🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Do you base your decisions on what the news reports or what you experience personally.

Well well look at this, as embarrassing as it is to admit I have a few things in common with P time

In my entire posting life I have 3 posts on facebook and zero on twitter

embarrassing? lol.... well hot damn! - the same can be said about you.

rw news is a relatively new medium in the mainstream [ted kennedy actually tried to prevent this from happening]

who cares? you can actually thank bill clinton for the metastasizing of it.

not sure if it is better or worse to get bogus facts from a one sided source or from each side.

bogus facts is an oxymoron.

It was the coverage of watergate that changed things in the way people viewed media coverage and made it easy to accept other news sources...

i can't wait for the 'multiple weeks of hearings in vivid color ' re: the jan 6 insurrection ... & the weeks leading up to it. i hear they will be held in prime time.

fox [as we know it today] actually owes itself to the coverage of watergate.

i sure hope fox airs them live, unedited & not spun or talked over by their pundits. roger ailes was a real good bud of nixon's - & who had the seeds of the fox propaganda spin machine already in his head. thankfully fox wasn't around back then to sway the audience into believing watergate didn't happen like they are trying to do now with the insurrection.

Roger Ailes’ Secret Nixon-Era Blueprint For Fox News Revealed

John Cook - Contributor,
Gawker
Jun 30, 2011, 3:41 PM

Republican media strategist Roger Ailes launched Fox News Channel in 1996, ostensibly as a "fair and balanced" counterpoint to what he regarded as the liberal establishment media. But according to a remarkable document buried deep within the Richard Nixon Presidential Library, the intellectual forerunner for Fox News was a nakedly partisan 1970 plot by Ailes and other Nixon aides to circumvent the "prejudices of network news" and deliver "pro-administration" stories to heartland television viewers.

The memo—called, simply enough,"A Plan For Putting the GOP on TV News"— is included in a 318-page cache of documents detailing Ailes' work for both the Nixon and George H.W. Bush administrations that we obtained from the Nixon and Bush presidential libraries.

He was a forceful advocate for the power of television to shape the political narrative, and he reveled in the minutiae constructing political spectacles—stage-managing, for instance, the lighting of the White House Christmas tree with painstaking care. He frequently floated ideas for creating staged events and strategies for manipulating the mainstream media into favorable coverage, and used his contacts at the networks to sniff out the emergence of threatening narratives and offer advice on how to snuff them out...

4e0ccb2249e2ae8d2d040000

never have truer words been spoken, but it helps to watch it if you want to defeat the parrots who just repeat the days mindless drivel that comes from the boob tube, I just listen to what is said, formulate an argument aginst it then start feeding the parrots crackers
but you did make a spot on point here.

whatever, francis.

Clinton was actually a better president than I gave him credit for at the time and a media darling who helped cover for him when they could, they were the problem.
Ya know I considered not posting this/that because reposting it with a lack of context could/would open it up to semantical silliness but I dismissed that assuming you weren't the type who never had "JUMBO shrimp" because you don't believe they exist, but it does feel good knowing that having something in common was just an aberration.
i can't wait for the 'multiple weeks of hearings in vivid color '
I fear this will be a harbinger of/for retaliatory strikes by the GOP, the groundwork is being laid for "precedent" [like watergate was for whitewater], the writings on the wall, the GOP is lining up to take down the entire left wing infrastructure from school curriculum to putting their political enemies behind bars, they just need some traction in the form of precedent and their judges are going to take care of business and their media will do what yours has been doing... the good news for you is you will probably get to watch the carnage in vivid color.
...re: the jan 6 insurrection & the weeks leading up to it. i hear they will be held in prime time.
I would be shocked if they weren't held in prime time, the media needs its "aid and comfort"...I'll watch, form my argument around what the talking heads say and then come back here to feed the parrots, but you already knew this, right?

i sure hope fox airs them live, unedited & not spun or talked over by their pundits. roger ailes was a real good bud of nixon's - & who had the seeds of the fox propaganda spin machine already in his head.
It's called return fire...he just used the media template already in place and applied it to fox

thankfully fox wasn't around back then to sway the audience into believing watergate didn't happen like they are trying to do now with the insurrection.
Nixon had nothing to do with the watergate break-in, nothing at all [but he was guilty of the cover up] and watergate is what necessitated the rights need for a counterweight...for the payback SEE: bill and hillary

And now for some return fire on semantical silliness without context [cuz I know how much you enjoy it] ...
its not a secret if its on the internet.

John Cook - Contributor,
Gawker

Republican media strategist Roger Ailes launched Fox News Channel in 1996, ostensibly as a "fair and balanced" counterpoint to what he regarded as the liberal establishment media. But according to a remarkable document buried deep within the Richard Nixon Presidential Library, the intellectual forerunner for Fox News was a nakedly partisan 1970 plot by Ailes and other Nixon aides to circumvent the "prejudices of network news" and deliver "pro-administration" stories to heartland television viewers.

The memo—called, simply enough,"A Plan For Putting the GOP on TV News"— is included in a 318-page cache of documents detailing Ailes' work for both the Nixon and George H.W. Bush administrations that we obtained from the Nixon and Bush presidential libraries.

He was a forceful advocate for the power of television to shape the political narrative, and he reveled in the minutiae constructing political spectacles—stage-managing, for instance, the lighting of the White House Christmas tree with painstaking care. He frequently floated ideas for creating staged events and strategies for manipulating the mainstream media into favorable coverage, and used his contacts at the networks to sniff out the emergence of threatening narratives and offer advice on how to snuff them out...

4e0ccb2249e2ae8d2d040000

What is the importance of this? what is its relevance? the real news story should be how ted kennedy tried to prevent an alternative voice and opinions from airing, that is the most dangerous threat to freedom of the press
whatever, francis.
That was my fathers name, for years I seriously considered legally changing my name to that..but that's neither here nor there as I eagerly await your next verifiable syllable

Last edited:
embarrassing? lol.... well hot damn! - the same can be said about you.

i can't wait for the 'multiple weeks of hearings in vivid color ' re: the jan 6 insurrection ... & the weeks leading up to it. i hear they will be held in prime time.

i sure hope fox airs them live, unedited & not spun or talked over by their pundits. roger ailes was a real good bud of nixon's - & who had the seeds of the fox propaganda spin machine already in his head. thankfully fox wasn't around back then to sway the audience into believing watergate didn't happen like they are trying to do now with the insurrection.

John Cook - Contributor,
Gawker

4e0ccb2249e2ae8d2d040000

whatever, francis.
You don't have to put up with anyone you don't want to. This wasn't supposed to be a place to be attacked so if you don't want to deal with them put them on ignore.

Clinton was actually a better president than I gave him credit for at the time and a media darling who helped cover for him when they could, they were the problem.

Ya know I considered not posting this/that because reposting it with a lack of context could/would open it up to semantical silliness but I dismissed that assuming you weren't the type who never had "JUMBO shrimp" because you don't believe they exist, but it does feel good knowing that having something in common was just an aberration.

I fear this will be a harbinger of/for retaliatory strikes by the GOP, the groundwork is being laid for "precedent" [like watergate was for whitewater], the writings on the wall, the GOP is lining up to take down the entire left wing infrastructure from school curriculum to putting their political enemies behind bars, they just need some traction in the form of precedent and their judges are going to take care of business and their media will do what yours has been doing... the good news for you is you will probably get to watch the carnage in vivid color.

I would be shocked if they weren't held in prime time, the media needs its "aid and comfort"...I'll watch, form my argument around what the talking heads say and then come back here to feed the parrots, but you already knew this, right?

It's called return fire...he just used the media template already in place and applied it to fox

Nixon had nothing to do with the watergate break-in, nothing at all [but he was guilty of the cover up] and watergate is what necessitated the rights need for a counterweight...for the payback SEE: bill and hillary

And now for some return fire on semantical silliness without context [cuz I know how much you enjoy it] ...

What is the importance of this? what is its relevance? the real news story should be how ted kennedy tried to prevent an alternative voice and opinions from airing, that is the most dangerous threat to freedom of the press

That was my fathers name, for years I seriously considered legally changing my name to that..but that's neither here nor there as I eagerly await your next verifiable syllable
Why be hostile just answer the question and topic of the thread.

The news and social media are the same thing, doom and gloom sensationalize. Everything is an editorial, very little facts.

Do you base your decisions on what the news reports or what you experience personally?

I just wondered in reference not only to vaccines, war, social issues, etc but all political issues.

How do you arrive at your own personal opinion and how close to what the news reports is actually in your personal experience?
I found the following analysis to be quite helpful. The comparative study is more in depth compared to 3 paid media rating orgs/sites: AllSides, MediaBiasFactCheck, and AdFontesMedia, and the one linked below describes how it utilized some of the input for over 100 domestic sources.

Coming back with direct link to comparative analysis. Ah, just clicking on the pic above will take you there:)

Last edited:

not doing what's right, & hold those accountable for the crimes they committed for fear of 'retaliation' is what makes cowards refrain.

I would be shocked if they weren't held in prime time, the media needs its "aid and comfort"...

the media has no choice in this. it's when the select committee decides to hold them. it's THEIR idea to possibly have them in prime time ... why? because more people are home at night than during the day.

I'll watch, form my argument around what the talking heads say and then come back here to feed the parrots, but you already knew this, right?

if they are LIVE, then there is no spinning. sure, you can watch the pundits give opinion on it afterwards- but when they are live - they can't be spun, unless you are incapable of forming your own opinion to what you saw & heard in real time. did you watch the insurrection live in real time as it was happening? did you think it was a violent rebellion or a 'tourist attraction', ' legit political recourse' & ' [trump's supporters] were hugging & kissing the [capital] police '?

see above reply re: cowards.

Nixon had nothing to do with the watergate break-in, nothing at all [but he was guilty of the cover up]

ya ya... doesn't change the fact that fox woulda spun that into some fairy tale.

and watergate is what necessitated the rights need for a counterweight...for the payback SEE: bill and hillary

see above rely re: cowards

i enjoy facts.

<GASP>

ted kennedy is dead. worm bait. & he didn't succeed.

so there is THAT.

glad i didn't disappoint.

Last edited:
You don't have to put up with anyone you don't want to. This wasn't supposed to be a place to be attacked so if you don't want to deal with them put them on ignore.

i put no one on ignore, but if i get an unprovoked 'attack' i will respond.

sorry it happened on yer thread - but perhaps you shoulda addressed the 'attacker' first.

not doing what's right, & hold those accountable for the crimes they committed for fear of 'retaliation' is what makes cowards refrain.
And now the right has its verbal justification

the media has no choice in this. it's when the select committee decides to hold them. it's THEIR idea to possibly have them in prime time ... why? because more people are home at night than during the day.
like I said, the media needs its aid and comfort, who decides to give it to them is just a poor attempt at misdirection on your part

if they are LIVE, then there is no spinning.
Non-sequitur...has nothing to do with the parrots coming here and repeating the media spin and me already having a readied response for that spin...misdirection seems to be more hobby for you than strength

sure, you can watch the pundits give opinion on it afterwards- but when they are live - they can't be spun, unless you are incapable of forming your own opinion to what you saw & heard in real time.
As long as you remember your opinion is just that, your opinion...I saw trump walk away from the mueller investigation and the impeachment unscathed...I'm willing to bet "your opinion" on that is the one that came out of the tv

did you watch the insurrection live in real time as it was happening?
no

did you think it was a violent rebellion or a 'tourist attraction',
Well the media is screaming insurrection and violent rebellion so l can guess what "your own opinion" is...
and my own opinion is that from what I have seen there was less reason to believe they were any more dangerous than the looney toons that did actually disrupt government business at the Kavenaugh hearings, but again, I saw the media coverage so I already know "your opinion

' legit political recourse' & ' [trump's supporters] were hugging & kissing the [capital] police '?
no, of course not...that would be "showing cowardly refrain"
see above reply re: cowards.
SEE: right wing justification
ya ya... doesn't change the fact that fox woulda spun that into some fairy tale.
SEE: counterweight
see above rely re: cowards
Cowards pose absolutely no threat to me or the country
I did, it

i enjoy facts.
even the "bogus" ones? if ya don't know they exist then ya must believe they are true
well at least its not misdirection

ted kennedy is dead. worm bait. & he didn't succeed.

so there is THAT.
I spoke too soon, does this mean all is forgiven on the threat to freedom of the press mentality on the left?
SEE: "<GASP>"
glad i didn't disappoint.
Law of averages I guess

like I said, the media needs its aid and comfort, who decides to give it to them is just a poor attempt at misdirection on your part

wrong. the media will air public hearings of national importance per usual - when it is decided by those that are conducting it decide when that time will be.

i e ... a press conference

a speech by the prez

the SOTU

& public hearings. it's not 'aid & comfort'. what a silly thought.

As long as you remember your opinion is just that, your opinion...I saw trump walk away from the mueller investigation and the impeachment unscathed...I'm willing to bet "your opinion" on that is the one that came out of the tv

lol... the mueller investigation was extremely narrow is scope as to what intel could be gathered. mueller had to answer to bill barr, - donny's pitbull.

well then, after this little b/f you will be dismissed. i hope you will educate yerself when them hearings start. you are speaking from a place of ignorance. literally.

Well the media is screaming insurrection and violent rebellion so l can guess what "your own opinion" is...

i saw it live. in real time. my opinion is based on nothing but fact.

and my own opinion is that from what I have seen there was less reason to believe they were any more dangerous than the looney toons that did actually disrupt government business at the Kavenaugh hearings,

140 cops beaten - some with crushed spines, one lost an eye, one was tazed into a heart attack, & 4 committed suicide because they suffered from PTSD.

one protester was trampled to death & one was shot because she was about to get into the speaker's lobby & the cop who shot her was protecting people in that lobby. he had no clue if she was armed or had a bomb.

did any of that happen at brett's hearings?

but again, I saw the media coverage so I already know "your opinion

you didn't see it live, so you are mistaken why my 'opinion' is that it was an insurrection & again, you being ill informed means just that.

Cowards pose absolutely no threat to me or the country

lol ...

even the "bogus" ones?

there are no bogus facts where i am concerned. there is only truth. i research & seek it from unbiased credible sources. & having witnessed it in real time ... & you didn't ... puts you at being in a disadvantaged state.

if ya don't know they exist then ya must believe they are true

lol ..

well at least its not misdirection

I spoke too soon, does this mean all is forgiven on the threat to freedom of the press mentality on the left?

' press mentality on the left '

^^^ says the dude who formulated an opinion of his own without actually watching it live ^^^

holy cow.

we're thru here, francis. enjoy the facts when

' every minute of that day' will be examined with real first person eye witness' testifying & hard copy documents.

wrong. the media will air public hearings of national importance per usual - when it is decided by those that are conducting it decide when that time will be.
and I'll be laying in wait for the parrots

i e ... a press conference

a speech by the prez

the SOTU

& public hearings.
Ya forgot show trials

it's not 'aid & comfort'.
sure it is, any defense and or alliance is, but why the need to deny it?

what a silly thought.
Lets get this out of the way immediately then, your opinion of the hearings and the medias coverage will absolutely be in lock step agreement...no doubt about it. [your only option now is to try and make a deal]

Last edited:
Lets get this out of the way immediately then, your opinion of the hearings and the medias coverage will absolutely be in lock step agreement...no doubt about it. [your only option now is to try and make a deal]

LOL!

guess you have a warped need to believe that to justify your own poorly educated 'opinion' ... what a cop out you are giving to stay that way.

do you not know that these hearings will have first person witness'? hard copy docs that cannot be disputed?

have you never seen a real trial with the same thing as i just discribed & think that it's all made up & it's for show?

the cops that testified how they were beaten, & tazed into having a heart attack were crisis actors? oh, well - maybe you didn't even know that happened.

oh well, donny loves you long time & doesn't want you to change.

it's sad, but not unexpected.

Last edited:
LOL!

guess you have a warped need to believe that to justify your own poorly educated 'opinion' ... what a cop out you are giving to stay that way.
and yet no denial
do you not know that these hearings will have first person witness'? hard copy docs that cannot be disputed?
non sequitur...it is a guarantee you will have the same opinion as the media, no doubt about it, guaranteed...
...can't be disputed? didn't trumps impeachment [where he walked away smiling and laughing at the media] have all that?
have you never seen a real trial with the same thing as i just discribed & think that it's all made up & it's for show?
Yeah, as I said the trump impeachment fits that discription doesn't it? or was that just theater?
the cops that testified how they were beaten, & tazed into having a heart attack were crisis actors? oh, well - maybe you didn't even know that happened.
Yeah yeah yeah, heard it on the tv...parrot food

did any of that happen at brett's hearings?
:yes_text12:
whadda ya want a video? need to see it on tv before ya believe it?

They tried to bust down the door as opposed to the media show trial crowd that was invited in

Arrests saved the day

:abgg2q.jpg:

Don't you feel dirty after pretending the media gets it right, just posting the videos to satisfy your fix made me feel dirty

Last edited:
Had a teacher back in high school that told us if we want to know the truth, we have to figure out how to research the truth. This means reading, watching, and hearing.......but knowing how to sift out the bullshit, the lies, the personal opinions, and the coercion and propaganda......which usually leaves the truth......if there is any to be had.

So thats how I do it. And if there IS any truth to be had after filtering out all the shit and garbage, then that is my belief of the truth.

Forum List

Back