Do Republicans think Iraq would be stable now if the US stayed?

As a arm chair quarterback, which in fact we all are, within the context of "if", my assumption is that without the capitulation and withdrawal of US and foreign military presence ISIS would only be active in heavily populated Sunni Muslim regions of Libya and possibly a small portion of Syria. As for bombing US positions, they would get their collective ass toasted. But then again "if" is nothing more than speculation sprinkled with bull shit:)

IF a group called "ISIS" even came to exist at all. I believe ISIS is nothing more than the resurgence of alQaeda by another name. It's the same radical fundamental Islamist extremists pushing the same fanaticism. Until we finish them off they are going to continue to come after us because that is their objective. We've not seen the worst of it by a long shot yet.

And if anyone here is stupid enough to believe that the United States Military doesn't have the hardware capability and technological know-how to wipe out this bunch of 5th century scum riding around in pickups with machine guns, you're fucking delusional.

As a arm chair quarterback, which in fact we all are, within the context of "if", my assumption is that without the capitulation and withdrawal of US and foreign military presence ISIS would only be active in heavily populated Sunni Muslim regions of Libya and possibly a small portion of Syria. As for bombing US positions, they would get their collective ass toasted. But then again "if" is nothing more than speculation sprinkled with bull shit:)
so our presense would have made the Shia Iraqi army an actual military tool?

We didn't invade Lybia . They were already in rebellion . We just helped to keep the Libya Air Force away from bombing the rebels .

Forum List

Back