Do Republicans see any need for scientists?

I think it's hilarious that libtards need scientists to tell them that we have climate change. Shit, I been knowing about winter, spring, summer, and fall my whole life.
Pour shit into a barrel and eventually, you have a barrel full of shit. Do you believe that?

What kind of scientists are you talking about? The kind who keep an open mind to ALL possibilities or the kind who take government grants from liberals, then give them the results they want for political gain?

So just because the results come out in favor of what the study is for, it HAS to be false. You realize the fallacy in that right?
No, when data that doesn't support what their liberal bosses want, gets removed from the reports, they're hiding the truth. Nice try though.
Scientific Integrity in Policy Making (2004)

Interesting reading.

My new truck has a 48 gallon...wait for it...diesel tank and a giant V8 diesel motor, just doing my part to reduce global warming.

From their comments, it's questionable. They think scientists just get government money but don't really do anything of importance?

The newest R-Derp whine? You're scraping the bottom of the barrel, little buddy! Hillary got smoked and you don't know what to do now...do you?

Like Pol Pot. He'd get his henchmen to say "all teachers come forwards, we need you to do important work" and take them off to be shot. He didn't want anyone smarter than he was, and he wasn't that smart. My last boss was the same. The only people who'd survive were the ones who licked ass all the time and never made themselves look good.

If you've read the conservatives' posts over the years, most consider themselves very knowledgeable in all fields. They are confident they can hold their own in any debate with experts in any field. Science, economics, military strategy, political science, the list is long, and in any discourse in which they participate, facts take a backseat to their right wing talking points.

Conservatives typically decry education and denounce individuals and entire groups with advanced degrees, as elitist. It is often the case that conservatives lack the ability for analytical thought, which is why most prefer to let their clergy and political leaders govern what ideologies they hold. These ideologies are typically set at an early age and are nearly impossible for the individual conservative to escape. It leaves analytical thought and reasoning forever out of reach for these people.

As you state, such people hate those they realize are more intelligent and possess more knowledge, which is one reason right-wingers fight to keep wages low. Helping hold back those with superior intellects and those who excel beyond the limitations of the right-wingers' abilities is one reason they like to see the fat cats’ unethical business practices cheat average Americans.

Why else do conservatives fight to elect legislators who pass laws to increase the fat cats’ rights to exploit workers, cheat consumers, and protect corporate profits through deregulation. It is beyond reason why conservatives want Big Business to have the right to poison the air and water we need to sustain life.

It is not uncommon for employees who actually earn their income through skill, knowledge, and contributions to the success of their companies to be let go because they make those in higher positions, or even the owner himself (or herself) feel inferior.

Conservatism is defined as: dislike of change or new ideas in a particular area(s). While liberalism is defined as: belief in the value of social and political change in order to achieve progress.

It is easy to see why conservatives hate liberals, conservatism demands stagnation, and that is the death of any society. Consistent progress and adaptation guarantee survival. Like it or not, this is true for all living things, and societies.

Another asswipe that still has his panties in a bunch. Go back to your safe space.

You wanted slavery. We fixed that. You didn't allow blacks to vote. We fixed that. You support the new plantation idiot democrats created, meanwhile our new Attorney General desegregated school and prosecuted idiots like you.

From their comments, it's questionable. They think scientists just get government money but don't really do anything of importance?

We love science. We just don't pretend science is something everyone can just vote on. Science is fact,not consensus.

We are also aware of the limits of science. And how power mad liars such as yourself can use it to deceive people

Like Pol Pot. He'd get his henchmen to say "all teachers come forwards, we need you to do important work" and take them off to be shot. He didn't want anyone smarter than he was, and he wasn't that smart. My last boss was the same. The only people who'd survive were the ones who licked ass all the time and never made themselves look good.

If you've read the conservatives' posts over the years, most consider themselves very knowledgeable in all fields. They are confident they can hold their own in any debate with experts in any field. Science, economics, military strategy, political science, the list is long, and in any discourse in which they participate, facts take a backseat to their right wing talking points.

Conservatives typically decry education and denounce individuals and entire groups with advanced degrees, as elitist. It is often the case that conservatives lack the ability for analytical thought, which is why most prefer to let their clergy and political leaders govern what ideologies they hold. These ideologies are typically set at an early age and are nearly impossible for the individual conservative to escape. It leaves analytical thought and reasoning forever out of reach for these people.

As you state, such people hate those they realize are more intelligent and possess more knowledge, which is one reason right-wingers fight to keep wages low. Helping hold back those with superior intellects and those who excel beyond the limitations of the right-wingers' abilities is one reason they like to see the fat cats’ unethical business practices cheat average Americans.

Why else do conservatives fight to elect legislators who pass laws to increase the fat cats’ rights to exploit workers, cheat consumers, and protect corporate profits through deregulation. It is beyond reason why conservatives want Big Business to have the right to poison the air and water we need to sustain life.

It is not uncommon for employees who actually earn their income through skill, knowledge, and contributions to the success of their companies to be let go because they make those in higher positions, or even the owner himself (or herself) feel inferior.

Conservatism is defined as: dislike of change or new ideas in a particular area(s). While liberalism is defined as: belief in the value of social and political change in order to achieve progress.

It is easy to see why conservatives hate liberals, conservatism demands stagnation, and that is the death of any society. Consistent progress and adaptation guarantee survival. Like it or not, this is true for all living things, and societies.
A lot of what you said I agree with until I got to this:

Different beliefs don't really have much to do with "intelligence". I watched a video of children looking at a commercial with a black father and a white mother and a biracial child.

Revisit those children as adults. I suspect for several, their reactions might be very different.

Just because people are raised exposed to serious propaganda and have been brainwashed from an early age to believe something that has no basis in fact doesn't mean they are stupid. It takes an intelligent person to come up with something like "irreducible complexity". It takes serious study to debunk something so insidious. But debunked, it has been.

Another asswipe that still has his panties in a bunch. Go back to your safe space.

You wanted slavery. We fixed that. You didn't allow blacks to vote. We fixed that. You support the new plantation idiot democrats created, meanwhile our new Attorney General desegregated school and prosecuted idiots like you.
Wow, someone with zero knowledge of history comments. Didn't see that coming.

Those Insane Early Voting Lines Were a Direct Result of Republican Voter Suppression

The newest R-Derp whine? You're scraping the bottom of the barrel, little buddy! Hillary got smoked and you don't know what to do now...do you?
Your post is in the wrong place.

I'm not R but am conservative, so I feel I can answer. No, not at all. The world is flat, there's no need for birth control or doctors.

Ya think we don't know your angle?
Rderp you are as old as me.. And your just spinning this to put blind faith in to junk science.

I put my blind faith into something that's real... God

But most importantly to me is mother Mary she never lets me down when I ask her for help

Of course....they are the ones who have to show the democrat, totalitarians and their fake man made global warming lies as the lies they are.......and that can only be done with real science since democrats and other left wing stooges don't understand facts, truth or reality....and merely leap at the last thing the democrats in power say....

A lot of what you said I agree with until I got to this:

Different beliefs don't really have much to do with "intelligence". I watched a video of children looking at a commercial with a black father and a white mother and a biracial child.

Revisit those children as adults. I suspect for several, their reactions might be very different.

Just because people are raised exposed to serious propaganda and have been brainwashed from an early age to believe something that has no basis in fact doesn't mean they are stupid. It takes an intelligent person to come up with something like "irreducible complexity". It takes serious study to debunk something so insidious. But debunked, it has been.

I'll add to this.

Germany and Austria, or more specifically East Germany and West Germany.

After WW2 Germany was split into 4 parts and Berlin too, also Austria. The West Germans had to bear the brunt of culpability for WW2. Austria was told that they had been annexed by the Germans and so it wasn't their fault, and the Soviets only cared that the East Germans were good Communists or not.

Over the period of time of East and West Germany as separate countries, the West were taught that racism was wrong etc. Some on the right would call this "indoctrination", they were taught to tolerate people and be nicer to those around them. The result? Less racism.

table-7-map-npd-state-level-elections.png

The NPD is a racist party. Their membership is highest by far in the former East Germany.

table-7-map-npd-state-level-elections.png

Their votes in elections is much higher in the East.

The point here is that you can train kids to be tolerant, to live together as a society. Or you can let them go feral and struggle to live together.

Some on the right seem to revel in this conflict. They like to find the gaps in people's thinking to exploit and to get their way. They find it easier to shout out nationalistic (patriotic?) nonsense, rather than actually deal with the problems and find solutions for them. People like Palin would never get very far in government in China, for example, a place where govt workers move up because they actually do good work. They only do well in a system which encourages people who are willing to shout out the prejudices of people who haven't been taught to respect others around them.

You might call it indoctrination. But the reality is everyone has to learn to live in society. Also, the right are all for teaching what they want people to know, like creationism. So the term indoctrination isn't so far from what they actually want. They merely shout "indoctrination" when kids are learning things they oppose. It's a simple tactic, trying to tar what they don't like, rather than have a decent argument to actually convince people it's the right way.

Ya think we don't know your angle?
Rderp you are as old as me.. And your just spinning this to put blind faith in to junk science.

I put my blind faith into something that's real... God

But most importantly to me is mother Mary she never lets me down when I ask her for help
I don't know what to say. I didn't even know Mary had magical powers like her son.

Some of them are.juar political hacks. I know several scientist a, some democrat and some republican, most Christian and they think this politicalization of science is really really bad

DERP DERP DERP DERPDERP DERP DERP DERPDERP DERP DERP DERPDERP DERP DERP DERPDERP DERP DERP DERPDERP DERP DERP DERPDERP DERP DERP DERP

DERP DERP DERP DERPDERP DERP DERP DERPDERP DERP DERP DERPDERP DERP DERP DERPDERP DERP DERP DERPDERP DERP DERP DERPDERP DERP DERP DERP

We are done with your settled scientists and your settled science.....
I'm curious. What is "settled" science? Do you have any examples?

Forum List

Back