🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Do you base your decisions on what the news reports or what you experience personally.

I am not saying Fox doesn't have a bias, 100% they do but so does MSN, people choose to watch their own bias. I am just asking if the news is all they base their opinions on or do they also research things.
I have no personal experience with Ukrainians or Russians right now so… you have to rely on the news to report expert opinions and analysis. What else can you do? The real issue is the commentary of the news delivery vehicle.

But here’s the deal on corona evolution and global warming. Scientists say one thing. The right wing internet says another.

Republicans news source is the internet
In this instance, I am going by my own personal experience. I know 5 people who got covid. 3 vaccinated 2 unvaccinated no hospital stays for any of them nobody died. 4 people were over it within days, the 5th person (unvaccinated) took much longer to recover but no hospital and they also were older and had a pre-existing condition.

So I don't believe the news reports on that. But I do listen to working-class people tell their experiences publicly, then I research their bias to make sure they aren't a paid hack for red or blue.

Online I take people for their word but am aware they could be paid hacks.

With Fox it’s easy because we know they’re slanted agenda.

Even though msnbc is bias to liberal issues it’s not lies or half truths.

One thing I notice about Fox. It’s not a lie if you put a question Mark at the end. You don’t have to have proof if it’s posed as a question. Is hunter a spy for China?
Even though msnbc is bias to liberal issues it’s not lies or half truths.

Stop the illegal drugs!

I have no personal experience with Ukrainians or Russians right now so… you have to rely on the news to report expert opinions and analysis. What else can you do? The real issue is the commentary of the news delivery vehicle.
When it has absolutely nothing to do with me and if I have no control over it I just pray for the working-class people who are stuck in this political turmoil.

Well well look at this, as embarrassing as it is to admit I have a few things in common with P time
just like FB & twitter - which i refuse to be on
In my entire posting life I have 3 posts on facebook and zero on twitter

- i don't rely on rw or lefty biased TV show pundits to tell me facts. ...
rw news is a relatively new medium in the mainstream [ted kennedy actually tried to prevent this from happening] not sure if it is better or worse to get bogus facts from a one sided source or from each side.
It was the coverage of watergate that changed things in the way people viewed media coverage and made it easy to accept other news sources...fox [as we know it today] actually owes itself to the coverage of watergate.

that isn't a wise thing to do.
never have truer words been spoken, but it helps to watch it if you want to defeat the parrots who just repeat the days mindless drivel that comes from the boob tube, I just listen to what is said, formulate an argument aginst it then start feeding the parrots crackers
but you did make a spot on point here.

The media's agenda is to shape public opinion, mainly by manipulating the details of events. Their biggest ploy is distraction by broadcasting whatever is sensational at the moment. I think most people see through it.

Let’s all r
I have found clicking through to the original exposes the regular twisting of right wing sources and the occasional one by left wing. That’s objective by my observations. This isn’t a “both sides” issue in quality. It’s a very leaning result.
remember this. Politicians don’t lead. They base their vote based on what their constituents believe. I assume Mitch McConnell constituents agree with Mitch or they’d vote him out.

My fear is this has flipped. Republican voters have been sort of brainwashed. They made it religious. So republicans are for god and democrats are godless. Democrats are also agains guns and they are for gays. It starts with this. Then it’s easy to get them to go along with every other issue like global warming. Republicans have been told don’t trust the scientists, government or media. Of course it’s government telling them this. Conservative government they like and trust.

In Europe conservatives don’t deny global warming. Only in America. Because they are controlled by industry. He’ll, so are democrats.

In this instance, I am going by my own personal experience. I know 5 people who got covid. 3 vaccinated 2 unvaccinated no hospital stays for any of them nobody died. 4 people were over it within days, the 5th person (unvaccinated) took much longer to recover but no hospital and they also were older and had a pre-existing condition.

So I don't believe the news reports on that. But I do listen to working-class people tell their experiences publicly, then I research their bias to make sure they aren't a paid hack for red or blue.

Online I take people for their word but am aware they could be paid hacks.
What about the fact so many anti vaxers have died? You can’t deny the numbers are at least 75% to 25%.

Everyone I know who died was unvaccinated. But yea, a lot of them had pre existing conditions I’m sure.

Remember that young guy who was a Broadway actor and he was on life support. His wife was on the news. I think first he lost his leg and then died? Corona hits everyone different. Most of us it’s just a cold.

I don’t know how I haven’t gotten it. Everyone around me has. Not everyone but a lot of people. I’m glad I got vacc8nated but haven’t got bolstered yet. COVID burnout.

What else is there besides "news reports"? Do you base your decisions on unverified blogs?

What about the fact so many anti vaxers have died? You can’t deny the numbers are at least 75% to 25%.

Everyone I know who died was unvaccinated. But yea, a lot of them had pre existing conditions I’m sure.

Remember that young guy who was a Broadway actor and he was on life support. His wife was on the news. I think first he lost his leg and then died? Corona hits everyone different. Most of us it’s just a cold.

I don’t know how I haven’t gotten it. Everyone around me has. Not everyone but a lot of people. I’m glad I got vacc8nated but haven’t got bolstered yet. COVID burnout.
It will likely take a long time to honestly evaluated the pandemic. It is so highly politicized now that we can't make heads or tails of it.

The media is doing a terrible job getting me to give af about Ukraine Crimea or Belarus

But here’s the deal on corona evolution and global warming. Scientists say one thing. The right wing internet says another.

Republicans news source is the internet
You can be warming in one location and cooling in another. You ever go to the Dunes in NW Indiana? Formed by mini ice age.

The earth changes like it does and there is something significantly wrong with the thinking that it can be stopped also no way to measure.

I only trust my statistics. 5 people I know got covid 3 we're vaccinated and 2 weren't. 1 suffered much longer than the other 4. The 1 who suffered is older had pre existing conditions and was unvaccinated. None died and none went to the hospital. I do not trust the news or any data put out by the gov. Because 10-12 years of clinical studies have not been done. Also on my experience I am not seeing what they are telling me.

What else is there besides "news reports"? Do you base your decisions on unverified blogs?
No. I research people's backgrounds to understand their bias. If I relate to their bias I will more likely support it. And this is what everyone does they just aren't honest to admit it.

I have a foot in both fields. Most is through personal experience leaving the rest for other sources.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Do you base your decisions on what the news reports or what you experience personally?

I just wondered in reference not only to vaccines, war, social issues, etc but all political issues.

How do you arrive at your own personal opinion and how close to what the news reports is actually in your personal experience?
I no longer pay any attention to the national news. AT ALL

And I only mildly trust my local media.

I find that you get a much less biased batch of information by looking up details online.

People like Lauren Chen or Tim Poole are sadly more trustworthy than our own media

Forum List

Back