Do Republicans believe a Muslim should be allowed to serve in public office if elected?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a Muslim and I think that MOST republicans are racists and bigots...life experience here in the US and also here and this very discussion forum.

Well, I'm a Republican and I think most republicans are good people with good hearts, and you are dead wrong.

From my life experiences, in the US.

From this discussion forum?

I've seen most liberals to be complete shit.
Is not up to you to judge yourself unless if you are Trump follower, than that explains it.
As I said being a musl8m I know what most republicans feel about me being Muslim...they are least accepting group, and that goes for lot of other minorities that d ont vote for them for almost the same reason.

1. I've very introspective, and 2. I was more talking of my peers.

"Most republicans"? YOu know "most republicans"? Or are you making assumptions based on what liberals have told you about republicans?
Based on my encounters, also based on the rethoric from the right towards as Muslims, based on this very forum....yes most republicans have a negative view of Islam and Muslims and the contrary can be said about democrats. You trying to deny that is useless to be honest with you. Thats why we vote overwhelmingly against thr GOP although we are conservative in general.
then you are being naive if you dont think a lot of democrats are wary of muslims too...oh sure they will tell you to your face they are with you,its when you are not there that the real feelings come out....
Of course....but conservatives are a lot worse , it's everywhere in the world the right is the least tolerant to other cultures and religions. That's why most minorities vote for the left although those very same minorities are in general conservative.

I'm a Muslim and I think that MOST republicans are racists and bigots...life experience here in the US and also here and this very discussion forum.

Well, I'm a Republican and I think most republicans are good people with good hearts, and you are dead wrong.

Is not up to you to judge yourself unless if you are Trump follower, than that explains it.
As I said being a musl8m I know what most republicans feel about me being Muslim...they are least accepting group, and that goes for lot of other minorities that d ont vote for them for almost the same reason.

"Most republicans"? YOu know "most republicans"? Or are you making assumptions based on what liberals have told you about republicans?
Based on my encounters, also based on the rethoric from the right towards as Muslims, based on this very forum....yes most republicans have a negative view of Islam and Muslims and the contrary can be said about democrats. You trying to deny that is useless to be honest with you. Thats why we vote overwhelmingly against thr GOP although we are conservative in general.

Then you are Democrats. That's another way of saying irrelevant. "You" are just another crackpot minority if you vote on anything other than policies. So tell me; would you vote for an Islamist ahead of a Republican?

Greg
Depends on their politics.

Right now, Republicans hate gays, blacks, Muslims and Hispanics.
They seem to be pro pu$$y grabbing.
They are against women's rights.
The want to end healthcare for tens of millions of Americans to give tax breaks to billionaires.
The seem to be pro Nazi and pro Russia.

So unless a Republicans can convince me these aren't their positions, then I would never vote for one.

If a Muslim is elected to public office, do Republicans feel they should be allowed to server or should they be banned?

I have had many muslim friends in my life they were great people. Just because a person is a muslim doesn't mean they agree with the terrorist ideology. Muslims should be given just as much chance to be elected to public office like everyone else.

Then you are Democrats. That's another way of saying irrelevant. "You" are just another crackpot minority if you vote on anything other than policies. So tell me; would you vote for an Islamist ahead of a Republican?

Greg
Depends on their politics.

Right now, Republicans hate gays, blacks, Muslims and Hispanics.
They seem to be pro pu$$y grabbing.
They are against women's rights.
The want to end healthcare for tens of millions of Americans to give tax breaks to billionaires.
The seem to be pro Nazi and pro Russia.

So unless a Republicans can convince me these aren't their positions, then I would never vote for one.

I-Am-Not-Saying-You-Are-A-Liar-But-You-Are-A-Liar-Meme-Image.jpg

then you are being naive if you dont think a lot of democrats are wary of muslims too...oh sure they will tell you to your face they are with you,its when you are not there that the real feelings come out....
Of course....but conservatives are a lot worse , it's everywhere in the world the right is the least tolerant to other cultures and religions. That's why most minorities vote for the left although those very same minorities are in general conservative.
the far left is just as intolerant to other cultures and religions as the far right is...

the far left is just as intolerant to other cultures and religions as the far right is...
Baseless Bovine Excrement.

the far left and right?....you bet they are....

You want to see what intolerance looks like??......

Gordon Klingenschmitt: Christians Must Run For Office So The Church Can ‘Take Over The Government’ | Right Wing Watch

In 2014, Religious Right activist Gordon Klingenschmitt was elected to a seat in the Colorado House of Representatives, despite his long history of extremist views and outrageous statements. Even though his term in office was repeatedly marked by controversy, Klingenschmitt decided to run for a seat in the state senate in 2016, only to lose the Republican primary, bringing his short political career to an end.

Despite his rather ignominious record, Klingenschmitt has now written a book entitled “How To Liberate The World in 30 Days: A Step-by-Step Guide to Take Back Your Country,” which he claims will teach conservative Christian how to get more involved in politics in order to save America.

If a Muslim is elected to public office, do Republicans feel they should be allowed to server or should they be banned?

I don't believe ANYONE who identifies themselves as a member of ANY religion over their identity as an American is fit to serve in public office.

Last edited:

I don't believe ANYONE who identifies themselves as a member of ANY religion over their identity as an American is unfit to serve in public office.
No one here is talking about identity. We are talking about the ability and willingness to uphold the constitution and protect out tradition of a secular government.

No one here is talking about identity. We are talking about the ability and willingness to uphold the constitution and protect out tradition of a secular government.

If one identifies themselves as a member of a particular religion not only should their loyalty to the nation be questioned, but their basic common sense and morality.

If one identifies themselves as a member of a particular religion not only should their loyalty to the nation be questioned, but their basic common sense and morality.
Now I don't know what you're talking about . You last two posts seem to contradict each other.

Your # 209:

I don't believe ANYONE who identifies themselves as a member of ANY religion over their identity as an American is unfit to serve in public office.

Last edited:
Now I don't know what you're talking about . You last two posts seem to contradict each other.

Your # 209:

I don't believe ANYONE who identifies themselves as a member of ANY religion over their identity as an American is fit to serve in public office.

My apologies. It should have read, as it does now above "fit to serve" not "unfit to serve". Nobody who holds ANY allegiance above their allegiance to this nation and its culture should be allowed to hold ANY office, or even citizenship.

Your # 209:

My apologies. It should have read, as it does now above "fit to serve" not "unfit to serve". Nobody who holds ANY allegiance above their allegiance to this nation and its culture should be allowed to hold ANY office, or even citizenship.

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of course they should be allowed to serve if elected. Is your view of your fellow Americans really that twisted? get out and get some fresh air. Were not talking about fringe groups here, the average person who understands the rule of law and the way elections are supposed to work are both democrat and republican.

its ok with me , i'm not one of those younger Americans !!
------------------------------ check it out , its younger people that are building the modern USA Society . See the youngish and woman and others that voted 'mrobama' , hilary and those that want 'bernie' . See the youngers that want more immigration and other societal ills . See the youngers that reject the capitalist society and world that their parents built for generations until it was the best in the world . These youngers deserve what they get OldYeller.

--------------------------------------- stay where you belong and build a viable successful society but i guess that you can't eh Issa !!

You want to see what intolerance looks like??......

Gordon Klingenschmitt: Christians Must Run For Office So The Church Can ‘Take Over The Government’ | Right Wing Watch

In 2014, Religious Right activist Gordon Klingenschmitt was elected to a seat in the Colorado House of Representatives, despite his long history of extremist views and outrageous statements. Even though his term in office was repeatedly marked by controversy, Klingenschmitt decided to run for a seat in the state senate in 2016, only to lose the Republican primary, bringing his short political career to an end.

Despite his rather ignominious record, Klingenschmitt has now written a book entitled “How To Liberate The World in 30 Days: A Step-by-Step Guide to Take Back Your Country,” which he claims will teach conservative Christian how to get more involved in politics in order to save America.
i know what intolerance is.....if you want a far left example right here in this forum read any thread by dean,tiger69,lakota the list goes on....

I guess it's more of a rhetorical question, but the answer would be different if asked 5 or 10 years ago, even more so 20-25 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back