Do We Need Muslims On Our Team?

Is It Possible To Defeat Radical Islamic Terrorism Without Joining Forces With Muslims?

• Yes

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters
Possibly.

Here's the bigger question- why are we getting involved in civil wars in the Islamic World?

Most of these 'lone wolves' are acting in response to the fact that we are taking the side against ISIS (a group that never would have emerged if not for our policies).

Once again, we are sticking our hands in a hornet's nest and complaining about getting stung.

Its hard to say IMO
I mean, if you actually look at the religion, you would see that their goal is to take over etc. They are even supposed to tax non muslims. If they don't pay, they kill them. Hard to say if "enlisting aid" would do anything more than bite us in the ass. Quit possibly, literally.

I mean, look at the love Europe showed those refugees and what they got in return..

I believe that we need to enlist the aid of Muslims the world over in order to put an end to violent Muslim extremism.

You?

They've had their chances to do that. While the more "moderate", to use an appeasement term Liberal state, may not be the ones doing the terrorist acts, they don't seem to be too much in a hurry to do a lot of the radical ones that are doing them. How many chances do you need to give them before you figure out they aren't going to help?

I mean, look at the love Europe showed those refugees and what they got in return..

I don't think any of these attacks are by refugees. The latest one is supposedly a French born man of Tunisian descent.

I believe that we need to enlist the aid of Muslims the world over in order to put an end to violent Muslim extremism.

You?

Absolutely. It's a worldwide problem and Muslims are just as much victims as other groups. Extremists don't care much who they kill - this is evident from bombings in Turkey, Saudi, Iraq. Since the problem directly involves them - extremists using religion to conduct violence - any solution has to involve Muslims and Muslim countries.

There is only one way to bring Muslims out of the darkness and misery they are living in. Those who profess faith in God in Europe and America must abandon the false doctrines / false churches / false teachers which have them to the crisis in faith we see now. These people are powerless, because they serve a powerless, dead religion rather than placing their trust in Jesus Christ alone. God does not hear the prayers of the wicked.

There is only one deliverer and his name is Jesus Christ. Those that call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. Only by the preaching of the Gospel of Jesus Christ which is very the power of God - can men be saved and delivered from such satanic forces.

Christians are called to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ to all people, including Muslims. By sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ and distributing KJV Holy Bibles to the Muslim people, many will be saved. Not all, but many. The time to act is now. They need to hear the truth. Aren't there enough Muslims already suffering in the fires of hell because no one shared the truth of Jesus Christ with them? I say yes, there are far too many!

I think the first step to solving this savage bullshit, is for the muslims to do something about it. It would help is their fucking leaders didn't call for slaughter. Hell, I remember reading a fatwah from some loony dude that told Islamic children to stain the ground with blood.
It must start with islam first.

2014 some dude told them to do just this....use cars and any weapons they can to kill

reports say the truck mowed people down for a mile....think about how long that is

i think the only way to defeat it is to allow a counter active group by more middle of the road muslims....

I think to defeat it, you have to look at it as not a problem solvable by military means alone. There are multiple causes - political instability, income inequality, corruption, social unrest, lack of education, lack of opportunities that can lead to increased radicalization. When a state is failing, or can not provide for or protect it's people then they turn to tribal, ethnic or religious indentificaiton rather than national to survive. Religious furvor increases in bad times, it's easy for extremists to make the case that outside devils are the cause of all these problems and unite people behind them because the state can't do that. That's why a big part of any solution must come from the Muslim communities and especially those countries but it isn't easy.

I was listening to NPR while driving home from work last night and they had a story about Egypt, and it's population crisis. I didn't realize Egypt was the most populous country in the Middle East. It's economy is a wreck and it's has an abysmally low rate of literacy. In fact the economy was one of the driving factors in the ouster of Mubarrek. Without education, with out the means to cllimb out of poverty and improve your situation - how can you fight extremism that makes so many promises that if you will be a "good Muslim" (according to their definition) - everything will get better?

i think the only way to defeat it is to allow a counter active group by more middle of the road muslims....

I think to defeat it, you have to look at it as not a problem solvable by military means alone. There are multiple causes - political instability, income inequality, corruption, social unrest, lack of education, lack of opportunities that can lead to increased radicalization. When a state is failing, or can not provide for or protect it's people then they turn to tribal, ethnic or religious indentificaiton rather than national to survive. Religious furvor increases in bad times, it's easy for extremists to make the case that outside devils are the cause of all these problems and unite people behind them because the state can't do that. That's why a big part of any solution must come from the Muslim communities and especially those countries but it isn't easy.

I was listening to NPR while driving home from work last night and they had a story about Egypt, and it's population crisis. I didn't realize Egypt was the most populous country in the Middle East. It's economy is a wreck and it's has an abysmally low rate of literacy. In fact the economy was one of the driving factors in the ouster of Mubarrek. Without education, with out the means to cllimb out of poverty and improve your situation - how can you fight extremism that makes so many promises that if you will be a "good Muslim" (according to their definition) - everything will get better?
and the religion itself. Why do people tend to forget about the RELIGION ITSELF. Im sorry, but by the book, it is full of violence.

I think the first step to solving this savage bullshit, is for the muslims to do something about it. It would help is their fucking leaders didn't call for slaughter. Hell, I remember reading a fatwah from some loony dude that told Islamic children to stain the ground with blood.
It must start with islam first.

Your always going to have looney clerics and fatwahs - just like you have looney televangelists - but the main leaders of the faith are not calling for slaughter but condemning it.

Statements by Muslim leaders condemning terrorism
Top Islamic University, Muslim Leaders Condemn ISIS' Slaughter of Ethiopian Christians, Say It Goes 'Against Any Religion'
Muslims Around The World Condemn Paris Attacks Claimed By ISIS
ISIS will only 'drag you to hellfire': Imams warn French Muslims, saying suicide and slaughter not permitted in Islam | Christian News on Christian Today

and the religion itself. Why do people tend to forget about the RELIGION ITSELF. Im sorry, but by the book, it is full of violence.

Yes, but so is the Bible, yet Christians by and large moved beyond it when they became more secular. There is no reason, based on text alone, that Islam can not do the same since the Qu'ran contains many passages on peace, tolerance etc. and the means to put violent passages into context (as is done by many today with the Bible). The culturers have to move in that direction.

Yes, but so is the Bible, yet Christians by and large moved beyond it when they became more secular. There is no reason, based on text alone, that Islam can not do the same since the Qu'ran contains many passages on peace, tolerance etc. and the means to put violent passages into context (as is done by many today with the Bible). The culturers have to move in that direction.
"but so is the bible" yes, and how many savage Christians are there strapping bombs to their chest?
Look, you cant have an honest discussion about islam and always bring up Christianity. FFS, we are talking about ISLAM.
Yes, the cultures have to move in that direction. That's why I said it probably needs to start from within.

Forum List

Back