Do voters understand that GOP economics is a catastrophe in the making?

Let’s put aside the merits of leftwing American politics. We’ll just agree to disagree on that for now. Let’s just discuss the viability of GOP economics which is the fantasy of trickledown/supply side economics. Sure that shit sounds good until - you know - one thinks about it from a logical standpoint. Giving corporations more capital to sell products doesn’t somehow translate into more demand from the consumers. That isn’t how economics work. Our economy is a CONSUMER driven economy. It depends on people spending money. That is how it has ALWAYS worked. Corporations in this day age are wealthier than ever before. That means that when they get big tax breaks, they don’t invest the money they save. Why? Because it’s easier to just keep it. Why invest in labor if they are already wealthier than ever before?

Doesn’t it bother republicans that the GOP does NOTHING for the middle class? A strong middle class is how you keep this economy viable because they are the biggest CONSUMERS. A time will come when this economy will fail because of GOP economics. Rich people can’t stay rich if the wages of the middle class and poor remain way behind on inflation.

How can one possibly justify GOP policy?
Republicans do nothing for the middle class but Democrats will tax the shit out of them. How is that helping them.

You don't cut taxes in a boom economy, unless you have a balance budget. You don't give the middle class disappearing tax cuts, and give the wealthy permanent tax cuts. Those are Republican policies. If you're not going to be the world's policeman, you don't need the biggest, most expensive army in the world. War is expensive, and putting it on the credit care is worse.

Democrats tax the shit out of the RICH, not the middle class. Republicans are taxing the middle class to pay for earned income credits for poor workers employed by the richest companies in America. Everything since Reagan has been put on the government's credit card for your children to pay for it. Young people are mad as hell. You lived the good life, they have to pay for it.

You don't give the middle class disappearing tax cuts, and give the wealthy permanent tax cuts.

The Dems are free to write a bill to make the middle class cuts permanent.
Why haven't they?

Democrats tax the shit out of the RICH, not the middle class.

When is the last time the Dems cut middle class taxes?
Obama gave the biggest middle class tax cut since Reagan.

I don't believe you.
Show me the cut he gave.
I love how your dumbass just hopes I won’t back up my claim while you, pathetically, don’t ever provide sources of your own. It’s so nauseating. I feel like I am talking to a child.

The Self-Imposed Economic Meltdown That Never Happened

You don't cut taxes in a boom economy, unless you have a balance budget. You don't give the middle class disappearing tax cuts, and give the wealthy permanent tax cuts. Those are Republican policies. If you're not going to be the world's policeman, you don't need the biggest, most expensive army in the world. War is expensive, and putting it on the credit care is worse.

Democrats tax the shit out of the RICH, not the middle class. Republicans are taxing the middle class to pay for earned income credits for poor workers employed by the richest companies in America. Everything since Reagan has been put on the government's credit card for your children to pay for it. Young people are mad as hell. You lived the good life, they have to pay for it.

You don't give the middle class disappearing tax cuts, and give the wealthy permanent tax cuts.

Why haven't they?

I don't believe you.
Show me the cut he gave.

American Taxpayer Relief Act Of 2012

Thanks for the link.

Now explain the previous rates and the rates after his huge middle class tax cut.

Feel free to cut and paste from your link......if you think it will help your claim.
Lol you are so pitiful. How about you counter this claim with your own if you think it is bullshit?

Why haven't they?

I don't believe you.
Show me the cut he gave.

Thanks for the link.

Now explain the previous rates and the rates after his huge middle class tax cut.

Feel free to cut and paste from your link......if you think it will help your claim.

I made no claim. You wanted a link to Obama's tax cuts which I provided for you.

Republicans do nothing for the middle class but Democrats will tax the shit out of them. How is that helping them.

Why haven't they?

I don't believe you.
Show me the cut he gave.
I love how your dumbass just hopes I won’t back up my claim while you, pathetically, don’t ever provide sources of your own. It’s so nauseating. I feel like I am talking to a child.

The Self-Imposed Economic Meltdown That Never Happened

I love how your dumbass just hopes I won’t back up my claim

So back it up, idiot.

It’s so nauseating. I feel like I am talking to a child.

You're getting taken to the woodshed by a child? Funny!

Why haven't they?

I don't believe you.
Show me the cut he gave.

Thanks for the link.

I made no claim. You wanted a link to Obama's tax cuts which I provided for you.

Sorry. I wanted Billy zero IQ to back up his claim.
But thanks again for the link that didn't actually show any Obama tax cuts.

I don't believe you.
Show me the cut he gave.

Thanks for the link.

Only if you are unable to read.

I don't believe you.
Show me the cut he gave.

Thanks for the link.

You can always post the pre and post-cut rates.

Can you imagine how the deficit is going to explode when the recession comes? Not that I'm hoping for one, but it's inevitable, and I certainly hope the King of Debt rightly bears the blame for the the debt created by his sugar high tax cut for the rich. We would see next to 0% interest rates if borrowers didn't demand a better return as we slide towards bankrupting the country.

How dare you speak poorly of Obama!

Somehow you missed this massive tax increase.

Full List of Obama Tax Hikes

1. A 156 percent increase in the federal excise tax on tobacco: On February 4, 2009, just sixteen days into his Administration, Obama signed into law a 156 percent increase in the federal excise tax on tobacco, a hike of 61 cents per pack. The median income of smokers is just over $36,000 per year.

2. Obamacare Individual Mandate Excise Tax (takes effect in Jan 2014): Starting in 2014, anyone not buying “qualifying” health insurance – as defined by Obama-appointed HHS bureaucrats -- must pay an income surtax according to the higher of the following:

1 Adult

2 Adults

3+ Adults

1% AGI/$95

1% AGI/$190

1% AGI/$285

2% AGI/$325

2% AGI/$650

2% AGI/$975

2016 +

2.5% AGI/$695

2.5% AGI/$1390

2.5% AGI/$2085

The Congressional Budget Office recently estimated that six million American families will be liable for the tax, and as Americans for Tax Reform has pointed out, 100 percent of Americans filing a tax return (140 million filers) will be forced to submit paperwork to the IRS showing they had “qualifying” health insurance for every month of the tax year. Bill: PPACA; Page: 317-337)

3. Obamacare Employer Mandate Tax (takes effect Jan. 2014): If an employer does not offer health coverage, and at least one employee qualifies for a health tax credit, the employer must pay an additional non-deductible tax of $2000 for all full-time employees. Applies to all employers with 50 or more employees. If any employee actually receives coverage through the exchange, the penalty on the employer for that employee rises to $3000. If the employer requires a waiting period to enroll in coverage of 30-60 days, there is a $400 tax per employee ($600 if the period is 60 days or longer). Bill: PPACA; Page: 345-346

Combined score of individual and employer mandate tax penalty: $65 billion/10 years

[...]

Full List of Obama Tax Hikes | Americans for Tax Reform

Our economy is a CONSUMER driven economy. It depends on people spending money. That is how it has ALWAYS worked. Corporations in this day age are wealthier than ever before. That means that when they get big tax breaks, they don’t invest the money they save. Why?
WHO is making them rich?

Believe me you, if the major sports leagues
announced publicly tomorrow they are collectively
giving Nike an ultimatum...

Build 3 factories in the U.S., else we are all going to Adidas
And the public rallies behind the movement and vows
to stop purchasing their merchandise

Their will be 3 Nike factories in the U.S.

If you don't like wealthy people,
stop using Amazon, go without a cell phone
get rid of the cable, don't use Facebook...

Get it

Europe does NOT have better healthcare. You are one of the lemmings that buys into the WHO rankings aren't you. They take many things into account that have nothing to do with actual healthcare. The criteria they use are skewed to make Socialized systems look better. The bottom line is that the US has the best doctors and the best quality care on average. You are a lemming. I don't really care what you think because you don't "think" at all, you just soak up what you are told.

Guy, I kind of suspect you don't even have a passport and have never been outside the US.

Having the best doctors doesn't mean shit if you can't access them, because you have no insurance or inadequate insurance. It's like starving to death while watching people in a nice restaurant eat expensive food. The reason why those European countries rate higher on EVERY metric is because of access, not quality.

When you don't have to worry about a visit to the doctor wiping out your monthly budget, you are more likely to have that pain checked out before it turns into something more serious.

This isn't complicated at all..

You live in a crappy, blue state. That is why you may not be doing as well. That isn't my fault. That is YOUR fault. Stop voting for the idiots that are destroying your state.

Again, let us know which state you live in, I'll bet you that IL rates better.

People who PAY for healthcare should get better amenities, not care, but amenities. I am sure your are one of the folks who thinks projects should be built in the middle of a golf course community just for the sake of fairness.

Why not? Why do we have "golf course communities" to start with? Let's tear down the golf course and put up affordable housing.

Guy, I kind of suspect you don't even have a passport and have never been outside the US.

Yes, I have a passport and have been out of the country on many occasions. I used to travel for work, no longer. There is no other country I envy.

The reason why those European countries rate higher on EVERY metric is because of access, not quality.

Americans and even illegals have access to healthcare. It is a complete farce that they don't. An illegal homeless person on the street can walk into a public hospital and get treated for free by the same doctor that would treat an insurance card carrying American. With the access myth debunked over and over, QUALITY is the number one thing that should matter. Who gives a crap if you have "free" health insurance if the doctors don't have the skills nor the resources to help you? Pharma saves our butts in the US. The lack of healthcare innovation in these other countries as compared to the US is astoundingly low.

Again, let us know which state you live in, I'll bet you that IL rates better.

Not going to divulge my location, but I already told you I live in a red Southern state. The correlation between wages and the cost of living make it MUCH more attractive than any blue state. I had relatives living outside of Chicago and their home was what I would call average at best for my area and yet he was a very high ranking and well paid engineer with a masters from Northwestern. He would come to visit and talk about how much of a paycut he could take to come here and have a much nicer home and community. They have since moved. He moved to another high cost of living area in the NW because the position he was offered was too good to turn down. His salary went up again, putting him in rare air as far as income, yet all he can reasonably afford is still what I would call very nice, but nowhere near what the upper crust have in my area.

Why not? Why do we have "golf course communities" to start with? Let's tear down the golf course and put up affordable housing.

Right, I mean, lets just kill the American dream all together. You need some help.

Thanks for the link.

You can always post the pre and post-cut rates.

Or you could read the link. Seemed to me the discussion was over whether or not Obama had a large middle class tax cut. He did.

Somehow you missed this massive tax increase.

Full List of Obama Tax Hikes

1. A 156 percent increase in the federal excise tax on tobacco: On February 4, 2009, just sixteen days into his Administration, Obama signed into law a 156 percent increase in the federal excise tax on tobacco, a hike of 61 cents per pack. The median income of smokers is just over $36,000 per year.

2. Obamacare Individual Mandate Excise Tax (takes effect in Jan 2014): Starting in 2014, anyone not buying “qualifying” health insurance – as defined by Obama-appointed HHS bureaucrats -- must pay an income surtax according to the higher of the following:

1 Adult

2 Adults

3+ Adults

1% AGI/$95

1% AGI/$190

1% AGI/$285

2% AGI/$325

2% AGI/$650

2% AGI/$975

2016 +

2.5% AGI/$695

2.5% AGI/$1390

2.5% AGI/$2085

The Congressional Budget Office recently estimated that six million American families will be liable for the tax, and as Americans for Tax Reform has pointed out, 100 percent of Americans filing a tax return (140 million filers) will be forced to submit paperwork to the IRS showing they had “qualifying” health insurance for every month of the tax year. Bill: PPACA; Page: 317-337)

3. Obamacare Employer Mandate Tax (takes effect Jan. 2014): If an employer does not offer health coverage, and at least one employee qualifies for a health tax credit, the employer must pay an additional non-deductible tax of $2000 for all full-time employees. Applies to all employers with 50 or more employees. If any employee actually receives coverage through the exchange, the penalty on the employer for that employee rises to $3000. If the employer requires a waiting period to enroll in coverage of 30-60 days, there is a $400 tax per employee ($600 if the period is 60 days or longer). Bill: PPACA; Page: 345-346

Combined score of individual and employer mandate tax penalty: $65 billion/10 years

[...]

Full List of Obama Tax Hikes | Americans for Tax Reform

It was asked to show where Obama enacted middle class tax cuts. I didn't miss anything. I provided a link to what was asked for.

Yes, I have a passport and have been out of the country on many occasions. I used to travel for work, no longer. There is no other country I envy.

Just like you won't name what red state you live in, you won't name what countries you've supposedly visited.

Americans and even illegals have access to healthcare. It is a complete farce that they don't. An illegal homeless person on the street can walk into a public hospital and get treated for free by the same doctor that would treat an insurance card carrying American.

Guy, being able to walk into an emergency room when you are really, really sick and they keep you from dying is not "access"..it's damage control.

Nobody walks into an ER unless they have to. That's the point.

Not going to divulge my location, but I already told you I live in a red Southern state.

Of course you aren't. Because you know damned well that if you did, I dig up all the stats showing like most Red States, the only thing that keeps it from being a third world country is membership in the US... and you guys still celebrate that time you tried to leave.

With the access myth debunked over and over, QUALITY is the number one thing that should matter. Who gives a crap if you have "free" health insurance if the doctors don't have the skills nor the resources to help you? Pharma saves our butts in the US. The lack of healthcare innovation in these other countries as compared to the US is astoundingly low.

Okay, a couple points here. First, their medical innovation is just as good as ours, and most "Pharma" companies are multi-national. Bayer is German, Glaxo is British, Sanofi is French.

List of largest biomedical companies by revenue - Wikipedia

International Innovation Index - Wikipedia

The only thing America leads in is people who think Angels are a real thing.

His salary went up again, putting him in rare air as far as income, yet all he can reasonably afford is still what I would call very nice, but nowhere near what the upper crust have in my area.

Again, no one is impressed by your Double Wide, Cleetus.

Nobody walks into an ER unless they have to. That's the point.

Boy are you uninformed. You should talk to some ER docs about that.

Of course you aren't. Because you know damned well that if you did, I dig up all the stats showing like most Red States, the only thing that keeps it from being a third world country is membership in the US... and you guys still celebrate that time you tried to leave.

LOL...like I have said many times before. The blue state folks are coming down in droves because they visit and say to themselves, I can make almost as much money, the taxes are lower, I can live in a much nicer/cleaner area, it is prettier, there are less people and I can have a much higher standard of living, including a much nicer home. You lefties are pretty dumb and naive and frankly I like it that way. All I ask of those that come, is to think about the politicians that caused the issues you are trying to escape. Don't be dumb and vote for the same idiots when you come down.

The only thing America leads in is people who think Angels are a real thing.

Yeah we are such a terrible nation. We have a large population that has morals and we have you nuts.

Again, no one is impressed by your Double Wide, Cleetus.

Yep, that's us...all living in double wides. Maybe you should start looking around on Zillow for fun. It will be very sobering to you though once you realize just how bad you really have it in that blue state of yours.

Forum List

Back