Zone1 Do you believe in Free Speech

I disagree.
But first, lets make sure were not confusing canvassing with soliciting.

{...
So, if a notice board or individual says that solicitors are not allowed in a neighborhood, volunteers can still legally canvass it.
...}

That is because soliciting is not protected and canvassing is a protected right.

Even if you have a "no trespassing" sign, there are people who have a right to knock.
Like police, bill collectors, utilities, etc.

Yep. That's the kind of thing I was finding, and, of course, it doesn't back up your claim. They were charged with soliciting without a permit. They still have to respect No Trespassing and No Canvassing signs.

Your notion that the First Amendment gives people the right to force themselves on others is bullshit.

A no trespassing sign does not prevent those with legitimate business from knocking.

{...
In short, a homeowner who posts a “No Trespassing” sign is simply making explicit what the law already recognizes: that persons entering onto another person’s land must have a legitimate reason for doing so or risk being held civilly, or perhaps even criminally, liable for trespass. Consequently, as set forth above, a knock-and-talk conducted within constitutional parameters is a legitimate reason for police officers to enter the curtilage of a house via a driveway that is obstructed by nothing more than several “No Trespassing” signs. For this reason, we disagree with the dissent that “a ‘No Trespassing’ sign should be of particular significance to law enforcement officers in communicating that they may need to obtain a warrant before entering the property.” Officers engaging in legitimate police business will conclude, correctly, that they are not engaging in a “trespass” when they approach a front door to conduct a knock-and-talk. We also emphasize that the occupant of a residence is under no obligation to open a door when knocked upon by a police officer who holds no warrant.
...}

The government can do nothing, private or public property.

The owners of the private property can toss you. They can even have you arrested.

I have no idea how so many are simply unable to understand the rights protected in the Constitution apply to government actions, not public actions.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. The culture warriors are destroying this country. Tearing down the foundations of Constitutional government in a vain attempt to force their values on others.

I'm saying your view that both sides are terrible is wrong.

Stop telling me what I think. You’re obviously extremely poor at comprehending that.

Youve lost the argument and now are trying to make this about me. Going personal. Oldest trick in the book. Grow up

Stop pretending you aren't a fan of censoring or ruining people who disagree with you.

I haven't lost anything, and I've kept Zone 1 decorum more stringently than you.

You mean as long as Biden got to be President anything goes?

Trump refused a peaceful transfer of power and tried to steal the election

he didn't refuse anything, because it happened on time.

Anything he did was within legal bounds.

Stop pretending you aren't a fan of censoring or ruining people who disagree with you.

I haven't lost anything, and I've kept Zone 1 decorum more stringently than you.
For you to play mind reader and make statements about what I like and support that are contrary to what I say… that is trolling, not zone 1 decorum

That private biz and social media can’t regulate their content

I say that in this one specific case they should be held to the 1st amendment if they accept Section 230 protections.

Not their content, not their protections.

For you to play mind reader and make statements about what I like and support that are contrary to what I say… that is trolling, not zone 1 decorum

It's calling out the obvious. If you can't recognize or admit to it, that's on you, not me.

Wanna go to an admin over it? Be my guest.

Forum List

Back