Do republicans actually believe this is a "Christian nation"?

Lol, TK, it doesn't matter at all what I do.

Yes it does. If you're going to lecture us about our supposed lack of charity and generosity. It matters a great deal what you do.
You're all just full of shit about being true Christians when you whine like little bitches about programs like food stamps.

Let me ask you this:

Is your judgmental attitude about Republicans a Christian one? Of course not. You're a presumptuous child who thinks he knows about the charitable proclivities of others. You assume that we enjoy making poor people suffer. Hardly. Dispense with the emotional arguments. Stop with the crass character attacks.
This question is pretty simple: why do republicans claiming to be Christian cut funding to food stamps if they know most of the funding goes to children?

Because it is your job to raise your child and provide for them and if you can not afford to feed them then you should not be breeding.

Is that harsh!?!

Sure but also responsible seeing you made the choice to create life and with that choice it is your responsibility to feed, cloth, and educate your child and not mine!

As another poster pointed out many Christian groups offer charity and you ignored that individual response because it did not fit your opinion about Christians being so non-Christians.

As for them telling you to get a job, well if you are able to work then you should work and not demand to be given things for free.

I am fine with putting back through some type of training program to get you on your feet and even feeding you for a short period of time, but if you believe I should feed you Steak while you demand I eat chop liver while doing it on my dime, well no dice!

I could give you a fish to eat once or teach you to fish correctly so you can feed yourself...

Also being poor mean you have to make choices to live without that big screen tv or go hungry but you believe you should have that tv, the steak, fancy panties and so much more on the taxpayer dime.

So go get a job and stop mooching!
Your such an idiot. As usual you people think this is about the parents and not the actual kids. You get a hard on telling them suck it up and make it on their own, when the actual welfare they receive is targeted to their kids, not them.

I believe Republicans are more willing to dig down into their own pockets to help those in need while Democrats believe the rich should be taxed to fund welfare programs. On the other hand I believe the Republicans hold more of a belief in the Old Testament's eye-for-an-eye while the Democrats are more likely to follow the New Testament's message of love thy enemy. So as to who is the most Christian, at the moment I'm leaning Libertarians.

I'm curious. In terms of policy, republicans in office do NOTHING for the poor. Their voters are no better in their opinion of this. Many of them claim to live and die by the Bible, but they do NOTHING for the poor. In fact, they take pleasure in self-righteously shaming the poor to "get a job!" Did they forget that anyone on welfare does have a source of income?

The truth of the matter is that republicans don't actually pay attention to the FACTS on welfare. Most recipients of food stamps, for example, are households with children. And because lower wage jobs greatly outnumber higher wage jobs in this country, lifting these families out of poverty isn't about the parents being lazy. The reality of the actual American economy is that millions of people have NO CHOICE but to accept shitty paying jobs. The "attitude of success" among poor people is pretty insignificant when it comes to bettering their lives. Oh, and the overall budget for food stamps is a small fraction of the entire welfare budget.

Now, many of you will want to blame Obama for this, but let me remind you of the obvious fact that the epidemic of shitty paying jobs has been a problem well before Obama. That's what happens when all state minimum wages are WAY behind on inflation.

Oh and let's not also forget the complete lack of compassion for middle eastern refugees. Republicans choose to ignore the actual facts on the vetting process in place to screen these refugees. The truth is that republicans are complete pusssies so they don't care about non-American, innocent families finding safety and security.

"That's what happens when all state minimum wages are WAY behind on inflation."

Just so you will know something.

"Two states have a minimum wage rate lower than the federal minimum wage rate and five states have no minimum wage rate. The federal minimum wage rate applies in these seven states. The other 43 states have higher or the same minimum wage rates as the federal minimum. I simple terms, all 50 states are required either by state or federal law to pay a minimum wage of $7.25 an hour."

Forum List

Back