Do you Believe Kavanaugh's Rape Accuser?

Do you believe Kavanaughs rape accuser?

• Yes

Votes: 27 19.6%
  • No

Votes: 111 80.4%

• Total voters
Actually, they had a good relationship until Ford dumped him over his crudeness and various policies. He was one of the early high ranking American CEO's to reject Trump after watching him for a short time after the election. Bill Ford is, in fact, a knowledgeable and experienced CEO, unlike Trump who is merely a crooked hustler and con man.
The virtuous Mr. Ford lost a very expensive case over which Kavanaugh's mother presided.
According to Fox News his mother never presided over that case. One version of this story is fake news and it is sounding like it is yours.

Link.
I heard it on Outnumbered about an hour ago. I’ll post a link as soon as I find one published.

We wait, beady-eyed, with bated breath.
Don’t you find it interesting that only the wingnut media is reporting this? Not one credible outlet? It smells like there is more to the story. And there is a reason why the Fox host got cut off from reporting it. We shall see.

For Christ's sake, why would she wait for 40+ years to do anything about it?

This kind of nonsense is unbelievable, IMO.
I've never been an accuser or a victim. I have no idea. But there is evidence that accusers get a lot worse treatment than the accused, and I do not blame anyone for trying to bury the incident, especially in today's atmosphere. The whole "MeToo" movement began because so many valid claims were ignored by justice and turned against the victims.

It is a serious claim, and abuse of such claims should also be treated with caution. And I remember not too long ago (to me, that is) when a Presidential accuser of some 20 years prior was believed and rewarded with legal support by the Republican party. She won a lawsuit AND got a nose job. So there IS precedent.

A major difference there. Her claims were supported by a history of such behavior. Bill was a well-known coxman.
Billy, you've nuanced away from my point, or I wasn't clear. What I had hoped to convey is the nearly complete support (and financing) Ms. Jones got from Republicans who had been out to 'get' Bubba for years. Now the worm has turned and they (you?) are crying 'irrelevant' and simply mystified at how those nasty Democrats could give credence to so old and iffy a case.

Not at all. Kavanaugh has no history of untoward behavior toward women. Bill did.

I'm not crying "irrelevant". I say it's a lie.
So if you hadn't heard about Bubba's prior coxmanship, Paula Jones would have been a liar?
It's all pretty moot anyway, billy, and I'm sorta sorry I involved myself in this particular angle of the Kavanaugh hearings. I find the gamesmanship of the sudden huge document dump far more disturbing. But I still find Republican reaction to this Ford woman's reluctant decision bitterly amusing as I reminisce the late 90s. And we both know what is coming from out of the WH, and I also expect to be amused as I remember how Hillary is such a douchebag because she didn'r talk nice about Monica or Linda Tripp while I read tweets from the Master Blaster.

It’s a libbie tactic that when things don’t go their way, claim sexual misconduct from 14 to 40 years ago. Hope that false Puritanism will kick in with your audience and demand the accused prove himself innocent. They do it with Trump. Prime element of a witch hunt.

I think she should be heard, publicly and under oath, before Congress.

First, her account was first relayed in 2012 in therapy. And she has the therapy notes to prove it. She also has witnesses that affirm that she cited Kavanaugh specifically years before his hearing. Eliminating the account being politically motivated.

Second, she took a lie detector test in August, administered by a former FBI agent.

She passed.
Former FBI agent?

Do you mean Peter Strzok???

I've never been an accuser or a victim. I have no idea. But there is evidence that accusers get a lot worse treatment than the accused, and I do not blame anyone for trying to bury the incident, especially in today's atmosphere. The whole "MeToo" movement began because so many valid claims were ignored by justice and turned against the victims.

It is a serious claim, and abuse of such claims should also be treated with caution. And I remember not too long ago (to me, that is) when a Presidential accuser of some 20 years prior was believed and rewarded with legal support by the Republican party. She won a lawsuit AND got a nose job. So there IS precedent.

A major difference there. Her claims were supported by a history of such behavior. Bill was a well-known coxman.
Billy, you've nuanced away from my point, or I wasn't clear. What I had hoped to convey is the nearly complete support (and financing) Ms. Jones got from Republicans who had been out to 'get' Bubba for years. Now the worm has turned and they (you?) are crying 'irrelevant' and simply mystified at how those nasty Democrats could give credence to so old and iffy a case.

Not at all. Kavanaugh has no history of untoward behavior toward women. Bill did.

I'm not crying "irrelevant". I say it's a lie.
So if you hadn't heard about Bubba's prior coxmanship, Paula Jones would have been a liar?
It's all pretty moot anyway, billy, and I'm sorta sorry I involved myself in this particular angle of the Kavanaugh hearings. I find the gamesmanship of the sudden huge document dump far more disturbing. But I still find Republican reaction to this Ford woman's reluctant decision bitterly amusing as I reminisce the late 90s. And we both know what is coming from out of the WH, and I also expect to be amused as I remember how Hillary is such a douchebag because she didn'r talk nice about Monica or Linda Tripp while I read tweets from the Master Blaster.
Lying to a grand jury.

Felony.

Why didn't she come forward when he was being grilled for the DC bench???

That was very public too.

Or mention it in her 30's when Kavanaugh presided over her parents' case.

I think something happened to her or she would not have told her therapist. My suspicion is that she is using an incident perpetrated by someone else to take out Kavanaugh. It disturbs me that her account no longer matches her therapist's notes. She claims she can't remember much, but the therapist got it wrong. I don't see how one can claim the therapist's notes help her. They prove that her memory changed.

She passed a lie detector test. With witnesses affirming that she cited Kavanaugh as her attacker years before his hearing.

Would Kavanaugh also be willing to take a lie detector test?

A judge knows how unreliable they are. There is no upside to taking a polygraph, even if he is pure as the driven snow.

Do you have any thoughts on how different the stories are? That's what's most concerning to me. If her memory changed that much in the last 6 years, how much did it change in the prior 25 years or so?

It’s a libbie tactic that when things don’t go their way, claim sexual misconduct from 14 to 40 years ago. Hope that false Puritanism will kick in with your audience and demand the accused prove himself innocent. They do it with Trump. Prime element of a witch hunt.

Opposing attempted forcible rape is hardly 'puritanism'.

I think something happened to her or she would not have told her therapist. My suspicion is that she is using an incident perpetrated by someone else to take out Kavanaugh. It disturbs me that her account no longer matches her therapist's notes. She claims she can't remember much, but the therapist got it wrong. I don't see how one can claim the therapist's notes help her. They prove that her memory changed.

She passed a lie detector test. With witnesses affirming that she cited Kavanaugh as her attacker years before his hearing.

A judge knows how unreliable they are. There is no upside to taking a polygraph, even if he is pure as the driven snow.

Do you have any thoughts on how different the stories are? That's what's most concerning to me. If her memory changed that much in the last 6 years, how much did it change in the prior 25 years or so?

Then what would Kavanaugh have to lose by taking one?

If his denials are as 'unequivocal' as he claims, then surely he'll pass. Christine Ford certainly did when she took a lie detector test.

Then what would Kavanaugh have to lose by taking one?

If his denials are as 'unequivocal' as he claims, then surely he'll pass. Christine Ford certainly did when she took a lie detector test.

No, not surely he will pass. There's a reason they aren't admissible. Its because polygraphs are frequently wrong.

A former FBI agent (unnamed) claims she took a lie detector test
Witnesses (unnamed) claimed stuff, before the hearing. Big whoop. Feinstein had this woman's information back in July. Plenty of time to arrange witnesses.

BTW, why didn't she bring it up as soon as he was nominated???

When it actually happens as opposed to some vague 40 years ago horseshit designed to serve a political purpose .

Witnesses (unnamed) claimed stuff, before the hearing. Big whoop. Feinstein had this woman's information back in July. Why didn't she bring it up as soon as he was nominated???

Let her name the former FBI agent that administered the lie detector test she passed during her public testimony before Congress.

Let the former FBI agent that administered the lie detector test she passed testify publicly before Congress.

And would Kavanaugh be willing to take a lie detector test as Ford did?

Why? To influence the upcoming election and hurt Kavanaugh. No other reason. Just like the lying scum dims did to Clarence Thomas. Notice how liberals love black people until they don't take their side?

When it actually happens as opposed to some vague 40 years ago horseshit designed to serve a political purpose .

The account of attempted forcible rape being first relayed in 2012 to her therapist with witnesses affirming that she cited Kavanaugh as her attacker years before Kavanaugh's hearing eliminate a political motive as a plausible cause for the account.

As why would hearings in 2018 motivate an account shared in 2012? And then only to her therapist?

And of course, Ford passed a lie detector test, administered by a former FBI agent.

Again, your 'puritianism' argument just doesn't make sense.

Gee I wonder where the 'libbies' learned that accusations of ages old sexual harassment (and lack of flowers at work) would effectively stop a process. False Puritanism? I'm pretty sure recent Republicans hold the patent for that.

Check out the poll. A reflection of America.
Continues to be quite odd here at USMB that these polls run 80-85% on the side of sanity yet the written responses are 50/50?
The only conclusion is that one must question the legitimacy and veracity of many of the posters.

Gee I wonder where the 'libbies' learned that accusations of ages old sexual harassment (and lack of flowers at work) would effectively stop a process. False Puritanism? I'm pretty sure recent Republicans hold the patent for that.

Yeah, its adorable isn't it?

"If you and I fall into bad moral habits, we can harm our families, our employers and our friends. The President of the United States can incinerate the planet. Seriously, the very idea that we ought to have at or less than the same moral demands placed on the Chief Executive that we place on our next door neighbor is ludicrous and dangerous. Throughout our history, we have seen the presidency as the repository of all of our highest hopes and ideals and values. To demand less is to do an injustice to the blood that bought our freedoms."

Now riddle me this......who wrote this Puritanical moral argument?

Witnesses (unnamed) claimed stuff, before the hearing. Big whoop. Feinstein had this woman's information back in July. Plenty of time to arrange witnesses.

BTW, why didn't she bring it up as soon as he was nominated???
Have you not been paying attention? That question has been answered.

By late August, Ford had decided not to come forward, calculating that doing so would upend her life and probably would not affect Kavanaugh’s confirmation. “Why suffer through the annihilation if it’s not going to matter?” she said.

Her story leaked anyway. On Wednesday, the Intercept reported that Feinstein had a letter describing an incident involving Kavanaugh and a woman while they were in high school and that Feinstein was refusing to share it with her Democratic colleagues.

Feinstein soon released a statement: “I have received information from an individual concerning the nomination of Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court,” she wrote. “That individual strongly requested confidentiality, declined to come forward or press the matter further, and I have honored that decision. I have, however, referred the matter to federal investigative authorities.”

California professor, writer of confidential Brett Kavanaugh letter, speaks out about her allegation of sexual assault

Check out the poll. A reflection of America.
Continues to be quite odd here at USMB that these polls run 80-85% on the side of sanity yet the written responses are 50/50?
The only conclusion is that one must question the legitimacy and veracity of many of the posters.
I post on another board I think of as the "fun board." This is the "angry board." Lotsa bitter biters here. They probably just post more often.

Forum List

Back