Do you believe that we are now or will soon be overpopulated?

Simple question before I head out to work. Do you believe in overpopulation, do you think it's a current problem or a very near future one, and what label would you use to identify yourself overall?
Yes, global warming is directly related to overpopulation.

Another Whale Has Washed Up Dead With Plastic Packing Its Stomach | HuffPost

Yes, we are overpopulated. If you ask unkotare we aren't but if you ask any other animal on this planet they'll say yes.

Some parts of the planet are overpopulated, but there is still plenty of room for more people IMHO.

Cities like New York can certainly thinned out, and folks be shipped to rural areas.

If we can get global warming, a lot of Alaska could be quite temperate.

keep those scum in 'new york' and 'los angeles' just on principle . But send them rural and it just hurts Rural PP .

I don't think so of the world but YES , the USA is overpopulated Sealy .

Are you sure?

upload_2019-4-1_16-26-33.png

Simple question before I head out to work. Do you believe in overpopulation, do you think it's a current problem or a very near future one, and what label would you use to identify yourself overall?

Yes, we are overpopulated. If you ask unkotare we aren't but if you ask any other animal on this planet they'll say yes.

Some parts of the planet are overpopulated, but there is still plenty of room for more people IMHO.

Cities like New York can certainly thinned out, and folks be shipped to rural areas.

If we can get global warming, a lot of Alaska could be quite temperate.
We don't want the people in all our major cities to spread out across the USA. So much for the small towns in America and wide open spaces.

The fact is, we don't have too many rich or middle class people. We have too many poor people. We see middle class people are having less kids, even rich people are having less kids but the poor keep on pumping them out. This is why I like it that Republicans are making cuts to social programs that help the poor. If poor people get less help, chances are they'll have less kids. If they have to work for welfare, chances are they won't even apply for it.

In other words the same reason middle class people don't have more kids than they can afford, will be the same reasons why poor people don't have kids. Middle class people don't want to fall into poverty. Well, poor people now don't worry about that. It's just one more kid to ask for welfare for and one more kid to put on the ACA. If they had to pay for the extra kids they might fix themselves and have fewer "accidents"

Are you sure?

View attachment 253472

2100 is 81 years from now. How accurate were the population projects for 2019 back in 1938?

Oh you want now? I was just pointing out it's not just the USA. In fact Africa is going to have the most babies in the next few decades.

upload_2019-4-1_16-32-25.png

By 2070, the bulk of the world's population growth is predicted to take place in Africa: of the additional 2.4 billion people projected between 2015 and 2050, 1.3 billion will be added in Africa, 0.9 billion in Asia and only 0.2 billion in the rest of the world.

Certain areas of the globe still have open, habitable areas, but any honest estimation of current affairs must admit that the population of humans has passed a sane level.

Certain areas of the globe still have open, habitable areas, but any honest estimation of current affairs must admit that the population of humans has passed a sane level.

The ability to grow food has increased more that the population has.

And there are areas of the world which have decreasing populations. The city of Youngstown Ohio had a significantly higher population in 1910 than it does today, example given.

No....actual science shows that population levels are declining, not increasing, and that population density isn't even close to being too high......the entire world population can fit into Texas with the density of New York city..... that isn't too many people for the planet...

What is it with you left wingers and your desire to kill people?

I think it's not only overpopulation, but the huge amounts of garbage and packaging. I've noticed how much garbage I take out every week and it's a whole lot, because every food item has a lot of packaging, often several layers.

I don't think it was this much 100 years ago and certainly not 200 years ago.

Are you sure?

View attachment 253472

2100 is 81 years from now. How accurate were the population projects for 2019 back in 1938?

Many scientists think Earth has a maximum carrying capacity of 9 billion to 10 billion people.

Why would we want to push it to the max?

The median estimate for future growth sees the world population reaching 8.6 billion in 2030, 9.8 billion in 2050 and 11.2 billion by 2100 assuming a continuing decrease in average fertility rate from 2.5 births per woman in 2010–2015 to 2.2 in 2045–2050 and to 2.0 in 2095–2100, according to the medium-variant ...

We are overpopulated people!!!!

----------------------------------- the only reason i say that the USA is overpopulated is because i like the USA with lighter population because that scenario is more pleasant for ME , my family and personal likes . I can't imagine the traffic in 'los angeles' or 'chicago' for example . I live rural , biggest road around here is 2 lane highway with the biggest slowdown coming because the wild animal herds are blocking - crossing the highway .

I would have been here to be your #2 post, but I was stuck in a long line of unmoving bumper to bumper traffic, jammed elevators and crammed full subway cars coming home!

I think it's not only overpopulation, but the huge amounts of garbage and packaging. I've noticed how much garbage I take out every week and it's a whole lot, because every food item has a lot of packaging, often several layers.

Your garbage goes into a landfill, not the ocean. 95% of the plastic in the ocean comes from third world countries in Africa and Asia.

95% of plastic in the oceans comes from Third World countries - Voice of Europe

Your garbage goes into a landfill, not the ocean. 95% of the plastic in the ocean comes from third world countries in Africa and Asia.

That is an idiotic white supremacist site supported by bonehead morons like you. You are basically saying white people do not litter and all landfills are far away from water, except in the third world.

That is an idiotic white supremacist site supported by bonehead morons like you. You are basically saying white people do not litter and all landfills are far away from water, except in the third world.
It's a "white supremacist" site? I suppose you have some evidence to back that up other than they post the truth about your imbecile leftwing propaganda.

Go look outside and tell me how much litter you see? A landfill can be one mile from the ocean and none of what goes into it will ever end up in the ocean.

Have you ever been to a third world country? I have been to a number of them. Some of them are relatively clean, but a lot of them are just one big garbage dump. People throw their trash right into the street and into rivers.

Last edited:

Are you sure?

View attachment 253472

Many scientists think Earth has a maximum carrying capacity of 9 billion to 10 billion people.

Why would we want to push it to the max?

The median estimate for future growth sees the world population reaching 8.6 billion in 2030, 9.8 billion in 2050 and 11.2 billion by 2100 assuming a continuing decrease in average fertility rate from 2.5 births per woman in 2010–2015 to 2.2 in 2045–2050 and to 2.0 in 2095–2100, according to the medium-variant ...

We are overpopulated people!!!!

Assume that is true- the earth has a 10 billion person capacity.

There is no way to reduce fertility in Africa, and India and Latin America where most of the population is growing. Since there is nothing we can do about, don't worry, be happy.

Although IMHO, Almighty God is still in charge, and He is committed to rapturing us before things get out of hand

Humans have such a capacity for intelligence. If only it were more often applied!

Forum List

Back