Do we have a cop problem or a racist problem?

One thing is obvious....Cops just aren't very bright people on the whole. They collectively still don't seem to understand that cameras and people with smartphones are everywhere. They still act like it's 1990, example:
NYPD officer accused of stealing cash as he frisked someone caught on video Daily Mail Online

I've relayed this before on USMB and called a liar, but it's true: I tapped the bumper of a squad car in a parking lot outside the Elizabeth, NJ courthouse (Union County) many years ago. The cop jumped out, inspected the bumper (no visible damage) but decided to give me a ration of $h!t anyway. Then said we could take care of the problem by visiting an ATM around the corner, to the tune of $300 in cash. I was not given any other options.

If this happened today you can bet your sour ass I would have jumped out of my car with my iPhone on video, volume pumped.

Yes, there's a cop problem.

not just cops....union thugs do the same thing......when they are acting like thugs you wonder if they realize people have cameras now............

Blacks are 50% of the prison population so we can assume they commit around 50% of the crime in this country, but cops shoot white guys 75% of the time. This means that there is no racial problem but perhaps a cop problem in that they seem too quick to shoot and kill both whites and blacks.
We have a resisting arrest problem.

African American cops shoot other blacks at a higher percentage than white cops do. .

I'm too lazy to look that one up but if you have a link I'd love to see it.

Heres one, by the way though, it probably does differ by region in coming up with a national average, but never th eless its a 32% differential

Deadly Force in Black and White - ProPublica

Who is killing all those black men and boys?

Mostly white officers. But in hundreds of instances, black officers, too. Black officers account for a little more than10 percent of all fatal police shootings. Of those they kill, though, 78 percent were black.

White officers, given their great numbers in so many of the country's police departments, are well represented in all categories of police killings. White officers killed 91percent of the whites who died at the hands of police. And they were responsible for 68 percent of the people of color killed. Those people of color represented 46 percent of all those killed by white officers.
Black people killing black people don't mean shit.

Happens dozens of times every day.

Do you hear of every one of them?

Hell no.

...it is a children being raised by children for generations without adult role models teaching mature, civilized behavior......fix that and a lot of these problems go away.....

the liberals will never end their war on the American family. Their war creates dependent voters!!.

Blacks are 50% of the prison population so we can assume they commit around 50% of the crime in this country, but cops shoot white guys 75% of the time. This means that there is no racial problem but perhaps a cop problem in that they seem too quick to shoot and kill both whites and blacks.

thats true for sure but thats a long term problem. The cop problem can be solved tomorow by simply changing the rules.

thats true for sure but thats a long term problem. The cop problem can be solved tomorow by simply changing the rules.
I think cops should go on strike, nation wide.

Why does it always have to be one and not the other?

Also you assumption is wild. Heres why? Blacks are harassed and confronted by police more often, with more frequency, charged with minor crimes more often, accused of assault more and prison sentences are typically longer or more harsh than their white counterparts.

Knowing AND defending those facts allows you to then turn around and claim "Hey, they're MUST be in prison for a reason"

As long as the unequal treatment and unfair harassment isnt considered the only "reason" left is they're just bad.

We saw the report from Fergueson...Theres another report in California that shows the same thing. You saw the racist emails passed around the departments.

And your conclusion is: Blacks are a large part of prison SO they must be a large part of crime
Whites are 72% of the total population nationwide.

Hispanics are 16% of the total population nationwide.

Blacks are 12% of the total population nationwide.

Numerically, it makes sense that there are more White being shot than Blacks.

But as a percentage of their group's total?

Blacks have it worse than Whites OR Hispanics.

Ditto for incarceration, I think.

Why?

Racial bias on the part of The Law?

Or is it simply that Blacks resort to crime far more often than Whites?

Or does the truth lie somewhere in the middle - between those two?

My money is on the truth lying somewhere in the middle.

The reasons don't matter.

note.gif
"Don't do the crime, if you can't do the time... no, no... don't do it."
note.gif

When you're stopped by a cop... don't fight... don't run... or you may earn a toe-tag, as Nature de-selects you based on intelligence.

The Scott shooting does NOT appear to be 'righteous', and, if true, the guy should burn.

But if Scott had not resisted and had Scott not run he would still be alive today.

The dumbass chose to run... Nature has de-selected him.

Last edited:
The simple truth is that most whites (not all for the crybabies) try to assign some behavioral problem to an entire race. Which is statically silly.

Before hip hop...police were abusing blacks.

When blacks didn't resist...they were abused (and like now get their ass beat then charged with assault)

When blacks wore suits and hats...police were abusing blacks

When blacks had to do only what their masters told to guess what...they were still abusing blacks.

The problem isn't racism per se...it's the indifference that's bad. Whites act as if blacks are under a mass hypnosis that imagines police abuse. In my neighborhood it was known that if the police gets you...you have to prove your innocent instead of the other way around. And instead of realizing this is true whites pretend that it's warranted. They would never ever ever stand for their communities to be stop and frisked for no reason. It'll be so many "don't tread on me" and "give me liberty or give me death" flags it'll make your eyes bleed.

But blacks should just deal with it. Why? They don't know, but blacks who are routinely harassed eventually get pissed off by always having to prove their innocence. That's understandable to everyone until you throw in race. Then its like "yeah, well...whatever". And the thing about it is its happening tight outside our door...so you can't avoid the areas. Hell Chris Rock (who doesn't live in the hood and not a "thug") got pulled over 3 time in less than 2 months. Come on..

dear, before the liberal attack on blacks they had families as intact as white families and similar crime rates to whites. Read "Please Stop Helping Us" if you want to overcome your brainwashing.

. Hell Chris Rock (who doesn't live in the hood and not a "thug") got pulled over 3 time in less than 2 months. Come on..

probably a lie, but it makes sense anyway. A salesmen makes calls where they think business will be good. Blacks are hip-hop BS oriented not Boy Scout oriented as they should be. Their leadership promotes degeneracy, misogony, racism, illliteracy rather than the protestant ethic.
What do you learn from that? Read "Please Stop Helping Us" if you want to overcome your brainwashing.

dear, before the liberal attack on blacks they had families as intact as white families and similar crime rates to whites. Read "Please Stop Helping Us" if you want to overcome your brainwashing.

Even if what you say is true (liberal destruction yadda yadda) when was the time that blacks weren't being abused? Ok, similar crime rates huh? When was that? And during that time were blacks not being targeted?

Here I'll answer: no

. Hell Chris Rock (who doesn't live in the hood and not a "thug") got pulled over 3 time in less than 2 months. Come on..

probably a lie, but it makes sense anyway. A salesmen makes calls where they think business will be good. Blacks are hip-hop BS oriented not Boy Scout oriented as they should be. Their leadership promotes degeneracy, misogony, racism, illliteracy rather than the protestant ethic.
What do you learn from that? Read "Please Stop Helping Us" if you want to overcome your brainwashing.

You might want to look above at when I stated BEFORE HIP HOP...

I'll tell you why some blacks get harsher sentences

Arrest and prison records.

A gradual escalation of minor crimes with little to no sentencing to felony convictions = Prison

If you have warrants out for your arrest I would imagine walking while black can be tricky.

Followed by dumb actions....no lawyer ( if ur gonna be a criminal or engage in criminal activities, make sure you can afford a lawyer)

Followed by making dumb plea bargains for dumb crimes = prison

I have no doubt some folks of all walks and races get accused and sentenced while they were innocent. That is a tradgety but most definitely not the norm

Yes that's the reason SOMEONE receive harsher sentences because that makes sense for repeat offenders. Like, yeah...Of course.

What you cannot explain away is why the harsher sentences come down for similar records, circumstances etc. It gets harder to just blame the everyone individually of all acting the same and statically a better bet that it's systematic.

Get a attorney and don't make bad plea bargains.

Or

don't do crime

Many, many first time offenders get off with no time, house arrest etc etc etc....multiple times before prison.

To me, its a people problem. There is just no respect or consideration anymore out of anyone. People think that they can do whatever they want to and not suffer any kind of price.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Another idiotic lie from the right, there is no 'liberal attack on blacks.'

Forum List

Back