Do we have a cop problem or a racist problem?

EdwardBaiamonte

Platinum Member
Nov 23, 2011
Blacks are 50% of the prison population so we can assume they commit around 50% of the crime in this country, but cops shoot white guys 75% of the time. This means that there is no racial problem but perhaps a cop problem in that they seem too quick to shoot and kill both whites and blacks.

Why does it always have to be one and not the other?

Also you assumption is wild. Heres why? Blacks are harassed and confronted by police more often, with more frequency, charged with minor crimes more often, accused of assault more and prison sentences are typically longer or more harsh than their white counterparts.

Knowing AND defending those facts allows you to then turn around and claim "Hey, they're MUST be in prison for a reason"

As long as the unequal treatment and unfair harassment isnt considered the only "reason" left is they're just bad.

We saw the report from Fergueson...Theres another report in California that shows the same thing. You saw the racist emails passed around the departments.

And your conclusion is: Blacks are a large part of prison SO they must be a large part of crime

Blacks are 50% of the prison population so we can assume they commit around 50% of the crime in this country, but cops shoot white guys 75% of the time. This means that there is no racial problem but perhaps a cop problem in that they seem too quick to shoot and kill both whites and blacks.

African American cops shoot other blacks at a higher percentage than white cops do. That would tell me its a Cop problem rather than a Race problem. Its easy to pick out sensational storys and hold them up as the standard, but that would never hold up in any societal study. People and circumstances are to complex .

a fast track answer to the racial problem in the us....stop shooting black men..step one....dont make living while black a crime....that might help

Also you assumption is wild. Heres why? Blacks are harassed and confronted by police more often, with more frequency, charged with minor crimes more often, accused of assault more and prison sentences are typically longer or more harsh than their white counterparts.

Knowing AND defending those facts allows you to then turn around and claim "Hey, they're MUST be in prison for a reason"

As long as the unequal treatment and unfair harassment isnt considered the only "reason" left is they're just bad.

We saw the report from Fergueson...Theres another report in California that shows the same thing. You saw the racist emails passed around the departments.

And your conclusion is: Blacks are a large part of prison SO they must be a large part of crime

Sure racism is part of it, but it also varies from region to region, and probably even county to county, racism is also not a river that flows in one direction, a lot of people are saturated with it and it keeps people stuck in the mud so to speak

matthew when you can get arrested for walking while black....then its no surprise they have a high crime rate

One remarkable statistic included in the newly released federal report on the Ferguson Police Department reveals that when police officers make arrests for jaywalking, the suspect is almost always black. Although blacks account for two thirds of Ferguson's population, fully 95 percent of those charged with the violating the the municipal ordinance on "manner of walking along roadway" are black.

The risks of walking while black in Ferguson - The Washington Post

Blacks have the problem as they're the ones doing 50% of all crimes. Maybe they should clean up?

They should clean up and drop the hip-hop BS but that is not our subject. Our subject is that cops should have different rules so they don't kill us without a good reason.

One thing is obvious....Cops just aren't very bright people on the whole. They collectively still don't seem to understand that cameras and people with smartphones are everywhere. They still act like it's 1990, example:
NYPD officer accused of stealing cash as he frisked someone caught on video Daily Mail Online

I've relayed this before on USMB and called a liar, but it's true: I tapped the bumper of a squad car in a parking lot outside the Elizabeth, NJ courthouse (Union County) many years ago. The cop jumped out, inspected the bumper (no visible damage) but decided to give me a ration of $h!t anyway. Then said we could take care of the problem by visiting an ATM around the corner, to the tune of $300 in cash. I was not given any other options.

If this happened today you can bet your sour ass I would have jumped out of my car with my iPhone on video, volume pumped.

Yes, there's a cop problem.

Last edited:
African American cops shoot other blacks at a higher percentage than white cops do. .

I'm too lazy to look that one up but if you have a link I'd love to see it.

Heres one, by the way though, it probably does differ by region in coming up with a national average, but never th eless its a 32% differential

Deadly Force in Black and White - ProPublica

Who is killing all those black men and boys?

Mostly white officers. But in hundreds of instances, black officers, too. Black officers account for a little more than10 percent of all fatal police shootings. Of those they kill, though, 78 percent were black.

White officers, given their great numbers in so many of the country's police departments, are well represented in all categories of police killings. White officers killed 91percent of the whites who died at the hands of police. And they were responsible for 68 percent of the people of color killed. Those people of color represented 46 percent of all those killed by white officers.

African American cops shoot other blacks at a higher percentage than white cops do. .

I'm too lazy to look that one up but if you have a link I'd love to see it.

It doesnt mention anything about what percentage of the white officers are Hispanic, so for people counting Race, that would be another take on it as well

I'm sure its cop problem. In my town they killed two guys. One was surrounded by 5 cops with guns out. They told him to drop the 2x4 he was brandishing. He did not so they killed him. The other case was similar. I saw identical thing happen in front of White House. The rules need to change. I think its as simple as that.

We have a racist cop problem.

A KKK ring of prison employees was just busted in Florida.

It's not an easy problem to solve. On one hand black people have gotten so out of control and so violent that their peacefullness is not assumed.

On the other hand police forces have gotten so politically correct that they can no longer attract quality candidates. If you think it's bad now wait until tatted up gang bangers from foreign countries get a gun and a badge.

I think we have a people problem. It's not limited to cops and bad guys. It's an overall, simultaneous loss of both responsibility, and higher mental function across the board, in all walks of life. From the dipstick burger flipper who can't figure out change, to the damn bank teller who with a god damn calculator incorrectly did his math (while I did the math in my head and corrected his dumb ass four times,) to the idiot movie/sports stars, to the politicians.

Sorry folks, this country is down right stupid as a whole - and this kind of shit is what happens when stupid people are led by corrupt (or stupid) media/politicians/friends/parents.

And blacks commit more crime than their population level....so cops in those neighborhoods deal with more criminality and more confrontation than they do in other communities....and the hostility bounces back and forth....

Tell you what.....you go walk a beat in those neighborhoods.....see what happens to you......

You know......you never hear of the asian kid who attacks the police during an arrest.......or a black immigrant from another country....

and the report from Ferguson.....a lot worse is the report from chicago.....

It isn't a race problem...it is a children being raised by children for generations without adult role models teaching mature, civilized behavior......fix that and a lot of these problems go away.....

Forum List

Back