying so.

Misplaced confidence, aka arrogance, never threatened me.

My confidence is in the right place. If it was arrogance I would have already dismissed you as a fool with no ability to transfer any new or helpful information. You must have been afraid. Why else would it occur to you to say this?

That almost sounded like a threat.

The concept of natural rights actually predates history, how did it revolutionize anything? Maybe you should stop pretending you actually know what you are talking about.

Pointing out the flaws in your logic is not a diversion, it is a tactic. For example, you are the one that keeps insisting that the fact that rights is a concept described by man means that they are not natural, now you are trying to argue that the fact that man actually describes things that are real proves me wrong.

Let me guess, you bought into the lie that it is an outgrowth of the Enlightenment despite the fact that the concept was a fundamental part of the Zoroastrian philosophy.

I didn't buy into anything. I think the whole natural rights theory is hogwash.

Great answer! Wait...you actually didn't provide an answer but you did come up with another....diversion!

People also established the concept of rights. It was actually a revolutionary event when it occurred.

You love diversions! What does the concept of zero have to do with anything? People have defined existing things and non existing things. Dont you know this?

How do you know the concept of natural rights predates history? This ought to be good for some laughs.

Its merely a diversion attempting to point out flaws in anything when you have yet to answer a question I have asked.

Because, unlike you, I read.

The diversion here is you insisting on asking a question I have already answered, and then insisting that the fact that I don't keep answering is proof that I don't have an answer. All it really proves is that, despite your delusion that you are God, you don't control my actions, or my rights.

So you were afraid to tackle the question and decided to mock me for it? Why are you even debating then? Thanks for admitting you have no answer.

No, I was mocking you for thinking that an atheist can't get past the belief that rights are endowed by God. Can you explain how that works? Is God controlling his mind? Perhaps it is aliens that are using mind control rays.

I recall calling you deluded, stupid, and ignorant, but I don't ever recall calling you an atheist. Can you point it out for me, I hate to think that my memory is failing me.

How do you know the concept of natural rights predates history? This ought to be good for some laughs.

Its merely a diversion attempting to point out flaws in anything when you have yet to answer a question I have asked.

The diversion here is you insisting on asking a question I have already answered, and then insisting that the fact that I don't keep answering is proof that I don't have an answer. All it really proves is that, despite your delusion that you are God, you don't control my actions, or my rights.

Unless you scrubbed your post you never answered my question. If we have a natural right to life why do we die before we want to? If you have posted that answer please help a brother out and provide the quote or at least the post# the answer is in. Can you accomplish that?

Dont be threatened by my confidence. Its ugly that you have no confidence in yourself but would be afraid that I do. I'm actually a humble guy and opened to changing my position if you could only articulate your argument intelligently enough to show me where my natural rights reside separate from someone just saying so.

My confidence is in the right place. If it was arrogance I would have already dismissed you as a fool with no ability to transfer any new or helpful information. You must have been afraid. Why else would it occur to you to say this?

What's your point?

Great answer! Wait...you actually didn't provide an answer but you did come up with another....diversion!

LEarn to read, you might learn something.

I recall calling you deluded, stupid, and ignorant, but I don't ever recall calling you an atheist. Can you point it out for me, I hate to think that my memory is failing me.

Oops my bad. Let me correct myself.

Full of assumptions aren't you? Who told you I thought an atheist cant get past the belief that rights are endowed by God?

Unless you scrubbed your post you never answered my question. If we have a natural right to life why do we die before we want to? If you have posted that answer please help a brother out and provide the quote or at least the post# the answer is in. Can you accomplish that?

I answered it a long time ago, you refused to reply. My guess is that, if I answered again, you would again refuse to answer, then come back later and pretend the fact that you aren't responding to my posts proves I didn't actually make them.

I'm reading your posts and responding to them. Where did you answer the question?

how does the concept of natural rights predate history ?

Oops my bad. Let me correct myself.

Full of assumptions aren't you? Who told you I thought an atheist cant get past the belief that rights are endowed by God?

That would be you.

What's your point?

You were threatened.

What's your point?

You were threatened.

Will you ever learn to read? I said it almost sounded like a threat, not that it was, or that I felt threatened.

“Natural Law” in the scientific sense is, thus, an old-fashioned concept, and one seldom hears working scientists talking about “natural laws” anymore. In fact, what they are inclined to say is more like “This is the model that makes most sense to me right now.” Physicists, especially of the Copenhagen philosophy, regard “law” as an unfortunate term in itself, redolent of theology, and consciously banish the word from their vocabulary

Natural Law, or Don?t Put a Rubber on Your Willy (Robert Anton Wilson) | The Anarchist Library

I answered it a long time ago, you refused to reply. My guess is that, if I answered again, you would again refuse to answer, then come back later and pretend the fact that you aren't responding to my posts proves I didn't actually make them.

Its real simple either answer the question or point me to where you answered it. What are you afraid of?

Forum List

Back